Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Dragonatrix posted:

Congratulations on your serial killer wife, Deku!

Bakugou can do a toast, and Hagakure can Weekend at Bernie's his bloodless husk through the vows. We'll sell tickets. It'll be great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm imagining the next arc is going to be that collaborative training thing with the other schools.

Mostly because it means Inasa and the others can come back, and with Shiketsu being in the picture it means Toga still has a use for Camie. I'd put real money down on her not being dead, nor dying. Horikoshi just doesn't seem to want to go that dark in this series.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Fabricated posted:

I'm imagining the next arc is going to be that collaborative training thing with the other schools.

Mostly because it means Inasa and the others can come back, and with Shiketsu being in the picture it means Toga still has a use for Camie. I'd put real money down on her not being dead, nor dying. Horikoshi just doesn't seem to want to go that dark in this series.

Yeah the encounter between AfO and All Might pretty much sets the tone for the whole thing. He will set things up to be dark, but it won't actually go that far. Perhaps it will eventually, once we fully take it for granted, but not for a while.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Spoilers are coming out and wow, this is a really loving interesting chapter.

It's literally more like an American comic chapter than a shounen battlemanga one.

Legit Spoilers:
It follows part of the villain alliance over the course of a day - with Twice out of costume talking about his backstory (he has a scar down the middle of his face because he popped out clones to do criminal work for him when he first started out- they rebelled and mutilated him, he killed them all, now he isn't sure if he's the original or not). Criminals are now teaming up and ambushing/defeating solo heroes with the VA's inspiration now becoming a world-wide thing, Endeavor has proven ineffective as a deterrent. Dabi is apparently just as anti-criminal as he is anti-hero and burns some punks to death. We get a peek at some new potential VA members. There's also a couple kinda gruesome panels of someone hit with some weird melding quirk.

And at the end, All Might visits All For One in prison to ask just what the gently caress he wants to accomplish.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Nov 10, 2016

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Horikoshi not easing up on the body horror poo poo, yeesh

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's out

http://mangastream.com/r/my_hero_academia/115/3791/1

A chapter focusing on Twice was unexpected. Also Dabi is not so much Anti Criminal as he has standards for co workers.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Nov 10, 2016

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Ah geez, Horikoshi found the threads Moogle.com search history

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Glad to see Potemkin getting work

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Nooo he was so funny last time, definitely a highlight of that arc, I don't want his story to be so sad :(

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

It was inevitable. You can't have a proper Deadpool homage with just the jokes.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Tunahead posted:

It was inevitable. You can't have a proper Deadpool homage with just the jokes.

Really digging the way Horikoshi is handling his 4th wall voice.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Twice is kinda rorschach plus deadpool, which is cool.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fabricated posted:

Twice is kinda rorschach plus deadpool, which is cool.

His clone stuff also reminds of Multiple Man?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I wonder if it's not a coincidence that Twice and Toga got spotlights one after another because their quirks are terrifying if used in conjunction with each other. Maybe they're gonna play a big part in the villains' future plans.

Also Dabi is totally gonna turn out to be Endeavor's son.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

What is Horikoshi's relationship with Araki? Could we be seeing the third D'Abi brother?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

MonsterEnvy posted:

It's out

http://mangastream.com/r/my_hero_academia/115/3791/1

A chapter focusing on Twice was unexpected. Also Dabi is not so much Anti Criminal as he has standards for co workers.

Dabi is Stain 2.0. He said as much in his first appearance, and he meant it.

Also wow, Twice is amazing. And tragic.

Meanwhile Endeavor mostly being popular among men who are 20-40 is perfect. He's really the MRA hero.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Really liked everything about this chapter.

The bit about Twice's clone revolt was a novel origin. Also, I didn't expect the evil tire from Rubber to show up in MHA.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Holy poo poo this chapter was amazing.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Mr. Fowl posted:

Really liked everything about this chapter.

The bit about Twice's clone revolt was a novel origin. Also, I didn't expect the evil tire from Rubber to show up in MHA.

Why did you remind me this pretentious piece of poo poo existed?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I want to know more about the demographics certain heroes appeal to.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
extremely good chapter if ridiculously bleak

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

This chapter owns.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I still wanna know more about Dabi, because I still have no idea what his fire's difference is compared to Endeavor or Todoroki's is.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

RareAcumen posted:

I still wanna know more about Dabi, because I still have no idea what his fire's difference is compared to Endeavor or Todoroki's is.

So far there's been no stated difference I believe, it's just drawn darker.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Roland Jones posted:

Meanwhile Endeavor mostly being popular among men who are 20-40 is perfect. He's really the MRA hero.

I mean, if you wanna put it into context, he's the kind of hero that lovely Asian dads would love and the reader base is children who would know this firsthand.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
All for One must not have known about Double since it definitely seems like an ability AfO would want. He could create a literal army of himself.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

RatHat posted:

All for One must not have known about Double since it definitely seems like an ability AfO would want. He could create a literal army of himself.

Or he was worried about the same situation as Twice happening to him.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I like that Twice's issue is actually totally legitimate; just because their clones of you doesn't mean they're gonna obey you unquestionably. They still have dignity. plus since his clones could also double it seems like his clones literally were 100% just as real as the original version of himself. Not sure where this fits into Dabi's clone being weaker though.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Twice doesn't ever want to clone himself again. Seems like a good limitation for a Busted quirk

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Stallion Cabana posted:

I like that Twice's issue is actually totally legitimate; just because their clones of you doesn't mean they're gonna obey you unquestionably. They still have dignity. plus since his clones could also double it seems like his clones literally were 100% just as real as the original version of himself. Not sure where this fits into Dabi's clone being weaker though.

He said it in the chapter: His clones disappear after they take a certain amount of damage.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
More than anything, the All Might/Endeavor dynamic makes me think of Superman/Batman. Batman may not have the same #2 status complex that Endeavor has, but Superman as a deterrent/symbol certainly matches up correctly and Batman being the angrier more violent face of heroics also fits (along with the demographics of each hero's supporters). If DC wanted to kill off Superman again and run a story line where Batman steps into the now vacant top hero role, it'd be a real interesting read.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Amstrad posted:

More than anything, the All Might/Endeavor dynamic makes me think of Superman/Batman. Batman may not have the same #2 status complex that Endeavor has, but Superman as a deterrent/symbol certainly matches up correctly and Batman being the angrier more violent face of heroics also fits (along with the demographics of each hero's supporters). If DC wanted to kill off Superman again and run a story line where Batman steps into the now vacant top hero role, it'd be a real interesting read.

I think that in-universe, Martian Manhunter is more the #2 hero than Batman is. Batman shouldn't really be fighting guys like Zod, Bizarro, and Doomsday anyway.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 10, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I think him being one of the copies would be a cool story thing and Horikoshi will probably go with it.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I think him being one of the copies would be a cool story thing and Horikoshi will probably go with it.

If he's one of the copies, does that mean he's more fragile than a normal human?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How does he have the scar if he's a copy though?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Silver2195 posted:

I think that in-universe, Martian Manhunter is more the #2 hero than Batman is. Batman shouldn't really be fighting guys like Zod, Bizarro, and Doomsday anyway.

Is MM even around after New 52? I thought he got replaced by Cyborg in the Justice League, which was essentially the only book in which MM appeared.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Silver2195 posted:

And yet he does, anyways. He's got whatever fancy toy he needs to do it, too, but it's frequently written so that it's not Batman's job to beat them, it's Batman's job to buy Superman a breather, so he can come back strong and finish the job.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

i think it's more likely that he's not, and he'll suffer a gruesome slow death and be glad of it because it means he's real

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

RatHat posted:

How does he have the scar if he's a copy though?

Well we only know that it's a certain amount of damage not how much. Hell, no matter how the anime made it look even Naruto's shadow clones had to suffer a pretty bad hit before they disappeared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

NecroMonster posted:

i think it's more likely that he's not, and he'll suffer a gruesome slow death and be glad of it because it means he's real

Thatd be bleak as poo poo and would be so worth its own mini series.

It would also be incredibly my poo poo