Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

xzzy posted:

Icarus is actually a usable perk on handcannons. I'd love to try it out but I'm not really a bunny hopping style player.

But for someone good at maneuvering in the air it's supposedly very good.

It certainly /feels/ like it has a positive effect on HCs. I have a Rifled/Icarus Lord High as gently caress and either it's easier to land shots in mid-air than similar guns or I've convinced myself that it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Mikey-San posted:

It certainly /feels/ like it has a positive effect on HCs. I have a Rifled/Icarus Lord High as gently caress and either it's easier to land shots in mid-air than similar guns or I've convinced myself that it is.

It definitely is. Lots of sweaty players actively grind for Icarus because Handcannon-ing from midair is their default attack mode.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
Me, four months ago: "It's a good thing Grasp can't roll HCR. Whew!"

Me, all of last night: [profanity]

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
I'm really liking Ace of Spades. i've picked up handcannons recently and have no idea why it took me so long to use them.

Also which machine gun looks better here? First is a Baron's Ambition, the +/- perk is small bore. Second is a Silvered Dread.

Incitatus fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 10, 2016

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

qbert posted:

It definitely is. Lots of sweaty players actively grind for Icarus because Handcannon-ing from midair is their default attack mode.

Yeah. I almost sharded it originally but put it in my vault because "why not". Thankfully, I forgot about it during various vault purge sessions that occurred before I learned that Icarus was actually good on HCs.

Mikey-San fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Nov 10, 2016

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

qbert posted:

This and LitC (which Icarus shares a perk slot with in Y1/2 items) is banned in most sweats.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

Maker Of Shoes posted:

This and LitC (which Icarus shares a perk slot with in Y1/2 items) is banned in most sweats.

People actually ban perks?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Fox only final destination

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://web.archive.org/web/20160109203010/http://projecthawk.org/

(Remember that this was back when "private match" meant synchronizing your join times and hoping for the best.)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Incitatus posted:

People actually ban perks?

Yes. It's pretty common in pretty much every game that's ever had a sweaty pvp community.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I have played 40 matched in IB and gotten 2 Clever Dragons

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

FishBulb posted:

I have opened four bounty weapon packages and gotten side arms from every single one.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Bob NewSCART posted:

I have opened four bounty weapon packages and gotten side arms from every single one.

All bounty rewards are guns not being offered that week, so you're not getting Clever Dragon from a bounty.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

qbert posted:

All bounty rewards are guns not being offered that week, so you're not getting Clever Dragon from a bounty.

I don't want a clever dragon from a bounty. I want something other than a piece of poo poo infusion fodder garbage boy dick toy

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Bob NewSCART posted:

I don't want a clever dragon from a bounty. I want something other than a piece of poo poo infusion fodder garbage boy dick toy

Well the only IB guns worth using are the pulse and machine gun, so bounties are not gonna solve that issue this week.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
11 machine guns though

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

FishBulb posted:

I played twenty matches yesterday and got zero. But I sure as poo poo got disintegrated by HCR Dragons constantly. Even getting the drop on one isn't sufficient a decent portion of the time. This feels like the kind of poo poo that gets Shot Packaged, but who knows.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

qbert posted:

Well the only IB guns worth using are the pulse and machine gun, so bounties are not gonna solve that issue this week.

I'm gonna give you a swirly you dork

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
In other pulse rifle chat, I discovered a PDX-45 hiding under some vault dust the other day. Counterbalance, HCR, and Smallbore. It winds up very close to one of the Blind Perdition configurations and just makes me want a Perdition even more.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

actionjackson posted:

Lol at people who aren't maining a fusion rifle at all times

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Man they really are sucking that twitch dick hard huh

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

FishBulb posted:

Man they really are sucking that twitch dick hard huh

Kids love it! Sorry they're more relevant than you are.

ils
Jan 22, 2001

Pretty solid, I may actually like it a little better than Y1 Jolder's Hammer. (No, just kidding, that thing was an infinite ammo death laser.)

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I keep getting machine guns

Small bore
Rangefinder
Field scout

Should I use linear or aggressive?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

actionjackson posted:

I keep getting machine guns

Small bore
Rangefinder
Field scout

Should I use linear or aggressive?

Linear, and that's a pretty great roll.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

qbert posted:

Linear, and that's a pretty great roll.

But is it better than

Thunderlord

or

Ruin wake with smooth, cb, rifled barrel, hidden hand

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

actionjackson posted:

But is it better than

Thunderlord

or

Ruin wake with smooth, cb, rifled barrel, hidden hand

Personal preference, but Silvered Dread archetype is generally favored in PvP because it has the fastest ttk for machine guns.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

qbert posted:

Personal preference, but Silvered Dread archetype is generally favored in PvP because it has the fastest ttk for machine guns.

Ah, didn't realize that. So just like the zombie apocalypse

I guess thunderlord is kind of hard to compare due to it's exotic perk

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
How bad is the range hit on a clever dragon if I use hand laid stock and rangefinder together? I mean I'd rather have a better one but it seems unlikely at this point.

Edit: for the record it seems pretty good. It can shoot down the hallway on pantheon without losing damage and that's about as far as I'd try to shoot a pulse.

I really didn't like the ammo hit on braced frame

FishBulb fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 11, 2016

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016

actionjackson posted:

Lol at people who aren't maining a fusion rifle at all times

i usually use an fr but sidearms are thousands of times cooler by virtue of contrarianism, gently caress the man, etc.

fbsw fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Nov 11, 2016

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Beat the challenge mode with an LFG group, plus one goon. I was empowered mid and had to charge once in the last phase, that's definitely a bit nerve wracking. Not surprisingly I did not get the helmet I needed, so RIP shader. We had a lot of swords though so at least we got him in two phases.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
I got a PB-BracedFrame/HCR/CB-Outlaw Clever Dragon, so I guess I can stop playing.

OdinsBeard fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Nov 11, 2016

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

FishBulb posted:

How bad is the range hit on a clever dragon if I use hand laid stock and rangefinder together? I mean I'd rather have a better one but it seems unlikely at this point.

Edit: for the record it seems pretty good. It can shoot down the hallway on pantheon without losing damage and that's about as far as I'd try to shoot a pulse.

I really didn't like the ammo hit on braced frame

Even without rangefinder I'm finding handlaid stock fine on most maps. I have a bunch of braced frame ones and switch to one on shores of time.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Man this Clever Dragon spam is even more obnoxious than the days of MIDA's supremacy.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

Angry Walrus posted:

Man this Clever Dragon spam is even more obnoxious than the days of MIDA's supremacy.

bad RNG spotted

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Angry Walrus posted:

Embrace it.
And then wait for the archetype to get nerfed right up the rear end.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I made another kewl vid

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Pulled off the Challenge mode on Hard with an LFG group. With all the extra supers, it took two rounds to take him down. In other words, we only used one pillar. It's a bit nerve wracking, but it's just more coordination in an already highly coordinated fight. We mostly wiped to physics bugs like Aksis throwing us into oblivion after slamming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

This games look speed feels really slow after playinf cod for 2 weeks.

• Locked thread