Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Ramadu posted:

The IKs wusses out on that and are letting people get out with a Donation to RAINN. Good for them really. I think most of the NBA guys I see in d&d stick to uspol instead of cspam

Lowtax reversed this by the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That is kind of lovely but I guess people were being whinny about it.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

milk milk lemonade posted:

Hahah of course

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Cabbages smell funny too.

Lockback posted:

He also poo poo on Mark Jackson every chance he got so I'm willing to cut him some slack.

Bogut still hasn't shat on Jackson as many times as Jackson has shat on Bogut.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Smellyhead posted:

Bogut still hasn't shat on Jackson as many times as Jackson has shat on Bogut.

Sigh....you guys with your statistics....

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

straight up brolic posted:

B2B to Denver is basically impossible. Would be a huge win for GSW tbh

That B2B is ridiculous. You land in Denver at like 4 am, and the Denver airport is like 40 miles from downtown.

Between stuff like that and the massive altitude advantage, it's amazing to me that Denver doesn't go 38-3 at home every year.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Dexo posted:

Never Forget.

Obama:“Derrick Rose may have your number.”

Kobe: “If he calls that number, I’ll be sure to pick up after the fifth ring.

lmfao is there a youtube of this exchange

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

also dwyane wade is a 3-point shooter now. strange times

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

this is like a 1 on the 1 to 10 crotchety old man scale tho

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
For the record I think the Toxx clause is dumb and I don't enforce it if I think the person is a worthwhile poster

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Bogut rules and politics chat in SAS drools

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Cabbages smell funny too.
Demar Derozan question, has any guard ever scored this many points in this few games with this few 3 pointers made?
I feel like the fact that he's doing all of this from his "inefficient"mid-range game is the most incredible part of his current run.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Libertine posted:

Bogut rules and politics chat in SAS drools

I wish Bogut played basketball once in a while.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

milk milk lemonade posted:

dude needs the money

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

N:

3 Alphas are back

V:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
McGee was the first big off the bench and looked...defensive? His length gives an extra second for the perpetrators to decide how to score at the rim which seems to be enough to make a difference.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/NeilMDavidson/status/796787266895089664

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCsn5bPSHis
All I need is air and opportunity, the Harrison Barnes star turn

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Gonna belatedly prove all those people who called him the next Kobe when he was 16 right.

Also I learned today that God Shammgod now works for he Mavs as a coach and that makes me extremely happy

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The brandon ingram kd comps were kind of dumb. What he reminds me of is a super thin and much less athletic version of giannis on drives, and his jumper stuff is kind of kevin garnett esque, he doesn't feeeeel like durant

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/796931068226138113

The man was born to coach alphas folks

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
JaVale is BACK

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So what other short armed starting centers are there, because it feels like all short-armed centers play that type of defense where they stick really close to their guy instead of trying to stay in the middle.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Tae posted:

So what other short armed starting centers are there, because it feels like all short-armed centers play that type of defense where they stick really close to their guy instead of trying to stay in the middle.

Cody Zeller?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

The brandon ingram kd comps were kind of dumb. What he reminds me of is a super thin and much less athletic version of giannis on drives, and his jumper stuff is kind of kevin garnett esque, he doesn't feeeeel like durant

Yes comparing anyone to one of the if not the greatest scorer ever is dumb

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Tae posted:

Uh
Greg Monroe
Kelly Olynyk

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

This actually maybe a thing.

Also, if I was Lebron, gently caress playing for Cleveland, bring Ohio a championship and they do this? Or well any black athlete playing in a state that voted for Trump.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Yeah, Durant always looked like he was moving at half speed like he was playing with kids. Everything looked intentional and smooth. Young Durant did look like we was all elbows though, with Ingram certainly has.

MourningView posted:

For the record I think the Toxx clause is dumb and I don't enforce it if I think the person is a worthwhile poster

So in other words you enforce it frequently.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Tae posted:

McGee was the first big off the bench and looked...defensive? His length gives an extra second for the perpetrators to decide how to score at the rim which seems to be enough to make a difference.

hah I never thought about it like that before.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Who has thinner skin Zach Lowe or Coach Nick? 8 games into the season and he is telling us about he was right about Harrison Barnes all along.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Lockback posted:

Yeah, Durant always looked like he was moving at half speed like he was playing with kids. Everything looked intentional and smooth. Young Durant did look like we was all elbows though, with Ingram certainly has.

So in other words you enforce it frequently.

Well, not especially awful then.

I think I've only held someone to it a couple times though, for real. Otherwise whatever, rereg under a new name and behave yourself and I'm not gonna care.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Durant scored 18 points tonight. That ends his streak of 20+ point games:

code:
Player 			First 		Last 		Games
Wilt Chamberlain	1961-10-19	1963-01-19	126
Wilt Chamberlain	1963-02-26	1964-03-18	92
Oscar Robertson		1963-03-13	1964-10-20	82
Connie Hawkins		1967-12-31	1969-03-14	76
Michael Jordan		1987-12-29	1988-12-06	72
Kevin Durant		2015-11-23	2016-11-09	72
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar	1971-11-21	1972-11-08	71
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar	1970-02-06	1971-01-20	70
Michael Jordan		1990-11-24	1991-04-19	69
Just two more points and he would've had the longest streak since the 1960s. Shook once again.

Smellyhead posted:

Demar Derozan question, has any guard ever scored this many points in this few games with this few 3 pointers made?
I feel like the fact that he's doing all of this from his "inefficient"mid-range game is the most incredible part of his current run.

Since 1984 only 1987 Michael Jordan has.

Death By The Blues posted:

Also, if I was Lebron, gently caress playing for Cleveland, bring Ohio a championship and they do this? Or well any black athlete playing in a state that voted for Trump.

James Harden, Kawhi Leonard, Anthony Davis please report to Chicago, IL. Russell Westbrook, LeBron James, Dwight Howard please report to Minneapolis, MN.

Bashez posted:

The Clippers look like the absolute best team in the league. I would have considered last year the first year of the trio being in their prime. People don't seem to realize that you'd prefer one guy too old and the other two just right rather than one guy just right and the other two too young. I'm glad they didn't blow it up because last year they didn't get to show who they were. They're there now and I think they can make some noise. I think CP is the best PG ever and this may be the year he can get that ring to get ring groupies to pay attention to how good he actually is.

They're also right in the RC% sweet spot of ~80% with the right amount of new vs. old player minutes.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Could someone explain RC% please?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

humpthewind posted:

It's your battery life remaining in your RC car controller

E: this reminds me Kibner any rc car updates

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Metapod posted:

Got it. Thanks metapod.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

humpthewind posted:

Roster continuity, how many minutes you get from dudes on your team from last year, I believe.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Bashez posted:

Roster continuity, how many minutes you get from dudes on your team from last year, I believe.

Ah yes thanks. I remember reading that earlier in the thread. I'll continue lurking.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

humpthewind posted:

Roster continuity is the percentage of regular season minutes played by a teams players who were on the roster the previous season. http://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/continuity.cgi

NBA champions usually are around 80%. As an example these six guys were on the 2015 and 2016 Knicks teams:

code:
2016 Knicks
Player		  MP	MP%
Carmelo Anthony	  2530	0.127745519
Cleanthony Early  154	0.007775814
Jose Calderon	  2024	0.102196415
Lance Thomas	  1313	0.06629639
Langston Galloway 2033	0.102650846
Lou Amundson	  204	0.010300429
Team Total	  19805	
MP / Team Total = MP%
The sum of MP% = roster continuity

So you add the MP% together and their roster continuity = 0.416965413

There is also something called roster stability which IMO is generally more accurate in that it takes into account the percentage of minutes the players played the previous season as well. Roster continuity will consider a guy who played 100 minutes one season and then 1,500 minutes the next season as being the same contribution. Roster stability does not. Usually it's not a big issue as players average minutes don't fluctuate wildly but if you have a couple star players miss significant minutes in one season it can be significant.

code:
Player		MP	MP%
2015 Knicks
Carmelo Anthony	  1428	0.07192143
Cleanthony Early  647	0.03258625
Jose Calderon	  1270	0.063963737
Lance Thomas	  1040	0.052379753
Langston Galloway 1457	0.07338202
Lou Amundson	  858	0.043213296
Team Total	  19855	
So you take the sum of MP% for both years and divide by two: (0.416965413 + 0.337446487) / 2 = roster stability of 0.37720595

In this case roster continuity and roster stability are close. 42% and 38%.

Zogo fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Nov 11, 2016

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Metapod posted:

No, but one day I'm going to hire someone to do a custom paint job on the body that is Pelican themed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

leftist heap posted:

Who has thinner skin Zach Lowe or Coach Nick? 8 games into the season and he is telling us about he was right about Harrison Barnes all along.

I think anyone who stayed on the Harrions Barnes will be good bandwagon deserves plaudits. He looked like a loving useless awful player in the last two sets of playoffs.

There's such a difference between being allowed to hold the ball and think about things and having to make split second decisions as the ball swings around

• Locked thread