Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:
Random point of order: This Future Trunks arc is good Dragon Ball. Even if the plot makes no actual sense, bits like whipping out the Mafuba are pretty classic. The previous arcs are kinda filler, especially with the movie recap season being in there.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Actually, if you rewatch the greatest filler episode of all time, you'll see that Piccolo is the greatest driver and will dominate.

Dragon Ball Stars Racing confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The only part that feels like "filler" to me is Frieza coming back since it doesn't really contribute anything to Super's overall narrative. Everything else in the two movie arcs at least sets up Beerus and Whis and their training of Goku and Vegeta for the purposes of Super as a self-contained show, and that all leads into the U6 vs. U7 Tournament, and that the Tournament even happened is what kickstarted the Zamasu arc to even happen at all.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The Frieza arc could have been good if they expanded it a bit, maybe shown Friezas training and the state of his armies. I want to see clips of Friezas empire revolting against the remnants of his army. They also could have expanded Frieza on Earth. let him take over for a while, and have some side characters fight his minions. They could have done a mini-namik arc, have Frieza come back to Earth to get the Dragonballs and wish to be immortal. He is trying to gather them before Goku/Vegita can rush back, and the small frys left on Earth have to defeat Friezas minions as they gather the balls. Don't just rush right to Goku.

But the major problem was the fact that we already knew the ending. No matter how much they added (or improved) people would still just be waiting for it to be over (so we can get to the new content)

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Nov 10, 2016

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Raxivace posted:

The only part that feels like "filler" to me is Frieza coming back since it doesn't really contribute anything to Super's overall narrative. Everything else in the two movie arcs at least sets up Beerus and Whis and their training of Goku and Vegeta for the purposes of Super as a self-contained show, and that all leads into the U6 vs. U7 Tournament, and that the Tournament even happened is what kickstarted the Zamasu arc to even happen at all.

They could just start Universe 6 with some flashbacks to pick up story points. Or we could have learned about the Super Dragon Balls as part of the Future Trunks saga and it wouldn't have made much difference.

Having to recap two movies in show form is at least partially silly.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Still laughing about the the godtube panels.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raxivace posted:

I think Frieza was important to set up some of the weaknesses of the characters later on. Goku's want to fight above all else and his tendency to let down his guard have both been relevant in the next two arcs if only minorly so it may be something they're building up to.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Frieza probably came back since he's far and away the most popular dbz villain and toei and toriyama like money.

It's a pretty solid arc, but I think the tournament arc is far better. It really expands the scope of dbz.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Frieza's return was a great story for a movie, but a kind of underwhelming one for the pacing of the tv show

Luckily the tournament and Zamasu arcs have made up for it

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
That chapter made me want to see more of Supreme Kai and Beerus interacting. They've got potential.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I think Zamasu is one of the better DB villains. I mean granted his whole "NINGEN!":argh: is deliciously hammy, but it goes along with his narcissistic self absorbed personality. The fact that he is also a complete monster who gleefuly rubs in his murder of Chichi and Goten, delivers a The Reason You Suck/Breaking Speech to Trunks, and has basically already won (bar intervention of the Super Dragon Balls from Goku's timeline) make him stand out as a far greater threat than Freeza, Cell or Majin Buu ever were.

Also this loving guy

Nice loving job Gowasu!

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Nov 10, 2016

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

lezard_valeth posted:

Also this loving guy

Nice loving job Gowasu!

I've not been in elementary school in nearly 20 years, what's this a reference to?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lezard_valeth posted:

and has basically already won (bar intervention of the Super Dragon Balls from Goku's timeline) make him stand out as a far greater threat than Freeza, Cell or Majin Buu ever were.

Ok I take it back, Zamasu isn't Sephiroth. Super Zamasu is clearly Kefka:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgcbShn9x8g&t=915s

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It's gonna be really sad when the english dub comes out and Zamasu is just saying "mortals" instead of "Ningen"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zamasu works I think because he has a lot of personality and is just smug enough to be annoying but has just enough of a humor element to him that it doesn't get tedious. The interplay between Black and Zamasu is also really fun and leads to a pretty distinct combat style. Fused Zamasu is a little more boring but is effectively an act of god made into a fighter and won't be around much.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

lezard_valeth posted:

Also this loving guy

Nice loving job Gowasu!
Don't insult my homie Gowasu, he's doing his best.

He needs to be added to the poll.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

ImpAtom posted:

Zamasu works I think because he has a lot of personality and is just smug enough to be annoying but has just enough of a humor element to him that it doesn't get tedious. The interplay between Black and Zamasu is also really fun and leads to a pretty distinct combat style. Fused Zamasu is a little more boring but is effectively an act of god made into a fighter and won't be around much.

yeah Zamasu has some echos of Perfect Cell (and some of Super Buu) and why he was fun, though the two of them are still pretty different

those two are probably the most enjoyable DBZ villains in terms of dialogue and stuff. Frieza is forever the most iconic though

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I've not been in elementary school in nearly 20 years, what's this a reference to?

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/muh

It's supposed to be ZaMUHsu, but whoever made that image hosed up

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think what I like best about Zamasu is what his motivation clearly really is.

The whole hating mortals thing is part of it, yeah, but what really flips his vindictive switch and has him set his sights on ruining Goku in particular is simple:

He's realized that he's not special

Imagine how many years (centuries? millenia?) of his life have been filled with people blowing smoke up his rear end, talking about what a prodigy he must be, how he'll be the next Kaioshin, and then he finds out that some rando mortal not only surpasses him but all but the highest echelons of the celestial order. He was born for this but Goku earned it.The entire system that fuels his ego is completely wrong, and he can't deal with that. They need to be punished. They need to learn their place.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hah poo poo youre right. But did zamasu train, because i seem to remeber that he did yes.

This also opens up the fact that there are so many people who could be massively strong (er than goku) only if they tried. Like if zamasu made an actual attempt rather than just relying on bullshit inherent power he doesnt actually understand then hed be actually unstoppable.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To be fair that is also Vegeta motivation.

It's actually quite common.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It's a bit silly to lump Goku into the hard work over genetics category when he's the son of the legendary Super Saiyan and his species comes with all kinds of unfair combat powers and boosts.

His power is 99% luck and circumstance (found as a baby by a martial arts master, brain damage killed the parts of his brain that might care about anything other than fighting and training to fight...)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

sassassin posted:

It's a bit silly to lump Goku into the hard work over genetics category when he's the son of the legendary Super Saiyan and his species comes with all kinds of unfair combat powers and boosts.

His power is 99% luck and circumstance (found as a baby by a martial arts master, brain damage killed the parts of his brain that might care about anything other than fighting and training to fight...)

1. basically gently caress episode of bardock

2. I believe you'll find its 10% luck 20% skill 15% concentrated power of will

3. even so zamasu definitely wouldn't see it that way

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Hah poo poo youre right. But did zamasu train, because i seem to remeber that he did yes.

maybe but people keep saying "genius" and "prodigy" in reference to him and that's generally DB talk for "just naturally super good"

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

He definitely trained, but I feel like that would only make it worse? This filthy monkey ningen walks up and is like "Your godhood? Big deal. All your hard work? That's nothing, my hair turns blue, bitch"

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Spiderdrake posted:

He definitely trained, but I feel like that would only make it worse? This filthy monkey ningen walks up and is like "Your godhood? Big deal. All your hard work? That's nothing, my hair turns blue, bitch"

i feel like that's basically what Vegeta said to Black while he was beating the hell out of him

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the legendary super saiyan is broly

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Aurora posted:

the legendary super saiyan is broly

I wish cell had had Broly's cells, he coulda got some stuff done.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Spiderdrake posted:

I'm really glad that someone finally realized how utterly bullshit the saiyan powerset is and took advantage of it. you go, zamasu

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'm really glad that someone finally realized how utterly bullshit the saiyan powerset is and took advantage of it. you go, zamasu

If Zamau had done his homework he would wished to steal a Frieza body. Way more power per effort training. Or Hit, I mean jeez was he even watching God Tube? Hit 5X his own power in the middle of a match!

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Nov 11, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if he was really smart, he would have taken other zamasu's advice and wished for an immortal body, then beat the poo poo out of him self over and over again like it's that snes dbz game and got infinitely stronger

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Manatee Cannon posted:

if he was really smart, he would have taken other zamasu's advice and wished for an immortal body, then beat the poo poo out of him self over and over again like it's that snes dbz game and got infinitely stronger

poo poo if he was smart, he would have wished to switch bodies with ZEN'O instead of Goku. Probably Super Shenron wouldn't have been able to grant that wish, but hey, it would have been worth a shot.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lezard_valeth posted:

poo poo if he was smart, he would have wished to switch bodies with ZEN'O instead of Goku. Probably Super Shenron wouldn't have been able to grant that wish, but hey, it would have been worth a shot.

If he was double plus extra smart he would have wished to switch bodies with Super Shenron

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Rutibex posted:

If he was double plus extra smart he would have wished to switch bodies with Super Shenron

What if it turned out like the end of Aladdin? Or it might have been a sequel, IDR that well. Where Jaffar or w.e his name is turns into a genie and gets sucked back into his lamp?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Another thing I like about Zamasu is that his dialogue is narcissistic and arrogant to a degree that even Freeza and Perfect Cell never really got close to. When Goku says a stock shounen line like 'I'm your opponent, not them!', Zamasu instantly flies off the handle and rants about how filthy ningens have no right to order gods around. When he becomes merged Zamasu one of his lines is that he's floating up there because it is right and proper that a god literally gets to look down on ningens.

It's really entertaining.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Rutibex posted:

If Zamau had done his homework he would wished to steal a Frieza body. Way more power per effort training. Or Hit, I mean jeez was he even watching God Tube? Hit 5X his own power in the middle of a match!

Hit was just getting better with his time skip technique though, not literally getting stronger, so that probably would've been a bad choice.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wonder if future DBZ games will have Zamasu steal different bodies the way Ginyu did. I want to see Vegeta Black. Or Krillin Black.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Xenoverse 3 where it's Vegeta who went with Beerus, or Ultimate Gohan or something

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

ImpAtom posted:

I wonder if future DBZ games will have Zamasu steal different bodies the way Ginyu did. I want to see Vegeta Black. Or Krillin Black.

Ginyu is more pragmatic in trying to just grab whoever's strong. Zamasu did it specifically of his incredible butthurt towards Goku. Otherwise he could have just wished for his strength to grow exponentially forever or something.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

Ginyu is more pragmatic in trying to just grab whoever's strong. Zamasu did it specifically of his incredible butthurt towards Goku. Otherwise he could have just wished for his strength to grow exponentially forever or something.

True but I still want to see them come up with an excuse to have other characters screaming about Ningen.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Aurora posted:

Xenoverse 3 where it's Vegeta who went with Beerus, or Ultimate Gohan or something

I want evil nerd gohan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Bulma Black would be the most dangerous character in the series

• Locked thread