Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Vertical Lime posted:

another night, another round of protests

how long until they stop

hopefully never protests cost government a reasonable amount of money so it puts pressure on everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

lol liberals buying guns????? Now ive seen everything!!!!
liberalism is fuckin dead

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

comingafteryouall posted:

Yeah, when I thought about I really can't come up with a single issue that the Democrats will end up siding with Trump on.

He'll push for some stuff that he promised, but it's blindingly obvious any problems will get the Heritage Foundation solution, not the Democrat solution.

He won't do anything for the rural people that voted him in beyond doing his trade negotiations and tariffs. that will probably end up hurting them.

Rebuilding/repairing our country's infrastructure. That's my dream scenario..he just focuses on that poo poo for a really long god drat time.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Epic High Five posted:

poo poo's like a fuckin grand+, I was planning on just getting an unsexy but functional hunting rifle and cheapo shotgun for home defense.

Yeah they are pretty drat expensive. I paid $350 for a lever action .30-30 that holds almost the same number of rounds in the same .30 cal. Less range but I live in TN where all hunting is done in the woods at distances of 150 yards max.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I want Ellison as chair with Dean advising with strategy only, not policy

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

pro-tip: you can get surplus Soviet firearms like an SKS or an old mosin for way cheaper than an M1. You'll need to clean the poo poo out of them cause they've been sitting in cosmoline for decades, but they'll do you just as well as an M1, but tbh neither the mosin or the M1 are really optimal for any kind of defense.

full disclosure: I don't know how much SKSes cost anymore. They used to be stupid cheap, but I think I remember hearing that they're hard to find now.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

scratch the shotgun for home defense

im getting a baseball bat covered in snakes and machetes

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

personal armament ain't going to mean poo poo after they've purged the government and military leadership of dissent

the only way to stop fascism is preemptive violence

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

NecroMonster posted:

personal armament ain't going to mean poo poo after they've purged the government and military leadership of dissent

lol im talking about walking into the woods and disappearing homie

if the military is on Trump's side then he has already won, best to just MOVE BITCH, GET OUT DA WAY as I intend my gun to frequently remind me

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

NecroMonster posted:

Jesus people, at least wait until congress utilizes the nuclear option before you start freaking out. Any of the truly insane poo poo can still be filibustered. They don't have a supermajority.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Serf posted:

Evil will always win because Good is dumb

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Epic High Five posted:

scratch the shotgun for home defense

im getting a baseball bat covered in snakes and machetes

Just build a moat and fill it with piranhas and broken beer bottles.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

pro-tip: you can get surplus Soviet firearms like an SKS or an old mosin for way cheaper than an M1. You'll need to clean the poo poo out of them cause they've been sitting in cosmoline for decades, but they'll do you just as well as an M1, but tbh neither the mosin or the M1 are really optimal for any kind of defense.

full disclosure: I don't know how much SKSes cost anymore. They used to be stupid cheap, but I think I remember hearing that they're hard to find now.

i once had someone offer me an sks for a 1/4 ounce of pot

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
jesus christ stop whining about "oh actually the problem with personal defense is..." and just buy a fuckin mosin and learn how to shoot for once in your life goddamn

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Trash Trick posted:

Jesus people, at least wait until congress extinguishes the nuclear option before you start freaking out. Any of the truly insane poo poo can still be filibustered. They don't have a supermajority.

how do you filibuster someone lining you up against a wall and shooting you?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Wikkheiser posted:

jesus christ stop whining about "oh actually the problem with personal defense is..." and just buy a fuckin mosin and learn how to shoot for once in your life goddamn

and then, after that, build the nuclear missile armed mech. but first learn to shoot and basic stealth combat action. revolvers are good. :ocelot:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Doorknob Slobber posted:

i once had someone offer me an sks for a 1/4 ounce of pot

I'm not surprised, they used to be dirt cheap. I think I paid like :tenbux: for my mosin and a case of completely defective ammo when I got it.

I've since gotten rid of it, but honestly all this has me thinking about picking up another firearm of some sort. Real :tinfoil: feeling lately.

french lies
Apr 16, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

the republican party just won an election, in sweeping manner, on a basis of lies and fascist rhetoric

why the gently caress aren't people god damned arming themselves, they aren't going to suddenly decide against fascism now that they've won?

they can't give the people who voted for them what they promised, not to any real extent, they have no prospect of keeping power going forward, they don't even half Obama's popularity to carry them to a second term. is everyone just loving assuming they are going to drop the fascist poo poo and lose their power without a fight?
Yes, calling impotently for an armed uprising against the most powerful military force on earth. Clearly what we should be doing instead of actually doing the hard work of getting people to vote and bringing people you like into power.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Cephalocidal posted:

If you're crossing that bridge get a good revolver and learn how to maintain it. I've fired only a few guns in my life, but revolvers are the best. The bullet will go where you expect it to, and there's no slide to jam.

I'm most opposed to handguns. I prefer my guns nice and big and very visible so you know what to expect

that said, yes a revolver would be your best bet if you're gonna go with a pistol

shotguns are absurdly cheap and you can buy them at wal-mart, and they'll do the job and then some if you're just looking for home defense

with the republicans in power again, there's gonna be a lot more chances to arm yourself

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I figure I can last for awhile on whatever I can bring down with my poisoned snake machete bat to supplement my UHAUL full of peanut butter

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

Like 5 hundy for a yugo.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

french lies posted:

Yes, calling impotently for an armed uprising against the most powerful military force on earth. Clearly what we should be doing instead of actually doing the hard work of getting people to vote and bringing people you like into power.

if they're visible minorities used in Trump's rhetoric its pretty understandable

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

"Filibuster!" they gurgle as the water runs through the cloth and into their nasal cavity

"Filibuster" they scream as the electrodes singe the hair and skin from their testicles

"Filibuster" they weep, on their knees, as the metallic certainty of a round being chambered calls out death from behind them

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

I still think it's a bad idea to arm up, escalation is bullshit. If poo poo gets worse though yeah, consider it if you can stomach it. At the very least though, if you're worried then get some range time and familiarize yourself with actually using a firearm or two. Good ranges have guns you can rent, and in most cases the people running them will be friendly. They love guns way more than they hate anything else and will be happy to teach you, even if you're not white.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
People need to cut out the revolution power fantasies and work to help rebuild the shattered left here. poo poo is scary and hosed up but this kind of talk doesn't accomplish anything.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Epic High Five posted:

I figure I can last for awhile on whatever I can bring down with my poisoned snake machete bat to supplement my UHAUL full of peanut butter

just lol @ not hunting men for sport and meat.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Plinkey posted:

Like 5 hundy for a yugo.

:trumppop:

Wow, I guess it's been a while since I bothered to look up gun prices.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

NecroMonster posted:

how do you filibuster someone lining you up against a wall and shooting you?

growing thicker skin nerd come on drat

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

KiteAuraan posted:

just lol @ not hunting men for sport and meat.

Kuru man

don't want to end up like Guiliani

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

please stop corn subsidies

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I'm going to take that gun money and buy a cute dog instead, at least that will bring me more happiness before we get nuked

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Phi230 posted:

growing thicker skin nerd come on drat

I'll just hop into my time machine and tell the people hitler and the nazi's killed that

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

change my name posted:

I'm going to take that gun money and buy a cute dog instead, at least that will bring me more happiness before we get nuked

get an aussie, they are peak cute

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Holy poo poo this thread lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I thought basic hunting rifles were like $100 or so what the gently caress

Thanks, Obama

Serf
May 5, 2011

I'm not advocating for violence, just preparedness

words are fine and good and that's how this has gotta be done

but if someone decides to make a victim outta you especially in Trump's America, you ought to be able to defend yourself against these emboldened motherfuckers

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Cephalocidal posted:

I still think it's a bad idea to arm up, escalation is bullshit.

there are also fire arm safety classes you can take in places very good idea i think buying a gun is dumb because even if a revolution were a thing you better hope its the military shooting at eachother because if the military is only shooting at you then you're hosed no matter how much 2nd amendment you have

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Nov 11, 2016

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

:trumppop:

Wow, I guess it's been a while since I bothered to look up gun prices.

Yeah, it's gotten absurd in the last few years, a hex mosin 91/30 is like 280 now.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Epic High Five posted:

Kuru man

don't want to end up like Guiliani

big wet rear end with fava beans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

french lies posted:

nope because tech nerds with pink hair is going to fight against the strongest military in the world.

• Locked thread