Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Hooray! Now we have to wait 8 months....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Holy poo poo, isn't that rather fast? Or are there a hundred untranslated chapters of that

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh hell yes.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

FourLeaf posted:

Hooray! Now we have to wait 8 months....

Welp, at least more josei will be localized overseas.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

That might be the best Kaguya face yet!! I also like that, at least on some level, the two of them seem to be almost aware of their "conflict" and how kind of silly it is.

I know they don't do it because it would end the current state of affairs, but couldn't he just ask her out in a way that doesn't seem like begging, or that makes it so that if she acts like a jerk that she essentially makes herself look bad, or even just make it so that she has to confess basically simultaneously to get what she wants.

It would just be nice to see a parody one-shot set in the beginning that basically does this and heads the rest of the manga off at the pass. In fact, it would be fun to see a manga that looks like its gonna be a long affair to just have someone confess just to have it happen suddenly and straightforwardly. Are there any like that?

Situations where manga tropes just get shut down sounds interesting, even as just a change of pace for a little bit before back to business.

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Oct 29, 2016

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

thechosenone posted:

I know they don't do it because it would end the current state of affairs, but couldn't he just ask her out in a way that doesn't seem like begging, or that makes it so that if she acts like a jerk that she essentially makes herself look bad, or even just make it so that she has to confess basically simultaneously to get what she wants.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Nate RFB posted:

That might be the best Kaguya face yet!! I also like that, at least on some level, the two of them seem to be almost aware of their "conflict" and how kind of silly it is.

They've been like that from the start. A lot of their dumb plans assume the other one is trying to do something similar. They're both just too insecure to self-reflect on that.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Agronox posted:

"How cute."

Yeah, I can see that running through his mind.

I mean if he could just manage to ask her out (in way that is in no uncertain terms romantic) in a happy and friendly manner, like if he were just planning a night out with a normal friend, it would allow him to control the atmosphere so that such a way of acting by her would appear awkward and uncharismatic. Therein making her just give a normal answer lest she appear bizarrely smug.

or he could just bait her into doing that in a way that still gives him enough plausible deniability to then actually ask her out, as if her mentioning that just gave him the idea, taking away her ability to act as if he is being desperate since the idea would be that he just thought of it.

Even thinking deeper into their mind games, I figure he could let her do her little gotcha, and then when shes all "well I [i]suppose[i/] I can do that" he can just be "Oh well don't force yourself now, if you don't [i]want[i/] to go out with me, its no big deal and all.", making them going out with each other contingent on her admitting that she wants to go out with him.

The more I think about ways to bypass it, the more I remember that he is an awkward nerd in love with an awkward nerd.

I guess Caring about one another is part of what makes up true Love. The main characters understand this in part, but cling too strongly to their notions of victory, and thus fall short of ultimate sovereignty in the battlefield that is high-school romance.

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Oct 29, 2016

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Pointless and nonsensical ramblings aside, I really hope this whole mindgames thing gets a final Chaos Dunk at the end when they both simultaneously decide mindgames suck and they would rather just tell each other how they feel.

I guess I just wish they wouldn't drag this issue through the whole series and just move on to other ways to rehash things. I can't believe they couldn't find other ways to continue.

Either one could instantly win if they just were earnest enough.

Sorry to bother everyone with my inane drivel. :smith:

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Oct 29, 2016

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
*decides to bother everyone anyway* Though if she really did do that I think she would regret it. If it set the tone for their relationship, I could imagine it sort of souring their every interaction from then on.

Edit: actually they could totally have that be the endgame, where he caves and she gets to be smug, but then she finally realizes how bad of an inferiority complex he has and how much her doing that hurt and feels really bad about it, and has to confess she was just too scared to confess first.

In fact I could see where this sort of 'making your crush beg to go out with you' thing would almost always backfire against anyone with respect and/or confidence in themselves. They might be confused for a moment or two, but after that, they would probably say 'no' after assuming she was actually a jerk, and just walk off. Leaving her seeming impotent, and with no one but herself to talk about it with.

It'd probably eat her alive.

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 29, 2016

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

thechosenone posted:

Even thinking deeper into their mind games, I figure he could let her do her little gotcha, and then when shes all "well I [i]suppose[i/] I can do that" he can just be "Oh well don't force yourself now, if you don't [i]want[i/] to go out with me, its no big deal and all.", making them going out with each other contingent on her admitting that she wants to go out with him.

They sort of get into this with the pulse-quickening movie date chapter.

But really, you can't overthink it. ("It seems impossible this guy could be so strong from just pushups, sit-ups, and 10k runs!") Just have to go with the premise that these two never want to be the first to admit their love. Enjoy the shenanigans!

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Yeah I was doing a real weird combination of overthinking about how to resolve this hypothetically, and under thinking the fact that this is the premise of the manga. If i'm to do this, I should at least think in the confines that they are not going to just get the gumption to get past this just like that. Thanks guys.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I for one would love to see them start dating somehow and just carry on their weird hilarious dominance mind games into the context of a relationship. Final chapter flash forward to them trying to trick each other into being the first to bring up marriage/kids.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
PS just read chapter 3 again and yeah their both dinguses. Kaguya is really good at bullshit trivia though, gotta hand it to her.

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Oct 29, 2016

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

New Machida-kun! It's a festival chapter, and a perfect, feel-good way to start your morning right.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Gnossiennes posted:

New Machida-kun! It's a festival chapter, and a perfect, feel-good way to start your morning right.

http://bato.to/reader#838041c0d4c08105_1

One tiny little thing I really like is that there's almost no punctuation. It makes the words so floaty and nice.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

In the latest chapter of Tamen de Gushi/Their Story, ooooh.

http://yaoi-blcd.tumblr.com/post/152586646540/update-from-tan-jiu-translated-by-yaoi-blcd-if

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh cool a character I actually care about appeared for a second

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm not even sure I get what this basketball fight is supposed to be about, anyway.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

I'm not even sure I get what this basketball fight is supposed to be about, anyway.

Start reading from here

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Tamen-De-Gushi/Ch-068-Read-Online?id=235554

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Nate RFB posted:

- The guys who go to Qui Tong's school were hustled for money by some guys who go to Sun Jing's school through making a bet on basketball, but they won;
- They went to Sun Jing's school to get the money from the losers, but were "caught" by Huge Sempai and to distract him they kicked his basketball away;
- The basketball broke a window, injuring Sun Jing;
- Later on, Huge Sempai met the two guys by chance while having dinner. They explained the situation and the conversation went basically "it's your underclassmen who should apologize", he replied with "but the ball you kicked injured someone, YOU should apologize" "no you" "no you" "no you" "FINE let's settle this with a basketball match, the loser will apologize."

In short: teenagers :allears:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
:siren: Hidamari ga Kikoeru has a third volume :siren:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Short Bloom Into You extra chapter.

:yeah: but also :3: and :smith: sayaka

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Motto posted:

Short Bloom Into You extra chapter.

:yeah: but also :3: and :smith: sayaka

Sayaka just proved she's got a good head on her shoulders, she's gonna be fine even if her crush ends in heartbreak (it totally will)

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
~Sempai please :dunkedon:~

One thing I noticed in the previous chapter is that Yuu actually had plenty of time to rest before going into the supply shed with Nanami, but is visibly sweating when she is trying to sum up the courage to kiss Nanami. It shows she really is into her, she just has no idea how love is supposed to feel like/has been hoodwinked by shoujo manga to think it should be something else.

This whole thing will probably resolve by Nanami and Yuu realizing that they have basically been in a relationship for a while now, and that their preconceptions of what would happen when they entered into a relationship were, in fact, false. Then a stealth diabetes happens, again.

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Nov 5, 2016

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The current conflict in Yona is pretty great, lots of shades of grey compared to "literally kidnapping/enslaving/getting people addicted to drugs" of the previous couple of arcs.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
New Kaguya is great.

After the rest of tonight I really needed this.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
I want all of the fluffiest romance oneshots or short series ASAP. I'm not even in the country right now, but it still hurts :(

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://bato.to/search?genres=;i6;e44;i35;i38;e10;e5;e36;e12;e27;i31;e22;e28;e33;e1&genre_cond=or&rating_low=4.00&completed=c&type=jp

http://bato.to/group/_/y/yuri-project-r1556

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
GIVE ME THE FLUFFIEST, WAFFIEST, SHOUJOIEST YOU'VE GOT.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Bless you. It's 9:30 in the morning and all the bars in Copenhagen closed at 8AM, so this is my alternative :v:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Have some Magan & Danai, in which they are a pair of idiots :allears:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Baron Snow posted:

Kami-sama Gakuen @ Armeria is probably the dumbest fluffy shoujo thing I've ever read. I can't stop reading it for some reason, and I can't bring myself to describe it, so I'm copy-pasting from Batoto here: "Yanagawa Rokuhana is a student from Armeria - a school where only 30 students are attending. Little did Yanagawa realized that she was actually the chosen one by God to protect the world from the almighty, God of the Death."

If anyone feels this way and didn't click this link the last time I posted it, it's still the best/worst I got.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Baron Snow posted:

If anyone feels this way and didn't click this link the last time I posted it, it's still the best/worst I got.

I'm down with this. It really shines in the BAKING ARC!

pandabear
Apr 27, 2006
This is the best reverse harem shoujo manga about dead classical musicians ever. Let it cleanse your soul: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Classi9

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

pandabear posted:

This is the best reverse harem shoujo manga about dead classical musicians ever. Let it cleanse your soul: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Classi9

Does Liszt have a lot of fangirls like he did in real life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
There was also Papa Haydn as everyone's mentor and Paganini who made all the ladies swoon. Are they in this?

Edit: I'm dumb, Paganini wasn't a composer. Haydn's in it though! As a kid?

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Nov 11, 2016