Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

DeusExMachinima posted:

If you guys haven't checked the leper colony yet, do so now.

Holy gently caress, that's a lot of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

TheMaskedUgly posted:

Same reason you go to the polls and deliberately spoil your ballot. Dissatisfaction with the system, but acknowledgement of the civic duty of voting.

If you deliberately spoil your vote, you're not voting. So you're just wasting your own time. Good job though.

fuckin breeders man
Mar 21, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

ELEVEN loving THOUSAND SHITHEADS voted for THAT GODDAMN STUPID GORILLA HARAMBE and I swear to god it makes my blood boil. Why the gently caress go to all the effort to actually go to the polls, then?

Because marijuana was on the ballot.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Which reminds me: depending on how Trump is feeling, those votes to legalize it on the state level might mean jack poo poo for as long as it's federally illegal.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Regalingualius posted:

Which reminds me: depending on how Trump is feeling, those votes to legalize it on the state level might mean jack poo poo for as long as it's federally illegal.

If the state is really determined they can make it pretty hard to the federal police to conduct major actions. Doing raids and whatnot is great but handling logistics in a hostile/unhelpful environment would be hard.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Regalingualius posted:

It's not like Obama's attorney general was interested in decriminalizing Marijuana until *checks imaginary watch on wrist* February of this year? :effort:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Outrail posted:

If the state is really determined they can make it pretty hard to the federal police to conduct major actions. Doing raids and whatnot is great but handling logistics in a hostile/unhelpful environment would be hard.

If the states try that, the Feds can say to the local cops "No more surplus armored vehicles and automatic weapons for you." Plus not being able to do business with banks (because the source of your income is a violation of Federal law) puts a damper on things.

A Trump presidency will be good in some ways (TPP is already dead, we're not going to war with Russia, Trudeau has already expressed willingness to renegotiate NAFTA),but there's no way it's good for legal pot. Especially not if Rudy "Freedom is about respecting authority" Giuliani gets the AG nod.

Phanatic has a new favorite as of 02:38 on Nov 11, 2016

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

it's also probably bad for all those minorities and lgbt people

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Regalingualius posted:

The feds don't have jurisdiction unless it's an interstate issue or the locals call them in, actually, barring exceptions like California (where they gave the feds free reign).

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Aerdan posted:

The feds don't have jurisdiction unless it's an interstate issue or the locals call them in, actually, barring exceptions like California (where they gave the feds free reign).

No. Marijuana use/possession is a Federal crime under the CSA. They have no jurisdiction to enforce state laws but they sure as hell do to enforce a Federal law. If they wanted to they could be raiding every single dispensary in Colorado right now.

For some reason Prohibition needed a Constitutional amendment but the CSA didn't. Probably because they hadn't yet figured out they can justify literally anything under the commerce clause. Maybe now that a Republican is President again people will start worrying about the Feds overreaching their constitutionally-enumerated powers. And monkeys might fly out of my butt.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Phanatic posted:

No. Marijuana use/possession is a Federal crime under the CSA. They have no jurisdiction to enforce state laws but they sure as hell do to enforce a Federal law. If they wanted to they could be raiding every single dispensary in Colorado right now.

For some reason Prohibition needed a Constitutional amendment but the CSA didn't. Probably because they hadn't yet figured out they can justify literally anything under the commerce clause. Maybe now that a Republican is President again people will start worrying about the Feds overreaching their constitutionally-enumerated powers. And monkeys might fly out of my butt.

I thought the Republicans were all about limited federal government and states rights.

Why is everyone laughing? Did I say something funny?

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
What the gently caress is happening in this thread? I'm looking for idiots getting arrested or falling over, not a bunch of loving college kids arguing over politics. Go to every other place on the internet to whine or gloat or whatever you're doing.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Phanatic posted:

Even under the CSA, the DEA is still not entitled to sweep unilaterally into state or local affairs.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Ariza posted:

What the gently caress is happening in this thread? I'm looking for idiots getting arrested or falling over, not a bunch of loving college kids arguing over politics. Go to every other place on the internet to whine or gloat or whatever you're doing.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Ariza posted:

Apparently everyone unfollowed them on their Facebook.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Ariza posted:

please

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DeusExMachinima posted:

If you guys haven't checked the leper colony yet, do so now.

So the schadenfreude is on FactsAreUseless, since mods don't get paid, right?

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Ariza posted:

Is your CB radio broken, Gramps?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
https://twitter.com/RobPulseNews/status/795373872451305472

Ariza posted:

Be the change you want to see, instead of being yet another example of a whiny child.

"Waaaaahhh.... I want content", he cries, while not actually providing any.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Ariza posted:

We're in loving mourning. We're allowed to derail.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Krispy Kareem posted:

Don't you have a thousand better outlets than a thread in a comedy forum on the internet for watching people eat glass and jump on cacti and other dumb poo poo? I'm not whining about baseball or Russia in your video game or anime threads.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Ariza posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q07JH4K7_D0

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

This reminds me of those football highlights where the runningback breaks tackles and stiff arms people all the way down the field on a kick return

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

http://i.imgur.com/V730YGM.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/U4Hm0B9.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/JTTsItM.gifv

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Have some Schadenfreude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U10yKDDvIdc

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzngromlLtI

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Malachite_Dragon posted:

ELEVEN loving THOUSAND SHITHEADS voted for THAT GODDAMN STUPID GORILLA HARAMBE and I swear to god it makes my blood boil. Why the gently caress go to all the effort to actually go to the polls, then?

Because people told them they don't care who they vote for, as long as they vote. Which I completely agree with.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

belt posted:

Because people told them they don't care who they vote for, as long as they vote. Which I completely agree with.

Blank votes only make sense (kinda) in a parliamentary democracy, if you figure a vote for democracy is as good as a vote for any of the running parties (because they will all get proportianal influence according to votes). It does not work in first past the post. I live in a parliamentary democracy and I prefer to vote more left than I really am, just to get some more leftists into the govt.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

canyoneer posted:

This reminds me of those football highlights where the runningback breaks tackles and stiff arms people all the way down the field on a kick return

It's basically snake rugby.

Completely unrelated, but can you patent a sport? Asking for a friend.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

funmanguy posted:

Of course! Just look at Street Fighter Alpha 2 and Magic the Gathering.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Ariza posted:

Krispy Kareem posted:

I'll give this thread a few days to get the politics out of everyone's system, but it will soon go back to no politics in PYF. There is a line though on what is schadenfreude and what isn't, so don't be a piece of poo poo.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

funmanguy posted:

You can't patent game rules themselves, but you can trademark the look & feel of the game, and copyright the flavortext & the actual text of the rules.

So basically anybody can come along and copy your snake rugby, just calling it Snek Rugby or something and it takes place in another part of the world and uses different snakes.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Who said anything about patoning snake rugby. Let's not make correlations where none exist. *furiously hides hundreds of sketches of snakes in football helmets*

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

canyoneer posted:

:D It came up in a GameDay Thread in the Football Funhouse. Good catch.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

funmanguy posted:

Who said anything about patoning snake rugby. Let's not make correlations where none exist. *furiously hides hundreds of sketches of snakes in football helmets*

You just gotta make the flavor big enough my man. Like there's a bunch of Monopoly copies, same rules, different flavour. Nobody gives a poo poo about them though.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

funmanguy posted:

"patoning"? really?

the schadenfreude is coming from within the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Noctone posted:

"patoning"? really?

the schadenfreude is coming from within the thread

Really? It's when you slap a soldier who is suffering from ptsd.