Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

aricoarena posted:

I have thought that maybe we can at least get a really good NOFX album out of all this.

Only if you have a time machine, sadly

Teemu Pokemon posted:

u guys ready for fat wreck to make rock against trump???

The Rock against Bush albums were pretty sweet compilations tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.
FatWreck is doing a round 2 of the not my president shirts. I forgot my friend had the Bush one in high school

https://www.fatwreck.com/news/detail/1034

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Kelp Me! posted:

Only if you have a time machine, sadly

To go back one month? Because their latest album is amazing.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I'll have to check it out, then. Coaster was meh and I barely even remember Self-Entitled.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

rear end Catchcum posted:

Also check out their side project I will edit when I remember the name haha.

Are you talking about The Stereo? It had Rory from The Impossibles, and Jamie from Animal Chin, wasn't ska though. Only the first album had Rory, then The Impossibles got back together, so he did that. The Impossibles are fantastic, and there shows are still like top 5 ska shows for me all time and it's been at least 10 years since I've seen them.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Sorry I meant Slowreader. Not ska either but really great album.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat

Bird in a Blender posted:

Are you talking about The Stereo? It had Rory from The Impossibles, and Jamie from Animal Chin, wasn't ska though. Only the first album had Rory, then The Impossibles got back together, so he did that. The Impossibles are fantastic, and there shows are still like top 5 ska shows for me all time and it's been at least 10 years since I've seen them.

I got teary eyed seeing them in Austin a few years ago for the reunion show and they came out with "Hi, we're the Impossibles from Austin, Texas!"

Unrelated: Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution came on while driving the other day and I laughed a lot.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I'm sure 99SOR Vol. 2 will be out any day now and Tomas can cover another one of his own songs

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

lessthankyle posted:

Unrelated: Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution came on while driving the other day and I laughed a lot.

Where was this?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I'm sure 99SOR Vol. 2 will be out any day now and Tomas can cover another one of his own songs

joke's on you he already did that with Hands That Thieve/Hand That Thieves and all the Toh Kay stuff

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Say what you will, but I'm excited for Dear Sergio: Volume 5

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Where was this?

It was just on my phone and buried away.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

lessthankyle posted:

It was just on my phone and buried away.

:(

I though you found the ska radio channel

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

89.5 WSOU in NJ does a ska night at least once a week (it's 99% metal the rest of the time tho \m/ \m/)

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Whatever happened to the supposed recording of BTMI's last show that Jeff was gunna release? It's been like two or three years since that show, where the gently caress is the video of it.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I personally ate the master tape of it. It's gone forever.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Seeing Streetlight this weekend. Can't remember if people smoke weed at their shows.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Fun Times! posted:

Seeing Streetlight this weekend. Can't remember if people smoke weed at their shows.

Report back if Tom found a different hat and/or shirt to wear for this tour

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Fun Times! posted:

People smoke weed everywhere

edit: if the answer is no, be the change you wish to see in the world

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

CodfishCartographer posted:

Whatever happened to the supposed recording of BTMI's last show that Jeff was gunna release? It's been like two or three years since that show, where the gently caress is the video of it.

From his AMA on reddit:

quote:

I gotta dig through it all still. It's pretty much done, just not separated and tagged. I was going to do it right after the shows, but I went on a real productive creative tear with Chris Farren/Antarctigo Vespucci/Back To The Island and my solo record, and then producing the Smith Street record and then time got away from me. Now when I listen to it, it makes me very emotional and it's kind of hard to get it all ready. I'm gonna do it though. Don't worry.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Kelp Me! posted:

89.5 WSOU in NJ does a ska night at least once a week (it's 99% metal the rest of the time tho \m/ \m/)

There used to be (still might be? Doubtful) a ska show on Hofstra radio

Kelp Me! posted:

joke's on you he already did that with Hands That Thieve/Hand That Thieves and all the Toh Kay stuff

still hasn't done a streetlight version of it's a wonderful life so

Fateo McMurray posted:

I personally ate the master tape of it. It's gone forever.

I bet it was deep fried and covered in some kind of cheese :btroll:

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Spaced God posted:

Report back if Tom found a different hat and/or shirt to wear for this tour

Not a drat chance

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Gonna miss Streetlight in Orlando tomorrow. I'm sure they'll be back though :(

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Why would they stop touring? It's not like they quit or have any albums to record

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Streetlight is a great band but they have the bro-iest, most aggressive fans.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
That's never been my experience. They're mostly school band geeks

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I believe ska attracted band geeks because it was the first time in decades that vaguely rock-ish sounding bands had room for trombone players; in much the same way, jam bands were popular with band geeks because the Dave Matthews Band demonstrated that there was a place for violinists as well. :v:

Of course, my image of a stereotypical "ska fan" remains either a) skinheads in collarless white shirts, braces and Doc Marten boots; or b) mods who wear sunglasses indoors. :D

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I've never met a bro Ska fan. I was a band geek and so were all the ska people I knew.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Most of the ~ska people~ I've known have been Mormons that seem like they would have been really into Dave Matthews if they were born slightly earlier.

They've also been really cool.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

All the ska fans I know smoke a lot of weed and drink a lot of beer and are really chill

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Maybe it was just Connecticut

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Fateo McMurray posted:

All the ska fans I know smoke a lot of weed and drink a lot of beer and are really chill

but we've never met

I think the NY/NJ ska scene just kinda sucks tbh because every show I go to everyone wants to start a mosh pit and I'm like nah i just want to dance stop pushing me

I went to the added prequel Thursday show for Streetlight's "Last Show Ever" at Starland and it was such a poo poo show that me and two other guys basically formed a human wall in the back left corner and policed the area letting ~20 kids start a circle pit then the three of us would take turns getting in for a song while the other two basically acted like bouncers and kicked all the dicks out back toward the stage

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Nov 13, 2016

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Teemu Pokemon posted:

but we've never met

I think the NY/NJ ska scene just kinda sucks tbh because every show I go to everyone wants to start a mosh pit and I'm like nah i just want to dance stop pushing me

I went to the added prequel Thursday show for Streetlight's "Last Show Ever" at Starland and it was such a poo poo show that me and two other guys basically formed a human wall in the back left corner and policed the area letting ~20 kids start a circle pit then the three of us would take turns getting in for a song while the other two basically acted like bouncers and kicked all the dicks out back toward the stage

I'll agree with this, I was also there. NY/NJ is where the stereotype of the shirtless sweaty dude who just wants to hit people comes from.

Worst part was them all poo poo talking Dan P and the Toh Kay set.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot
i saw jeff last night and it ruled

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I went to the two LTJ full album shows a few months ago and the pit was such a poo poo show during the Losing Streak night, that for Hello Rockview, I just posted up against a wall and watched the show and didn't even bother

The crowd was also half the size the first night because Highline is like half the size of Gramercy. Not sure if that makes it better or worse

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Nov 14, 2016

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I went to the two LTJ full album shows a few months ago and the pit was such a poo poo show during the Losing Streak night, that for Hello Rockview, I just posted up against a wall and watched the show and didn't even bother

The crowd was also half the size the first night because Highline is like half the size of Gramercy. Not sure if that makes it better or worse

I prefer Highline, because I can be the old guy hanging out in the balcony.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Streetlight was great last night. Also there was weed all over the place.

The Three of Us
Down, Down, Down To Mephisto's Cafe
We Will Fall Together
Would You Be Impressed
A Better Place, A Better Time
Hell
Watch It Crash
Dear Sergio
Toe To Toe
The Hands That Thieve
With Any Sort of Certainty
A Moment of Silence/Violence
Somewhere in the Between
Here's To Life
The Big Sleep

Kalnoky wore the same hat and striped shirt as always, the sound was good and clear, the encore was Here's to Life/Big Sleep as usual, and there was no talk about politics. It was a great show. Last show of the tour.

Fun Times! fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Nov 14, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Hackan Slash posted:

I prefer Highline, because I can be the old guy hanging out in the balcony.

Both venues are near the top of my list for favorites in the city. I really like Highline, it might be my favorite.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

NO MORE EXCUSES TOMAS :v:

A Day to Remember Win $4 Million Lawsuit Against Victory Records

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Yesterday the Streetlight facebook posted something along the lines of, "Today is a good day."