Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

All I know is that he never skipped leg day.

Edit: new page, let me find something quick
https://twitter.com/oneida__/status/795722470946959360

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 09:56 on Nov 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

True reason is that they didnt want to jiggle physics a big fat man

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UntriedWiltedDorado-mobile.mp4

e: I don't know why it keeps loading the enormous version. Sorry, small screen people.

dumb. has a new favorite as of 23:00 on Nov 10, 2016

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
That has to be pretty intense ping pong match.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I'm guessing she doesn't feel like talking.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Yeah that's a pretty clear body language "no" imo

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
who the gently caress binds D to talk

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Only thing I can think of is that instead of WASD, they've bound around SZXC or TFGH for some silly reason.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

what about a D button on a controller? Pretty sure there are some like that

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

She obviously does not want the d

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Using QWES for movement (with D for 'do thing') is good if you have man fingers. Try it out!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Those aren't man fingers, they're sausage fingers

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Jay Rust posted:

Those aren't man fingers, they're sausage fingers

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
real men type using chopsticks because otherwise their fingers which are covered with a solid inch of manly fat would smush several keys at once

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

wtf I have huge fingers and wasd is completely fine

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
qwe aren't wider spaced than asd so why the gently caress

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I use 3adg myself

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Tunicate posted:

I use 3adg myself

youve got a tiny palm huh :smug:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I use an Xbox controller.

But only for action games, never for shooters or RPGs.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I used a controller for witcher 3. It was better that way.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

what the hell dude your ring finger goes on w not your middle finger, it's just putting your left hand on the home row

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

World War Mammories posted:

what the hell dude your ring finger goes on w not your middle finger, it's just putting your left hand on the home row

I move my left hand over when I'm WASDing, to mirror the way I hold my right hand over the arrow keys.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

What if you need to press shift while moving left

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

The most hosed up opinion I've seen all week

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

So you're the one who default-binds poo poo to G all the fuckin' time

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Triarii posted:

The most hosed up opinion I've seen all week

Same.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
wasd for movement, e for use object/interact, f to toggle flashlight

unless you're this guy

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, that guy is the pinnacle of masculine charm so he probably doesn't have time to play pc games

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

idk if it has anything to do with finger size, I just always found it more comfortable to have forwards/left/right on the same row so my standard is WERD for movement.

PC games without control configs are literally Hitler.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

M...mods?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

You loving make me sick. I'd spit on you if I could.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
https://giant.gfycat.com/QueasyBetterAmericanwirehair.webm

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Dab Vader

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
Wasd causes hand cramps than numb half my hand after 10 minutes. I am the shithead who plays fps games on pc with a controller.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Why are you all so insistent on sharing these disgusting things with us, jesus.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Fat-handed twat!

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Crosspostin' from the Dungeonmans thread, of all places:

StoryTime posted:

I was contributing code to a Multi User Dungeon (early predecessor of MMOs), and we implemented racial natural weapons. The unarmed combat code was old and shoddy, so we decided on your exact solution: just make fists and claws and whatnot into weapons, so they'll use the spanking new battle code that all the other weapons use! We took it one step further though, we just had one shared fist/claw/whatever for all living things of the same race. Why have multiples, it's just a weapon with a damage value after all, who cares. We pushed the update, excited to see what would happen. What happened were the Great Race-Wars of Space and Time.

Later, the problem was found in the code that marked creatures hostile as towards each other when combat begun. When a creature would attack another with a weapon, the receiving creature would mark the wielder of that weapon as an enemy to be aggressive towards. You might notice the issue with the shared fists and claws here. An orc swiping at a human with the shared Orc Claw, would cause that human to mark every single claw wielding orc in the game as an enemy. The human would, naturally, throw a retaliatory punch with The Human Fist. In a single round of combat, every single orc and human in the game were hostile towards each other. Players quickly noticed something was awry.

Now we hadn't told the players about the new feature, because that's how things rolled in those days. Many thought it was some kind of new world event, as normally peaceful creatures started attacking everything in sight, including each other. Some players sought safety in numbers -- an unfortunate idea since most of them were already hostile towards each other, and immediately engaged in PvP when in the same room.

The real problems started when inter-racial fights broke out. You see, when a human swung The Human Fist at another human, they would mark all humans as hostile, including themselves. So now they were not only throwing punches at each other, but at themselves as well. This was too much for many players, and they started dying in droves.

Now in this game when you died, you went into a Hell equivalent. It was a single room where the dead players were neatly corralled until revived, so they could not wander around in the world causing bugs with their deadness. The Hell equivalent naturally had a Satan equivalent in it, whose purpose was to bring some local color, and to answer questions about death to confused new players. The Satan equivalent was, naturally, dual-wielding The Human Fist.

It was the breaking point. Nothing in the battle code was written to handle a fist fight with all the dead players VS Satan taking place in Hell. One of the things that broke was the code that stopped battles when the participants weren't in the same location anymore. The dead players could now punch and claw at the living from the depths of Hell, no matter where in the world they were located. Finally, everything ground to an end, when all new battle execution threads started to crash and burn immediately after they were created. Any form of combat was now literally impossible in the entire game, and the Great Race-Wars of Space and Time were over.

TL;DR: Programming video games is difficult, but rewarding!

MUDs :allears:

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
Glitches in racing games are just amazing sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqHkqhQ6a7A

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wE5ckUBEk0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
The most ridiculous patch notes from 10 years of Dwarf Fortress

My favorite:

* Cats dying for no reason - alcohol poisoning?