Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

FAUXTON posted:

When they take away Medicare who knows what the olds are going to do. I mean other than die off slightly faster, that is.

The obvious answer is blame "the blacks"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

petition to rename the Democratic Party to the Corncob Party

lest we ever forget

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

like, bill clinton is most likely a creep and i'm glad the clintons are done with politics forever most likely but for a campaign to ignore the advice of someone who was actually elected president is top-level stupidity

Basically the way the advice is being treated by DNC acolytes now.

That happened to Bill.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Clintons will only show themselves briefly, appearing in the woods from time to time, before leaving to the Undying

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Beet Wagon posted:

The obvious answer is blame "the blacks"

The problem is that illegal immigrants are conning the system so it's insolvent.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Wikkheiser posted:

I think ... those are students coming back from the annual state marching band contest. When I was heading back from Austin on the same day (it was raining) there was a ton of similar buses stopped at a gas station in Temple. All high school teens.

So yeah.

lol gently caress social media was supposed to set us free and make society more democratic

but we should have realized it would be co-opted and used to shut us down instead

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Serf posted:

lest we ever forget

When the revolution comes we can be the Corncob Liberation Army or something probably more clever than that.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Serf posted:

lest we ever forget

Seconded

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
He whom all the Vedas seek, to see whom men undergo all sorts of asceticism, I will tell you His name: It is Own. This eternal Own is the Brahman, this is the immortal One; he who knows the secret of this — whatever he desires is his.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Even the author of the piece doesn't get it, citing her commercials about Trump's products made overseas and Chinese Steel. These people understand that business requires you take the cheapest option legal under government regulation, and he was vocally railing against NAFTA, the thing they feel underpins that entire system of how foreign goods are loving them over.

Trump University, on the other hand, should not have been left on the backburner.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

comingafteryouall posted:

lol gently caress social media was supposed to set us free and make society more democratic

but we should have realized it would be co-opted and used to shut us down instead

The curated internet's a mess

The curated internet's a waste

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

comingafteryouall posted:

democracy was supposed to keep us safe from tyranny and fascism

so many broken promises

Serf
May 5, 2011

we will look back in TYOOL 2019 (a thousand years in Trump time) and say "remember the great corncobbing of 2016, beware Nates and Wangs, and know that nothing matters"

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

LmaoTheKid posted:

The protesters should be in front of DNC offices, not bitching about Trump.

lol no, they really, really should be protesting trump with all their heart. the DNC comes later.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Oiled and Ready posted:

Trump University, on the other hand, should not have been left on the backburner.

This. You can do soooo loving much with working-class people trying to do better by going there and being taken advantage of.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/JustinBrannan/status/796854471708016640

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Wish I was as cool as this dog*
https://twitter.com/broderick/status/796678078323953664

*Sponsored by Bud Light

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
haha holy gently caress watching a woman attack protesters with laundry detergent

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

thats a storm drain

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Doorknob Slobber posted:

haha holy gently caress watching a woman attack protesters with laundry detergent

Dems rekt in every fashion now. christ

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

FAUXTON posted:

When they take away Medicare who knows what the olds are going to do. I mean other than die off slightly faster, that is.

get mocked viciously by their grandson who told them that the republicans would loving pull that poo poo and not to support them.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Vox Nihili posted:

lol no, they really, really should be protesting trump with all their heart. the DNC comes later.

Other way around because right now they're defeated and complacent instead of lazy and complacent. We've got 4 years of trump no matter what. Rooting out neolibs and clintonistas should be the priority.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
4 Anno Trump ( 2020 in the old calendar)

Obama: Listen, we have a real chance if we focus on this recession, and look at all these Trump scandals. You can win this if you just change a few things.

Hillary:Sorry, gramps, but I got it this time! *runs onto Ellen stage to learn the latest dance craze*

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

thats a storm drain

Baloogan to the Rescue!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

SpaceGoku posted:

"Clinton’s advisers have explained to the stunned candidate that she lost the race of her life in large part due to Comey’s October Surprise — they said their plan of winning college-educated white voters and turning out record levels of Latinos was working until Republican-leaning supporters shifted back to Trump in the wake of Comey’s bombshell letter, 11 days before the election, and the necessary enthusiasm among Latinos and African-Americans could not hold. By the time he released his clearance letter on the Sunday before the election, it was too late to re-energize voters."

lmao, do everything you can to dodge consequences and responsibility

go away for ever, clintonites

eh there's reporting that the Trump camp saw it the same way

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

I feel like the best thing would be for every American to swallow a quart of ball bearings and then dive into an active MRI.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oh Snapple! posted:

But in general, Bill Clinton’s viewpoint of fighting for the working class white voters was often dismissed with a hand wave by senior members of the team as a personal vendetta to win back the voters who elected him, from a talented but aging politician who simply refused to accept the new Democratic map.

Hahah holy poo poo, wow.

A very large amount of peoples desire not to deal with Bill comes from the fact he is gross and has actual real baggage. To bad this meant they also ignored his accurate advice.

Serf
May 5, 2011

KiteAuraan posted:

get mocked viciously by their grandson who told them that the republicans would loving pull that poo poo and not to support them.

"Trump said that this is the Democrats fault, checkmate grandson"

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Holy poo poo what where and why

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

Oh Snapple! posted:

This. You can do soooo loving much with working-class people trying to do better by going there and being taken advantage of.

I am looking forward to the day when the news media realizes that they have become the first casualty of the Trump presidency. He already tried to prevent them from covering the meeting with Obama today:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/10/trump-ditches-the-media-as-he-travels-to-meet-with-obama/

That's just the beginning.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/796934712161927168

Okay, seriously, which one of you is secretly Simon Maloy

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
It's incredible how incompetent the left's messaging is. I suppose it partly comes from attempting to balance conflicting worldviews without being dishonest but I also think that being too into focus-group type poo poo does some serious damage. I guess that's obvious though.

The thing is that messaging isn't actually that difficult. Once you have people's attention, all you have to do is deliver a simple message with a extreme and unrelenting force. I get so loving mad when I see them pushing poo poo like CTR. All that Machiavellian bullshit doesn't matter if you ignore the fundamentals.

crowoutofcontext posted:

The Trumpites on my FB feed just keep posting videos of Trump supporters being swarmed by "BLACK MOBS" and "PAYED PROTESTERS" with sad descriptors about how sick they all are and how much hate demonrats have in their heart. They really are sore winners

It's very weird to taste victorious (?) cucktears, when I myself was the one who was owned

It really surprises me that they fail to realize that people just don't like Trump. I guess it shouldn't.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

KiteAuraan posted:

p much

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Venom Snake posted:

A very large amount of peoples desire not to Bill comes from the fact he is gross and has actual real baggage. To bad this meant they also ignored his accurate advice.

Heh, classic logical fallacy of ad hominem :goonsay:. Those silly Dems.

Seriously though that's mad loving dumb.

Admiral Ray fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Nov 11, 2016

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Doorknob Slobber posted:

If you aren't at least in a video trying to take a video of this...

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/megynkelly/status/796939729493168128
https://twitter.com/megynkelly/status/796940621160349696

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

eh there's reporting that the Trump camp saw it the same way

Yeah, the Trump data/poll guy said they saw this.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

Holy poo poo what where and why

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Corny posted:

yes the new democratic map of uh...losing wisconsin michigan and pennsylvania

Dismissing the guy who brought the Democrats back from the wilderness to the WH, House and Senate. Good strategy, guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Telephones posted:

I get so loving mad when I see them pushing poo poo like CTR.

CTR's reach is vastly overstated and if anything needed far more money and support because they were one of the few forces pushing a "Hillary good" message instead of "Trump bad"

• Locked thread