Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Onmi posted:

I always liked the copy-pasta where Jonah points out that of course he knows Peter Parker is Spiderman, but that he'd never tell him because he can't have a bored Spiderman.

I wanna see this, I love that stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I found this while reading Spectacular Spider-man back issues. I don't even know if it's about the same Spider-man newspaper strip, but I figure it's still relevant to the thread.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Sep 19, 2017

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I know there's a lot of anachronistic poo poo in the comic, but do police even dress like that anymore?

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Aaaahahahahahaaaaa

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also I just noticed Comics Kingdom offers framed prints of the strip of your choice.

https://comicskingdom.com/prints/new/ZGF0ZT0yMDE2LTEwLTI1JmZuPTUyMg==
I'm tempted.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Synthbuttrange posted:

I know there's a lot of anachronistic poo poo in the comic, but do police even dress like that anymore?

That is actually the current uniform of New York State Troopers, which makes sense if the mansion is out in the middle of nowhere upstate.

But they should be grey with purple ties (oddly, all the pictures I found have purple ties, I guess that's official). But hey, colorists for daily strips can barely even remember that water is blue so I'll cut them some slack.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Also I just noticed Comics Kingdom offers framed prints of the strip of your choice.

https://comicskingdom.com/prints/new/ZGF0ZT0yMDE2LTEwLTI1JmZuPTUyMg==
I'm tempted.

If you want a different strip, it looks like you go here, pick your strip, then click the 'buy prints' button. It also looks like they only keep one year's worth of strips archived, so if there's something you would want from November 2015, act quickly!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

FredMSloniker posted:

If you want a different strip, it looks like you go here, pick your strip, then click the 'buy prints' button. It also looks like they only keep one year's worth of strips archived, so if there's something you would want from November 2015, act quickly!

If you subscribe then you get archives going back way further than that. For Spider-Man it currently goes to October 1998.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Kurui Reiten posted:

I wanna see this, I love that stuff.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I want to believe that Egghead just has a paper with "STAN LEE, LARRY LIEBER 11-12" hanging on his wall.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

I want to believe that Egghead just has a paper with "STAN LEE, LARRY LIEBER 11-12" hanging on his wall.

Well yeah, don't you?

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
I love that there's still been no explanation for why Jameson showed up. Like, he didn't know Egghead had done anything criminal or anything, he just showed up to beat him to death and nobody's noticed.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
starr was really more of an adversary for jameson. he killed his cousin, stole his newspaper and tried to quietly kill that no-good spiderman where no one could see.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah but he knew Spidey and Anty were on their way and he wanted to see poo poo go down

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Kurui Reiten posted:

Well yeah, don't you?
No, but now I want one, and I have a Christmas present idea for a comics loving brother in law.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

BUSTED

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

JJJ has figured it out, Peter Parker is The Mighty Thor!

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Nov 13, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

obviously he mugged poor peter parker and stole his camera

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Manatee Cannon posted:

obviously he mugged poor peter parker and stole his camera

"Why that Spider-Man is a menace! Miss Brant, buy some flowers to send to Peter Parker in the hospital..... no wait.... check the dumpster out back of the florists and send him some of those, he'll never know the difference!"

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The Question IRL posted:

So doesn't Spidey admitting to having a camera basically blow apart his secret identity?

I love how Newspaper Spidey has this combination of madcap insane storylines and ones that perfectly and logically follow from the choices made by the characters...Even if they are stupid.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

This is the only continuity where I've seen JJJ make any logical connection between Spidey and Peter Parker's pictures.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I wonder what wacky way they are getting outta this

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

They'll use Elias's shrinking spray to hide the camera then engage in a week long gaslighting campaign against JJJ to convince him there was no camera in the first place.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
You know, I'm starting to think Lee lurks in this thread, the way joking guesses for what will happen next seem to come true.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

....that makes the most sense of anything

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
I just checked the forum status; if he is lurking, he's a goon.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

This coming minutes after i finished reading Amazing Spider-man #50 (similar dialogue about traitors, and JJJ literally saying word by word "good guys always finish last") spooks me.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Choco1980 posted:

You know, I'm starting to think Lee lurks in this thread, the way joking guesses for what will happen next seem to come true.

That'd be a real trick considering newspaper have like 2 weeks of lead time.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Those Ant-men grin, this is officially the best comic.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Okay, this is the best outcome. Also JJJ's reaction is great.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Now watch Peter try to sell the photos to Jameson.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo I love you newspaper Spider-Man

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Synthbuttrange posted:

Now watch Peter try to sell the photos to Jameson.

Peter say he's selling them on behalf of Spider-Man.

JJJ will buy them, but make the check out to Spider-Man, prompting a crisis in which Peter will freak out, because you have to show ID to cash a check!

Little does he know that this was part of JJJ's plan all along. JJJ will camp out at the bank (New York only has one) waiting for Spider-Man to reveal his ID so he can finally unmask that masked menace!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

ConfusedUs posted:

JJJ will buy them, but make the check out to Spider-Man, prompting a crisis in which Peter will freak out, because you have to show ID to cash a check!

Little does he know that this was part of JJJ's plan all along. JJJ will camp out at the bank (New York only has one) waiting for Spider-Man to reveal his ID so he can finally unmask that masked menace!

I like your posts confused us. ...or should I say Stan Lee!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

ConfusedUs posted:

Because ATM's don't exist?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Because ATM's don't exist?

Not in this universe of billifolds and vacuum cleaner bags.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Didn't Peter once try to cash a check made out to Spider-Man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

"I need to deposit this for my good friend S. Piderman--correct, pronounced just like 'Peterman'. What's that? Dutch, I believe."

• Locked thread