Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

What the hell is Panther Piss, apart from some sort of evil alcoholic beverage?

14 BAR RIFF posted:

It can't possibly smell worse than what the implement shop called panther piss because jfc this poo poo reeks. Bought it on my principle of the less they spend on packaging and more they spend telling you how dangerous it is and I've never smelled anything like it. Literally like a cat box. Also it seems to go on sticky and doesn't just run off. Curious as to tomorrow's results.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Panther piss seems concerning to say the least, sprayed onto otherwise unprepped build up last night of the same grade that broke the wood handle brush.

I may want to pay attention to the warning labels :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unclean
Jun 28, 2002
Been lurking forever, put a few pics of 14" on my FB and a friend made this.

I probably hosed the link up, damnation.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

:stare: Can I get that on a poster?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ExplodingSims posted:

:stare: Can I get that on a posterblack velvet?

Unclean
Jun 28, 2002
As long as whoever took the picture gives permission he said velvet or poster is no problem! Id throw in $ or flat out pay for the velvet one for 14". I'll ask him what that or a poster version would run if you guys are interested!

There's an AI facebook group right?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah dude send me a friend request and a message on fb at David Blomquist and I'll sort you out

Unclean
Jun 28, 2002
Request sent from Scott Murray!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Ok yeah Danno I saw that animal again and it wasnt a cat skunk or raccoon.

.....serious question do you get badgers or wolverines around here

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Ok yeah Danno I saw that animal again and it wasnt a cat skunk or raccoon.

.....serious question do you get badgers or wolverines around here

According to Annotated Checklist of Mammals of Nebraska, Jones Jr. & Choate 1980, you may have seen:

New World Opossum
Armadillo
Desert Cottontail
Eastern Cottontail
European Rabbit
Black-tailed Jack Rabbit
White-tailed Jack Rabbit
Eastern Chipmunk
Least Chipmunk
Woodchuck
Franklin's Ground Squirrel
Richardson's Ground Squirrel
Spotted Ground Squirrel
Thirteen-lined Ground Squirrel
Black-tailed Prarie Dog
Grey Squirrel
Fox Squirrel
[leaving out the shrews, mice, voles, bats, and rats]
Beaver
Porcupine
Nutria
Coyote
Gray Wolf
Swift Fox
Red Fox
Gray Fox
Black Bear (supposedly now exterpated)
Raccoon
Long-tailed Weasel
Black-footed Ferret (I believe these are extremely endangered now)
Least Weasel
Mink
Wolverine (supposeldy now extirpated)
Badger
Spotted Skunk
Striped Skunk
River Otter
Puma (probably extirpated)
Lynx (rare)
Bobcat
Fallow Deer
Wapiti (extirpated except on reservations)
Mule Deer
White-tailed Deer
Bison (only where re-introduced)
Mountain Sheep (now extirpated)
Pronghorn

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
I'm betting porcupine or bobcat.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
It ran off in that weasel/badger sort of loping hunchback, solid color but thought the face was striped which was why I asked badger. Couldn't tell on the face markings for sure, but it wasn't canine or feline and made a loving wierd rear end noise as it loped off

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Nov 11, 2016

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Its gonna rip ur face off.

Edit: might also have been a skunk, so enjoy if so. loving fart juice cannon motherfuckers.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

It ran off in that weasel/badger sort of loping hunchback, solid color but thought the face was striped which was why I asked badger. Couldn't tell on the face markings for sure, but it wasn't canine or feline and made a loving wierd rear end noise as it loped off

It's the physical embodiment of your curse. Drown it in gear oil or it'll chew it's way up your arse into your brain again.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm gonna go with woodchuck or possibly badger.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

It's probably just horny. Next time it comes by whip your dick out.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
An then it'll be what, 10 inch?

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

If it looked like a furry pancake with a head then it was a badger in which case holy poo poo don't gently caress with it. If it was more like a big ball then it was a porcupine which I saw one around there too so I wouldn't be surprised. A badger being that close to a house is kind of weird. Also I took the picture of 14 and don't care if you guys put it on posters.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
If it looks and acts like this it is a badger and should be left the gently caress alone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA8pxzawUGM

Badgers are the 300lb hells angels of the animal kingdom. It will gently caress you up and eat your rear end in a top hat for breakfast.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

djdanno13 posted:

If it looked like a furry pancake with a head then it was a badger in which case holy poo poo don't gently caress with it. If it was more like a big ball then it was a porcupine which I saw one around there too so I wouldn't be surprised. A badger being that close to a house is kind of weird. Also I took the picture of 14 and don't care if you guys put it on posters.

I think I saw a BMW owner! :haw:

This was definitely the way it ran.

https://youtu.be/JxDKv1McO0w

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I think I saw a BMW owner! :haw:

This was definitely the way it ran.

https://youtu.be/JxDKv1McO0w

Porcupine are really cool creatures. I've seen them running across the road in Downeast Maine. If there are porcs, there might be fishers (fisher cats). Run if you see one of those. They're the size of a cat, but are basically the North American equivalent of the honey badger. They also eat porcupines... from the inside out.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Now this mystery though I believe can be solved :3:

Unknownmass
Nov 3, 2007
The GF saw me looking at the picture and grabbed her animal tracks field guide. She thinks the larger tracks over the car tire look to be cat and the smaller to be a weasel. The ones on the bottom of the picture dont have enough detail. They don't look like badger tracks, but it could be a juvenile.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

Lol it's the neighbors dog.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Unknownmass posted:

The GF saw me looking at the picture and grabbed her animal tracks field guide. She thinks the larger tracks over the car tire look to be cat and the smaller to be a weasel. The ones on the bottom of the picture dont have enough detail. They don't look like badger tracks, but it could be a juvenile.

Looks like the cat wears about a size 12.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

djdanno13 posted:

Lol it's the neighbors dog.

Yeah that was. There's some Kitty tracks too. The mystery beast probably porcupine was spotted near the big tractor with the caboose and ran off towards the ravine at the far end of the field

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I found the panther piss.

http://www.messicks.com/part/b505501/penet-oil

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
I was linked here this morning from PYF and I'm admittedly still catching up but I thought I'd offer to help with what is the best guddamn goon endeavor I've ever seen. I don't know poo poo about parts or tools but there's a junkyard up the road so if there's something you need and can't find, I'll take a buddy of mine who knows what he's doing out to go look for it, and as long as it's nothing too heavy or expensive I can grab it and ship it to you from East Texas, free of charge.

Shame I didn't know this was going on until just now--I've got two empty rentals with water and power up in the Midwest I'd have offered use of.

What I can offer now is a care package, though, to help you along. Do I just write "Old Truck, A Field, Nebraska" on the shipping label?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

You can email me for the address.

Explodingsims2@gmail.com

Also, this thread made it to PYF?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

ExplodingSims posted:

Explodingsims2@gmail.com

Yeah, someone posted it in the PYF Quotes thread and I'm really glad they did, because this is amazing.

edit: email sent

GOTTA STAY FAI fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Nov 11, 2016

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Seminal Flu posted:

Tractor dealer (looks like Case dealers stock it) or http://www.messicks.com/part/b505501/penet-oil

And the MSDS: http://www.mazergroup.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/B505501-Rust-Penetrant.pdf

Hazard Identifications are :lol: , including "May cause defatting of the skin." :stare:

You wasted your time. :D (also, I found it in several other places online cheaper, but they all want $$$ for shipping, easier to call around for tractor dealers that stock CNH brand chemicals.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I was linked here this morning from PYF and I'm admittedly still catching up but I thought I'd offer to help with what is the best guddamn goon endeavor I've ever seen. I don't know poo poo about parts or tools but there's a junkyard up the road so if there's something you need and can't find, I'll take a buddy of mine who knows what he's doing out to go look for it, and as long as it's nothing too heavy or expensive I can grab it and ship it to you from East Texas, free of charge.

Shame I didn't know this was going on until just now--I've got two empty rentals with water and power up in the Midwest I'd have offered use of.

What I can offer now is a care package, though, to help you along. Do I just write "Old Truck, A Field, Nebraska" on the shipping label?

Given the way small towns seem to work, you could probably address it to:
Dude From Washington
Old Truck In a Field
Valentine, NE

And it'd probably make it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Camel 99s are loving gold for me right now FYI and much obliged.

Right stuff showed up for the diff, beginning to button up the rear end in preparation of a drive shaft.

Soodonim
Jul 3, 2007

woooosh!

ExplodingSims posted:

Explodingsims2@gmail.com

Good idea not posting the address in the thread. Wouldn't want any weird dudes showing up in djdanno's field.

:haw:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

How long are you expecting to be out there for a care package to arrive?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
D day is under 2 weeks. I can 3 day PayPal for stuff in townnow too, though. Debit card and internet are fantastic assets to continue to have

Tyranid05@ hotmail if any new converts want to skip the mail hassle. But I do have most of everything I need so full honesty a portion of that'd go to the Bulleit and Cancer slush fund. And as before my incredible and immortal respect to those who captured the sun and by their hands brought me to the grasses of this field

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Soodonim posted:

Good idea not posting the address in the thread. Wouldn't want any weird dudes showing up in djdanno's field.

:haw:

You know, eventually the local news is going to send a reporter out there to see just what's gotten the town in such a tizzy.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I've been working on some rewards that shall be set out to all who brought my life back online that will follow similar structure to or in addition to the gofundme backers too. I feel confident everyone will come away happy on this.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
That thing can't get very good gas mileage. How much is it going to cost to get it to Florida?

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Im just glad you've found something to get your life back on track man. Its amazing how wrenching can get your mind focused away from the bad poo poo in your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

daslog posted:

That thing can't get very good gas mileage. How much is it going to cost to get it to Florida?

I don't think it'll be too terrible. I'm pretty sure Dave said it has a 4.10 rear, and I think the SM420 has a 1:1 4th, but with those tall tires it shouldn't be spinning too fast. The replacement 350 should make a lot more torque than the dead six that came out. He probably won't want to take it much past 55 anyway. I'd estimate 11-12 mpg, which isn't that bad.

• Locked thread