Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
As much as I love sitting down for a solid restaurant burger, from time to time a good lovely McDonalds can hit the spot too.
When I was in the Navy they served sliders every Friday, which was pretty much the only regular meal to look forward to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
I'm pretty sure Miller's just cooking these hamburgers so that Code Talker would just shut the gently caress up about the depressing viruses he created.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
alright lets cut the poo poo and get down to brass tacks

SMASH PATTIES.

WHAT SAY Y'ALL

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
also this last mission was a garbage heap and i'm really glad Leal is playing it and is being entertaining doing so.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I love burgers too! Romaine lettuce, tomato slices, a thin thing of mozzarella, pan-seared champignon, homemade garlic sauce (made from oven-roasted garlic), and a homebaked bun.

Now this is fancy, I did want to try my hand at making my own buns but being a single person I find it hard to justify buying everything to make it.

ManSedan posted:

As much as I love sitting down for a solid restaurant burger, from time to time a good lovely McDonalds can hit the spot too.
When I was in the Navy they served sliders every Friday, which was pretty much the only regular meal to look forward to.

There was this burger the McDonalds used to have for a dollar, it was topped with ranch, bbq sauce and fritos. Sounds bad but oddly it wasn't that bad, it used to be what I would do for quick lunches when I was a traveling merchandiser and didn't want to spend more then 2 bucks for a meal.

Willie Tomg posted:

alright lets cut the poo poo and get down to brass tacks

SMASH PATTIES.

WHAT SAY Y'ALL

Where I last lived there was a nearby smash burger and it was amazing. In fact where I last lived it was great for eating, there was also a nation's burger, a 5 guys, red robins, on top of mom n pops places. God I miss that place, if I could move back there but keep this job I'd probably be dead from heart disease from all the eating out.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Yes. Hi. Excuse me.

If I could reach through here?

...just gotta turn the Garbage setting up to 11.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Fish Noise posted:

Yes. Hi. Excuse me.

If I could reach through here?

...just gotta turn the Garbage setting up to 11.

:barf:

Also I found that carl's jr burger

This was definitely a mistakes were made burger.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

You must not avert your eyes.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

When I was in Paris I had a hamburger "American-style" that came with fries. Inside the bun. It was incredibly tasty.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

Fish Noise posted:

Fish Noise posted:

Egg, gravy, burger, and rice? I used to get this in Hawaii and I can't remember the name but it was rad. What's the name?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Maybe I'm being a Big Burger Boss, but that isn't okay.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

ManSedan posted:

Egg, gravy, burger, and rice? I used to get this in Hawaii and I can't remember the name but it was rad. What's the name?
Loco moco. I called it "That looks like death on a plate. Imma make some."

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
If we are talking about burgers, you cannot forget my hometown favorite Garbage Plates.

Aeromancia fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Nov 11, 2016

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

I wonder what he'd have to say about the Heart Attack Grill.

Cimbri
Feb 6, 2015

Vadoc posted:

:aaa:

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

You think that's bad, one of the biggest fans of the place did, in fact, die of a heart attack.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Vadoc posted:

Now don't get me wrong, I love a good multi stacked burger. I can deal with opening my maw wide to be able to get a good bite, but I never understood the appeal of these kind of burgers. Like at that point you're not eating a burger, you're cutting up chunks of meat, cheese and veg and taking it a bite at a time. If you can't feel bun on the roof of your mouth and on your tongue at the same time you aren't eating a burger, you're eating a complicated meatloaf :colbert:

V: Daaaaamn

Leal fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Nov 12, 2016

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Miller wouldn't be able to eat it, because it requires two hands. It's a symbol of the things they've lost.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
:siren: Chapter 35 :siren:

Prep your monocle, we got a few twists coming up this video.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

I rewatched that Ocelot On Spies moment several times, just... savor it. :allears:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Well, that was a lot of stuff all at once. Discussion in spoilertext below.

So Strangelove is Otacon's dad, huh? That's kinda neat, even though she basically got pregnant from a pity-gently caress to a wheelchair-bound nerd. Her death allows Huey to marry again, someday later, when he returns to America and meets his son again. (Remember that the reason Emma Emmerich is afraid of swimming is a childhood accident, when she almost drowned in their pool while Hal was screwing his stepmom upstairs.)

I guess it would make sense for Strangelove to make another Boss AI, her perfect giant robot waifu. She's the perfect soldier, who follows orders without question. And it would be a living reminder to Cipher about their mission statement. "Make the world whole again", and all that jazz. I just don't understand why they keep pissing around with AIs, when Paz showed that the tech existed to make the robot pilotable by humans.

Volgin would be quite fitting as the Man on Fire. A quite distinctive uniform design, with a bandoleer across his chest, and with elemental powers. It just bugs me that Volgin was an Electric-type, and not a Fire-type, but I guess he changed his mind in furious ragedeath. Probably due to eternally burning parasites or something.

I don't think Diamond Dogs got all of Code Talker's research all at once. Maybe they missed some of it. Cipher definitely didn't steal it from Mother Base. If they knew where it was, and were ready to just up and steal two cargo containers, Diamond Dogs would have bigger problems. Invasion-sized ones.

I also like that they spoke in Code Talker's native language at the end there. I don't think that there would be a vocal parasite with that particular language programmed.

Also, Ocelot is the best, and Miller is a whiny bitch sometimes. For a guy with one arm, he finds it impossible to let go of anything.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

At 12:45, "She climbed inside that pod and shut the door. It can't be opened from the outside. It was suicide." 15 seconds later, "By the time I realized and opened the door... she wasn't breathing."

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Yeah I picked up on that too.

I've played every Metal Gear game but this one (and at this rate I'm probably not, so thanks again for the LP Leal) and I've been able to pick up on most of the plotline twists ahead of time. Man on Fire, Strangelove...I have very strong inklings on two more that are likely to rear their heads soon. A little foreshadowing between the end of the first act and the cassettes from around the same time I think have pointed out a major plot twist and let's just say that a certain trusted individual back at Mother Base seems to be conveniently slacking in the security department, allowing all these odd things to happen on his watch.

Tommy_Blanco
Oct 29, 2011
I still wonder why they didn't just give Quiet an iDroid or even just a notepad. Did that require a research that was too big for Mother Base to hold?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Tommy_Blanco posted:

I still wonder why they didn't just give Quiet an iDroid or even just a notepad. Did that require a research that was too big for Mother Base to hold?

It is odd because Quiet doesn't want to activate the English parasite strain inside of her so thats why she doesn't speak. Now as to why she refuses sign language or writing things down is unknown, its not like doing that will activate the parasite. Or maybe it would, parasites are this game's nanomachines so anything is possible.

Bruceski posted:

At 12:45, "She climbed inside that pod and shut the door. It can't be opened from the outside. It was suicide." 15 seconds later, "By the time I realized and opened the door... she wasn't breathing."

Huey is a pretty awful liar :v:

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Also, Ocelot is the best, and Miller is a whiny bitch sometimes. For a guy with one arm, he finds it impossible to let go of anything.

Its funny cause minus the POWs and volunteers everyone on Mother Base has tried to kill Big Boss, including Miller. Even the children have attempted it!

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Leal posted:

Huey is a pretty awful liar :v:
If that recording had gone on any longer Ocelot would be pulling in random passerby MB soldiers into the interrogation room and seeing how fast he could get Huey to incorporate them into new lies.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Okay, so relistening to the tape made me realize that it's super-obvious that Huey is lying. I don't know why I didn't see it before.

E: First, Skullface killed her, but put her in the AI pod (for safekeeping, I guess?). Then, she killed herself by doing the perfectly rational thing of jumping into a supercooled computer box. Then, Huey put her there himself (maybe). Then, he has a kid, that he knows the gender of, without having seen him ever. Okay. I guess that's why Ocelot isn't pushing it, since he knows Huey is just digging himself deeper.

Philippe fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Nov 16, 2016

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Okay, so relistening to the tape made me realize that it's super-obvious that Huey is lying. I don't know why I didn't see it before.

E: First, Skullface killed her, but put her in the AI pod (for safekeeping, I guess?). Then, she killed herself by doing the perfectly rational thing of jumping into a supercooled computer box. Then, Huey put her there himself (maybe). Then, he has a kid, that he knows the gender of, without having seen him ever. Okay. I guess that's why Ocelot isn't pushing it, since he knows Huey is just digging himself deeper.

Well, he also says he never saw the kid, but there's a picture of Hal on the shell of the AI core that he's been sharing an office with.

I mean sure, he could mean that he never saw him in person, but, you know, Hal has to look as sketchy as possible to throw suspicion away from the real guilty party. :getin:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
To top it off, we know from MGS3 and Peace Walker that Huey's original designs for bipedal locomotion came from Granin in the USSR. It's a miracle he knows how to dress and feed himself.

Is Ocelot going to betray us? Surely, he couldn't be operating on a hidden agenda under orders for a third party. That just wouldn't be like him.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Is Ocelot going to betray us? Surely, he couldn't be operating on a hidden agenda under orders for a third party. That just wouldn't be like him.

Lessee... in MGS3 and 1 he was secretly allied with Big Boss the whole time if I remember right. In 4 I have no clue WHAT happened, haven't played it and any attempt at explaining the plot sounds like the ramblings of a madman. Still, by this point I think the odds are going to be good that he'll reveal he was actually an agent of... Big Boss. Probably played as a bwahbwah gag.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Ocelot got possessed by Liquid's arm in 2, making him act in a strange way. Between 2 and 4 he realized that being possessed by a ghost arm is a pretty good alibi, so he had Liquid's arm removed and replaced with a cybernetic arm. He also got hypnotherapy to make him act like Liquid, although he was still in control. He got so good at tricking people that he eventually tricked... himself.

His robot arm was revealed in the final shirtless punch-out boss battle on top of his Mount Snakemore-style submarine, when he dramatically flung aside his trench-coat to fight Solid Snake one last time. This is Mount Snakemore, in case you haven't seen it:

You're right, this doesn't make any sense.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Why would you suspect him, of all people? He's been our most stalwart bro from the minute he showed up outside the hospital to pick up the slack from that dickhole "Ishamael" (If that IS his real name!) who kept abandoning us!

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
I didn't know the man on fire was Volgin, but I remember people speculating it when the hospital escape footage was revealed.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
:siren: Chapter 36 :siren:

:siren: Cassettes 3 :siren:

We do another rehash of an earlier mission and my D Dog only run gets ended on the word go

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
:siren: Chapter 37 :siren:

:siren: Cassettes 4 :siren:

We do another old mission and rescue a few more children. Also more burger talk

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Ocelot got possessed by Liquid's arm in 2, making him act in a strange way. Between 2 and 4 he realized that being possessed by a ghost arm is a pretty good alibi, so he had Liquid's arm removed and replaced with a cybernetic arm. He also got hypnotherapy to make him act like Liquid, although he was still in control. He got so good at tricking people that he eventually tricked... himself.

His robot arm was revealed in the final shirtless punch-out boss battle on top of his Mount Snakemore-style submarine, when he dramatically flung aside his trench-coat to fight Solid Snake one last time. This is Mount Snakemore, in case you haven't seen it:

You're right, this doesn't make any sense.

I read that robo-arm reveal a little differently. The hand is still flesh. I figured the arm was breaking down the same way Snake was aging early and for the same reason, and he just had them add some tech to shore it up.

Also, I'm pretty sure Leal's right about Kobe beef. I don't think it's even sold outside of Japan. So places advertising "kobe beef" on their menus are full of poo poo.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
A few years ago I worked at a grocery store, in the meat department. After Thanksgiving I vowed i wouldn't be around for the next one (I succeeded).

Edit: it's pronounced "say- shells" btw.

ManSedan fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Dec 1, 2016

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Vicissitude posted:

I read that robo-arm reveal a little differently. The hand is still flesh. I figured the arm was breaking down the same way Snake was aging early and for the same reason, and he just had them add some tech to shore it up.

Also, I'm pretty sure Leal's right about Kobe beef. I don't think it's even sold outside of Japan. So places advertising "kobe beef" on their menus are full of poo poo.

So I guess Ocelot managed to trick me, too.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

:pseudo::tinfoil::pseudo::tinfoil::pseudo::tinfoil::pseudo::tinfoil::pseudo::tinfoil::pseudo::tinfoil::pseudo::tinfoil::pseudo::tinfoil::pseudo::tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ManSedan posted:

A few years ago I worked at a grocery store, in the meat department. After Thanksgiving I vowed i wouldn't be around for the next one (I succeeded).

Produce sucked but I imagine meat was far worse. Though I still had to deal with it as meat department is on the way to the baler which I need to go to every 30 minutes and all those customers that would not move. Sometimes I wish I could ram them with my pallet and not get in trouble for it.

quote:

Edit: it's pronounced "say- shells" btw.

:saddowns:

• Locked thread