Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I have a 5* element selector. My best 5* right now is Ariel. Is she worth taking to 6*?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Rank them up to make 3* elementals.

That May's Lucky Box deal is actually pretty good as far as spending money on this game goes. 10$ for 1650 Rubies + 120 Topaz.
Or maybe it just looks reasonable compared to the outrageously bad deal spending money on anything else is.

I've bought two of those. If you're going to do it, buy that.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

That May's Lucky Box deal is actually pretty good as far as spending money on this game goes. 10$ for 1650 Rubies + 120 Topaz.
Or maybe it just looks reasonable compared to the outrageously bad deal spending money on anything else is.

It also gets you some Increased Drop Rates for the duration of the boxes. Personally I felt very satisfied buying them until my income went down substantially just recently.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

That seems hard, I have a total of 1 water, 1 earth, and 1 fire. Guess I'll just sell them.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

LibrarianCroaker posted:

That seems hard, I have a total of 1 water, 1 earth, and 1 fire. Guess I'll just sell them.

Just sit on them. Money is so easy to come by. You'll actually earn rubies leveling them up, too.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
It's not the money I care about, it's the box space.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

upgrade your box space! like an idiot i had no idea you could for an embarrassingly long time

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Its just this.

Rubies are outrageously expensive if you just buy the regluar packages. It is :10bux: for ONE additional attempt at a daily dungeon (with the recently added daily dungeon tickets for 100 rubies each) That is insane.
Compare that to :10bux: for the 1650 gems + 100 rubies from May's lucky box and the box seems like a great deal, but is it really?
If you compare consumable IAP prices to full fledged games then its like $50 for 500 gems, or 20 3-6* tickets which doesn't even have a 10% chance to get you a single 6* hero, or you could buy Civilization 6.

I have always hated IAP but its not so much IAP itself but how little you get for it in all these games. Did you see the screenshot of that JP player in PAD spending $4500 to get a certain hero he wanted? (And did not get it)

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
The only reason I spend money is because I literally play this game all day at work. (Well, it plays itself) And honestly if Goons didn't play it I'd have dropped off a while ago. At least we get good payouts for Arena, and the best weapons for the most part are earned. (Or stupidly expensive so nobody buys 'em.)

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah the May's Box just seems like relatively 'normal' F2P prices where the prices on stuff in the rest of the game are just ludicrous. I have no issue throwing some money on a F2P game considering how much free fun I tend to get out of them (played PAD almost every day for 3 years), but I gotta feel like I'm actually getting something decent out of it.

100 Topaz for 10$ isn't a bad deal when you think of it in terms of getting 10 costumes for 10$. But it's a pretty laughably bad deal if you think of it in terms of that only being 3 unequips of Awoken gear. Or only 1/3 of the way to being able to buy a single 7K/4L.

Elysiume posted:

I have a 5* element selector. My best 5* right now is Ariel. Is she worth taking to 6*?

Nah

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
level who you want, imo

if you really like Ariel, take her to 40, give her all the best gears

she can come chill with my decked out may

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

also the change to send special mission rewards to your inbox is real loving dumb

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Clawtopsy posted:

level who you want, imo

if you really like Ariel, take her to 40, give her all the best gears

she can come chill with my decked out may
I actually have two element selectors so I'll probably take Ariel up and save the other one. :toot:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
They sent out a 5* element selector to comp for loving up masters :toot:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Clawtopsy posted:

also the change to send special mission rewards to your inbox is real loving dumb

Yeah this.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I mean 'level who you want' is okay as long as you're not concerned about power gaming, the main thing is that if you're really early on then elementals are a colossal pain in the rear end to get, and using selectors on not-great units is a bit of a waste. Especially if you haven't gotten units like Shane, Yu Shin (or Xiao), Pascal, Karon, Sieg, etc etc all worked on and leveled up yet.

Basically, the sooner you can do Hard mode Dailies, the faster you can get more elementals. The better you score in Castle Rush, the faster you get elemental selectors. The better you can do in Raid, the more decent gear you can get. The better you do in PvP, the more free Topaz/Rubies you get. And so on for pretty much every game mode.

Ariel's just not very good for anything is all. Crit +50% isn't bad but she has no survival passive of any sort. 'Remove Buffs' is kinda terrible overall with the singular exception of DQ's special version (and DQ is no longer relevant for anything sooo). And meanwhile she's got some incredibly piss poor damage across the board.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I mean 'level who you want' is okay as long as you're not concerned about power gaming, the main thing is that if you're really early on then elementals are a colossal pain in the rear end to get, and using selectors on not-great units is a bit of a waste. Especially if you haven't gotten units like Shane, Yu Shin (or Xiao), Pascal, Karon, Sieg, etc etc all worked on and leveled up yet.

Basically, the sooner you can do Hard mode Dailies, the faster you can get more elementals. The better you score in Castle Rush, the faster you get elemental selectors. The better you can do in Raid, the more decent gear you can get. The better you do in PvP, the more free Topaz/Rubies you get. And so on for pretty much every game mode.

Ariel's just not very good for anything is all. Crit +50% isn't bad but she has no survival passive of any sort. 'Remove Buffs' is kinda terrible overall with the singular exception of DQ's special version (and DQ is no longer relevant for anything sooo). And meanwhile she's got some incredibly piss poor damage across the board.
I have Shane at 4* and Xiao at 5*. I could probably get them up along with Ariel. If Xiao is that good, I can probably use my other elemental selector on her.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I have a 5* selector coming up tomorrow. These are my 6* heroes, any advice on what to grab?
Shane 40/+5
Pascal 34/+5
Espada 34/+5
Rin 32/+5
Black Rose 32/+5
Ruri 32/+1

The rest are 30
Ace +5
Spike +5
Rachel +5
Sieg +3
Asura +1
Da Qiao +1

Bai Jiao
Xiao
Soi
Victoria
Karon
Jupy

Who should I take? I also have a few at 5* 30 +0 waiting for a day when I get a 5* Cake and a 5* Power Up to level up, another Black Rose, Karin, Sylvia, and Kai.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Elysiume posted:

I have Shane at 4* and Xiao at 5*. I could probably get them up along with Ariel. If Xiao is that good, I can probably use my other elemental selector on her.

Xiao is essential for a couple of later game modes (high floor CT and World Boss), but Shane is more immediately useful and for a lot more game modes, so you should be putting your Fire elementals towards her first. Getting a 6* Shane as soon as possible will help a lot, and so will getting her transcended to at least 32 (for the jewel equips).

Senerio posted:

I have a 5* selector coming up tomorrow. These are my 6* heroes, any advice on what to grab?

Who should I take? I also have a few at 5* 30 +0 waiting for a day when I get a 5* Cake and a 5* Power Up to level up, another Black Rose, Karin, Sylvia, and Kai.

Don't have Dellons or Karma? Or Eileen? Then you pretty much have to take Lina. You're losing out on an extra 50% damage bonus without having an All Damage booster.
E: Oh for CR I suppose you're running Bai Jiao and taking friend Dellons/Karma? That would be fine, but you'd still be missing the All Damage bonus for Raid, so Lina is still probably a good choice unless you plan to take Dellons for your next 7K pick.

By the way as far as World Boss goes, if you're getting even a remotely passable score on Easy then you're probably better off running Normal instead. I figured my lovely team wouldn't get much on Normal but I made top 4% which is something like 470 points vs the flat 100 for Easy mode.

Well, fusions today got me Bane and Jane. Uhg. Time to synth them to something useful, I suppose I could buy into Pascal now, but I could also really use some levels for Feng Yan, Espada, or Sieg ...

Meanwhile the game has seen fit to give me my 4th dupe Asura. Well, nice to not have to worry about levels for HER at least.

Oh looks like the Feng Yan remake didn't happen yet, I was wondering what was up with that. Might get even more buffs then?

Today on poo poo SWK Breaks, apparently there's a glitch with him right now that he's randomly full healing either team when he dies. :confuoot:

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Nov 10, 2016

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Know what? I'm tired of sitting at 2400 Arena. Find me a better team.

Current team:
Backline: Yu Shin 40+5
Frontline: Rin 32+5, Black Rose 40+5, Sun Wukong 34+5, Spike 32+5
All of these are 6* jeweled up, including life steal, and have at least some awakened equipment. SWK has a paralyze accessory, BR has +crit damage, Rin and Yu Shin have +HP.

Alternates:
Giparang, Da Qiao, Shane, Daisy 40+5
Karon 38+5
Ace 36+5; May, Espada 36
Rachel, Dellons 34+5; Bai Long, Zhao Yun 34
Eileene, Jave 32+5; Feng Yan, Lina, Alice, Sieg, Ruri, Velika, Snipper 32
Karma, Ky Kiske, Pascal, Bai Jiao, Lee Jung, Zhuge Liang, Lu Bu, Guan Yu, Mao Song, Ming Ming, Nia, Karin, Hellenia, Sylvia, Lucy, Victoria, Lania, Jupy, Jake 30
Those that are +5 are jeweled up.

I can buy two random 6* accessories or get another 51 stars to select one.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

You probably want to switch to 2-3 setup with Rin and SWK in the back. Get rid of Yu Shin or Black Rose for Pascal (use Synthesis if you've got any junk 6*). Yu Shin is kind of a wild card because Lightning Strike is so god drat broken but he's really flimsy and bad for Arena otherwise, that's not necessarily a bad tradeoff though if your SWK is really well geared. Black Rose is directly inferior to Pascal but of course you're giving up that fat Lv40 for him.

You might need to look and see if your gear is sufficient too, especially 28% Speed weapons on Rin (and as many others as possible). HP on squishies, Counter on non-squishies, etc.

Never take random Accessories, always take the selector. If your primary DPS doesn't have the +30% Crit Damage acc yet you probably want one of those before anything else. After that it's up to you.

New event is alright I guess, I can get behind a free 100k gold per day. 3x 6* selectors and a Fina is gonna make for some serious Transcending in the next couple of weeks.

E: I just swapped my geared 40 DQ for ungeared unpowered 30 Pascal and I'm not even doing any worse. Titan of Calamities is just seriously outrageous bullshit.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 11, 2016

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

You probably want to switch to 2-3 setup with Rin and SWK in the back. Get rid of Yu Shin or Black Rose for Pascal (use Synthesis if you've got any junk 6*). Yu Shin is kind of a wild card because Lightning Strike is so god drat broken but he's really flimsy and bad for Arena otherwise, that's not necessarily a bad tradeoff though if your SWK is really well geared. Black Rose is directly inferior to Pascal but of course you're giving up that fat Lv40 for him.

You might need to look and see if your gear is sufficient too, especially 28% Speed acc on Rin (and as many others as possible). HP on squishies, Counter on non-squishies, etc.

Pascal I have, but he's L30 and Synthesis this month is how I got him, so it's going to take a little time to boost him, and his being a jewel-less project is why he's not there yet. If the 6* selectors from the Roulette event have him, that'll put him to 36 in two weeks. If not it'll have to wait for next month / ruby luck / fusion luck.

My Yu Shin was my first good 6* so he's reasonably pimped out. I'll work on 40ing that formation as well, it's around 30 at the moment.

Is Pascal's void shield attack-based like Lu Bu or hit-based like Rin's?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I don't think any selectors have him yet unfortunately. 32 Pascal should still be pretty good with decent gear though.

Funny enough though it looks like a bunch of top Arena people are running Giparang right now for some reason. You just never know what those crazy people are up to!

applebane
Jun 5, 2011
if you haven't done it yet, one of the monthly special quests is "do 2 5* fusings and get a transcender" meaning fuse 2 5* to make a 6* twice and you get a fina you can use to transcend that Pascal.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I have no friends. People should friend me. Khuden in-game.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I finally got Pascal today from a random fusion(and back to back full raid gear rewards from raids, so lucky night) and I am not sure how to gear him. I feel like even with double HP his survivability after his VS drops is limited, but I am not sure if he makes a great candidate for counter armor, or If i should do hp/block, and a block gem to try to give him some post vs survivability.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

I have a serious case of decision anxiety now with all the upcoming selectors
I currently have 6x 6* to use for synthesis, i have a 6* selector from the world 9 perfect quest and we have 3 upcoming 6* selectors and i have no idea what to use it all on.

I do terrible in world boss so i guess i should get better there? For raids i am doing pretty ok, did the 1,1m HP Awakened raid without problems and can do 700k hp regular raids in 1 attempt.
For Arena i am at 2100 now but am fine for staying there a little longer.
Daily dungeons i have been able to do all 4* elements finally. Have not yet tried hard gold or item daily.

For world boss i got like 4 points when i tried it, which is below pathetic.

I also wouldn't mind getting better at CR, i only get 180-200ish points on most of them.

What would be great if someone (Cought Gwyrgyn, cough) could make like a priority list!

I do not have the following heroes i have seen mentioned a lot lately: Pascal, Lee Jung, Asura, Jake, Sieg, Xiao
I DO have: 6* Espada, Lina, Yui Nezha for heroes i have seen mentioned in the past but do not currently use in any teams.
I can take Victoria, Da Quiao, Daisy, May, Black Rose, Jupy to 6*

(For game changers i have Ace, Eileen, Karma)

TL;DR: I can take 3 new heroes i don't have to 32 and am thinking i should get better at world boss and castle rush

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Nov 11, 2016

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i am pretty much going to pour all the 6* selectors into making Espada a total champ

nurse of......... DEATH!!!!! :devil:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I run Gip in the back and Rin, Rudy, Spike and Karma in the front. It's a good mix of damage, buff reductions (for zombies) and Gip is an awesome SWK counter.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

So i am thinking i should pick Lee Jung and May.
According to the tier list they are used on all CR days, and i have the rest of the heroes mentioned. Well a hero in each category/combo at least.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I don't think any selectors have him yet unfortunately. 32 Pascal should still be pretty good with decent gear though.

Funny enough though it looks like a bunch of top Arena people are running Giparang right now for some reason. You just never know what those crazy people are up to!

If your opponent is light on buff removal, Gip is awesome because he can win you fights by plinking their last survivor to death in zombie mode. Or if they're not running Sieg, Pascal removes Spike's CC protection and then Gip says Hi, you're all stunned. That's my only qualm with that revised Arena team -- Pascal is my only buff remover and he's on the squishy side for now. I hate to drop Yu Shin for Black Rose or DQ but it is an option.

As you noted, even 30 Pascal is certainly good. My tweaked team got past 2600 for the first time, so I can't argue with success.

At least I have jewels out the ying-yang after all these pumpkin runs. Yu Shin - Gip - BR/DQ - Eileene - SWK has been really reliable against Normal.

delfin fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Nov 11, 2016

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Karma is probably the best buff remover in the game.

The thing about Gip is that he hits so hard and has AoE that a lot of buff removers aren't a problem. He has to die and respawn before he can be removed, plus one of his abilities goes through guard. On top of all of this, he's a normal hero so you can get him to 40 easily. He's really stellar.

Edit: If you put him back row he'll avoid a lot of damage early on while he fishes it out.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Ineptitude posted:

I have a serious case of decision anxiety now with all the upcoming selectors
I currently have 6x 6* to use for synthesis, i have a 6* selector from the world 9 perfect quest and we have 3 upcoming 6* selectors and i have no idea what to use it all on.

You want something beyond the Selector List I assume? Like what modes to prioritize?
That's kind of tricky since there's a lot of overlap between modes. All of the modes are important of course, depending on what exactly you need. I'd probably put them, overall, in this order myself:
- Dailies and CR are important for Elementals which should be a very early priority obviously, but are always important.
- Raid gets you Weapons/Armor which is probably the second most important part of your character's build, especially Awoken gear.
- Tower of Abyss gets you 6* Accessory Selectors which can be massive game changers for any mode of course.
- World Boss gets you 6* Boss Jewels which have both higher base and sub stats than normal jewels, but the difference is pretty minor over normal 6*s honestly. (100 -> 130 ATK, 30 -> 34% Crit Damage, etc)
- PvP gets you Rubies and Topaz which are always useful for a bunch of stuff.
- Celestial Tower gets you random poo poo which is nice at the start of the game and stops being worth the effort at about Floor 121 where the progression turns into a vertical wall and the rewards don't improve at all. Also Gold Chamber is a waste of time at that point.

But obviously some of those modes require you to focus them to be able to do well (PvP especially), and some are very general (Abyss you just need a ton of really built up units).

quote:

For world boss i got like 4 points when i tried it, which is below pathetic.
I'm guessing that's probably Niu Mo Wang, whose gimmick you have to understand before you can even hurt him. While he has minions in front of him, he can't be damaged normally. His Minions are only effected by piercing skills, and if you hit one without a piercing attack they will suicide and wipe your characters. So you absolutely need characters with AOE Pierce, preferably two of them since he can respawn his minions pretty quickly sometimes. I use Karma and Jave, you can also use Ruri, and I guess Teo works too?

Beyond that, for Normal difficulty the bleed damage will do like 13k+ every tick so you basically have to have Spike to negate both the bleed and the Petrify. Otherwise, you can run Jake and pray I guess (is there really nobody who makes your team immune to Bleed?). But the boss is a massive crapshoot, even getting a couple turns of good hits in means you are doing very well.

So probably priority wise for NMW you need: Shane / Spike, Karma, Jave, Rachel, or alternatively Espada for DPS if you're desperate to live a little longer. Since you have Karma (and not Jave) maybe try and see if you can get a Ruri (you can farm her from 8-20 if you've got patience).

The other two are completely different of course. Rachel is required for all 3 world bosses. Xiao is essential for both ID and SW. Asura is for ID. Sieg for ID. Espada for SW. Alice for SW. It's kind of a huge mess.
So that probably would also answer who your next 7K selection should probably be (30 Rachel is Okay but you'd ideally want her 32).

quote:

For raids i am doing pretty ok, did the 1,1m HP Awakened raid without problems and can do 700k hp regular raids in 1 attempt.
For Raid/CR mostly just see the Selector guide and figure out what you're missing.
Every good Raid team has at least these 6 roles filled in: DPS, Magic Damage Reduction, Stun Immunity, Healing, All Damage Increase, Magic/Physical Damage Increase.
You can make lots of different combos of Raid setups depending on who your best DPSs are, as long as you've got those 6 things covered. I'll say Lee Jung is not a priority right now, because with Feng Yan buff coming he might take over the role of secondary DPS.

For Regular Raid, there's a point you'll reach with your team where your survivability will be Good Enough to survive the first 6 rounds with your whole team even against Lv99 dragons. You want to prioritize working on your Raid 1 team until it hits this point, then you can start to work on your Raid 2 team (other than still optimizing your primary DPS of course). For my setup, many of my guys are only Lv 36 or 32 and already can survive the 6 turns without even having great HP armor, just to give you a basic idea.

Awoken Raid is obviously a different story, since the Dragon's HP/Defense doesn't scale up nearly as fast as it's damage. Prioritizing Shane, Espada, and Karon to survive as long as possible is especially important. If you can't handle MAX Level Awoken Raid with a few keys, you can always stand to keep working on your Raid teams!

quote:

I also wouldn't mind getting better at CR, i only get 180-200ish points on most of them.
For CR again get that Shane everything she needs, max transcend, the best possible gear, the best jewels, and that Crit accessory. Meanwhile, make sure you have 6* ungeared unpowered versions of all the ailment resistant heroes (other than Stun of course), then prioritize Rachel, then Sieg, one of Dellons/Karma/Eileen, and then beyond that work on Lee Jung if you need some extra help on Rudy day (Ace+Karma works too but is a bit less optimal). Since you have Karma and Eileen (and not Rachel) you can lean on friend Rachel for the meanwhile, it's much less ideal to setup that way but it'll be Good Enough for now.

In terms of scoring for Castle Rush, it's all about passing the thresholds. Only your first run counts for Credits, and the score required to jump from 4->5 credits on Normal is going from 100k to 1m points. So you need some pretty big gains before you can start earning 5+ per day, and you need to break 5m to hit the max reward. Good news though: The Research Center bonus counts for Credits, so that provides you with a very substantial improvement to your CR score (hello Claw).

quote:

I do not have the following heroes i have seen mentioned a lot lately: Pascal, Lee Jung, Asura, Jake, Sieg, Xiao
I DO have: 6* Espada, Lina, Yui Nezha for heroes i have seen mentioned in the past but do not currently use in any teams.
I can take Victoria, Da Quiao, Daisy, May, Black Rose, Jupy to 6*

(For game changers i have Ace, Eileen, Karma)

TL;DR: I can take 3 new heroes i don't have to 32 and am thinking i should get better at world boss and castle rush

Definitely get Sieg and Xiao ASAP. You can use Ace instead of Sieg for CR and WB in the meanwhile, but Sieg is easier to level obviously and is important for Raid. Asura is just for Iron Devourer (though she can make a pretty decent healer for raid too). Pascal is PvP only obviously. Jake is a pass right now IMO, I'm still playing with him for other stuff (like ID) but right now I'm not seeing a whole lot of use for him. Lee Jung is a specialty unit (mostly for Rudy day now it seems) but the nice thing is he's Earth elemental so he's easy to work on.

Espada is obviously essential for Raid and WB so she's a good priority. Will be extra good if you can setup a magic offense team for Raid in the future (Feng / Rin, Lina, Sieg, Espada).
Yui is for Dellons CR. Nezha isn't for much of anything right now (kind of okay for PvP but only if she's super duper swole).

Victoria is for Eileen CR obviously, you can gear her up if you want (instead of using Eileen) but I prefer to just let her die and bring in friend Eileen (does more damage anyway).
Daisy is a pass (use Bai Jiao or Rin instead for Raid in you need to). May is a pass (use friend Rachel for CR). Pass on DQ, BR, and Jupy for the time being.

tl;dr version for 6* Selectors: Shane, Karon, Espada, Sieg, Xiao are all very high priority, then maybe the specifics like Asura, Lee Jung, Pascal, Ruri, and any Ailment immunity guys you don't have yet.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Fenris13 posted:

I finally got Pascal today from a random fusion(and back to back full raid gear rewards from raids, so lucky night) and I am not sure how to gear him. I feel like even with double HP his survivability after his VS drops is limited, but I am not sure if he makes a great candidate for counter armor, or If i should do hp/block, and a block gem to try to give him some post vs survivability.

I've seen high end players using both Counter/Counter and HP/HP so I have no idea honestly. Seems like more have him on HP, I guess to just give him an extra chance or two to get a skill off.

Clawtopsy posted:

i am pretty much going to pour all the 6* selectors into making Espada a total champ

nurse of......... DEATH!!!!! :devil:

She's getting at least one for me since she needs 32 so badly, debating on if she needs more or not. Probably Sieg getting one, Pascal maybe getting one, Xiao getting my 4* (nothing else to do with Fire right now). Beyond that, who knows. Gonna wait and see if Feng Yan ends up good or not.

delfin posted:

If your opponent is light on buff removal, Gip is awesome because he can win you fights by plinking their last survivor to death in zombie mode. Or if they're not running Sieg, Pascal removes Spike's CC protection and then Gip says Hi, you're all stunned. That's my only qualm with that revised Arena team -- Pascal is my only buff remover and he's on the squishy side for now. I hate to drop Yu Shin for Black Rose or DQ but it is an option.

I was talking about the guys on the top of the Arena ranking specifically in that case. He's definitely still a pretty solid hero overall, but a lot of top players are still running setups like Rin/Pascal/Karma/Teo/Spike, which still leaves them with 3x Buff Reducers. But I suppose with DQ pretty much gone, Immortals are actually a bit less squishy than they used to be. And as you say, since Pascal has 100% Lethal he's likely to use Titan before Gip uses Aeolis, which means the stun CC is not out of the question at all.

Agoat posted:

Karma is probably the best buff remover in the game.

You could make an argument for any of Teo, Pascal, or Karma I think in terms of the buff reducing role specifically. But Karma's kinda just loving nuts across the board.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Is there a map from elements to heroes anywhere? Can't seem to find one, and I have a few lower-level elements lying around. Trying to figure out who I could use them on.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Not sure what exactly you mean, the elemental type you need to rank up a hero is the same as the hero's Type (so Offensive/Fire hero needs Fire elemental, etc).

Or if you mean which heroes to select based on what Elementals you have available? You can use the old Reddit guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/7kglobal/comments/4qw7in/selector_guide_updated/
It's a bit out of date though so maybe cross check it before you pick anyone up.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Not sure what exactly you mean, the elemental type you need to rank up a hero is the same as the heroes Type (so Offensive/Fire hero needs Fire elemental, etc).
Nope, did not realize that--makes sense, though. Thanks! I'll also take a look at the guide.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Actually to clean up the Reddit guide because it's way more out of date than I thought:

Offensive/Fire
- Shane, for your physical DPS role.
- Jupy, but only for her Awoken version, also for physical DPS role.

Support/Light
- Karon, for Raid. And then probably at least 2-3 Transcendence for him.
- Lina, for Raid 2.
- Karin, for her Awoken form in general, and Kris CR day.
- Yui for Dellons CR day as well as Storm Wing Raid. You might need two of her.

Defensive/Earth
- Jake, needed for Niu Mo Wang and Stormwing bosses.
- Hellenia, for her Awoken form which is practically required for making CR Hard safe.
- Evan, for his awoken form.

Magic/Water
- Feng Yan, magical DPS hero for Raid, WB, and CR.
- Espada, for Raid. And at least 1 Transcendence for her.
- Velika, for Raid, same idea.
- Pascal, useful for a bunch of random PvE modes.
- Yuri, for her Awoken form. Useful for PvP, Abyss, Adventure farming, and other stuff.
- Sera, needed for Niu Mo Wang boss.

Universal/Dark
- Sieg, for Raid, World Boss, CR.
- Victoria, for Eileen CR day.
- Lania, for Spike CR day. Leave her at 30.
- Asura, for Iron Devourer WB.
- Bai Jiao, if you don't have Jupy already. Good for Raid and CR for non-Jupy heroes.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Feb 24, 2017

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Am I the only one superstarved for fodder? Everyone's talking about fusing and transcending and I can't even manage to get my Rachel to 6* because there's nothing dropping. I have a shitload of elements, gold and time but there's no fodder to be had? Where/How do you guys get your plusses on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Farm Asgard during Hot Time on the weekends for tons of fodder drops. Hardest level you can, 7-9 is really super easy and you can do 1-4 ruby farming, or 7-10 for the Boss Monsters repeat quest. For 5-6* units you want to try and make the best use of Bean Cakes for doing fusions, since you get one everyday just make sure you use as many other big fodders along with them as you can.

I think World 8 Weekend is increased fodder drops as well, but I dunno if it's worth running for those outside of 8-20 maybe.

• Locked thread