Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

you: posting gifs and music links, drinking

me, an intellectual: Nite crew culture is pretty terrible and will inevitably metastasize into the cancer that kills this subforum. The one downside to the HillShill Toxx Amnesty is that it didn't permanently remove them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Nite crew culture is pretty terrible and will inevitably metastasize into the cancer that kills this subforum. The one downside to the HillShill Toxx Amnesty is that it didn't permanently remove them.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Plinkey posted:

None really, except that you get hyper advertising and spending on election in like 15 out of the 50 states, so the rest of the country feels super disenfranchised, why even go to Iowa/ND/SD/MT when it's got less votes the the NYC metro? "Real America" loses out.

Fair point. That does seem the only viable argument (though flawed).

E: Pam Bondi for AG?

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Johnny Joestar posted:

you: posting gifs and music links, drinking

me, an intellectual: Nite crew culture is pretty terrible and will inevitably metastasize into the cancer that kills this subforum. The one downside to the HillShill Toxx Amnesty is that it didn't permanently remove them.

hmmm yes what is this cspam? it seems very serious about political discussion to me. quite the hopping place! let me ensure i pen my posts very carefully to ensure optimal "debate" and "discussion"

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

crazy cloud posted:

Nite crew culture is pretty terrible and will inevitably metastasize into the cancer that kills this subforum. The one downside to the HillShill Toxx Amnesty is that it didn't permanently remove them.

:cthulhu::dance::goshawk:

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Who is this Robert Morrow fellow? Oh, an elected official!? What are his interests and political leanings

*TOP RESULTS: BIG ANIME TITTIES AND TRUMP IS A CHILD RAPIST*

Oh.... Oh my....

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

he/she is right

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I'm going to try to sleep for the 4 hours I have left. I am sad and angry about Portland. I feel that the Democrats really could do a lot of good for this country but they need to start from square one. They have completely failed us in their current format.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Slamhound posted:

Stipulating all of this, how or what exactly could Clinton have done or promised that would be different than what Trump promised? If the ACA needs massive reform, how do you express that in any way that's significantly different than "We're gonna replace it with something great…so great….it's gonna be the greatest thing…you're gonna love it..."

What specific jobs or industry would have returned besides "all of them?"

Basically, I'm going the long way around to asking what I asked earlier:

At a certain point, if you turn over your life savings to the Nigerian Prince-in-Exile, it's on you, not the annoying lady who thinks you should put some money in your savings account.

If you're telling the truth you can't, it's a hosed up system that needs reform but democrats are afraid to do that and upset the status quo. Or you come out like Bernie and pledge a single payer system/medicare for all under a certain income level/tax increase if you're over it or whatever system you can come up with.

Industry would be things like solar plants but they got a really bad wrap over the last 8 years so it was economically unfeasible, promising to build more nuclear power plants to get america off oil hurts your base because they are retarded.

If obama ran on ACA with the foresight that it would raise premiums for most people because of the details he'd never have gotten elected. What I'm saying is you lay out grand plans, then figure out how much you can do, which is exactly what Trump did, but there's a lot of bad poo poo that comes along with Trump from his stump speeches.

e: Obama was good at the 'hard pill to swallow' talk, but the country was in a literal crisis so it's different.

Plinkey fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Nov 11, 2016

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/dril/status/796968484483825664

im glad national treasure dril survived the election

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Yes. What is the advantage of keeping the EC compared to a simple majority national referendum for POTUS?

Needs a constitutional amendment

Little states probs won't like it

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Make this the background of d&d.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Yinlock posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/796968484483825664

im glad national treasure dril survived the election

hillary clinton got pissed on execution style :q: :thurman:

a.lo posted:

he/she is right

its true. :rip:

everything comes to an end

death is certain

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fair point. That does seem the only viable argument (though flawed).

E: Pam Bondi for AG?

Yeah, the EC is a hold over from a states right kind of thinking.

kibaces
Jul 11, 2016

Idiot Kicker posted:

I'm going to try to sleep for the 4 hours I have left. I am sad and angry about Portland. I feel that the Democrats really could do a lot of good for this country but they need to start from square one. They have completely failed us in their current format.

what happened in portland?
also nite crew has to die blah blah hillary toxx also some Vs instead of Us

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Man Musk posted:

Needs a constitutional amendment

Little states probs won't like it

Is the weighting of the EC adjusted and if so how often?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Idiot Kicker posted:

im sad and angry its taking portland this long to reach ANARCHY!!!!!!!!

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ever 10 years I think, in line with the census. Right now if you live in NH you have like a 10:1 voting power than someone in CA/DC

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The EC is the sum total of Congressional Reps + Senators + 3 extra for DC, partitioned by state.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

come death there is life

a ship lost at sea

holds crowns for kings

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

a helpful bear posted:

Who is this Robert Morrow fellow? Oh, an elected official!? What are his interests and political leanings

*TOP RESULTS: BIG ANIME TITTIES AND TRUMP IS A CHILD RAPIST*

Oh.... Oh my....

Rob Morrow was right :colbert:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

the best part about this laugh is it is looks also like a deep cry of despair

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

kibaces posted:

Idiots who are only helping Trump and Co.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the laughing lady spent much of the election getting free headlines from the clinton camp to publish and she did, btw

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

It was also seen as a firewall against the public but it hasn't been that since like right after the civil war i think

"Because the role of the president was so important, most of the framers thought that the people couldn't be trusted to elect the president directly. Instead, they should elect electors, who would convene as a "college of electors" to consider the available candidates and pick the best man for the job."

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

exquisite tea posted:

The EC is the sum total of Congressional Reps + Senators + 3 extra for DC, partitioned by state.

counterpoint: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/266038556504494082

:shepface:

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

kibaces posted:

small riot

TV news says that they were self-identified """"anarchists""""

you know, the type that were in the 1999 Seattle WTO protests

the ones that don't understand anarchy and just want to destroy poo poo

I hope they all get arrested so the protests can continue peacefully

that and goddamnit we were going to Powell's tomorrow and now I'm not sure I want to

kibaces
Jul 11, 2016
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/796900183955095552

No rigged no rigged
You're the rigger :smugdon:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
im stockpiling all my money and buying a house when the economy is destroyed again, or bernie sanders starts to save us, whichever comes first.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

It's based off Reps + Senators

So

Not until they increase Reps by Congress action: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apportionment_Act_of_1911

Constitution itself gives Congress the power to set the # and allocation of Reps

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

This is a pretty good primer:

http://www.learnnc.org/lp/media/lessons/davidwalbert7232004-02/electoralcollege.html

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

anime was right posted:

im stockpiling all my money and buying a house when the economy is destroyed again, or bernie sanders starts to save us, whichever comes first.

shoot, where did i bury that gold in my backyard...

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

anime was right posted:

I did that in 2008 :getin:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

kibaces posted:

Anti-Trump rioting.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
portland presently
https://www.facebook.com/airwreckdale

there was a crazier feed by a local news station but it died when the cops advanced against the people throwing garbage can lids at them

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

kibaces posted:

https://twitter.com/itsmikebivins/status/796949155637661696

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Step into my office, the office of weed and Roxy Music

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

jesus that's a lot of people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Republicans going to have to claim mandate now.

• Locked thread