Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm now in full agreement with the people that said the first 20 hours of FF13 was the best bit.

I always thought it was the opposite where people said they liked the Gran Pulse and beyond more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Jay Rust posted:

You know, I'm replaying Dishonored 1 (having never beaten it) and the writing is pretty bad. Maybe it's just the voice acting but it's like the flattest thing

I always thought the cutscene dialogue in Dishonored was pretty weak. They are far better at expressing story through gameplay and secondary exposition.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That tv show ruled, it's a shame people weren't ready to accept how goofy it was.

I hate that other awful serious one they made in the 2000s, where they loving wrecked the suit cuz their stupid actor was too short to fit in it, so they sawed the loving legs off.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Skeezy posted:

Where in FL bud?

Orlando, I'm gonna hang out with friends at a bunch of resorts including just outside the Islands of Adventure and several places around Disney World

Anyways I'm now here inside my hotel room. Flying in the sky really does make you feel that much smaller in the grand scheme of things

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

You know, I'm replaying Dishonored 1 (having never beaten it) and the writing is pretty bad. Maybe it's just the voice acting but it's like the flattest thing

Dishonored's character writing is really bland. It shines in its environmental storytelling though

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FanaticalMilk posted:

You should try X4 if you haven't already, it's my favorite Mega Man game, and one of my favorite platformers of all time!

Mega Mans that let you play as Zero are pretty fun imo. Uh, mostly

though to be honest the presence of Dynamo's theme has a lot to do with my affection for X6

HotSoapyBeard posted:

It's Luna so I guess not that wild but I don't think her mum would've been happy unless it was really traditional

Luna's a lovely name!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
gently caress the yellow devil

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Does anybody know if there are any purple New 3DS deals for black friday?

I'm looking to somehow try to get a New 3ds for my fiancee for christmas and I doubt I'm gonna be able to do it, but if I somehow *do* manage to do it, I'd like to try to get a purple one for her so she can use it to do New 3DS stuff and I figure people in here might have heard of some deals. I know about the $99 black or white ones but she isn't a fan of those colors and designs.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Orlando, I'm gonna hang out with friends at a bunch of resorts including just outside the Islands of Adventure and several places around Disney World

Anyways I'm now here inside my hotel room. Flying in the sky really does make you feel that much smaller in the grand scheme of things

Ahh heck man that rules. Want to be in Orlando right now for sure, I'm over in Miami. Would love to hit the parks tbh.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

You should play Mega Man X Command Mission because it owns

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Lizard Wizard posted:

You should play Mega Man X Command Mission because it owns

it's essentially FFX with Mega Man X characters and the music is pretty good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnbY4h0FhQs

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Holy poo poo I am playing Final Fantasy XV. New demo out on Japan PSN and it's the demo footage we've been seeing.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

it's essentially FFX with Mega Man X characters and the music is pretty good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnbY4h0FhQs

Who's Tidus and who's Yuna in this analogy

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I've never played Command Mission but despite the fact it looked cool I have also never seen goons say anything positive about it. It's good that at least somebody liked it.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

I said come in! posted:

Holy poo poo I am playing Final Fantasy XV. New demo out on Japan PSN and it's the demo footage we've been seeing.

everything you've been experiencing for the last 48 hours is an elaborate simulation, including the existence of a game product called "final fantasy xv"

here on earth-1, final fantasy versus 13 was just delayed until winter 2022

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Here's a literal transcription of a conversation between two guards in dishonoured 1:

"Boy, the guy Corvo was sent to kill sure is eeeeeevil, isn't he?"
"Yup!"
"Yikes!"

Wow!

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

glam rock hamhock posted:

I've never played Command Mission but despite the fact it looked cool I have also never seen goons say anything positive about it. It's good that at least somebody liked it.

I never finished it but it was decent enough. I'm not really someone to talk to if you want to know about the nuances of the battle system or whatever, though.

Also there's GBA connectivity! It's kinda lame but kinda neat, like most GBA connectivity.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Jay Rust posted:

Here's a literal transcription of a conversation between two guards in dishonoured 1:

"Yup!"
"Yikes!"

Wow!

Should we gather for whiskey and cigars tonight?

Yes, I believe so.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Any news from the other provinces?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Looper posted:

Who's Tidus and who's Yuna in this analogy

X and Zero obviously.

Jesus, it's like you never read a fanfic.

Command Mission kinda blows, to be honest. It's a very competently-made but boring game, and the story is just nothing.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
X4 was the only Mega Man game with an interesting plot point.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

X4 was the only Mega Man game with an interesting plot point.

Yeah, pull the other one.

But really, a Mega Man game doesn't need all that much plot. It's just that a JRPG kinda does, and the writers just couldn't bring the goods in Command Mission's case.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Dishonored looks fun and I hope I will get to play it some day >:]

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm not saying the overall plot was good but the stuff revealed at the end of Zero's campaign was honestly a pretty cool as far as plot in those types of games go.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://meh.com/

They've got an irish stout beer brewing kit

That seems pretty neat, idk if that's a good deal or not tho and idk if that's a good quality thing or not

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
I've been out of town since Tuesday so now that I'm home I need to know if there's a game where I can destroy this garbage country

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Does FF15 still have swordguns, the answer to this question is extremely important to whether or not I buy the videogame

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I'm not saying the overall plot was good but the stuff revealed at the end of Zero's campaign was honestly a pretty cool as far as plot in those types of games go.

You mean the stuff we already knew from Mega Man X2?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Mordja posted:

Should we gather for whiskey and cigars tonight?

Yes, I believe so.

"Fancy a trip to the Botanical Gardens?"

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

FirstAidKite posted:

https://meh.com/

They've got an irish stout beer brewing kit

That seems pretty neat, idk if that's a good deal or not tho and idk if that's a good quality thing or not

They exaggerate the complexity and workload involved by doing it yourself. You really don't need anything more than a big plastic barrel, a lid with an airlock, a length of hose and a bunch of empty bottles. And the ingredients obviously, but those are sold in sets everywhere. The only thing that takes a bit of research, is how much sugar the yeast you have can take. Too little, and you don't get enough alcohol. Too much and the alcohol kills off the yeast before it eats all the sugar, meaning you're left with a strong beer + sugar mix which can taste extremely nasty.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Thankfully alcohol is a scale of "most nasty tasting" to "most slightly bearable tasting" followed by an instant jump to the absolute extreme of "you can't even taste the alcohol in this", so nasty tasting alcohol is not all that bad.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Lurdiak posted:

Command Mission kinda blows, to be honest. It's a very competently-made but boring game, and the story is just nothing.

That's basically why I mostly enjoyed my time with it but didn't finish it, yeah.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

X and Zero obviously.

Jesus, it's like you never read a fanfic.

Who's Axl??

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://youtu.be/2u6HTG8LuXQ

Mark Brown discusses what makes Nintendo's approach to games different.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Jay Rust posted:

"Yup!"
"Yikes!"

Wow!

Ah, the EDF method of writing assembling dialog.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Man Ratchet & Clank is crazy good looking.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Anyone got Tyranny and running it on an older laptop? I kinda assume it will run okay on our 3-year-old laptop but I really don't want any more surprise bad news this week. I wish there was a demo, but at least Steam will refund it if it doesn't run =\

e: patch outta nowhere for This War of Mine with new characters and locations, also apparently Amazon Prime members now get free games every month and TWoM is this month's game

precision fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Nov 11, 2016

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

In line at Toys backwards "R" Us to get a goddamn plug and play console.

yayyyyy

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

precision posted:

e: patch outta nowhere for This War of Mine with new characters and locations, also apparently Amazon Prime members now get free games every month and TWoM is this month's game

Oh that's what the patch was for? Cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Jonas Albrecht posted:

In line at Toys backwards "R" Us to get a goddamn plug and play console.

yayyyyy

did they come out and confirm how many they have and if you'd get one because um

• Locked thread