Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Suddenly I started hearing a voice repeating in my head.

So... the "market" is already factoring in a 20% discount over all assets. That's 20% the whales have lost already that they are never going to recover outside of a refund. This game is going places. :grin:

e:
https://i.imgur.com/8dnvCQ2.mp4

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Nov 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Just finished single player CoD:IW, and I saw TWO, count them TWO guys sweeping the floor with brooms.
Granted its not mopping, but Chris just has to have THREE guys mopping somewhere to beat EA.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

anyone know what the hell this is all about ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFNNBxwHZOU

Well, I'd say good for them to find friends over a mutual interest... if not for the massive trainwreck that brought them together.
Honestly though, if some of them stay friends when SC is officially buried, that's probably the only positive thing to come out of this besides stricter rules for crowd funding.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

MeLKoR posted:

Sadly, it's not to be.

You could say he...

... chickened out! :rimshot:

:negative:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Look at this loser with his low polycount demo. And paving stones? PAVING STONES??? Those lack the FIDELITY for a space game. And those steps, are they animated in ANY way at all? And do you have PUBES??? YES??!!! No job for you SIR good day SIR.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

You just can't expect majestic posters like SilentRuin to :justpost: here like any other idiot goon.

SilentRuin needs to be untethered and free to majestically post across the wilds of the internet, uninhibited by the tiny box that is SomethingAwful.com.

Damn Dirty Ape fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Nov 11, 2016

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

99% of posts in that sub are [WTS], and most have no replies. Many of them are offering discounts.

moma, chase that refund buddy because you're not going to be able to sell on the grey market, that poo poo is dead and time is running out.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

Tippis posted:

I would so love it to be EA for all kinds of reasons, but unfortunately, even they are far too smart for that.
Konami, maybe? To really get back into the business after that unfortunate incident with an auteur designer who refused to finish his game. :D

They'll find a Japanese investor using Ben's star power. They'll surely recognize American Fat Guy #1 from whatever hit TV show he was on.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

Suddenly I started hearing a voice repeating in my head.

So... the "market" is already factoring in a 20% discount over all assets. That's 20% the whales have lost already that they are never going to recover outside of a refund. This game is going places. :grin:

gently caress that. 30% or no deal.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_trades/comments/5cbjhx/wtb_1100_rsi_70_inclusive_of_paypal_fees/

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Nov 11, 2016

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

EightAce posted:

It's about 21 minutes long, so no loving way am I watching it.

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

EightAce posted:

https://testsquadron.com/donate/

What a community.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.

EightAce posted:

Just a bunch of friendships built on a lie

Also those flappy fuckin cuffs lol

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

This is amazing. Not just because it's a sign that the grey market is dead, but that there are still people stupid enough to spunk the best part of $1k on this worthless poo poo.

What's the thought process here? You see that the grey market is finished, and rather than concluding it's because the bubble has burst and the game is never coming out, you use it as an opportunity to buy this crap at a reduced cost. What's your endgame, pal? Think you're gonna make a profit with this investment, or dumb enough to believe that Star Citizen is still going to be finished and this spend is going to give you a heads-up in the 'verse?

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Propagandist posted:

Also look at this bun

Never stop posting buns friend

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

My wife is asking how I lost 30% of our life savings. Is it too early to blame trump? I don't want her to be mad at Chris or to a lesser degree, myself.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I think they used alpha in non-roberts terms

where that section of gameplay (3.0) is nearly feature complete and ready for external testing

anything you're seeing in SC right now would be a very, very early WIP build and nowhere near an actual alpha

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

alphabettitouretti posted:

This is amazing. Not just because it's a sign that the grey market is dead, but that there are still people stupid enough to spunk the best part of $1k on this worthless poo poo.

What's the thought process here? You see that the grey market is finished, and rather than concluding it's because the bubble has burst and the game is never coming out, you use it as an opportunity to buy this crap at a reduced cost. What's your endgame, pal? Think you're gonna make a profit with this investment, or dumb enough to believe that Star Citizen is still going to be finished and this spend is going to give you a heads-up in the 'verse?
That's every market collapse. When people SELL SELL SELL in a panic there's usually someone willing to BUY BUY BUY because they think they're savvy investors getting a great deal. My econ professor liked to point that on Black Monday, the day of the 1929 stock market crash that kicked off the Great Depression, more than 16 million shares were sold - and every one of those shares was bought by someone.

Heck, "buy on the dips" is often touted as a solid stock-picking strategy.

People don't all figure everything out simultaneously. Someone has to be the last person to leave the room, or be left holding the bag.

FMguru fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Nov 11, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I refuse to believe that CIG can acquire more funding from other source. What bank/investor would be this loving dumb

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sum Mors posted:

They'll find a Japanese investor using Ben's star power. They'll surely recognize American Fat Guy #1 from whatever hit TV show he was on.

Ben is going to be big in Japan.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

TheAgent posted:

I think they used alpha in non-roberts terms

where that section of gameplay (3.0) is nearly feature complete and ready for external testing

anything you're seeing in SC right now would be a very, very early WIP build and nowhere near an actual alpha

Ah you see, but that is precisely and literally roberts-speak (14:20): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWWhhg56IoM&feature=youtu.be&t=859

So, if that is actual Alpha, then what is this poo poo? https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15471-Star-Citizen-Alpha-25-Available

The plot thickens...

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Nov 11, 2016

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I refuse to believe that CIG can acquire more funding from other source. What bank/investor would be this loving dumb
ones who are willing to give you super high interest rates or high ROI

might as well take em, SC/SQ42 is going to be an amazing billion dollar+ franchise, it can't fail, they are so close accomplishing the impossible

*solemnly nods in agreement while coiling duct tape around his balls*

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Cao Ni Ma posted:

In this post Trump world, anything is possible.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

e: gently caress, am I the only only that once in a while gets this poo poo "blob:ht_tps://imgur.com/da372de1-3886-4f8e-af24-01a2edc16bb7" instead of the link when uploading images?

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Nov 11, 2016

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

MedicineHut posted:

Ah you see, but that is precisely and literally roberts-speak (14:20): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWWhhg56IoM&feature=youtu.be&t=859

The plot thickens...
lol

back in 2014 when hope was still alive and roberts still held onto a shred of being an actual manager

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Xaerael posted:

Look at this loser with his low polycount demo. And paving stones? PAVING STONES??? Those lack the FIDELITY for a space game. And those steps, are they animated in ANY way at all? And do you have PUBES??? YES??!!! No job for you SIR good day SIR.

gently caress you chris your atmosphere demo didn't even have ground textures you BULLY

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

MeLKoR posted:

Holy poo poo, is this guy for real? Seriously?
It's bizarrely common for angry internet people to write like they're Final Fantasy villains.

Lladre posted:

Yeah I remember hooking doors up to switches back in the original Duke Nukem level creator (Made a pretty cool airport level). Pretty sure Doom had it as well but I just don't recall making any.
Yeah, switches opening doors was a thing in Doom. It's a pretty common thing that is also nice to have. You could even make it so that you needed a keycard to press the switch! Strangely enough, this didn't result in the switch being called Switches 2.0. I guess Romero and Carmack didn't know anything about game development back then.

The Titanic posted:

Edit save:

Doom Marine saves the bunny actually. :3:
Kurashiki's Doom fanart is the best Japanese Doom fanart. Not that there's an enormous amount of competition there.

Xaerael posted:

Maybe I'm thinking of a later version. TBF this is memories from what, 1992-ish?
Wolf3D was tile-based, had no triggers outside of Doors and pushwalls, and the only switch ended the level. I don't think that changed in the "remake" done for SNES, Mac, Jaguar etc...

keycard taxxe

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

alphabettitouretti posted:

People bought MtGox coins at a discounted rate. There is always an idiot that thinks he's smarter than everybody else.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

MeLKoR posted:

e: gently caress, am I the only only that once in a while gets this poo poo "blob:ht_tps://imgur.com/da372de1-3886-4f8e-af24-01a2edc16bb7" instead of the link when updating to imgur?
Refresh the page after the upload completes, then get the link.

Has CIG's lead engine programmer always had grey hair?

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

e: gently caress, am I the only only that once in a while gets this poo poo "blob:ht_tps://imgur.com/da372de1-3886-4f8e-af24-01a2edc16bb7" instead of the link when updating to imgur?

blob

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Decrepus posted:

My wife is asking how I lost 30% of our life savings. Is it too early to blame trump? I don't want her to be mad at Chris or to a lesser degree, myself.

Don't worry commando, she will surely change her mind when you show her everything 2.6 has in store for her and her lady friends to do like shopping and dress-ups

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Decrepus posted:

Well you know honey, with the slump in oil prices and then Brexit, and Trump and the SQ42 delay our 401k kind of took a hit. But don't worry about it, I moved it all to Bitcoin now.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Cao Ni Ma posted:

It happens more often than you can imagine due to banks hiring people who aren't very good at assessing risk. My partner's job is basically to handle loans that go sideways to either fix or get them out of the bank which after the 2007 recession has been a rather busy market.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This guy gets it, is distracted by the :spergin: but gets it.

quote:

We saw in todays AtV room tech for atmospheres that is just beginning, when we were shown a demo of windows being blown out and emergency shutters being closed what, a year or two ago now? And we have it confirmed that the current PU uses cheats - there is not an internal air volume, and separate external volume of space. No wonder CIG has kept Sound in Space - it's still using distance from origin, rather than checking whether the sound is made in a vaccuum, partially pressurized room, or normal atmosphere: they have sound in space because they have not even defined space as 'space' yet.

This game is literally years from completion.

And it only took official confirmation of the obvious, good job CIG.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Nov 11, 2016

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

trucutru posted:

Uurrr, I think you'll find that it's all underwater anyway so there.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

FMguru posted:

That's every market collapse. When people SELL SELL SELL in a panic there's usually someone willing to BUY BUY BUY because they think they're savvy investors getting a great deal. My econ professor liked to point that on Black Monday, the day of the 1929 stock market crash that kicked off the Great Depression, more than 16 million shares were sold - and every one of those shares was bought by someone.

Heck, "buy on the dips" is often touted as a solid stock-picking strategy.

People don't all figure everything out simultaneously. Someone has to be the last person to leave the room, or be left holding the bag.

…or to use the by now standard point of comparison for SC: when Enron was on its last legs and the former $80 stock was going for less than $20 and trending down, people bought it like crazy. In particular, Enron-insiders.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
The Discount Sale stuff has been great, they should have had a code name for it and I have a suggestion for a suitable name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmpONxJ7JSw

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

lol

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

trucutru posted:

That idiot has obviously never seen Wing Commander the movie to know how important it is to be quiet in space.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Karl isn't worried, as long as CIG don't sell the 890 Jump again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

He's breathing heavily. I think their engine coder might take the last secrets to his grave.:smith:

• Locked thread