Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Pie charts are legitimately poo poo for more than two or maybe three segments. Bar charts are right to mock them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I mean yeah, UKIP blew their wad and immediately jumped poo poo, but they were rising bigly until then. I'd say that the same could hypothetically happen to Trump, in a world where hope still lived.

UKIP is a one-issue party. They won. They have pretty much nothing more to do, so it's normal they're deflating like a cold soufflé.

If the British Parliament nixes Brexit, UKIP will be reinvigorated, though. You can be sure of it.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Angepain posted:

Pie charts are legitimately poo poo for more than two or maybe three segments. Bar charts are right to mock them.

Oh wow.

Mods??

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

PKJC posted:

Really we need some kind of Secretary of Zoos and just shove Newt in that position. He'd be happy, he'd probably actually try to do good things. It's honestly really weird to see pictures of Newt with animals, knowing how vile he is, because he goes from hog jowled hatemonger to kid in candy store. If only he had gone into veterinary medicine or something and never been within 1000 miles of DC. :smith:

Washington DC, 20[DATE REDACTED]

Gingrich clutches his chest and falls to the floor.
"Harambe"
A head of lettuce rolls from his hands

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Period of PROBATION ended, Trump can post again.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/796900183955095552

Tei fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Nov 11, 2016

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Can't wait for his tweets when other world leaders don't treat him as he thinks they should.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Can't wait for his tweets when other world leaders don't treat him as he thinks they should.

they'll be very, very polite and accomodating

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm in disbelief about this

He's not saying "hey everyone please do not commit hate crimes in my name"

He's not even saying "Dear protesters, I understand your concerns but I promise I will represent your interests and be the best president ever #MAGA"

The President-Elect of the US is whining on Twitter about the fact that people are protesting him. :psyduck: Everything he does is baffling.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

It's going to be amazing when someone gets into a flame war with the literal president of the US. I know Obama was on twitter too but he was all statesman-y and restrained in that "what percentage of your posts are actually made by you personally" kind of way, Trump's gonna be subtweeting drama or whatever and it's going to be surreal

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

please never take the twitter away from him again

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Someone should repost his 2012 tweets from right after the election.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I, did he honestly think the job came with unconditional love or something?
:psyduck:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ambitious Spider posted:

Citizen Kane references are starting to suggest themselves here

"I'm Donald John Trump. Whatever you want - just name it and it's yours! Only love me!"

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"Very unfair"? Hahaha Donald Trump was actually Calimero all along!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Nine hours later, literally back to back on the feed:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/797034721075228672

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Fulchrum posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_gubernatorial_elections,_2018

Lists the likely Dems up to fill Kasich's shoes. Find who you like best, get in touch. God speed.

It's not just the governor's race though. I want to make drat certain that Sherrod Brown doesn't end up like Russ Feingold did. But yeah, it's a start. Well, the start is at the local level, but I get the point.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Ambitious Spider posted:

Yes.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Political Cartoons 2016: while every cloud has a silver lining it could be radioactive

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Technowolf posted:

most of this stuff is brutally cringey.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

It's a dick. :dong:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

I'm surprised he didn't draw Beetle Bailey.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

most of this stuff is brutally cringey.

To be fair, a very large swath of America has been cringing non-stop since the election was called.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Oh gently caress off. This is the left wing version of "Obama taking our guns and instituting sharia law!!!" This isn't the first time the Republicans have ever been in power and some of these are god drat ridiculous. Banning vaccines? Get the gently caress out of here.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Yup Trump is going to ban food stamps and make the bible mandatory in schools this will totally happen

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

A.... Good Cartoon? I'm seriously surprised to see this from loving Ramirez of all people. Even if he couldn't bring himself to do something positive on Trump, I'd at least expect something negative about Hillary instead.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
A pretty tame Kelly:

Hi and Lois did it years ago:

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Taciturn Tactician posted:

This is the left wing version of "Obama taking our guns and instituting sharia law!!!"

Except these are things Republicans openly admit they want to do, Obama doesn't really want to take your guns and definitely doesn't want to institute sharia law. Whether they succeed or not isn't the issue, the fact that those are things they would do given the chance is bad enough.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

It's your party and your base, you meddled with forces beyond your comprehension or control, you own this you fuckstain

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Jigsaw posted:

A.... Good Cartoon? I'm seriously surprised to see this from loving Ramirez of all people. Even if he couldn't bring himself to do something positive on Trump, I'd at least expect something negative about Hillary instead.

Now that he doesn't have to play favorites Ramirez is free to spend the next 4-8 years bemoaning the decline of his once great party. We'll probably see an increase in that soon enough

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Maybe we will see DEBT mountains and DEBT hurricanes and DEBT cars careening off DEBT cliffs.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

DarklyDreaming posted:

Now that he doesn't have to play favorites Ramirez is free to spend the next 4-8 years bemoaning the decline of his once great party. We'll probably see an increase in that soon enough

The next four years will probably be filled with Ramirez cartoons I agree with...I don't know how I feel about that.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Starshark posted:

Maybe we will see DEBT mountains and DEBT hurricanes and DEBT cars careening off DEBT cliffs.

Im thinking an enormous, overly detailed golden throne, tiny trump sitting in it wearing huge oversize crown that says "THE KING OF DEBT"

I think trump will be tiny in all political cartoons

edit: or the throne is on a big indistinct pile of rubble labeled debt, crown just says "the king", that seems more insulting to the readers intelligence because of course he's a king he has a loving crown ramirez you hack

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Nov 11, 2016

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The next four years will probably be filled with Ramirez cartoons I agree with...I don't know how I feel about that.

Nah, even when he's calling trump a dickhead he'll probably find a way to be sorta right in the worst possible way, like Ted Rall in the opposite direction

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Inspector Hound posted:

Im thinking an enormous, overly detailed golden throne, tiny trump sitting in it wearing huge oversize crown that says "THE KING OF DEBT"

I think trump will be tiny in all political cartoons

edit: or the throne is on a big indistinct pile of rubble labeled debt, crown just says "the king", that seems more insulting to the readers intelligence because of course he's a king he has a loving crown ramirez you hack

Except Toles because his Trump has just been steadily expanding

is there a limit??? WHO KNOWS

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Shugojin posted:

Except Toles because his Trump has just been steadily expanding

is there a limit??? WHO KNOWS

only a few weeks until he gets larger than the panel itself, before long all we'll ever see is one section of a vaguely trumpish series of horizontal lines

Anti-Citizen
Oct 24, 2007
As You're Playing Chess, I'm Playing Russian Roulette
"My agent made me draw this and is making me post it."

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Ramirez is a shill first and foremost. His base doesn't read his comics when they're happy with the overall situation. He needs to remind them that they should feel shame about it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Eh! Frank posted:

Except these are things Republicans openly admit they want to do, Obama doesn't really want to take your guns and definitely doesn't want to institute sharia law. Whether they succeed or not isn't the issue, the fact that those are things they would do given the chance is bad enough.

Please indicate to me where the Republican party has suggested banning vaccines because I fail to see how that isn't the same hysteria as "mild gun control laws = taking all our guns"

• Locked thread