Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Venom Snake posted:

CTR's reach is vastly overstated and if anything needed far more money and support because they were one of the few forces pushing a "Hillary good" message instead of "Trump bad"

Wasn't it CTR that made Bernie Bros?

Cus if so I think they had enough influence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

also in around 1-2 years articles will come out about how the biggest victim of obamacare repeal are trump voters

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Covok posted:

So, how is the Phillipines doing? Because, that's what we will be soon.

Several thousand extra judicial killings. Basically government approved kill squads roaming the country. Fun!

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Serf posted:

"too bad Paul Ryan had to cancel Medicare because of that damned Obama!"

prepare for this, friend

Oh he already said it. In his little interview he said "Obamacare has weakened medicare so cuts are definitely on the table"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

docbeard posted:

I think what it comes down to is that the core message needs to shift from "you're ignorant and wrong" to "you have been lied to".

Yo if Ellison lays down some "Y'ALL BEEN LIED TO. BAMBOOZLED. HOODWINKED" science to the party I'm game.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

docbeard posted:

I think what it comes down to is that the core message needs to shift from "you're ignorant and wrong" to "you have been lied to".

finding a compelling way of telling people this is admittedly very very hard

Serf
May 5, 2011

Typo posted:

also in around 1-2 years articles will come out about how the biggest victim of obamacare repeal are trump voters

haven't those articles already come out. like isn't this a known fact

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
I personally can't wait for everything in this country to be branded with solid gold TRUMP logos. TRUMP Presents: The Washington Monument (now gold). The TRUMP Museum of African-American History.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
On this Veterans' Day, let's join our president in saying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOfWErz5zB4

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Decius posted:

Several thousand extra judicial killings. Basically government approved kill squads roaming the country. Fun!

Sounds about right.

Welp, America was never great. Might as well kill everyone and make it great by ending it.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Serf posted:

haven't those articles already come out. like isn't this a known fact

the change is the one from future tense to present tense

Serf
May 5, 2011

at the end of history, Karl Marx will lean out of the shadows wearing an eyepatch and smoking a cigar

*solid snake voice*

kept you waiting, huh?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
"For those who have chosen not to support me in the past, of which there were a few people... I’m reaching out to you for your guidance and your help so that we can work together and unify our great country."

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/trump-teams-revenge-231222

quote:

“My phone is ringing off the hook with people who were on the outs asking how they can get into Trump world,” said one operative who worked with Trump’s campaign. “I’m telling them there is no f---ing way they’re getting inside.”

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013

Thanks comrade. I listened to that and looked at the clouds and now I'm relaxed

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

im coming around to the idea that besides being way more corrupt than usual a trump administration will just be the same bullshit as any other republican who controls all branches of government. which is pretty loving bad but not apocalyptic. i think trump is too incompetent and self centered to do any of the truly heinous poo poo he promised

the real damage may be deeper than that though. what does electing trump say about how far you can get by being an absolute piece of poo poo to everyone around you and showing zero empathy for anyone who doesnt immediately agree with you? donald trump is a horrible person who has time and time again profited at the expense of everyone else. he is a rapist, a liar, a thief, a racist, and in general just a horrible collection of all the worst human traits shaped into a disgusting visage. and instead of receiving any sort of comeuppance for that, he was rewarded by the american people with the most powerful job in the planet. all that awful poo poo is validated. all that poo poo is cool now because the president did it and what is a loser like you going to say to the loving president of the usa. its truly disgusting and scary and says some really bad poo poo about what we are and what we want

babypolis fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Nov 11, 2016

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/sheckyyoungman/status/796446256050491393?lang=en

Serf
May 5, 2011

now just imagine if we can get a good person who doesn't care what the deplorables say up for the candidacy

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

docbeard posted:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

babypolis posted:

im coming around to the idea that besides being way more corrupt than usual a trump administration will just be the same bullshit as any other republican who controls all branches of government. which is pretty loving bad but not apocalyptic. i think trump is too incompetent and self centered to do any of the truly heinous poo poo he promised

the real damage may be deeper than that though. what does electing trump say about how far you can get by being an absolute piece of poo poo to everyone around you and showing zero empathy for anyone who doesnt immediately agree with you? donald trump is a horrible person who has time and time again profited at the expense of everyone else. he is a rapist, a liar, a thief, a racist, and in general just a horrible collection of all the worst human traits shaped into a disgusting visage. and instead of receiving any sort of comeuppance for that, he was rewarded by the american people with the most powerful job in the planet. all that awful poo poo is validated. all that poo poo is cool now because the president did it and what is a loser like you going to say to the loving president of the usa. its truly disgusting and scary and says some really bad poo poo about what we are and what we want

It proves what was always known: "morality is a tool of the strong to oppress the weak. Something they ignore while we adhere to. The reality is there is no good and evil: only strong and weak. All that matters is that you win, not how you win. History never cares for the losers and, if you're a loser, you don't matter. Kill, backstab, betray, whatever you want: this world has no rules so get to it. You aren't evil, there is no evil: you are a winner."

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Serf posted:

this x1000

I've been just as guilty of this as lots of people I know

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”

― Mark Twain

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Typo posted:

And while the initial gut reaction will be smugness and schadenfreude, folks are going to have to accept that those people are in trouble, need help, and it's the duty of any mindful person to try to help them. Preferably by sending out waves of gay black transgendered aid workers and taco trucks running as mobile soup kitchens staffed by migrant families. Half the fight on social justice is just basic exposure so that they aren't working off a loving caricature some rear end in a top hat in a pillowcase costume planted in their head.

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013
Reminder that only 18% of the population voted for Trump.

The real problem is that proponents of white supremacy and authoritarianism will soon be in nearly total control of the most powerful state in world history.

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

Typo posted:

"Your wages have gone down, and the republicans want you to think that its because of migrants coming and in and taking your jobs, when that's not the truth, they are lying to you. What's actually happening is that more and more money is going to corporations that the Republicans support, they are not using this money to create jobs and invest in infrastructure in your communities, instead they are using it to line their pockets and the pockets of the Republican party. We are going to raise taxes on these corporations. We are going to take the taxes from these corporations, and start spending it where it belongs: in your community."

Not hard at all.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Plinkey posted:

This could have worked if there was a more coherent message on the fact that we're a post assembly line worker country, but that doesn't mean we can't manufacture things that are more technology oriented, better then a rest of the world...etc. Hell I think even if she focused on infrastructure more and educating the workforce for new jobs in technology based manufacturing she would have done way better in PA.

Also it's a campaign, promise the moon and the stars to get in, then do what you can to get poo poo done. Who cares if your plans won't ever actually happen. I think that was the big pull or Bernie in the primary and Trump through the whole election. America wants a grand idea, big plans and to at least try something new now.

This drove me nuts in the primary. She kept attacking Bernie for having wild plans that couldn't pass. But with Paul Ryan and the tea party running Congress none of her plans had any chance of passing either. So why not plan bigger?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Corny posted:

"Your wages have gone down, and the republicans want you to think that its because of migrants coming and in and taking your jobs, when that's not the truth, they are lying to you. What's actually happening is that more and more money is going to corporations that the Republicans support, they are not using this money to create jobs and invest in infrastructure in your communities, instead they are using it to line their pockets and the pockets of the Republican party. We are going to raise taxes on these corporations. We are going to take the taxes from these corporations, and start spending it where it belongs: in your community."

Not hard at all.

We're gonna build a bridge, and we're gonna make Texaco pay for it.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Corny posted:

Not hard at all.

that was 108 words which is 104 too many

Serf
May 5, 2011

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”

― Mark Twain

The ol' double-fool. We'll fool them back into being not fooled.

Bolton Hairy-Bore posted:

Reminder that only 18% of the population voted for Trump.

The real problem is that proponents of white supremacy and authoritarianism will soon be in nearly total control of the most powerful state in world history.

This is part of a trend of right-wing nationalism that is on the rise particularly in the west. Something fascist this way comes.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Typo posted:

Especially when they don't want to listen, so I think the message will come across loud and clear in like a year when they realize their taxes have gone up, their benefits in the form of food stamps and government assistance is removed, their medical coverage has been taken away and replaced with nothing, their jobs are NOT coming back and that what they railed against - wallstreet execs and establishment - have been promoted to the top.

It sucks but these people really, really need to feel the hurt under a Trump presidency for it to sink in. The poor whites that voted Trump in benefit most from entitlement programs and I'm sorry but if it comes down to those entitlement programs being removed so the nation understands how fortunate we are to have had them, then so be it. I know a lot of innocent people will suffer but it gives the collective communities an opportunity to begin outreach programs to help each other, whether that's in the form of food donation or charity events.

anyway that's my speech from my middle class white male tower thank you for listening

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

FAUXTON posted:

We're gonna build a mall, and we're gonna make Texaco pay for it.

Apparently its worked for Trump, might as well learn from it :goleft:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Covok posted:

So, how is the Phillipines doing? Because, that's what we will be soon.

We have such sights to show you

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

democrats need to run under the slogan Make America Great Again in 2020

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Epic High Five posted:

lol at the very least Trump is going to teach everybody that 401k's are a loving scam

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Corny posted:

Not hard at all.

Now imagine that this is coming out of the mouth of someone who you respect about as much as we respect, say... Alex Jones, and then measure your reaction.

You can't talk like this to someone who already thinks you don't have their best interests at heart.

Serf
May 5, 2011

babypolis posted:

that was 108 words which is 104 too many

Congratulations, We Played Ourselves

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Corny posted:

Not hard at all.

Boooooooring.

Build the Wall! Lock Her Up! Muslim Ban! Repeal and Replace!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
We have the GOP with absolute control of the government to do whatever horrible poo poo they want and it will be horrible. Trump obviously is the X-factor here; we don't yet know what horrible poo poo he will do but it will be in addition to the already horrible poo poo that is for sure comin' down that big sewage pipe dangling above your head

poo poo Is Certain *pic of sinister wizard cupping a tiny toilet emitting an otherworldly brown glow in his hand*

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

Inglonias posted:

Now imagine that this is coming out of the mouth of someone who you respect about as much as we respect, say... Alex Jones, and then measure your reaction.

You can't talk like this to someone who already thinks you don't have their best interests at heart.

Fair, I did in fact corn-cob myself here.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Corny posted:

Fair, I did in fact corn-cob myself here.

post-username combo

E: Ed Balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

i took a job w/ lower pay this year because they offer an honest to god no poo poo pension plan

• Locked thread