Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Serf
May 5, 2011

Corny posted:

Fair, I did in fact corn-cob myself here.

post-username combo

E: Ed Balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

i took a job w/ lower pay this year because they offer an honest to god no poo poo pension plan

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The article is old, but just a reminder:
https://twitter.com/liamstack/status/797076800727875584

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
If you really want to disrupt the system, stop paying taxes, go off the grid, work cash-only jobs.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Typo posted:

also in around 1-2 years articles will come out about how the biggest victim of obamacare repeal are trump voters

those same people are the biggest victims of the healthcare industry tho, it's just hard to figure out who to blame, and obamacare==health insurance==healthcare in a lot of people's minds.

granted things would be much worse for them if the aca never existed and so much worse than when the aca is repealed but it's horrifically bad for them.

like you have people that are getting injured at work and going to a doctor and rather than prescribe physical therapy to help deal with a moderate but totally fixable injury, because their plan doesn't cover that, they get sent home with a bottle of oxy and two months later they're an opiate addict.

Like this isn't the fault of the ACA, but when someone asks "Why are all my friends heroin addicts and killing themselves?" and you answer "Well, actually the republicans in congress obstructed measures for the ACA that would have-" they're already loving gone.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Not surprising, given who one of Trump's closest advisors was in the past.

And now, your daily :ironicat:
https://twitter.com/Nawazistan/status/797094106866585600

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

got any sevens posted:

If you really want to disrupt the system, stop paying taxes, go off the grid, work cash-only jobs.

But I already work as a server :confused:

Serf
May 5, 2011

Bushiz posted:

those same people are the biggest victims of the healthcare industry tho, it's just hard to figure out who to blame, and obamacare==health insurance==healthcare in a lot of people's minds.

granted things would be much worse for them if the aca never existed and so much worse than when the aca is repealed but it's horrifically bad for them.

like you have people that are getting injured at work and going to a doctor and rather than prescribe physical therapy to help deal with a moderate but totally fixable injury, because their plan doesn't cover that, they get sent home with a bottle of oxy and two months later they're an opiate addict.

Like this isn't the fault of the ACA, but when someone asks "Why are all my friends heroin addicts and killing themselves?" and you answer "Well, actually the republicans in congress obstructed measures for the ACA that would have-" they're already loving gone.

Simplify your messaging. Just respond "Republicans"

if they want to know more, then you can explain it to them

be literal human clickbait

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
The reality is that we're all hosed.

We can all go home now. Do some protests. Maybe put passion into it.

But Earth will flood and oven us in a couple of years so what's the point?

The republicans have doomed the Earth.

GG humans, you were awful and had a bad run: time to die.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Serf posted:

Simplify your messaging. Just respond "Republicans"

if they want to know more, then you can explain it to them

be literal human clickbait

Yeah, but then you run into "YOU CAN'T BLAME EVERYTHING ON BUSH" half the time. Though that's countered by "And you blame everything on Obama"

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

We have the GOP with absolute control of the government to do whatever horrible poo poo they want and it will be horrible. Trump obviously is the X-factor here; we don't yet know what horrible poo poo he will do but it will be in addition to the already horrible poo poo that is for sure comin' down that big sewage pipe dangling above your head

poo poo Is Certain *pic of sinister wizard cupping a tiny toilet emitting an otherworldly brown glow in his hand*

yeah like the baseline is already pretty loving bad and theres a chance that he really turns into orange hitler. now i think that chance was pretty small but so was the chance of him winning the republican nomination, and the chance of winning the presidency was even smaller. i guess this will prove if really do live in the darkest timeline

also where the gently caress were you the rest of this election monkey fracas

Jaminjami
Jan 26, 2015

quote:

Sen. Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.), who is expected to be the incoming Senate minority leader, has thrown his support behind Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) to be the next chairman of the Democratic National Committee.

The backing provides a major boost to the expected candidacy of Ellison, who has the support of several liberal lawmakers, including Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and an array of progressive advocacy groups.

Schumer spokesman Matt House said that Schumer and Ellison spoke Thursday and that Schumer has decided to support the Minnesota lawmaker, who co-chairs the Congressional Progressive Caucus.

[Keith Ellison, Howard Dean offered as possible DNC chairs as Democrats seek to regroup]

“Without a Democratic White House, Schumer’s view is that the DNC is where the grass-roots organizing in sync with legislative battles should be organized,” House said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/11/11/schumer-throws-his-support-behind-keith-ellison-for-dnc-chairman/

ellison is 100% gonna be chair

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
My mother's response to all this is "Well people thought Reagan would do a bad job because he was just an actor."

Was the reaction to Reagan getting elected like this? That's hard to imagine.

Serf
May 5, 2011

iospace posted:

Yeah, but then you run into "YOU CAN'T BLAME EVERYTHING ON BUSH" half the time. Though that's countered by "And you blame everything on Obama"

there is no one surefire silver bullet solution to getting people educated

and some people are going to be lost causes

but what is clear to me is that we should embrace that and take a wide-ranging approach and cast with a wide net

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Shab posted:

My mother's response to all this is "Well people thought Reagan would do a bad job because he was just an actor."

Probably not.

The response to Hitler was, however.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/ebruenig/status/797108303344074754
Toss Schumer into the sun.

e: yes, that was before the election.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Shab posted:

Reagan was the GOVERNOR

OF

CALI

FORNIA

before running for president. Your mother is a loving idiot.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

my only fear is liberals get caught in a feedback loop crying "islamaphobia!" whenever Ellison gets attacked.

But maybe a visible Islamic person talking to rural voters will help dispel some islamaphobia

(yeah right)

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
So things that are going to happen:

ACA is gone January 2017. If you've got a pre-existing condition, welp go gently caress yourselves. The healthcare companies will probably try to kick these people out. Maybe hopefully this will lead to a single payer option in California.
The EPA will be completely gutted, goodbye regulations. Climate change will be accelerated. Science funding across the US will dry up.
I kinda doubt they actually try to get rid of gay marriage. At worst it will go to the states again.
Trans rights will be gone at any kind of national level. States will probably still be able to pass their own protections.
DEA might smash the gently caress out of legal marijuana states.
We buddy up with Russia and Assad and Syria gets steamrolled. Expect genocide of Kurds.
No wall will be built, he will ramp up Obama's already awful deportation policy.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

comingafteryouall posted:

my only fear is liberals get caught in a feedback loop crying "islamaphobia!" whenever Ellison gets attacked.

But maybe a visible Islamic person talking to rural voters will help dispel some islamaphobia

(yeah right)

This is for chairman, not the presidential. If he runs for president, then worry about that.

Plus, we already had a Muslim president :v:

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

iospace posted:

This is for chairman, not the presidential. If he runs for president, then worry about that.

Plus, we already had a Muslim president :v:

lol yeah DWS and Brazile never took any heat from Trump during the campaign.

Trump is going to have to attack SOMEONE to keep his voters interested. it's in the nature of their relationship.

comingafteryouall fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Nov 11, 2016

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

FAUXTON posted:

Reagan was the GOVERNOR

OF

CALI

FORNIA

before running for president. Your mother is a loving idiot.

She was trying to be reassuring but sure thing internetman

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/797112220454965249

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
My biggest fear in a Trump Presidency is that things go well for him in terms of the economy. His proposals might work for the economy in the short term. Cutting taxes, cutting both business and environmental regulations, eliminating trade deals, spending on infrastructure. The market sees this as all positives for the economy. And a lot of it may work out, in the short term. Of course, this is assuming that he doesn't make any stupid remarks on Twitter (which already started lol) and that Republicans go along with his plans. Two pretty big ifs.

Longer term is a different story. Business deregulation will lead to corruption eventually. Environmental deregulation will lead to environmental issues obviously. Cutting taxes and spending on infrastructure will add to the deficit. Trade policies could lead to trade wars. But all of these issues might only make themselves known somewhere down the line. Maybe even after he's left office after four years. Or God forbid, eight years.

Of course most of what he will do will not benefit the rust belt. And they may ask where the wall is, or why he didn't follow up on the Muslim bans. And if he is struggling he can just pass the blame on like he always does, to the established Republicans. Time to drain the swamp some more before the 2020 race.

People seem to think a recession is hitting, and it may as well come soon. But I'm not wishing for anything like that just to make Trump look bad.

Serf
May 5, 2011

here's a thing to read if you want a look into our near future

NPR's Fact Check of Trump's First 100 Days

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Corny posted:

Fair, I did in fact corn-cob myself here.
To expand on that critique, it seems to be specifically designed to blame the Republicans for the kind of poo poo both parties have been up to since like forever. That might make a certain kind of sense, but it makes it much harder to push an authentic narrative, at which point people will reject your candidate as just being another insider who cares more about party politics and keeping their donors happy than the welfare of the population.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

everyones getting a lil bit more trumpy with each passing day

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Someone talk me off this cliff because all I see are all signs point to oligarchal fascism and I am incredibly confused as to why this is not being shouted from the roof tops by anyone with a voice.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

iospace posted:

Not surprising, given who one of Trump's closest advisors was in the past.

And now, your daily :ironicat:
https://twitter.com/Nawazistan/status/797094106866585600

That's :psyboom: but I guess its better than not requiring them.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

i really should toxx that trump's gonna win reelection because what the gently caress is anything anymore

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

holy poo poo that is unbelievably bad reporting

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

maybe the trump brand isn't dead. maybe it's just getting started

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

in addition to all the other poo poo I eagerly anticipate our national parks becoming Trump Commercial FunZones! (only $89.99 for unlimited rides on The Old Faithful Screamer!)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

comingafteryouall posted:

lol yeah DWS and Brazile never took any heat from Trump during the campaign.

Trump is going to have to attack SOMEONE to keep his voters interested. it's in the nature of their relationship.

Here's the thing though: no one stepped up to defend /either/ of them to my knowledge. The party decided to let that vine wither and rot in hopes that the main one survived. No one in the party pushed back on his attacks on the party, agreeing with him, especially with DWS.

And yes, that worked, because if you paint the DNC as a whole as corrupt (and no, I'm not asking for a relitigation of the primaries), it makes people less likely to support it.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

TotalHell posted:

in addition to all the other poo poo I eagerly anticipate our national parks becoming Trump Commercial FunZones! (only $89.99 for unlimited rides on The Old Faithful Screamer!)

The few parts not torn up to get oil and gas out of.

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Catnip is the opiate of the masses
Soiled Meat
Bernie attacked DWS way more than Trump did and hillary was real worried about getting the Bernouts onboard.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Every person running against a republican Senator in 2 years needs to just buy big billboards that look like this:

"Picture of republican senator sweating or looking tense on left" "Big Bold letters on right: Where's the wall [senator name]?"

Same formula but more questions about what they promised and didn't deliver:

"Where's my medicare, Mitch?"

"Why's the deficit so much higher Orrin?"

"Why is healthcare more expensive than ever, Rubio?"

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

My biggest fear in a Trump Presidency is that things go well for him in terms of the economy. His proposals might work for the economy in the short term. Cutting taxes, cutting both business and environmental regulations, eliminating trade deals, spending on infrastructure.

lol

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Vertical Lime posted:

i really should toxx that trump's gonna win reelection because what the gently caress is anything anymore

tbh I was kind of thinking he might actually realize how deeply hosed things were after losing the popular vote and back down on the rhetoric and try to be measured and calm and maybe he really was a stealth democrat all along and the words from his wife and daughter weren't just wind but that he'd actually stick up for women's rights and minority rights

and then he got his phone back and that pipe dream faded away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Decius posted:

The few parts not torn up to get oil and gas out of.

well yeah you don't need most of those acres for the water slides and stuff, let those fossil fuel and logging companies in there!!

• Locked thread