Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

zen death robot posted:

People being assholes to each other didn't help. I'm pretty sure no one on SA was paid to troll. Not a big enough audience.

Eh, I'm pretty sure no one was paid to troll SA but I wouldn't be surprised if the slightly elevated level of discourse and moderation made it a useful place to hone arguments.

Edit; Balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/797118285099728897

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:agreed:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

ShutteredIn posted:

So things that are going to happen:

ACA is gone January 2017. If you've got a pre-existing condition, welp go gently caress yourselves. The healthcare companies will probably try to kick these people out. Maybe hopefully this will lead to a single payer option in California.
The EPA will be completely gutted, goodbye regulations. Climate change will be accelerated. Science funding across the US will dry up.
I kinda doubt they actually try to get rid of gay marriage. At worst it will go to the states again.
Trans rights will be gone at any kind of national level. States will probably still be able to pass their own protections.
DEA might smash the gently caress out of legal marijuana states.
We buddy up with Russia and Assad and Syria gets steamrolled. Expect genocide of Kurds.
No wall will be built, he will ramp up Obama's already awful deportation policy.

lol @ this for imagining that the right has any tolerance for blue states trying to protect minorities and the sick

they'll pass constitutional amendments if thats what it takes

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
mark my extremely weaksauce, nothingburger words: there will be a wall

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

Covok posted:

The reality is that we're all hosed.

We can all go home now. Do some protests. Maybe put passion into it.

But Earth will flood and oven us in a couple of years so what's the point?

The republicans have doomed the Earth.

GG humans, you were awful and had a bad run: time to die.

What you're recommending is suicide. And yeah we're hosed but we're not going down without a fight. I refuse. So please, if you're being ironic, shut the gently caress up. If you're not, get off the forums, seek some help.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Tiler Kiwi posted:

what kind of wall

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Telephones posted:

What you're recommending is suicide. And yeah we're hosed but we're not going down without a fight. I refuse. So please, if you're being ironic, shut the gently caress up. If you're not, get off the forums, seek some help.

I'm just depressed and feel hopeless. Screaming like this makes me feel better.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Harry Reid is out here slashing throats

quote:

“I have heard more stories in the past 48 hours of Americans living in fear of their own government and their fellow Americans than I can remember hearing in five decades in politics. Hispanic Americans who fear their families will be torn apart, African Americans being heckled on the street, Muslim Americans afraid to wear a headscarf, gay and lesbian couples having slurs hurled at them and feeling afraid to walk down the street holding hands. American children waking up in the middle of the night crying, terrified that Trump will take their parents away. Young girls unable to understand why a man who brags about sexually assaulting women has been elected president.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

docbeard posted:

Keith Ellison is the Congressman for Minnesota's 5th district. He was one of the first elected officials to endorse Bernie Sanders, and is a co-chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus. He's also the first Muslim to be elected to the House of Representatives (I believe). I like his twitter feed, which is mostly a bunch of calm and sensible yet uncompromising stuff.

Glenn Beck once asked him to his face how we could be sure he wasn't our enemy.

So he'll never be prez then

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

a.lo posted:

what kind of wall

A wall in our hearts, just like Trump's ground game

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Harry Reid is the leader we need right now. He knows how to channel the anger.

Also:
https://twitter.com/ChuckTingle/status/797113150755610624

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

a.lo posted:

what kind of wall

something stupid as poo poo

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

iospace posted:

A wall in our hearts, just like Trump's ground game

oh

i thought it was called severe plaque build up

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

Save the despair for if Trump AND a gop Congress is still in on 2020. Now's the time to work to prevent that, and to help and protect our vulnerable.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Tiler Kiwi posted:

something stupid as poo poo

https://twitter.com/johntabin/status/630924233569370112

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

pathetic little tramp posted:

Paul Ryan cancelling medicare has hit the media. That sick feeling we have all had in our stomachs for the past 3 days is about be shared by a whole bunch of racist old white people everywhere.

this is good and just

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Catnip is the opiate of the masses
Soiled Meat
glenn beck is making a play to be a respectable moderate commentator:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/11/o...span-abc-region

quote:

I don’t question your right and reasons to feel fear. But don’t fear Donald Trump the way I feared Barack Obama. I read a perfect election summation: The people who were against Mr. Trump took him literally but not seriously. His supporters took him seriously but not literally. It is the same pattern of 2000 and 2008. We heard President Obama was coming for our church and our guns. We were mocked. We thought those who laughed were lying or stupid. Yet, I still go to church, sometimes with a gun.

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

Covok posted:

Yeah don't worry I understand. I spent the last couple of days crying. It's hard. :(

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Soiled Meat

pathetic little tramp posted:

Paul Ryan cancelling medicare has hit the media. That sick feeling we have all had in our stomachs for the past 3 days is about be shared by a whole bunch of racist old white people everywhere.

trump said he would "protect your medicare and social security" at every single rally stop hahahahaa

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

he should be excited as gently caress that internet commenters can win the white house

Serf
May 5, 2011

Guy DeBorgore posted:

trump said he would "protect your medicare and social security" at every single rally stop hahahahaa

does anyone honestly believe that Trump remembers what he said at any of his rallies

he says whatever will get him applause

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Tiler Kiwi posted:

there will be an attempt

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

a.lo posted:

oh

i thought it was called severe plaque build up

whynotboth.gif

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Guy DeBorgore posted:

another surprising quote, coming from this particular source (emphasis supplied):

"The seeds of 1933 may have been planted, but they can grow only through our hate and divisiveness."

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

mormonpartyboat posted:

there will be an attempt

the largest, yuuuuuuuuuuugest gold star that says "U TRIED" in comic sans.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Vertical Lime posted:

he should be excited as gently caress that internet commenters can win the white house

PFT/BigCat 2020.

Serf
May 5, 2011

it sounds to me like Glenn Beck is telling people not to worry so much when in fact the correct course of action is to get angry and start doing something to fight back

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Soiled Meat

Covok posted:

Don't just sit around feeling helpless. Tuesday should galvanize us into more action! Now more than ever, one person can make a BIG difference in America. For example, did you know that if everybody who voted Hillary went out TODAY and murdered one- just one!- Trump supporter in cold blood, there would be none left tomorrow?

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008

Guy DeBorgore posted:

Good point, Mr. Beck. I remember on the campaign trail when Obama said "I am literally coming after your guns and your church. No more guns and church when I'm in charge, believe me." The parallels are striking.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

iospace posted:

the largest, yuuuuuuuuuuugest gold star that says "U TRIED" in comic sans.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
"honeyyyyy, do you know where my church gun is? I can't find it and we're gonna be late!"

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I reached out to my local DNC chapter thing several ways and have not received contact back.

Going to assume this means they are swamped with volunteers and not that they have already been abducted and blacklisted.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/SteveRattner/status/797122929368694784

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Soiled Meat

Serf posted:

it sounds to me like Glenn Beck is telling people not to worry so much when in fact the correct course of action is to get angry and start doing something to fight back

Ways to fight back include:

-spit in a Trump supporter's burger while you're making it for them
-rub your balls all over their mouse and keyboard when they're not looking
-drink all the liquor in the entire world so there's none left over for Trump supporters

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

ummmm

https://twitter.com/jonathanweisman/status/797120114042793984

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/McFaul/status/797105571929296896

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Soiled Meat

51% of this guy's face is composed of his forehead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Annual Prophet posted:

another surprising quote, coming from this particular source (emphasis supplied):

"The seeds of 1933 may have been planted, but they can grow only through our hate and divisiveness."

Actually Beck has had quite the change of heart over the past year. He's not a liberal, but he definitely has had quite a bit of "man... I was wrong. And basically a loving shithead" introspection going on.

• Locked thread