Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Data Graham posted:

fwiw

E: Maine just voted to do this I believe

I thought this was called tiered voting. one of the big things I wanted out of this election even before trump got elected was political reforms. and this was the top of my list because I know the electoral system isn't going anywhere.

Although the only way I see us getting reforms at all is the party in control of congress splitting. So you need a polarizing candidate to lose by enough of a margin to piss off a large faction in their party but small enough to embolden the faction he belongs to. Trump losing could of accomplished that. Or you need a candidate of one faction to win and then poo poo on the other faction. Trump winning could of accomplished that but he is surrounding himself with the religious right faction and he is the alt right populist demagogue so we get to look foward to more swing states getting jerrymandered into north carolina and things staying the same with our continual drift to the right.

excuse me while I take this time machine to 1945 to give fdr an immortality serum so he can install himself as god king of america

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Terrible Opinions posted:

This still didn't stop Australia from making concentration camps for immigrants.

Having a better system doesn't automatically make you better people, Australia is packed full of trash people.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

RFC2324 posted:

Even if it didn't... I'm a legend for knowing what the most common accessory for the most common console for many years is?

I was gonna say something along these lines but then I remembered that the PS2 is sixteen god damned years old :corsair:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Question Mark Mound posted:

They didn't even go for a picture of the PS1's memory card which looks practically identical but has more "nerd cred" for being slightly older.

He's probably too young to remember them. But he needs to be special for something.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

It literally says exactly what it is in the picture! :psyduck:

It's Facebook. In six weeks it'll be resampled and resaved lossyly so often the artifacting will abolish all legible writing.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Not to completely sperg out, but given our horrible choices of presidential candidates this cycle (two completely despicable, amoral assholes), alternative voting schemes are interesting to contemplate.

http://bcn.boulder.co.us/government/approvalvote/altvote.html

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.
I'm typing this on my phone so I apologize if the picture attachment doesn't work.

But this basically sums up my conservative family and friends. I'm still enraged by the hypocrisy.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003
My cousin:

No, actually, that's one of the many things they fought for!

dexter6 has a new favorite as of 19:02 on Nov 11, 2016

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
I really should wean off Twitter as a source of reactions to news, but I just have to share this comment:

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/797035012214374400

Was this guy not around from 2008-2012? The #TrumpRiot hashtag is another potential fount of idiocy and the usual crowd, along with someone trying to coin the term "alt-left".

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

somekindofguy posted:

I really should wean off Twitter as a source of reactions to news, but I just have to share this comment:

Was this guy not around from 2008-2012? The #TrumpRiot hashtag is another potential fount of idiocy and the usual crowd, along with someone trying to coin the term "alt-left".

I like how they just skipped 2012 apparently

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

dexter6 posted:

My cousin:

The link to the picture is broken?

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

RFC2324 posted:

works for me :shrug:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

dexter6 posted:

My cousin:

"I fought for your rights, but drat if I'll let you use them!"

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003

RFC2324 posted:

dexter6's Cousin on Facebook posted:

The veteran giving the closing remarks at Milton's Veteran's Day ceremony commented about the "protests" going on around the country and stated that it's an insult to vets everywhere, that they didn't go off to war to defend Americans rights to snivel when they didn't get their way.
#herooftheday

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

somekindofguy posted:

#fartyparty

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

MisterBibs posted:

Friend of a friend of mine. That's right, can't even go to Chicago because of all the murders.

(total coincidence that the person who posted this once moved to another seat at a bar when someone with a different skin color sat down next to them.)

According to https://smartasset.com/taxes/illinois-property-tax-calculator#wLw76wwRUS if your property tax is 1500/mo, your house is worth approximately $900,000, which will get you one of these: http://www.chicagorealestatesource....pe=res&type=con

So you can keep crying about your 1500/mo property tax bill.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

RFC2324 posted:

Tinypic doesn't support https.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

dexter6 posted:

My cousin:

How, exactly, have soldiers ever fought for those rights? Can you point out any particular conflict?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Deceitful Penguin posted:

How, exactly, have soldiers ever fought for those rights? Can you point out any particular conflict?

Pearl harbour and the entry into WW2?
The Iraq war no doubt

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Question Mark Mound posted:

There was a referendum about 5 years ago to do this in the UK. The public voted against it by 68% vs 32% because we're loving idiots.

Don't loving remind me. My mother was complaining after the Tories got in at the last election about how the system was broken and something should be done about it. Someone tried to do something about it. She and people like her voted against it because it was "too complicated." I cannot get my head around how putting five or so candidates in the order of which you'd most like to win is difficult.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

scorpiobean posted:

I'm typing this on my phone so I apologize if the picture attachment doesn't work.

But this basically sums up my conservative family and friends. I'm still enraged by the hypocrisy.

Please add fedoras and reverse the images.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Sunswipe posted:

Don't loving remind me. My mother was complaining after the Tories got in at the last election about how the system was broken and something should be done about it. Someone tried to do something about it. She and people like her voted against it because it was "too complicated." I cannot get my head around how putting five or so candidates in the order of which you'd most like to win is difficult.

HOLY poo poo SEXISM.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

FAROOQ posted:

HOLY poo poo SEXISM.

pretty low effort trolling here, ma'am

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
what the gently caress else would he/she/they/xie/spivok mean by "people like her"?

if you think basic feminism is trolling, you're loving scum.

e: don't misgender me.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

FAROOQ posted:

what the gently caress else would he/she/they/xie/spivok mean by "people like her"?

if you think basic feminism is trolling, you're loving scum.

i didn't say basic feminism was trolling, i said your post was low effort trolling

not particularly clever or prone to insight/incitement, just apparently done to amuse yourself?

feel free to misgender me

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Jesus christ, do you not know about FAROOQ by this point

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
thread delivers imo

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Jesus christ, do you not know about FAROOQ by this point

lol, comb through my post history fella

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Ve shall not forge
VE SHALL EXTRUDE!

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Ve shall not forge
VE SHALL EXTRUDE!

Whomever smelt it, dealt it

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

The :unsmith: Movement.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Just saw someone post a status about "Anti Trump cri babies". Motherfucker misspelled the word cry. IT IS THREE LETTERS SWEET MOTHER OF PUSSY HOW loving STUPID CAN YOU BE

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Just saw someone post a status about "Anti Trump cri babies". Motherfucker misspelled the word cry. IT IS THREE LETTERS SWEET MOTHER OF PUSSY HOW loving STUPID CAN YOU BE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZvT2r828QY&t=8s

GonadTheBallbarian has a new favorite as of 22:52 on Nov 11, 2016

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Note: I have no idea who these people are. They are in a comment to a post someone I know reacted to or something.

Oh, and more from my aunt with LITERAL soldier worship.

Midnight Voyager has a new favorite as of 23:13 on Nov 11, 2016

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Who's looking forwards to another decade of being called a traitor for being right?

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

ikanreed posted:

Who's looking forwards to another decade of being called a traitor for being right?

Gotta start owning that poo poo. Yeah I'm a traitor against a government/country with zero of my interests at mind, and?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My aunt discovers STDH and seems to end with "It's your right to protest, but suck it up and deal with it and don't protest."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"
This election has got people on edge. Part 2. Same people new thread.

I'm starting to see pattern with Trump supporters. They immediately pivot to "Hillary Supporters do... THINGS!" that mysteriously can't be documented without wanting to own up to what a large number of their side is on video doing.

SwitchbladeKult has a new favorite as of 07:46 on Nov 12, 2016