Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I have a hard time doing the standing overhead press without flexing the crap out of my back. However I did do a 1 rep 135 once that felt gooooood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

E_P posted:

Yes it does. If you over work your front delts and dont work your rear delts your relaxed posture will have your shoulders rolled forward.

You can bend over and slouch no matter what size your shoulders are.

Sit up straight you loving goon.

sassassin posted:

A lot of the popular programs are written by dudes who admit they only include bench press because it's fun and people will do it anyway, it's the furthest thing from essential (unless you're training for a combine or actual powerlifting competition).

Big tits are for chicks.

Chinese and Russian lifters have all started benching.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

FizFashizzle posted:

*bzzzt* Does not compute

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I only train back and legs and abs. Everything else is just a byproduct of the compound lifts.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

ohp is weird, for some reason i can hit 100 for 10 with dumbbells but only 105 for 5 with a barbell, can't even hit 10 if i go below that to 95/85. if I do literally any exercise that involves my shoulders before I OHP in a workout then I can't hit either of those numbers

FizFashizzle posted:

You can bend over and slouch no matter what size your shoulders are.

Chinese and Russian lifters have all started benching.

fwiw I've started doing facepulls every time I workout and my posture has no question started to improve, previously i had done 0 rear delt poo poo.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Do you guys seriously not know how to pull your shoulders back?

You think all those ninety pound ballet dancers are doing pendlay rows backstage at swan lake?

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Do you guys seriously not know how to pull your shoulders back?

You think all those ninety pound ballet dancers are doing pendlay rows backstage at swan lake?

im gonna guess comparing someone thats been exercising to meet a specific ideal (that includes crazy posturing) since a very young child has incredibly different muscle development than your average goon who sat hunched over at a computer with minimal exercise for most of their life. seriously ballet dancers are hardcore not the best comparison.

this is a weird hill to die on dude

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I fixed my posture by stretching my shoulders a pecs and being mindful of posture throughout the day. poo poo fixes itself if you just think about it instead of going fetal because you got stomped playing League of Legends.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Tolkien minority posted:

im gonna guess comparing someone thats been exercising to meet a specific ideal (that includes crazy posturing) since a very young child has incredibly different muscle development than your average goon who sat hunched over at a computer with minimal exercise for most of their life. seriously ballet dancers are hardcore not the best comparison.

this is a weird hill to die on dude

have you tried sitting up straight instead of typing essays?

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

muscle imbalances are bad and lead to bad things: a controversial opinion in the swole thread

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I remember my youth in North Carolina, doing DB flys at cotillion with the rest of the well heeled youth of the southern gentry.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Only do squats imo

Grow the rear end. Grow the rear end until you are more rear end than man

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
i went to the gym today and there was a cute guy. he kept looking at me and i kept looking at him. then he left and I could finally have the gym all to myself, bless

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
why didn't you go & full bore anal him

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
left my harness at home again gdi

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
maybe it was regular girl in gym disbelief staring and I invented all the sexual tension to entertain myself

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
whoa now, youre a girl?

*flexes lats*

*stares at your rear end through mirror*

boy i hope u notice my muscles

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

Zzulu posted:

whoa now, youre a girl?

*flexes lats*

*stares at your rear end through mirror*

boy i hope u notice my muscles
Pshhh get out of here. She wont notice because I'm too busy yelling "Yeah push with your quads! Explode explode!" while she squats
i saw this happen today

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

i saw a girl at the gym the other day who was like, super unhealthy low body fat, and it was a weird feeling because i was both pretty sure she was anorexic and strangely impressed

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
we both had on similar black sweatpants it was really romantic 2 me. and i was just doing some weak baby press poo poo with 65 pounds pretty shameful.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im gonna do some landmine presses today :downsa:

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Winnie the poo poo posted:

maybe it was regular girl in gym disbelief staring and I invented all the sexual tension to entertain myself

what's the record # of mirrors you've caught a guy doing the mirror-trick-shot stare at your rear end?

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back

proof of concept posted:

what's the record # of mirrors you've caught a guy doing the mirror-trick-shot stare at your rear end?

just one and that was my old gym. most ppl there would just stare openly and or stare at my ex

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Winnie the poo poo posted:

just one and that was my old gym. most ppl there would just stare openly and or stare at my ex

Was his rear end better than yours?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Guys Winnie isn't actually a girl FFS

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

i feel like the overlap between "guys who lift" and "guys who sperg about lifting on internet forums" is roughly 10000x larger than the gender flipped version

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back

Helios Grime posted:

Was his rear end better than yours?

yeah hes a pretty good deadlifter and i remain the worst

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Guys Winnie isn't actually a girl FFS

i wish i wasn't a girl then i could bang cute boys in the butt with my bbc or regular bc idk what i would get if i could get a Y chromosome

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I think if you have big boobs then that means you'd have a big dick as a guy. That's how it works im pretty sure.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
In trumps America do we ask about preferred pronouns or just straight up call them queers? So confused rn.

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
how is my breast volume going to be converted into dick dimensions tho, is there an online calculator??

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
I work at the gas station across the street from my la fitness

removes all the awkardness of hitting on the girls in the gym when instead i just flirt with them while they buy their protein shakes from my store

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my shoulders are blasted and i am ready to consume a steak, veggies, and beer

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
replace the beer with a big glass of whole milk and a blunt imo

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

just vape some oil and buy ridiculous amounts of fast food, guaranteed gainz

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Gas

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Gravity was heavy today. Went in to chest day with big boy plans of doing 405 on bench. Worked up to 295x8 and decided maxing is for weirdos. Did some tricep work and got on the exercise bike and one of the trainers came over and talked my ear off about how he didn't want to do anything with his engineering degree.

El Duderino
Mar 28, 2003

If you're not into that whole brevity thing..
I could probably be working with the 80s db for shoulder press, but I can't get the drat things up...so I've been stuck with 75s for a month now... I try to bump them up with my knee, standing in front of the seat and using momentum to swing em back then fling them up like clean,.. Then I see these loving monsters repping out 125s in each hand and feel so inadequate.

I wanna take steroids :(

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Tolkien minority posted:

I was lifting with my friend today who is literally the vp of his fraternity and he told me he never works out rear delts because "girls don't look at rear delts."
Who was I to call him, who is both way more ripped and successful with women than me, wrong?

gently caress chicks, just lift.
Take that however you want.

I talked to my local gym dwarfthe mythical creature, not genetic. He was a cool dude, I complimented him on his squatting of 550 lbs, then he brushed it off and said he was trying to get to his 1 rep max but decided not to and just peak there.
He squatted myself, my other manlet gym friend, and my big friend all piled up.
To me, he's a goddam hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

El Duderino posted:

I could probably be working with the 80s db for shoulder press, but I can't get the drat things up...so I've been stuck with 75s for a month now... I try to bump them up with my knee, standing in front of the seat and using momentum to swing em back then fling them up like clean,.. Then I see these loving monsters repping out 125s in each hand and feel so inadequate.

I wanna take steroids :(
Ask two trainers in the gym to hand them off to you from the top. It is their job to help you out.