Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

ChumpsForChange posted:

If we're ranking ad reads then Paul Scheer is at the bottom. HDTGM is one of the only podcasts were I feel i have to skip the ads.

Every time he mentions having a fat friend who lost weight I think it's funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
All the ads on maximum fun shows are bafflingly horrible. It's like they work really hard on making them terrible

What is a baby brain

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Are you including the old MBMBaM ads about dick-cages in that category, because if so I'll have to disagree.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Here's the new good podcast; DUMBBELLS PODCAST.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Work Friend Keven posted:

Here's the new good podcast; DUMBBELLS PODCAST.

I enjoyed listening to it, but that 10 minute chime/sound byte that they apparently don't hear has got to go. They just talked straight through it

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Yea that's bad.

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008
i listened to the nate silver episode of the katie couric podcast and it kind of blew my mind. someone called in and left an election limerick on the show voicemail. her cohost corrects silver's pronunciation of nevada and silver is silent in a way that suggests barely repressed fury. she calls him "kind of like a rock star" and he basically responds by saying that the election has made him extremely tired and he just wants to go on vacation. the photo of silver & couric makes him look like one of the least comfortable people alive.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Are you gaslighting me?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

JohnnyC posted:

i listened to the nate silver episode of the katie couric podcast and it kind of blew my mind. someone called in and left an election limerick on the show voicemail. her cohost corrects silver's pronunciation of nevada and silver is silent in a way that suggests barely repressed fury. she calls him "kind of like a rock star" and he basically responds by saying that the election has made him extremely tired and he just wants to go on vacation. the photo of silver & couric makes him look like one of the least comfortable people alive.

I'm very happy that Katie Couric is a host of an Earwolf podcast so we can discuss her podcast in this, the Earwolf thread.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Nates just having a prolonged mental breakdown because his numbers based perception of reality can't explain this election. Maybe one day he'll learn that there's more to life than 1s and 2s. There's heart.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Are you gaslighting me?

I love how she talked over Hayes' later developing bit of nobody knowing what gaslighting means.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Just saw this linked on Ben Schwartz's Twitter, don't know anything about it but it's real fun. A real goofy morning show with Schwartz and Lauren Lapkus:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/616621551b/the-earliest-show-ep-1-the-proposal-with-guest-reggie-miller

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

feedmyleg posted:

Just saw this linked on Ben Schwartz's Twitter, don't know anything about it but it's real fun. A real goofy morning show with Schwartz and Lauren Lapkus:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/616621551b/the-earliest-show-ep-1-the-proposal-with-guest-reggie-miller

That's some quality Brandon Content

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

"We're doing Presidents today". HH, best podcast

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

from the hh earwolf forum

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Greggy posted:

from the hh earwolf forum

Beautiful.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Earwolf's finally getting into that Serial game with a podcast about the Boston Strangler.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
It's actually pretty surprising that it took them this long to have a true crime podcast.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So, should I listen to todays I4H? I don't know anything about Magic Tavern or who the guests are, and the write up sounds insane.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Yes, you should. Hello from the Magic Tavern is great and so is today's I4H.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

JohnnyC posted:

Mr. Squishy posted:

Earwolf's finally getting into that Serial game with a podcast about the Boston Strangler.
Do you see what happens Johnny? This is what happens.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Oh God this episode of With Special Guest. :pusheen:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Darkman Fanpage posted:

What an episode to go out (for a hiatus) with, goddamn.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
HH alert there is a scary witch masquerading as Hayes Davenport on today's How Did This Get Made.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Well, I had my suspicions. She was collecting all these bags, in a larger bag labeled "Bitch Bag".

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I stopped listening to WSG a while ago but this episode is seriously batshit crazy in all the best ways.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
I'm listening to it for the second time today and I can't get over how insane Scott is. He doesn't do characters a lot but when he does it's nuts.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

My favorite thing about Scott is how wildly different he is as a guest vs as a host

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

My favorite thing about Scott is how wildly different he is as a guest vs as a host
whether a guest or host, everyone is playing by scott's rules

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Tim Baltz does a pretty great job subverting Scott's rules sometimes.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I liked that one Joe Wengert character who basically went out if his way to say "no" any time Scott suggested something or asked a question.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Or the Haris Wittles one who was trying to never say anything funny.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

LesterGroans posted:

I liked that one Joe Wengert character who basically went out if his way to say "no" any time Scott suggested something or asked a question.

You mean the normal dude (duck)?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The lunch attendant who calmly said "No, I misspoke"?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Snooze Cruise posted:

You mean the normal dude (duck)?

Naw, I'd never forget Brad Hammerstone.

Golden Bee posted:

The lunch attendant who calmly said "No, I misspoke"?

Yeah, that's the one.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I'm glad that line is getting some attention. It felt like the first time in a long time where someone smoothly said no thanks to a weird Scott suggestion. I don't even remember what he misspoke about except that it would've derailed everything.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/cafeteriapalooza/
I hadn't listened to this episode and yeah he shuts down a lot of stuff, including Scott trying to get him to say that kids were casting spells in the cafeteria (Joe shows up after the first commercial break, ~40 minutes)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I feel like Joe has shot down Scott's "You briefly said a single wrong thing and were already in the process of correcting yourself but now I am going to attempt to hold you to that forever" improv stylings more than once. His willingness to say "No" is refreshing to hear when everybody else mechanically refuses to break from Yes, And.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

gemberling is also good for sometimes just literally sighing in exasperation at something scott said and responding with a slow, measured response that resembles "sure, i guess what you said is funny."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

The Gemberling character that had multiple personalities infuriated Scott because he'd switch every time Scott would try to develop anything.