Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Keeshhound posted:

The gently caress ever happened to Luisfe, anyway?

Strange Journey killed his will to do LPs, I guess? That is one draining game to play if you're not into tedious dungeon crawls 100%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Keeshhound posted:

The gently caress ever happened to Luisfe, anyway?

He's still around. He's doing Wizardry LPs now.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'd you're burnt out on unfair dungeon crawls, I don't think loving Wizardry is the solution, at least if the Wizardry I & IV LPs are anything to go by.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

YggiDee posted:

I'd you're burnt out on unfair dungeon crawls, I don't think loving Wizardry is the solution, at least if the Wizardry I & IV LPs are anything to go by.

"Unfair" and "tedious" are entirely different things. You can be a masochist without being into repeating the same fight over and over again until you're strong enough to repeat a different fight over and over again.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Aithon posted:

ChaosArgate is also doing an LP of Devil Survivor right now. It's not technically a mainline game, but it explores the traditional themes of the series (demon apocalypse in Tokyo, technology used for summoning, angels and demons both assholes, multiple endings) really well. The LP's still in the early stage of the game, though.

Updates on this are also slow going thanks to a busy semester. :(

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

A bit of a long shot, but - does anyone know of an LP (on or off SA) for the X-COM mod XPiratez? I'm interested in a game that's steampunk pirates vs robots, but I don't have the patience for fiddling with the original X-COM these days. :(

Merry Deciever
Aug 20, 2015
Pillbug
Hey all, does anyone have a good recommendation for a Mega Man X Command Mission LP? It doesn't have to be SA-centric, although I recall there was one a while back. Don't know if it was ever finished though..

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Merry Deciever posted:

Hey all, does anyone have a good recommendation for a Mega Man X Command Mission LP? It doesn't have to be SA-centric, although I recall there was one a while back. Don't know if it was ever finished though..

Unless you have already heard these guys were already doing one, the Super Best Friends are currently doing one on their channel. Can't say it's the best ever, but they are an entertaining bunch.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ApeHawk posted:

Unless you have already heard these guys were already doing one, the Super Best Friends are currently doing one on their channel. Can't say it's the best ever, but they are an entertaining bunch.

You can argue it's technically an SA LP, seeing as how Matt and Pat (at the very least) are in fact goons. They just don't post their stuff here in Let's Play.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug

StrixNebulosa posted:

A bit of a long shot, but - does anyone know of an LP (on or off SA) for the X-COM mod XPiratez? I'm interested in a game that's steampunk pirates vs robots, but I don't have the patience for fiddling with the original X-COM these days. :(

Xcom, steampunk, pirates, robots...this isn't an answer to your request but I have to know: you've played Steamworld Heist, right?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

HaroldofTheRock posted:

Xcom, steampunk, pirates, robots...this isn't an answer to your request but I have to know: you've played Steamworld Heist, right?

Nineteen hours and counting for whenever I go back in for NG+ / the harder difficulties, yes!

Now that is a drat fine game. Even if the hat grind is ridiculous.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Are there any good LPs out there of the original Starcraft and Brood War? e: Preferably with an LPer who's good at the game.

pumpinglemma fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Nov 14, 2016

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Herr Tog posted:

I don't know poo poo about Shin Megami Tensei aside from it lead to Persona 4 and I love persona four. I ask for a informative LP to show me what its all about.

I still want to see informative LPs of the original Megaten games pre-Shin. They made two for the NES, and then remade them on one cart for the SNES. I've heard the SNES has a near complete translation patch floating around.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Kyuuyaku does have a full translation, yeah, and while it's certainly on my list to do it probably won't be anytime soon. There's some stuff for it that I'm midway through making that'll take a long time and be really helpful for anyone who wants to try and play it, as well as make it more convenient for me to do (i.e. a fusion calculator; it's easier than it sounds at least), because it does some mechanically weird things.

E; But that's just me and I'm weird like that. If anyone else can/does do it quicker, then more power to 'em and I'll probably read it still.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Has there been a good LP of The Witcher III yet? Ive found some playlists on YouTube but they all seem to be blind runs and I want one with someone who knows the game well and isn't spending fifteen minutes trying to hunt down an area with some bog monsters or whatever.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Are there any Dead by Daylight LPs that are decent?

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Just wanted to throw out a recommendation for Scintilla's ongoing Galerians LP. It's one of them informative screenshot LPs, which is the perfect format for a PS1 game with pre-rendered backgrounds trying to be the next Resident Evil with a psychic sci-fi bent.

I just find those kind of Japanese story-focused horror-ish games of that time really interesting and wonderfully weird, and I always wanted to see the game covered on here. The LP isn't as jokey as a Dark Id one (or Crowetron on Parasite Eve) but otherwise reminds me of his old Resi LPs. It's thorough, has clear information for those of us who haven't played the game, and plenty explanation of the PS1 jankiness and bad game design that make me glad we don't have to play it to see the interesting story.

With so few posts in the thread, it just seems tragically overlooked - and maybe it's my PS1 era nostalgia talking - but I legit look forward to those weekly updates and I don't want it to fizzle out!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Hey guys, what's that resource management fantasy game that had the badass duck race who hunted undead? I'm having trouble thinking of any way to Google that that produces results.

The ducks weren't a playable race they were like your tribes neighbors who would massacre you if you hosed with them

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

Hey guys, what's that resource management fantasy game that had the badass duck race who hunted undead? I'm having trouble thinking of any way to Google that that produces results.

The ducks weren't a playable race they were like your tribes neighbors who would massacre you if you hosed with them

King of Dragon Pass

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Aesop Poprock posted:

King of Dragon Pass is the game with the ducks that are not to be hosed with.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Thanks to both of you. I followed the LPs years ago and wanted to download it on android

RedWraith
Feb 20, 2013
Can anyone recommend an LP for any of the older Space Hulk games?

I'm trying to scratch an itch created by the upcoming Space Hulk game and all I can find are people on YT yelling into Microsoft webcams.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I don't think there's a better thread for this, but I'm trying to find an LP I remember watching. IIRC it was a Harry Potter GBC bootleg game (some other game with Harry Potter-based sprite edits) and was part of a bootleg let's play megathread.

e: Oh nvm, master list helped me. Was a thread by MrDJB and he removes the videos in question. :( Ah well.

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Nov 21, 2016

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Was it my LP of the Harry Potter side scroller?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LcSeLsmNrLg&list=PLZPpEMChDqrkk-lwYsCBQSCV_wEZKN6xM

There was also the Harry Potter fighting game in that thread too, but I can't find the playlist.

Edit: That's what I get for not refreshing before posting. Ah, that's too bad. :(

SystemLogoff fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Nov 21, 2016

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Another question that doesn't really have a good thread: I'm looking at a pretty long journey, and one of the ways I'd like to entertain myself is by reading some screenshot LPs on my phone. Is there any tool out there that might allow me to easily pull a few LPs from the archive? (I have every intention of supporting the site with my ad-views, but I won't have internet)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Dancer posted:

Another question that doesn't really have a good thread: I'm looking at a pretty long journey, and one of the ways I'd like to entertain myself is by reading some screenshot LPs on my phone. Is there any tool out there that might allow me to easily pull a few LPs from the archive? (I have every intention of supporting the site with my ad-views, but I won't have internet)

Android or IPhone?

Cause there's an android ap for that

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I use that app sometimes, but I haven't found a way to save stuff for offline viewing. Have I missed something?

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Can anyone recommend a good LP of the Penumbra games? Something immersive and informative, no yelling/facecam stuff?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

AllisonByProxy posted:

Can anyone recommend a good LP of the Penumbra games? Something immersive and informative, no yelling/facecam stuff?

I recall Crackle's being pretty decent, subtitled VLP that goes over Overture and Black Plague.

http://lparchive.org/Penumbra-Overture/

I can't really recommend Khad's based on...well, Khad.

Simple Simon
Dec 29, 2008

"Good sir, would you fancy a Salmon tartar?"
How's the darkest dungeon LP? Remember tagging it to watch it later but now I can't find it.
Is it any good?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Simple Simon posted:

How's the darkest dungeon LP? Remember tagging it to watch it later but now I can't find it.
Is it any good?

It's pretty good.
Just be prepared for Higwang making tons of rookie mistakes and Chitlin giving him poo poo for it.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

VolticSurge posted:

It's pretty good.
Just be prepared for Higwang making tons of rookie mistakes and Chitlin giving him poo poo for it.

And Highwang carrying ALL the food.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

VolticSurge posted:

It's pretty good.

Thaaank you!

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Simple Simon posted:

Is it any good?

The thread just did two pages of Darkest Thanksgiving lines and I wish we could convince Wayne June to narrate them.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Are there any good LPs out there of The Talos Principle: Road to Gehenna DLC? I'm looking more for engaging with the world than being a good puzzle solver. I bounced right off Keith Ballard's since he went missing QR messages, failed to look in all of the areas that were originally locked off in the starting level, didn't go through everything on the terminals, and stayed in 3rd person the entire time. All in the first episode, I just couldn't take it.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Been getting into Salt & Sanctuary recently, but I feel like I'm going backwards through the whole game. Is there a SA LP of the game yet that anyone would recommend?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Highwang posted:

Been getting into Salt & Sanctuary recently, but I feel like I'm going backwards through the whole game. Is there a SA LP of the game yet that anyone would recommend?

Apparently there's one, but no clue about quality.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Any good Five Nights at Freddy's LPs out there? Ones that don't rely solely on some webcam YouTube celeb fake screaming into a headset?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Simple Simon posted:

Is it any good?

The LPer brings in enough food to keep a goon full for about half an hour every dungeon. He then seeks to maximize his food storage by throwing away helpful items for more stacks of food.

It's pretty loving great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?

CommissarMega posted:

Any good Five Nights at Freddy's LPs out there? Ones that don't rely solely on some webcam YouTube celeb fake screaming into a headset?

ManlyBadassHero has done the entire series. He actually edits the videos if there are repeated deaths, he doesn't scream (though he does gasp on occasion) and he's generally a chill, relaxed person to listen to. I'd highly recommend his stuff!