Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Darkman Fanpage posted:

where's baloogan i wanna ask him about the feasibility of living in the sewers. it's become an attractive alternative to what the future has in store above ground.

STORM DRAINS

if i were still a sewer inspector I'd get you some vid of the matresses and couches and a bike repair / sales shop we found in a storm drain

peeps live there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

William Bear posted:

Yes. The Democrats got played.

Republican sabotage of the economic recovery created a sense that politicians didn't care.

Republican sabotage of the ordinary political processes of our government created a sense that government needed a radical change in how it was operated.

Republican sabotage of the judicial appointment system stole a seat from Obama and gave it to Trump.

One of the most important reasons I voted in this election is to avoid rewarding the historically bad behavior of the Republicans. Now both parties may take it as a sign that everything Republicans have done since 2009 worked perfectly.

The worst part is, I can't figure out what Democrats could have done differently.

not compromise with racists

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

These protesters are boned.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

lmao

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'd be the guy dragging the matresses out of the way of our trucks when we go in to the storm drain, assholes would drive over their poo poo

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
goon anarchists

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Baloogan posted:

STORM DRAINS

if i were still a sewer inspector I'd get you some vid of the matresses and couches and a bike repair / sales shop we found in a storm drain

peeps live there

did they have a sweet gang name

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

amazing that jon stewart's replacement is somehow far more mealy-mouthed and milquetoast than he was. how is that possible?

colbert is p. cool though, he should just drop the late show thing and get a real political series going

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mormonpartyboat posted:

did they have a sweet gang name

tunnel snakes rule

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

OatmealRaisin posted:

Dude's passing the country over to a guy who spent years calling him a Kenya Muslim. I wouldn't blame him if he just fukken checked out at this point. He's gonna retire to private industry and make mad bank because lol nothing matters

I don't entirely agree with it but this what one of my co-workers had to say today. He isn't the only one with this sentiment right now.

quote:

We need to stop letting these assholes from New York and Chicago from coming into this town and running it like it's a bank or tech start up. They throw around lots of buzzwords like "innovation" and "job projections" instead of actually understanding government should not be run on numbers alone. The Federal Government cannot function on a quarterly profit model. Obama hosed up in assuming everyone would just nod along with how Serious and Calm and Correct he was instead of trying to kick his poo poo in. Then when the actual real sense of dread set in upon them they turned to marketing instead of turning to development. The GOP shut down the government and everyone smugly assumed it would cost them. It didn't. Trying to be the adult whose above it all gets nothing done. No wonder nobody in the midwest gives a gently caress when the best we can do is tell them at least were not Scott Walker.

We cannot grow the party back to were it needs to be by being bland and inoffensive. We have to convince them that folks in D.C. can and will fight for them. All of America cannot uproot and move here to become like us. So were going to have to tell them that we will fight for them despite our differences.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

amazing that jon stewart's replacement is somehow far more mealy-mouthed and milquetoast than he was. how is that possible?

colbert is p. cool though, he should just drop the late show thing and get a real political series going

stewart owned

i thought trevor wasn't bad but yikes :chloe:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Vox Nihili posted:

uhhh hillary lost the state by about 100k votes http://wisconsinvote.org/election-results

The site you linked also shows her losing by 27,000 votes.

Jaminjami
Jan 26, 2015

Mr. Jive posted:

Wow gently caress that
worst part is that it's a team for writers producing that message for him to read, this is the message that they wanna put out there lmao. opposition to them is best when it's jokey and sarcastic, because then it's not physically + actively against trump/his ideas but is instead just there to placate, temper and act as catharsis for peoples reactions to his election. they don't want people out on the street, they want em watching your show and nodding along sadly.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

oh my loving god you goon anarchists

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
democrats lied, republic died~

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Vox Nihili posted:

Political comedy as a whole is pretty much dead with the election of Trump

None of this poo poo is funny anymore

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also i like how the republicans are pretending they weren't openly calling for doing way worse if trump lost

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DaveWoo posted:

Political comedy as a whole is pretty much dead with the election of Trump

None of this poo poo is funny anymore

actually it's extremely funny

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i still do not understand why they picked trevor noah to replace stewart.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Venom Snake posted:

I don't entirely agree with it but this what one of my co-workers had to say today. He isn't the only one with this sentiment right now.

quote:

We need to stop letting these assholes from New York and Chicago from coming into this town and running it like it's a bank or tech start up. They throw around lots of buzzwords like "innovation" and "job projections" instead of actually understanding government should not be run on numbers alone. The Federal Government cannot function on a quarterly profit model. Obama hosed up in assuming everyone would just nod along with how Serious and Calm and Correct he was instead of trying to kick his poo poo in. Then when the actual real sense of dread set in upon them they turned to marketing instead of turning to development. The GOP shut down the government and everyone smugly assumed it would cost them. It didn't. Trying to be the adult whose above it all gets nothing done. No wonder nobody in the midwest gives a gently caress when the best we can do is tell them at least were not Scott Walker.

We cannot grow the party back to were it needs to be by being bland and inoffensive. We have to convince them that folks in D.C. can and will fight for them. All of America cannot uproot and move here to become like us. So were going to have to tell them that we will fight for them despite our differences.

this is how you win. facts and figures dont mean poo poo. being polite doesn't mean poo poo if they are opposing you or your goals. you lie, you bully, you intimidate, you coerce until you get your way, morality is a joke. that is the state of discourse now and there is no "going high" unless you want to keep getting your poo poo pushed in.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Nov 11, 2016

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Yinlock posted:

also i like how the republicans are pretending they weren't openly calling for doing way worse if trump lost

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

lol these people are just throwing anything at the wall at this point huh? There's been a slew of just garbage articles the last few days, the worst being that embarrassing Parks and Rec letter from the main character.

Dems right now: Yes!! Yes, we are dumb as poo poo!!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i still do not understand why they picked trevor noah to replace stewart.

If you squint he kinda looks like a young Obama.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
hillary would have won if they did another season of penny dreadful

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

this is how you win. facts and figures dont mean poo poo. being polite doesn't mean poo poo if they are opposing you or your goals.
[/quote]

maybe if we polite them enough they'll be shamed into being polite ba-

republicans take the presidency, house, senate, and a scotus that they were obstructing obama from putting up

...oh.

well don't worry guys if we keep being polite it'll be our turn next time :downs:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Another successful goon project

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Jaminjami posted:

worst part is that it's a team for writers producing that message for him to read, this is the message that they wanna put out there lmao. opposition to them is best when it's jokey and sarcastic, because then it's not physically + actively against trump/his ideas but is instead just there to placate, temper and act as catharsis for peoples reactions to his election. they don't want people out on the street, they want em watching your show and nodding along sadly.

i can't believe the serious journalism of the daily show has fallen so far

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Agrajag posted:

this is how you win. facts and figures dont mean poo poo. being polite doesn't mean poo poo if they are opposing you or your goals. you lie, you bully, you intimidate, you coerce until you get your way, morality is a joke. that is the state of discourse now and there is no "going high" unless you want to keep getting your poo poo pushed in.

worst thing is you can still take the high road while also not immediately rolling over to the slightest pressure

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Louisgod posted:

lol these people are just throwing anything at the wall at this point huh? There's been a slew of just garbage articles the last few days, the worst being that embarrassing Parks and Rec letter from the main character.

Dems right now: Yes!! Yes, we are dumb as poo poo!!
Plus he would've had Bernie Sanders on as much as Bernie could be as that's the target demo the station targeted with Daily Show.

Which exposure is one of the things Sanders lacked.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/797201239830331392

dnc chairman stephen k bannon

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
the GOP went with trying to delegitimise Obama from day loving 1. well then the DNC needs to push the Russia connection, his family corruption, his debauchery x1000 and don't be loving polite about it. doesn't matter if they don't believe it. push it long enough and hard enough and something will stick. it worked on the Clintons and Turmp has that much more. the mistake was trying to appear to take the loving high road while having the media push this poo poo while trying to remain fair and balanced, gently caress that.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

UHhhh? huh?

Jaminjami
Jan 26, 2015

Yinlock posted:

i can't believe the serious journalism of the daily show has fallen so far

bernie in his younger days

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
im cletus shitkicker and me and my pappy used to sit down and watch jon stewart every night, before pappy died of the black lung

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/797202633543024640

lewandowski going to the white house

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

lewandowski going to be chief of staff probably

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/797189166048153601

what the gently caress is this obama

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Agrajag posted:

the GOP went with trying to delegitimise Obama from day loving 1. well then the DNC needs to push the Russia connection, his family corruption, his debauchery x1000 and don't be loving polite about it. doesn't matter if they don't believe it. push it long enough and hard enough and something will stick. it worked on the Clintons and Turmp has that much more. the mistake was trying to appear to take the loving high road while having the media push this poo poo while trying to remain fair and balanced, gently caress that.

when polled people believe we should be cooperating with russia in syria more by a 20 percent margin. the russia poo poo is an absolute non-starter that no one outside the beltway or d&d cares about. they harped on it for the last weeks of the campaign and look what that got them.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Ragequit posted:

The site you linked also shows her losing by 27,000 votes.

thats correct, may have been a cache issue. my mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

He was being paid for that advert. When he was interviewed eating in pizzeria he used a knife and fork and said he always ate like that. Obama was attacked by birthers. Trump is attacked by forkers, absolute forkers. :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork:

E: Someone needs to turn that pizza into the US flag or the constitution or something.

OK. I heading off for the weekend. Don't kill each other.

:wave:

• Locked thread