Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Oh drat, that toxx was a perma? :owned:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Man, my optimistic predictions actually coming true?!

No. He likes the part where you have to get insurance or pay a penalty, but will get rid of the part where they have to accept you or cover your healthcare and the 80/20 rule and where you can't charge women more and the part where policies have to have a basic level of usefulness and the part where

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Fathis Munk posted:

Trump likes main Obamacare provisions 'very much' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37953528

ahahahahahaha Eat it freep

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Maybe Obama just explained to him that without the pre-existing conditions thing he would very definitely be the guy who yanked millions of people's healthcare away

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I refuse to believe a word of any of that until he vetoes a Republican repeal effort.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
If he was smart he'd just change the rhetoric to "replace and repeal" and make preexisting condition coverage part of the requirement for the replacement. But he's a goddamn idiot so I guess we'll see, won't we.

Also, RIP to those who got perma'd today due to Hillary toxxes. You will be missed and if a whole bunch of new regdate people suddenly appear I won't snitch.

From No, Donald Trump Did Not Abandon Promise to Repeal Obamacare posted by freeper conservativepoet

So here's the bottom line.

quote:

The mainstream media are reporting that President-elect Donald Trump is giving up on his promise to repeal and replace Obamacare, because he said he would be willing to preserve coverage for pre-existing conditions and allowing children to stay on their parents’ health insurance until age 26.

1 posted on 11/11/2016, 2:43:04 PM by conservativepoet
Those are some of the cornerstone components of the ACA. You aren't going to get preexisting condition coverage unless you give the insurance companies some way to not go bankrupt as a result. Hmm, maybe if you just require everyone to get insurance and increase the size of the pool by also making it easier for employed people to cover their usually-healthy adult children longer, it'll all work out?

I just deleted a multi-paragraph rant about how foolish we are as a society to make healthcare something done for profit, but it's honestly not worth another possible derail. You're welcome.

I'd just like to point out that these are Trump's own words. He likes the preexisting condition coverage. You don't get that without the individual mandate.

quote:

To: conservativepoet

Have we not learned not to believe anything coming from the MSM?

4 posted on 11/11/2016, 2:45:59 PM by Lent

Trump's own words. Preexisting conditions. Individual mandate.

quote:

Expect leftist psy-ops from now on.

5 posted on 11/11/2016, 2:46:08 PM by fwdude (Stronger, To Get Her)

REMOVING OBAMA WILL FIX IT!

quote:

To: GnuThere

LOL, they will. Once Klownie the Kenyan is aboard that helicopter in January, it’s Trump Time.

12 posted on 11/11/2016, 2:48:06 PM by max americana (fired every liberal in our company at every election cycle..and laughed at their faces (true story))

And here comes the justification for the compromise.

quote:

Of course bits and pieces would be in any replacement plan..
The media still playing their silly games.

15 posted on 11/11/2016, 2:49:18 PM by Sacajaweau

quote:

So much white noise. I throw out about 70% of what comes across as “news” nowadays without even reading it.

23 posted on 11/11/2016, 2:54:35 PM by Fido969

Words. Preexisting. Mandate.

quote:

To: Buckeye McFrog

The media has lied every step of the way about Trump and now some people want to start believing the media.

24 posted on 11/11/2016, 2:56:54 PM by xzins

On the media,

quote:

To: TornadoAlley3

They’re pathetic shills.

They way they slobbered over obama and the dems for these last eight years, no one should place ANY trust in anything they say.

They make Soviet PRAVDA and ISVESTIA look like honest, trustworthy news sources.

Thanks God for the Internet, and Trump needs to regain control of this critical asset for this Country immediately.

26 posted on 11/11/2016, 2:59:00 PM by NFHale (The Second Amendment - By Any Means Necessary.)

Holy poo poo, a post containing actually discussion of policy!

quote:

Speaker of the House Paul Ryan (R-WI), for example, proposed a replacement for Obamacare in April that would cover people with pre-existing conditions by moving them into state high-risk pools.

Not all states offered high-risk pools pre-Obamacare. What is Ryan's solution for those states that don't? Would the government get into the business?

27 posted on 11/11/2016, 2:59:11 PM by DoodleDawg
Good question! Hmm, I wonder, what's the correlation again between states seeing gigantic increases in rates and states that decided not to join the medicare expansion program? Oh, there's a direct and obvious correlation? How curious.

More actual serious policy talk from freep. It's boring, but it's so, so, so refreshing to see it.

quote:

There is a bigger problem than just pre-existing conditions. Before ObamaCare, some insurance companies were notorious for "cherry picking." One had to be the most perfect of the perfect to qualify for a policy (or in one case I have seen, to even continue a policy). These insurance companies really didn't want to deal with individuals at all and would rather just issue group policies. If ObamaCare is repealed in such a way that we go back to this system, we have a frying pan vs. fire situation.

30 posted on 11/11/2016, 3:03:34 PM by snarkpup (Hillary gets flak because she's being exposed; Trump gets flak because he's over the target.)

Ahahahahahah Trump ahahahahah compassion ahahahahahahahah :suicide:

quote:

I am confident he will do it in a compasionate way so families are not stuck without healthcare options.

33 posted on 11/11/2016, 3:06:59 PM by TonyM

Another policy post, and one that's right on the money. drat, freep, I kinda like it when you aren't awful.

quote:

To: max americana

It's generally assumed that the purpose of that ObamaCare provision requiring insurance carriers to cover the adult children of insured people was aimed at providing coverage to young people who couldn't afford it. That's not the case at all.

The real purpose of that provision was to expand insurance pools by adding more young people who would rarely ever need the coverage. This meant the insurance companies could make a killing by collecting premiums on those people while paying very little out in claims.

37 posted on 11/11/2016, 3:16:34 PM by Alberta's Child ("Yo, bartender -- Jobu needs a refill!")

Ah, that's more like it!

quote:

Soros, Soetero and Hilda’s infidel demonic left propaganda even the National Enquirer wouldn’t touch.

38 posted on 11/11/2016, 3:20:21 PM by Karliner (Jeremiah29:11,Romans8:28 Isa 17, Damascus has fallen)

Liberals liberals liberals LIBERALS LIBERALS LIBERALS LIBERALS!! LIBERALS!! LIBERALS!!
msm msm msm MSM MSM MSM MSM!! MSM!! MSM!!

quote:

DONT BELIEVE A WORD FROM THE LYING SCUM BAG COMMIE MEDIA..this is phase two in their plan..they already failed phase one(As Trump was elected President) now they want to drive a wedge between US and Trump..by accusing Trump of being a liar..dont believe a word of ANYTHING unless it comes out of Trump’s MOUTH

44 posted on 11/11/2016, 3:21:22 PM by Sarah Barracuda

Freep opinions: deregluation always works!

quote:

One of the better working health care systems in the world is Singapore. They use a 2 tiered system where anyone middle class and up opt for the 100% capitalistic system with insurance and people who can't afford it get a crappy medicaid like system with long wait times. It allows full coverage of everyone but with much lower prices across the board. I believe that's the direction Trump is taking us.

Before people get upset about the extra cost to the medicaid system, it's been estimated that around 40-70% of the total medicaid funds are wasted through fraud or illegal aliens. Trump can fix that without too much trouble and expand care to people with per-existing conditions or poor students and the alike.

Add to that the deregulation of the medical system and prices for the middle class will drop like a rock. I have friends in the medical field and they believe that about 7 our 10 bucks that goes into the system is wasted on administration that's required to keep up with federal regulations and mandates. It's the goverment that's causing never ending price increases.

50 posted on 11/11/2016, 3:25:36 PM by RedWulf (Trump:Front Lines. Obama: Back Nine. Hillary:Nap Time.)

There's another page but it's insufferable and I'm tired.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

quote:

To: Buckeye McFrog

The media has lied every step of the way about Trump and now some people want to start believing the media.

24 posted on 11/11/2016, 2:56:54 PM by xzins

Remember kids, actual words and video of Trump being a dumbass dipshit are lies. No wonder he got elected if people just give him a pass on everything because media bad. Can't wait for him to start trouble with other nations and watch these fuckers crow about Trump is always right, the media lies, OBAMA!

quote:

There is a bigger problem than just pre-existing conditions. Before ObamaCare, some insurance companies were notorious for "cherry picking." One had to be the most perfect of the perfect to qualify for a policy (or in one case I have seen, to even continue a policy). These insurance companies really didn't want to deal with individuals at all and would rather just issue group policies. If ObamaCare is repealed in such a way that we go back to this system, we have a frying pan vs. fire situation.

30 posted on 11/11/2016, 3:03:34 PM by snarkpup (Hillary gets flak because she's being exposed; Trump gets flak because he's over the target.)

Not true, you guys whined the whole eight years about Obama starting death panels because somehow forcing insurance companies to cover everyone became selective coverage, because we sure as gently caress didn't have that before, ever.

I know it was expected, but jesus it's fun to watch freep completely 180 on healthcare once their team gets to stick their logo on it

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 12, 2016

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
:freep: Don't believe anything that doesn't come from the Don's own mouth!

:smugdon: Maybe Obamacare isn't so bad.

:freep: LYING SCUMBAG ENEMEDIA!

A preview of the next 4 8 1000 years.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I too have always staked my faith on the word of a man who has stood for nothing beyond his own shallow self-interests, I don't possibly see any way that can come back and bite me in the rear end.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I'll just take a cue from people under Putin's regime and actually take him seriously. After all the NYT in 1920's literally said that Hitler didn't mean any of his antisemitic spiels. "Conservative restrictions" sure did something.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
It took a bit to find a worthwhile topic tonight. There was hating on Paul Ryan, moderate glee at Pence ousting Christie as leading the transition team, what started as a promising article from the NYT about some of the main causes of the MSM blowing it this year only to have the article be ignored and the infighting start, and a thread that featured the line "The worthless, brainless c*nt Katy Tur continues her leftwing diarrhea" but was otherwise not worth it. Boring stuff, really.

This post comes with a content warning. Of what? Well, just read the title.

From Suicide prevention hotlines see shocking spike in calls after Trump’s win: ‘We’ve never seen this be posted by freeper brucedickinson

While this specific article is from the NY Daily News, the story itself is being reported far and wide by relatively reliable publications. We should assume that it's true. That's pretty upsetting, and unfortunately not surprising at all, now is it.

You also should not be surprised by what freep is about to say.

quote:

Comment #1 Removed by Moderator

This is the only removed comment in the thread.

quote:

To: brucedickinson

There should be a separate snowflake social justice weenie basement dweller hotline.

2 posted on 11/11/2016, 7:58:25 PM by 867V309 (Lock Her Up)

Don't drink alcohol with aspirin, you idiot.

quote:

Lol...I never considered knocking myself off when Obammy grabbed the Whitey Hut. I just took two aspirins...and a shot of Gin.

4 posted on 11/11/2016, 7:58:45 PM by Dallas59 (Only a fool stumbles on things behind him.)

quote:

Hopefully the suicide line gets DDOSed and some snowflakes get a reality check.

5 posted on 11/11/2016, 7:58:45 PM by ConservativeMind ("Humane" = "Don't pen up pets or eat meat, but allow infanticides, abortion, and euthanasia.")

quote:

This really sucks with all the indoctrination going on in our schools and of course, the media. If any of these kids do commit suicide, it’s on them for deceiving these kids.

6 posted on 11/11/2016, 7:58:48 PM by Conservative Gato

It must be hell to live in a freeper's world.

quote:

It must be hell to live in a private world that can be shattered so easily, that one’s sense of self is so fleeting that it disappears with the smallest intellectual or political opposition.

9 posted on 11/11/2016, 8:00:07 PM by Crucial

OBUMMERS GONNA TAKE ARE GUNS!!!!

quote:

That, and a whole generation has been taught if things don’t go their way, it’s OK to be “scared” - I have never seen so many snowflakes claiming Trump’s victory is personally SCARY to them. Good grief.

11 posted on 11/11/2016, 8:00:30 PM by GnuThere

quote:

Was the “I-don’t-give-a-$#*+” hotline busy?

17 posted on 11/11/2016, 8:01:59 PM by 2ndDivisionVet (You cannot invade the mainland US. There'd be a rifle behind every blade of grass.)

quote:

Is there any wrist-slashing going on over at DU? ;-)

19 posted on 11/11/2016, 8:02:11 PM by spel_grammer_an_punct_polise (Note to all foreigners: Please.....GET OUT and STAY OUT!)

quote:

Suicide prevention hotlines shocking spike in calls after Trump’s win<

So is this mostly gravy-train bureaucRATs...or some other kind of parasite?

21 posted on 11/11/2016, 8:03:24 PM by ROCKLOBSTER (Crooked Hillary is Goin' down!)
OH I DUNNO MAYBE ITS PEOPLE THAT YOUR VICE PRESIDENT loving ELECT THINKS THAT ITS PERFECTLY FINE TO USE ELECTROSHOCK THERAPY MACHINES ON BECAUSE HE THINKS IT WILL CURE THEM OF THE GAY, YOU loving MONSTER. I CAN KEEP GOING. SHOULD I KEEP GOING?

I'm just a tad upset.

Just a tad.

quote:

Suicide prevention hotlines shocking spike in calls after Trump’s win: ‘We’ve never seen this'

The millenials are incredibly fragile - many of them still live at home, they've never really had to face reality. The future is not exactly in the best of hands.

24 posted on 11/11/2016, 8:05:44 PM by AnotherUnixGeek

The answer is yes.

quote:

Is is it wrong to wish they would go for it?

27 posted on 11/11/2016, 8:06:59 PM by Abbeville Conservative (Sarah Palin, the only cure for the RINO virus.)

quote:

I think it’s awesome. Suicide sure beats them going to Canada and being an obnoxious bunch of ***holes up there. The Canadians never did anything to deserve that.

31 posted on 11/11/2016, 8:08:34 PM by FlingWingFlyer (A proud and defiant irredeemable deplorable!)

quote:

I encourage them to jump off a high bridge

34 posted on 11/11/2016, 8:09:22 PM by pissant ((Deport 'em all))

The OP was deleted. This was not.

quote:

I hope they are telling the snowflakes how to tie a plastic bag over their heads.

38 posted on 11/11/2016, 8:10:19 PM by MIchaelTArchangel (Snowflakes of the world--MELT!)

Yeah it's because we just discovered that the media isolation bubbles aren't one-way mirrors and what we thought was happening to our own outgroups ... wasn't.

quote:

To: Opinionated Blowhard

This is remarkable. We’ve always known it, but this is mass hysteria. Part of me thinks this is all manufactured media agitprop, but I see people I know on Facebook, almost senior citizens like me, acting like lunatics. It’s shocking.

42 posted on 11/11/2016, 8:12:47 PM by Trailerpark Badass (There should be a whole lot more going on than throwing bleach, said one woman.)
Thankfully, the MSM actually still has a degree of intellectual honestly left to it and actually knows how to admit when it's hosed things up. Self-correction is happening. The RWM didn't blame itself when McCain or Romney lost, now did it?

quote:

Do society a favor and let them act out their threats. The liberal believe that the strongest survive.

47 posted on 11/11/2016, 8:15:14 PM by chit*chat

quote:

If I were a volunteer at the Suicide Prevention Hotline and one of those idiots called I would just tell them to off themselves..cleanse out the gene pool of stupid

49 posted on 11/11/2016, 8:16:38 PM by Sarah Barracuda

loving hell, freep.

quote:

This group will talk them down.

http://www.vhemt.org/

53 posted on 11/11/2016, 8:18:03 PM by xp38

Why yes, I am pasting each and every one of these over. Yes, quite on purpose. If you're still reading, you either have never seen this before or are so jaded and used to it that it doesn't phase you. That's my hope, of course.

quote:

It’s not a crisis, encourage them, all the quicker to get them out of our way. LOL

55 posted on 11/11/2016, 8:18:41 PM by txnativegop (Hey! Libturds! You got Trumped!)

SIXTY GODDAMN loving THREE POSTS UNTIL SOMEONE ACTUALLY SAYS HEY MAYBE WE SHOULDNT BE ENCOURAGING PEOPLE TO loving KILL THEMSELVES, AND THIS IS THE loving POST THEY loving MAKE

quote:

To: Jarhead9297

I realize these folks are Leftist idiots, but I don’t want them to kill themselves.

They actually need a person to deprogram them.

Honestly, there should be big money out there for some entity that starts a detox program rescuing kids from the university environment, and explaining to them how they have been lied to and mistreated.

This is mind numbing abuse where the university takes control and seriously f’s up these young kids who were so trusting.

63 posted on 11/11/2016, 8:22:06 PM by DoughtyOne (The morning and the evening were the election day. People voted. The Lord saw, and it was good.)

quote:

To: Snickering Hound

Can you imagine wanting to commit suicide over an ELECTION?

They are pathetic——they call the hotline to whine and get attention.

Period.

I’m at the point where I wouldn’t care if they did do away with themselves-——but they wont.

64 posted on 11/11/2016, 8:22:25 PM by Mears

quote:

I thought a lot of the LGBTQXYZ crowd voted for Trump, because he promised to protect them from terrorists and the Democrats didn’t.

76 posted on 11/11/2016, 8:41:32 PM by Berosus (I wish I had as much faith in God as liberals have in government.)
Exit polls (which unfortunately have also been shown to be unreliable) tell us that 14% of the gay voters went for Trump this year. 23% went for Romney. 27% for McCain. 23% for Bush in 2004.

quote:

If any of these idiots calls a suicide hotline, the counselor should simply say, “you don’t have the balls”

77 posted on 11/11/2016, 8:42:30 PM by Strac6 (We banded together to defeat The Hildabeast. All the rest will be easy s**t)

I bet this freeper beat their children as well.

quote:

If I had acted this way as a kid, my dad would have kicked my rear end into next week!

78 posted on 11/11/2016, 8:43:46 PM by wjcsux ("In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell)

quote:

To: ConservativeMind

Hopefully the suicide line gets DDOSed and some snowflakes get a reality check.

If the phenomenon is terminal, frankly, there are none of them I would miss and the nation would be a tad less hectic after all the funerals are done, especially if that other group is all gone abroad..

79 posted on 11/11/2016, 8:46:33 PM by arthurus (Hillary is getting shaky)

And let's end this loving shitshow with this little bit of projection.

quote:

To: Crucial

It must be hell to live in a private world that can be shattered so easily, that one’s sense of self is so fleeting that it disappears with the smallest intellectual or political opposition.

Being a life-long Californian I can offer some insight based on my many years of experience dealing with left-wing nutbags. Left-wingers do not, in fact, live in reality. That is not a joke, or an exaggeration, or just some frustrated hyperbole. They literally believe in things that aren't real.

All of these people running around right now, wailing about how gays and blacks are going to be put into concentration camps? They really believe that. Why? Simply because they've been conditioned to believe it
. They've been conditioned to accept information ONLY from select sources, and if those sources say that Trump is Hitler, then to them Trump is "literally Hitler". Never mind how ridiculous that idea is. Social pressure on left-wingers to conform is tremendous. The pressure is on all of us to conform, but hardcore left-wingers are the ones who can't resist it. They MUST be accepted. They MUST conform to what they perceive as the mainstream opinion. They simply cannot conceive of going against it. And who controls the perception of "mainstream" these days? Hollywood, that's who. And Hollywood is the propaganda arm of the Left.

If you've never seen the videos of Yuri Bezmenev talking about the KGB's techniques of national demoralization, you should go on Youtube and watch them. He describes EXACTLY what's happening now. The Left controls the national narrative, and those natural conformists have been conditioned to follow that narrative so completely, that even when they are shown irrefutable proof that the narrative is wrong, they dismiss it, because the proof didn't come from the source that they are conditioned to accept. If ABC and CBS didn't say it, and Jon Stewart isn't saying it, and the Hollywood types aren't all saying it, then it simply isn't true, and to hell with your video or pictures or wikileaks email threads.

They now believe that Trump is Hitler etc. because they literally are incapable of believing anything else, unless those approved sources tell them to.

94 posted on 11/11/2016, 10:59:35 PM by fr_freak

Oh I lied about finishing on that by the way.

quote:

To: headstamp 2; brucedickinson; All

Welcome . . . to the NYC Suicide Prevention Hotline!

For English, press 1. For Spanish, press 2. For Vietnamese, press 3. For Arabic, press 4. For Yiddish, say "OY!"

To help us direct your call, please choose from the following menu options. Please listen carefully, as our options have changed.

For wrist slashing, press 1.

For hanging, press 2.

For gunshot, press 3.

For cyanide or other poisons, press 4.

For defenestration, press 5.

For asphyxiation, press 6.

For blunt instrument trauma, press 7.

For acute barbiturate intoxication, press 8.

For ritual Seppuku, press 9.

For routine disembowelment, press zero.

. . .

You pressed 5 for defenestration. If this is correct, press 1.

. . .

Your call is very important to us! Please hold while we transfer your call to the correct Assistant desk.

. . .

All our Assistants are helping other callers at this time.

Your call will be answered in approximately . . . 47 minutes.

If you would prefer a return call, rather than waiting on line, please enter your phone number – preceded by the correct 3-digit area code – so one of our trained Assistants can call you back.

Thank you for calling the NYC Suicide Prevention Hotline!

Good-bye.

88 posted on 11/11/2016, 9:20:09 PM by goldbux (When you're odd the odds are with you.)

I really hate it when freep actually manages to get to me.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Freepers once again prove that they're not people :allears:

It's gonna be great when complete poverty hits their lovely little towns after republicans deregulate everything.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

RottenK posted:

Freepers once again prove that they're not people :allears:

It's gonna be great when complete poverty hits their lovely little towns after republicans deregulate everything.

I only wish to gaze upon their last moments of life, embroiled in terror that the world they wanted is again beyond their grasp.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
WWJD?

Encourage people to commit suicide, of course.

quote:

All of these people running around right now, wailing about how gays and blacks are going to be put into concentration camps? They really believe that. Why?

Maybe because assholes like you were literally loving saying you would do it?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
And also claiming dems were going to do it to them so hella projection going on.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Trump has already said he wants to open up "internment" camps for Muslims. He praised FDR's use of them.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Trump's going to continue doing rallies. Wow it really is going to be nazi america. I wonder how long it'll take before the uncle tom, chan and milo types find their night of the long knives.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
If he keeps being occupied with rallies and we get a pence presidency in all but name...
:suicide:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Him continuing with rallies is hugely disturbing news, the main hopes I had for his presidency working out decently was him just dropping the populism stuff, it having served its purpose. He may not be that cynical though, and in this case that is very dangerous.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Him continuing with rallies is hugely disturbing news, the main hopes I had for his presidency working out decently was him just dropping the populism stuff, it having served its purpose. He may not be that cynical though, and in this case that is very dangerous.

Are you kidding these rallies are the ultimate high for him. This to narcissists is like him finding a motherload of the cleanest, highest quality meth.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Nihilarian posted:

Trump has already said he wants to open up "internment" camps for Muslims. He praised FDR's use of them.

Citation please.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Rest assured that when Trump cuts Medicare and Social Security (or privatizes it same thing) these shits will die in the street with necrotic slough oozing out of their diabetic stubs.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
Good.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Handily takes care of THAT part of the voter base.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

McGlockenshire posted:

Citation please.
... I think the article I found on it is written deceptively, and the video on the page won't load. Politifact says that's an overstatement. My bad.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

How Republicans Could Overcome Filibusters by Senate Democrats

Of course the Filibuster is a bad thing that subverts the workings of democracy now.

quote:

To: Lopeover

I would nuke it for executive and lower court nominees, just like Reid did. For the other subjects, just go back to old-style filibustering: constant speechifying on the Senate floor, which can be overridden by a 2/3 vote.

4 posted on 11/12/2016 12:27:39 PM PST by Tolerance Sucks Rocks (Just one of a basket of deplorables.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

With a bit o’ luck and some continued deep digging...

By the time The Donald is officially sworn in, attempts at filibuster and GOP saboteurs both can be put to the question. “Just what is your involvement in the pedophile sex slavery ring?”

5 posted on 11/12/2016 12:28:52 PM PST by Grimmy (equivocation is but the first step along the road to capitulation)

quote:

To: Tolerance Sucks Rocks

Harry Reid passed Obamacare by 51 votes and SCOTUS appointments by 51 votes, so if McConnell isn’t prepared to use this tactic, he should be replaced as Leader by someone who will.

7 posted on 11/12/2016 12:30:10 PM PST by txrefugee
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

:iiam:

quote:

You really don’t need gimmicks here, just enforce the thing as written. As long as you talk, there’s no movement. Once they shut up, it’s time to vote. There’s no way they can talk forever. I don’t know how we got to a point where one side can simply threaten a filibuster and everything just stops.

8 posted on 11/12/2016 12:31:31 PM PST by Magnatron

quote:

Go nuclear. Senator Harry Reid set the precedent!

Absolutely, play hardball and stick it up their rear end. They understand only one thing, power.

When the MSM starts to scream, President Trump will use the “Bully Pulpit” to remind the public that the Democrats started it.

10 posted on 11/12/2016 12:34:24 PM PST by Rumplemeyer (The GOP should stand its ground - and fix Bayonets)

quote:

Nuke it.

If we don’t nuke it, it will “come back and haunt us” in 2 years when voters punish us for doing nothing. And when the Dems next have both houses and the Presidency, they will nuke it themselves.

11 posted on 11/12/2016 12:37:19 PM PST by cmj328 (We live here.)

quote:

To: Magnatron

Bingo. They turned the feared “filibuster” into a Uniparty gentlemen’s agreement. I’m reminded of that Star Trek episode where the big Battle Computer decided your city was nuked, so everybody had to go to the disintegration chamber.

One of many things on the Republicans are Spineless list.

12 posted on 11/12/2016 12:38:46 PM PST by jiggyboy (Ten percent of poll respondents are either lying or insane)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

quote:

Why would the Turtle want to change the filibuster rules?

That will be his excuse to stoping Trumps agenda.

If the Turtle hinders Trumps agenda, there will be pitchforks in DC.

14 posted on 11/12/2016 12:41:26 PM PST by tennmountainman ("Prophet Mountainman" Predicter Of All Things RINO...for a small pittance)

quote:

Let do it. Hey, The Donald has a PHONE AND A PEN ALSO! The muslim used them, so can Donald.

16 posted on 11/12/2016 12:44:23 PM PST by RetiredArmy (Believe or not, we R in the Last Days of human history. Jesus is coming back, & soon! RU saved?)

quote:

No doubt in my mind the left would get rid of it if they had full control of Congress and executive. They recently said they hated obstruction, so let’s stop the obstruction.

17 posted on 11/12/2016 12:45:22 PM PST by MountainWalker

quote:

I have an much simpler way to kill Obamacare. Waivers. Obama unilaterally issued waivers for unions, or this group or that company. He issued over 1000. No House vote. No Senate. Nothing. President Trump should stand up, on Inaugaration day, and issue a waiver from Obamacare for the United States of America. Done.

18 posted on 11/12/2016 12:53:22 PM PST by fhayek

I have no idea what they're talking about here? Lot's of people have phones and pens. :confused:

quote:

Trump doesn’t need congress. He has Obama’s phone and pen.

19 posted on 11/12/2016 12:53:24 PM PST by BinaryBoy ("Immigration Reform" is ballot stuffing)

quote:

I agree about going nuke. No one who voted for Trump would object. He can also issue executive orders. His supporters did not elect him to play nice. He will be graded by results.

20 posted on 11/12/2016 12:54:55 PM PST by jimmygrace

quote:

Trump is hoping to not have to break out the flamethrower - but he’s willing if some scrub needs to be burned off to clear a path to the drain-cock of the swamp...

22 posted on 11/12/2016 12:57:17 PM PST by trebb (Where in the the hell has my country gone?)

So phones and pens versus computers and laser printers? Did somebody a new codebook when I wasn't looking or something?

quote:

We have a lot of work to do.

We can’t let Democrats get in the way.

We need to change the rules so the work Americans expect the House and Senate to do gets done.

The Democrats have computers and laser printers.

They had better finish writing and printing by mid-January.

We can read what they have to say in the few days before Trump gets sworn in.

Then we work with assembly line efficiency.

Changing the rules is the Senate Republicans’ #1 job.

23 posted on 11/12/2016 1:09:43 PM PST by Brian Griffin

Hi Kit Cat!

quote:

To: RetiredArmy

If the Donald uses EO’s then HIS AGENDA can also be overturned with the stroke of a pen!!!WE NEED to change this DAMNED SEWER and keep it changed!!!

26 posted on 11/12/2016 1:19:14 PM PST by Trump Girl Kit Cat (Yosemite Sam raising hell)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

quote:

They are Republicans. they won’t do it. The lobbyists would reduce their stipends.

28 posted on 11/12/2016 1:23:12 PM PST by arthurus (Hillary had one seizure too many.)

quote:

To: Magnatron

The Republicans agreed to that “virtual” filibuster custom years and years ago and now consider it an inviolable, perhaps even Constitutional, rule. We cannot look to republicans to do what appears to us to be reasonable. Doing so would cut off their outside funding and impede their progress toward millionaire status.

29 posted on 11/12/2016 1:25:28 PM PST by arthurus (Hillary had one seizure too many.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

quote:

To: alloysteel

It is not even a threat because it won’t be carried out. it is a Declaration of Filibuster. The Republicans were happy to have it so back when they supported its inception. Living for and off of lobbyist and corporate money renders politicians lazy. It makes the act of legislation into a mere shadow play having no significance. Why make yourself uncomfortable and damage your health for something that has already been decided by the money men?

30 posted on 11/12/2016 1:29:05 PM PST by arthurus (Hillary had one seizure too many.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

quote:

To: fhayek

That is how Trump must rule. Congress will defy and resist him. He has no party in Congress. Congress is 99% inhabited by the Democrat Party, though some of the Democrats take the name “Republican” to show a façade of opposition.

32 posted on 11/12/2016 1:31:19 PM PST by arthurus (Hillary had one seizure too many.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

quote:

In the movie “Patton” a whole army column was stalled by a stubborn donkey.

Patton had the donkey shot and dumped over the side of the bridge.

Let’s not let a jackass stall a whole country.

Change the rule and roll on peacefully and efficiently.

We have a country to liberate.

33 posted on 11/12/2016 1:37:58 PM PST by Brian Griffin

quote:

My prediction is that Mitch McConnell is going to screw Trump and us. Bastard is a Democrat sleeper and always has been.

36 posted on 11/12/2016 1:54:30 PM PST by ChildOfThe60s (If you can remember the 60s, you weren't really there....)

quote:

To: personalaccts

Trump will have to infuse a spine in the GOP

He needs to put the thumb screws to Mitch McConnell. He's our head traitor in the Senate. He is going to do his bet to block Trump's (our) agenda. He is a Democrat, runs as a pubbie to get elected in Kentucky.

Trump will need to emasculate him or nothing will get done.

37 posted on 11/12/2016 1:58:14 PM PST by ChildOfThe60s (If you can remember the 60s, you weren't really there....)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 34 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Trump Girl Kit Cat

Well, to change this sewer you speak of, that means the 200+ RINOs in the House and the 52 in the Senate need to get off their arses and do something. I am not sure they are even capable of doing a danged thing. They are too invested in the One World movement to get them to change anything. We can only hope Trump threatens them and points fingers at them BY NAME and tell the nation as he does it. Embarrass the fools in front of the nation if they won’t do their jobs.

41 posted on 11/12/2016 2:47:33 PM PST by RetiredArmy (Believe or not, we R in the Last Days of human history. Jesus is coming back, & soon! RU saved?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

nevermind

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Mustached Demon posted:

Rest assured that when Trump cuts Medicare and Social Security (or privatizes it same thing) these shits will die in the street with necrotic slough oozing out of their diabetic stubs.

Also welcome to the Freep thread, person who I have never seen before. :wave:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Jagged Jim posted:

Also welcome to the Freep thread, person who I have never seen before. :wave:

Thanks for the warm welcome in such a cold place.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jagged Jim posted:

Hi Kit Cat!

God, even when they've got control of everything Kitcat is still an insufferable spaz

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Jagged Jim posted:

I have no idea what they're talking about here? Lot's of people have phones and pens. :confused:

In 2014, Obama stated he wouldn't wait for Congress to pass legislation to help people who were struggling, and said "I've got a pen and a phone," referring to his intention to use executive orders to give them that assistance.

So now Trump has that pen and phone and can use them to pass executive orders to gently caress over everyone who isn't rich, white and straight.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Twelve by Pies posted:

In 2014, Obama stated he wouldn't wait for Congress to pass legislation to help people who were struggling, and said "I've got a pen and a phone," referring to his intention to use executive orders to give them that assistance.

So now Trump has that pen and phone and can use them to pass executive orders to gently caress over everyone who isn't rich, white and straight.

Yep, Dems basically spent 8 years doing anything but rolling back executive powers post-Bush. Now the Trumpster has those powers. :thumbsup:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

DeusExMachinima posted:

Yep, Dems basically spent 8 years doing anything but rolling back executive powers post-Bush. Now the Trumpster has those powers. :thumbsup:

Well, like everything in politics, it's a double edged sword. On one hand it lets you get past poo poo that needs to be done when republicans pull their bullshit "Stop everything at all costs" poo poo. But on the other they get that same power to cock poo poo up when they hold the reins.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

SocketWrench posted:

Well, like everything in politics, it's a double edged sword. On one hand it lets you get past poo poo that needs to be done when republicans pull their bullshit "Stop everything at all costs" poo poo. But on the other they get that same power to cock poo poo up when they hold the reins.

Dude TrumpTV, multiple rallies after his inauguration, support by bigots, wanting to shred the constitution; all you need is putting stars, moon sickles and whatever on targeted minorities and you wouldn't be able to tell this from Germany.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

From RNC Chair Priebus Is Leading Contender to be Trump’s Chief of Staff posted by freeper monkapotamus

By "leading contender," the article means "was announced as Chief of Staff shortly after publication." Now, where was I? Oh yes.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

quote:

To: gandalftb

My first Trump disappointment.

2 posted on 11/13/2016, 1:13:51 PM by ilovesarah2012

quote:

I don’t feel good about this compromise.

4 posted on 11/13/2016, 1:14:24 PM by ConservativeMind ("Humane" = "Don't pen up pets or eat meat, but allow infanticides, abortion, and euthanasia.")

quote:

Well, it’s not the choice I would make, but...

Priebus harnessed recalcitrant Republicans to support Trump, dedicated a lot of RNC resources to his election, and is an effective manager (though not as effective as Kellyanne Conway, IMO.)

And he’s a friend of Ryan’s, so he might be able to help with Congressional relations. (But they already have Pence for that.)

Unfortunately, as Chief of Staff, he’ll probably bring in a lot of Establishemnt Republicans who don’t share — or even see — Trump’s vision, and as Morton Blackwell reminds us, “personnel is policy.”

9 posted on 11/13/2016, 1:15:55 PM by TBP (0bama lies, Granny dies.)

quote:

I’m for that if the Donald is. Trump commented that he was loyal from beginning to end and stood by him the whole time. So I don’t see a problem with it.

10 posted on 11/13/2016, 1:16:12 PM by sfl109415

quote:

To: ilovesarah2012

Try to withhold your disappointment. President Trump gushed with his thanks to Priebus on election night. He would not have done that if there was any doubt about Priebus’ loyalty. So I am not disappointed at all - if this is President Trump’s choice - I am all for it.

11 posted on 11/13/2016, 1:16:48 PM by Freedom'sWorthIt

quote:

this makes me wanna puke.

23 posted on 11/13/2016, 1:21:39 PM by max americana (fired every liberal in our company at every election cycle..and laughed at their faces (true story))

Now to be fair, the majority of the replies are moderately cautious or even positive.

quote:

It's genius.

Priebus was on board against the never-Trumpers.

This is “let's all get on board” time with both houses in control.

41 posted on 11/13/2016, 1:27:34 PM by oleus

But I know you're not here for those. You're here for these.

quote:

So much for being an outsider.

The Bushbots and Romney folks have their mole.

46 posted on 11/13/2016, 1:29:04 PM by Reagan Disciple (Peace through Strength)

Oh just you wait. Just you wait.

quote:

To: ilovesarah2012

My first Trump disappointment.

If Reince became Chief of Staff could Trump make Bannon Head of the RNC? That could be delicious!

53 posted on 11/13/2016, 1:31:33 PM by GeaugaRepublican (Groups compete. Immigration and Trade to save the country.)

quote:

To: TBP

Yup, I’d rather have Conway or Newt as COS

73 posted on 11/13/2016, 1:40:24 PM by Bobalu (See liberal MSM heads explode...make Milo Yiannopoulos Trump's new Press Secretary!)

quote:

Although up in years, Morton (now the oldest and the wisest) should be warming up in the bullpen to take over from Priebus the moment he has an inevitable falling out with Trump. Let us pressure Trump to reject any and all recommendations to hire GOP-E types for ANYTHING. They would screw up if hired to clean the latrines. Blackwell knows EVERYONE worth knowing. AND he is a definite political wartime consigliere.

What happens when you let the GOP-E trash in the door is best illustrated by the unholy alliance of Colin Powell as SOS and polo player set Richard Armitage who saw to it that Dick Cheney aide Scooter Libby was disbarred, charged, convicted and imprisoned for the actual activity of Armitage in "outing" Valerie Plame as a CIA agent when she was a mere analyst akin to Betty Crocker. Dubya lacked the gonads to put a stop to that fiasco by pardoning Libby who has just recently regained his law license. Libby was innocent and framed. Armitage was guilty and helped frame Libby. Trump values loyalty. Anyone with his ear should talk to him about this stuff.

Priebus is a visionless servant of corporate greedheads. Fortunately, Trump's two favorite words are: You're fired! I have ten bucks that says Priebus won't last a year. The buddy buddy relationship with whore Ryan won't save him either. In fact, the first whiff that Priebus is siding with Ryan against Trump, however subtly, however slightly, and buh-bye Priebus!

93 posted on 11/13/2016, 2:38:36 PM by BlackElk (Dean of Discipline, Tomas de Torquemada Gentlemen's Society. Rack 'em, Danno!)

From another thread on the topic

quote:

To: TroutGuy

Rinse Myass is an establishment infiltrator. Don’t do it Trump.

5 posted on 11/13/2016, 12:49:09 PM by 50mm (Trust nobody and you'll never be disappointed.)

quote:

Keep your friends close and your enemies in the next office?

6 posted on 11/13/2016, 12:49:35 PM by Raycpa

Stay tuned, WENDLE. Stay tuned.

quote:

I want Brannon. We don’t want GOPe any more.

13 posted on 11/13/2016, 12:53:26 PM by WENDLE

Oh boy, this should be fun.

quote:

To: WENDLE

I don’t want Bannon. I don’t trust him.

33 posted on 11/13/2016, 1:02:54 PM by TBP (0bama lies, Granny dies.)

Oh hell no.

quote:

To: proust

Bannon or Kellyanne Conway should replace Priebus . Both have shown that they understand the voters and can mount a winning campaign... spread their talents among all the GOP elections.

63 posted on 11/13/2016, 1:22:18 PM by dmzTahoe

So, what's going on with Steve Bannon then? That's the next post.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Okay, now's the time to go from :newlol: to :stonklol:

From PRESIDENT-ELECT DONALD J. TRUMP ANNOUNCES SENIOR WHITE HOUSE LEADERSHIP TEAM posted by freeper springwater13

the excerpt posted:

President-elect Donald J. Trump today announced that Trump for President CEO Stephen K. Bannon will serve as Chief Strategist and Senior Counselor to the President, and Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus will serve as White House Chief of Staff.

Bannon and Priebus will continue the effective leadership team they formed during the campaign, working as equal partners to transform the federal government, making it much more efficient, effective and productive. Bannon and Priebus will also work together with Vice President-elect Mike Pence to help lead the transition process in the run-up to Inauguration Day.

“I am thrilled to have my very successful team continue with me in leading our country,” said President-elect Trump. “Steve and Reince are highly qualified leaders who worked well together on our campaign and led us to a historic victory. Now I will have them both with me in the White House as we work to make America great again.”

They're so loving optimistic it makes me want to barf.

quote:

To: springwater13

Trump is leagues above any politician in memory

Trump will get more good things for America done in his first 100 days than politicians have for the last 100 years
which is really nothing , mostly amnesties, more government , bad trade deals , more loss of freedom , more spending, more regulations , more debt,more 3rd world immigrants,more taxes etc. . That’s true with only a few minor exceptions with Reagan and Ike (Eisenhower).But Reagan was fooled into signing an amnesty and never did anything against Japan’s unfair trade practices which Trump was warning about even then in the 1980’s.

In fact it seems Trump has already got more done in 4 days after getting elected with no power yet.Imagine 8 years of Trump

4 posted on 11/13/2016, 1:33:00 PM by rurgan (Go Trump!)

quote:

Sounds good to me.

Bannon there to keep a watchful eye on Priebus.

Bannon also serves to keep the libs head at critical mass.

6 posted on 11/13/2016, 1:33:23 PM by phoneman08

quote:

To: Mears

Indeed.

I am in tears to know that we are actually already MOVING in the right direction!!!!! Thank you, Mr. President, for these two good appointments. A good start to a great Presidency!

25 posted on 11/13/2016, 1:37:22 PM by Freedom'sWorthIt

This thread is way happier now that they know Bannon is present.

quote:

Reince Priebus is a dickless wonder as far as I’m concerned. There are so many better people for this job.

27 posted on 11/13/2016, 1:37:36 PM by Lizavetta

Oh gently caress no.

quote:

I was hoping The Donald would appoint Newt as Chief of Staff. But okay. Priebus it is. Let’s roll!!!!

31 posted on 11/13/2016, 1:38:20 PM by Gluteus Maximus

The beautiful part about seeing this stuff from the outside is the different perspective it brings. It was really, really easy to see the change Bannon brought to the campaign and this was never acknowledged on freep. Trump isn't the one in charge here. Bannon is.

quote:

To: RummyChick

Trump has to satisfy his base. But Trump also has to work with establishment Republicans in Congress to actually get stuff passed. Hence, the dual appointment.

Trump gets to exercise the kind of managerial control he likes. Plus, if one of them screws up, it will be easier to handle replacing them.

Lots of potential win in this. But, it has a potential to devolve into conflict and backbiting. So, the proof (as it always is) will be in the pudding.

37 posted on 11/13/2016, 1:40:09 PM by TheConservator ("The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle)

quote:

To: HerrBlucher

Rince Pubis. I have no intention of stopping ridiculing his name. Let’s keep a healthy contempt for the treacherous.

44 posted on 11/13/2016, 1:42:01 PM by Mamzelle

quote:

To: Lazamataz

Trump has officially done more for Reince than Reince’s buddy, Paul Ryan.

Added bonus?

Everyone knows that Donald is loyal.

51 posted on 11/13/2016, 1:44:40 PM by GeaugaRepublican (Groups compete. Immigration and Trade to save the country.)

Remember how I was so, so confident that freep would give up on the GOP altogether? All of that was dependent on Trump losing, but the haters are still around.

quote:

To: RummyChick

HORRIBLE choice having Pubus as COS. If there ever was a RINO well he has it. However to Trumps favor he is loyal but Pubus? Cmon man!

59 posted on 11/13/2016, 1:46:29 PM by Jarhead9297

Let's play Kit Cat game?

quote:

OMGOSH!!! He choose (chose) both of them!!!

Fasten your seat belts on this Trump Train to the White House, it is picking up speed as we go, and getting stuff done...

It hasn't been a week yet and look at what has happened!!! WOW!!! This is going to be fan tab u lus!!!

GO.TRUMP/PENCE.GO!!! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!

83 posted on 11/13/2016, 1:51:07 PM by HarleyLady27 ('THE FORCE AWAKENS!!!' Trump/Pence: MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!)

So given what we know about Manafort, what are you saying here?

quote:

To: Lizavetta

Priebus hasn’t been the same since he and Manafort started flying around on Trump’s plane together. Your characterization is accurate for the old Priebus. The new one is all in for Trump.

96 posted on 11/13/2016, 1:53:34 PM by Fantasywriter (Any attempt to do forensic work using Internet artifacts is fraught with pitfalls. JoeProbono)

And then COMMUNISM, out of nowhere!

quote:

To: GeaugaRepublican

I believe California Lefty whites are moving into Colorado and Ohio. Especially in academics. The birthing place for Marx.

Hollywood is taking over Santa Fe, as well. It is a nasty drift eastward of these Lefties and they put their influence on everything godless.

97 posted on 11/13/2016, 1:53:39 PM by RitaOK (Viva Christo Rey! Public Education is the farm team for more Marxists coming,... infinitum.)

quote:

To: Mamzelle

I keep messing it up and just call him Reindeer Penis.

102 posted on 11/13/2016, 1:55:54 PM by LizardQueen (The world is not out to get you, except in the sense that the world is out to get everyone.)

Freep opinions: SILENCE ALL WHO QUESTION LORD VOLDEMORT TRUMP

quote:

To: Mariner

Nobody wants to sit here on FR for the coming months and years with an unprecedended opportunity to put this nation back on the right track and have to read endless threads of second-guessing every decision the man makes by people who don’t have the facts and aren’t privvy to the decision-making process.

You either trust Trump and his team, or you don’t.

118 posted on 11/13/2016, 2:06:33 PM by bigbob (We have better coverage than Verizon - Can You Hear Us Now?)

As a refresher, freep is not part of the alt-right movement. Freep might be full of racist old people, but one thing they don't really care for is actual public displays of bigotry. It's weird. They'll talk all day long about how they hate those homosexuals and talk about their violent fantasies, but when it comes to other people being bigots they usually back off. We've seen in this very thread some poor delusional alt-right idiot get zotted because they tried to poo poo up a thread with racist BS.

This giant post isn't coming out of nowhere. This is one lone freeper that identifies something wrong with the alt-right, something that freep knows that they don't actually like. I wonder how long it'll be before they, too, get zotted for dissent.

quote:

Bannon proudly boasts that he has turned Breitbart into a platform for the alt-right. (I’m sure Andrew Breitbart is turning over in his grave.) The site himself identifies one of the leading thinkers of the alt-right as Richard Spencer. He recommends Spencer.

hxxp://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/03/29/an-establishment-conservatives-guide-to-the-alt-right/

“The media empire of the modern-day alternative right coalesced around Richard Spencer”

“In 2010, Spencer founded AlternativeRight.com, which would become a center of alt-right thought.

Alongside other nodes like Steve Sailer’s blog, VDARE and American Renaissance, AlternativeRight.com became a gathering point for an eclectic mix of renegades who objected to the established political consensus in some form or another.”

(Isn’t VDARE banned here at FR? With good reason.)

Spencer and his writers are fans of Dugin.

hxxp://alternative-right.blogspot.com/2013/12/transitioning-from-modernity-review-of.html

hxxp://alternative-right.blogspot.com/2013/12/transitioning-from-modernity-review-of_30.html

hxxps://www.reddit.com/r/altright/comments/4x3fm2/richard_spencerask_me_anything/

“My name is Richard Spencer. I coined the term “Alternative Right”; I write at RadixJournal.com (and some other places), organize NPI conferences, and edit Washington Summit Publishers and Radix books.”

hxxps://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/08/18/the-breitbart-alt-right-just-took-over-the-gop/?utm_term=.a0b6d8c60b1d

Constitutional conservatives can’t stand the alt-right. Conservatives — real conservatives — believe that only a philosophy of limited government, God-given rights and personal responsibility can save the country. And that creed is not bound to race or ethnicity. Broad swaths of the alt-right, by contrast, believe in a creed-free, race-based nationalism, insisting, among other things, that birth on American soil confers superiority. The alt-right sees limited-government constitutionalism as passé; it holds that only nationalist populism on the basis of shared tribal identity can save the country. It’s a movement shot through with racism and anti-Semitism.

“As one of its own, Richard Spencer, explained: ‘Breitbart has elective affinities with the alt-right, and the alt-right has clearly influenced Breitbart. In this way, Breitbart has acted as a ‘gateway’ to alt-right ideas and writers.’”

(BTW, Bannon is an ex-Goldman Sachs banker.)

Dugin rejects the Enlightenment (the foundation of the Founders’ thinking) and declares “the West” to be the enemy. Spencer writes articles favorable to Dugin, and Bannon favors Spencer.

Now, please note that I do not think this reflects President-elect Trump’s views, although I am a bit disturbed by Donald Jr.’s offhand remark that hsi father believes in “racehorse theory.” but as I noted before (quoting Morton Blackwell, on of the conservative movement’s best strategists), “personnel is policy.”

Bannon will most likely try to bring in as many of his “alt-right” allies as he can, and that will make the new Administration something I don’t think we or Trump intended it to be.

You have to be careful with whom you stand.

129 posted on 11/13/2016, 2:13:00 PM by TBP (0bama lies, Granny dies.)

quote:

LMAO!LOVE IT...LOOKS LIKE A WH PRESS RELEASE AND HAS THE PREZ ELECT LOGO, RUBBING IT IN OBAMAS FACE!

Ouch that is going to leave a mark! LMAO!!!

141 posted on 11/13/2016, 2:17:04 PM by ColdOne ((poochie... Tasha 2000~3/14/11~WE DID IT DEPLORABLES!EraseThe0bagambiLegacy!)
Psst, the Office of the President-Elect is a real thing and there's nothing new or exciting there... Obama did the same exact thing Trump is doing.

That thread continues on, but let's switch to another thread on the subject

quote:

To: monkapotamus

Maybe I’m totally out of it but I was barely aware of Steve Bannon during the last year. Did he purposely keep out of sight or do I live under a rock? Please inform and give me your opinion (on him - not me!)

7 posted on 11/13/2016, 2:16:44 PM by miss marmelstein
Bannon granted like one interview total. As I wrote earlier, his impact was mainly on changing Trump's speech content, especially after the pussygrab tape. Bannon hates the Clintons, hates Paul Ryan, and hates the GOPe.

quote:

To: arthurus

Sheesh, you guys think checkers. Trump is playing 3d chess. He “promoted Rancid Penis” so he could replace him with Kellyanne. He made Bannon chief of I don’t know what but Rancid is gonna be Bannons bitch. Rancid got promoted to Trump’s secretary. If you can’t see what is going on don’t comment.

Small minds. Sheesh.

41 posted on 11/13/2016, 2:34:31 PM by LesbianThespianGymnasticMidget (God punishes Conservatives by making them argue with fools. Go Trump!)

I'm leaving this link in, just in case you, dearest reader, have not at least skimmed through this article yet. With Bannon involved in the Trump administration now, you probably should at least skim the article.

quote:

To: BlueLancer

Bloomberg doesn’t like him - that’s a good sign.

And Bannon doesn’t like Hillary NOR Jeb - another good sign.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/graphics/2015-steve-bannon/

This Man Is the Most Dangerous Political Operative in America (Steve Bannon runs the new vast right-wing conspiracy—and he wants to take down both Hillary Clinton and Jeb Bush.)

53 posted on 11/13/2016, 2:47:24 PM by SaveFerris (Be a blessing to a stranger today for some have entertained angels unaware)

Freeper TBP c&p'd his spiel into this thread as well, prompting this reply

quote:

Wow, that was some twisted garbage to try to smear Bannon. It made no sense whatsoever because you are straining so hard to try to associate Bannon with something bad. I don’t know what your problem is, but the fact of the matter is that Bannon is perhaps the #1 reason why Trump won the election. Bannon kept him on his populist, conservative message. When others might have told Trump to temper or moderate his approach, Bannon’s approach was to stay focused on the issues and double down on them. No wonder he appealed to Trump. That is EXACTLY what and who we need in the White House advising President Trump.

60 posted on 11/13/2016, 2:58:24 PM by GLDNGUN

quote:

Yuge mistake making Rinse the Prius COS.

Priebus will bring in his GOPe buddies to backstab Trump at every turn. George HW Bush’s people did the same thing to Ronald Reagan in the 1980s as a way to diminish Reagan’s control over the direction of the Republican Party.

69 posted on 11/13/2016, 3:07:22 PM by DnPRK

So the bottom line here is that some freepers are completely willing to ignore any bad things about Bannon (and, let's face it, Trump) simply because he won.

quote:

The guy is using his website to promote a philosophy that is hostile to constitutional conservatives and to Western values.

Absolute hogwash. I read Breitbart articles all the time and I listen to their radio program almost every day on my way to work, including when Bannon hosted the program. To say that he and Breitbart are "hostile to constitutional conservatives and to Western values" is a pathetic lie. I would have NOTHING to do with anyone who espoused such views.

After adding Bannon as his chief campaign strategist, the Trump message got focused and took hold. It won the day.

Tell me what a horrible pick Bannon was of Trump's to run his campaign. Go right ahead. I would love to hear it.

72 posted on 11/13/2016, 3:12:39 PM by GLDNGUN

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From Insiders say Donald Trump is 'disgusted' by Chris Christie posted by freeper monkapotamus

It's an article from the New York Post, so take it with as many grains of salt as you need.

the article posted:

“Trump thought it was shameful that Christie didn’t take the fall for [convicted aide] Bridget Kelly,” said a source close to the transition team. “Trump is really angry that Christie is sending a soccer mom to jail. He believes 100 percent that Christie was behind it all.”
[...]
“Trump really doesn’t like it when married women with kids get hurt in politics,” said the source. “Trump was pretty disgusted with Christie.”

Christie’s failure to take responsibility for Bridgegate was the final straw in an already eroding relationship, said a second source, who is close to the Trump campaign.

“She was a factor in the decision because Trump didn’t like seeing her crying,” the source said.
[...]
“They want to drain the swamp, and having Christie there is just plugging it up,” the source said. “He was tolerated in the past because he was viewed as a kind of nice Tony Soprano. But now that Trump is the president-elect those days are over.”

I find it odd that Trump has more ethical scruples than Chris Christie. I'm not sure if I'm prepared to believe this, and I'm not alone.

quote:

This sounds strange.

Disinformation?

2 posted on 11/13/2016, 5:39:15 AM by Titus-Maximus (It doesn't matter who votes for whom, it only matters who counts the votes - Joe Stalin)

Compare/contrast.

quote:

It was reported on Fox that Trump is disgusted with Chris Christie because he left a soccer mom to take the rap on Bridgegate. Christie is out.

3 posted on 11/13/2016, 5:39:17 AM by Pilgrim's Progress (http://www.baptistbiblebelievers.com/BYTOPICS/tabid/335/Default.aspx D)

Contrast/compare.

quote:

This is all make believe from imaginary inside sources that do not exist.

5 posted on 11/13/2016, 5:40:12 AM by TaxPayer2000

Not that much of freep actually likes Chris Christie to begin with.

quote:

To: Fhios

That and his massive Obama butt kissing hug, plus his butt kissing of “The Boss” Bruce Hypocrite Springsteen.

12 posted on 11/13/2016, 5:46:27 AM by AbolishCSEU (Amount of CS paid is inversely proportionate to Mother's actual parenting of children)

quote:

Trump is absolutely correct about Christie. Bridget is not an innocent, sweet soccer mom but Christie is a fool with poor judgment. He is like the monkey that climbed too far up the pole and has no real cover. He tried to double down on his troubles and run for President. Langone was dopey to finance him. After he won election against in New Jersey, deposing the corrupt thief Corzine, he had an opportunity to do great things. Christie was not man enough or good enough to do the job. Good move by Trump to dump him.

13 posted on 11/13/2016, 5:47:24 AM by allendale

Priorities, people!

quote:

To: Pilgrim's Progress

It was reported on Fox that Trump is disgusted with Chris Christie because he left a soccer mom to take the rap on Bridgegate.

Isn't the real crime that this woman is subjecting her kids to soccer when New Jersey is Little League baseball territory?

16 posted on 11/13/2016, 5:49:04 AM by Dr. Sivana (There is no salvation in politics.)

Just look at those super-reliable news sources!

quote:

Christie’s real problem is mozlems. I can find more....

Christie rips Trump for mishandling anti-Muslim remark
hxxp://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/donald-trump-obama-muslim-chris-christie-react-213816

Chris Christie’s Pro-Islamic Views Worry Israel Supporters
hxxp://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/christie-islam-worry-israel/2015/12/21/id/706704/

Chris Christie’s Islam Problem
hxxp://www.nationalreview.com/article/297322/chris-christies-islam-problem-daniel-pipes-steve-emerson

Gov. Christie’s Strange Relationship with Radical Islam
hxxp://www.investigativeproject.org/2506/gov-christie-strange-relationship-with-radical#

CHRIS CHRISTIE STILL TALKING UP HIS HAMAS MOSQUE
hxxp://www.frontpagemag.com/point/261731/chris-christie-still-talking-his-hamas-mosque-daniel-greenfield

Chris Christie Inducted into CAIR’s ‘Best List’ for Fighting ‘Islamophobia’
hxxp://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2013/09/20/chris-christie-inducted-into-cair-s-best-list-for-pushing-back-against-islamophobia/

Chris Christie Dodges Criticism on His Support of Islamists
hxxp://www.clarionproject.org/analysis/chris-christie-dodges-criticism-his-support-islamists

Fan of Chris Christie? Check Out His Muslim HAMAS Judge Pick & Other Islamo-Pandering
hxxp://www.debbieschlussel.com/31739/fan-of-chris-christie-check-out-his-hamas-judge-pick-other-islamo-pandering/

Chris Christie is not just corrupt. He’s compromised
hxxps://www.jihadwatch.org/2014/01/chris-christie-is-not-just-corrupt-hes-compromised

Beware of Abu Chris Christie - Supporter of Jihadists & Sharia Law
hxxp://freedomoutpost.com/beware-abu-chris-christie-supporter-jihadists-sharia-law/

Christie calls anti-Muslim conservatives ‘bigots’
hxxp://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/christie_chronicles/Christie-reaches-out-to-Muslims-calls-out-anti-Islam-bigots.html

Governor Chris Christie Hosts Ramadan Iftar at New Jersery Governor’s Residence hxxp://muslimjournal.net/governor-chris-christie-hosts-ramadan-iftar-at-new-jersery-governors-residence/

32 posted on 11/13/2016, 6:10:45 AM by little jeremiah (Half the truth is often a great lie. B. Franklin)

quote:

To: Titus-Maximus

“disinformation?”

Disinformation or not I hope this is true. Christie has been dead to me since the Hurricane Sandy/Obama debacle.
I say lock his fat a$$ up.

37 posted on 11/13/2016, 6:22:04 AM by hardspunned

quote:

To: little jeremiah

Thank you for posting the Christie-Muslim links. I was not aware.

This one struck me:

quote:

In 2013, the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) named Christie to their “Best List,” identifying him as one of the most outstanding public officials in the nation for his work to enhance relations between Muslims and other Americans.

YIKES!
CAIR is HAMAS.

40 posted on 11/13/2016, 6:30:54 AM by Disestablishmentarian

It goes on, but it gets boring.

McGlockenshire fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Nov 14, 2016

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
One more today, with no context.

quote:

To: kevcol

“GEORGE SORE-rear end” must have a giant size case of BUTT HURT
with HITLER-Y CLINTON for blowing his pile of money.

These SNOWFLAKES will have to toughen up to withstand the
FREEZING COLD WINTER weather barreling down on us like a
freight train. It’s cold as kraut here today and we’re in
the “south”.

This bunch of OBAMA-ITES need to GROW UP! We didn’t act
like this crew of DEPLORABLES when mulatto Obama wsa
elected (he’s NOT black; maybe half). We sucked it up and
shook ourselves off and WENT TO WORK to pay our taxes like
an AMERICAN CITIZEN always does.

36 posted on 11/13/2016, 2:57:34 PM by Twinkie (John 3:16)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Freep, famous for sucking it up and not pissing and whining during Obama's two terms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
These people fear a mozlem is hiding under every American bed, don't they?