Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

Do the Gulf states have any actual F1 fanbase?

Those night races make it real easy to hide empty seats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
also the fact that it's illegal for women to attend sporting events.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
lol

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia-rejects-ferraris-vettel-mexican-gp-review-case-848959/

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

gret posted:

I assume the oil sheiks driving around in gold plated Lambos might care about motor racing.
I don't know if anyone's done a poll of the region but I would bet they don't care about motor racing they just care about looking rich and being with other rich people around rich things.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Guess what's the principal cause of death in Saudi Arabia among males.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Is it crashing your lambo because the tiger in the passenger seat decided to maul you?

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007

Sorry but Bernies wife is way way hotter.

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

With our rifles and grenades and some help from God.

That ruling was such a joke. Max just got carte blanche to be as much of an idiot as he wants to be. Ridiculous.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

McMadCow posted:

That ruling was such a joke. Max just got carte blanche to be as much of an idiot as he wants to be. Ridiculous.

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

With our rifles and grenades and some help from God.
When you're right, you're right.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Nando already looking for another job.

Race driver out, cameraman out, what's next?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Watching a documentary called Journey to LeMans and one of the first shots is Webbah going airborne lol

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

AgentJotun posted:

Sorry but Bernies wife is way way hotter.

MOOOOOOOOOOODS!!!!!!

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

El Hefe posted:

Guess what's the principal cause of death in Saudi Arabia among males.

Is it boredom?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
I love watching these videos

liveleak has some brutal ones though...

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Even Formula 1 Race Winner Pastor Maldonado wouldn't call that "motor racing"

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Even Formula 1 Race Winner Pastor Maldonado wouldn't call that "motor racing"

Hey its more fun and exciting than the typical F1 race

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
This Spanish guy agrees with you

https://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127058/alonso-f1-should-pay-fans-to-watch

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

God I love him.

"I feel very bad about my poor performance with the camera. I am thinking of going back later on to have some practice with that camera with the Porsche Cup in case tomorrow I stop again.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4xJuHBz6yk

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Nando baby, pan out!

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

El Hefe posted:

I love watching these videos

liveleak has some brutal ones though...

This is what happens to society when there is no alcohol or scantily clad women, btw.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

F1 is in the middle east East-east europe because the money doesn't come from actual fans attending.
Actual F1 venues have largely been struggling. German GP isn't secured for 2017, neither is Brazil.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
The way to deal with Max is to run him off the track a few times until he gets the message. Let the drivers handle it themselves.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

daslog posted:

The way to deal with Max is to run him off the track a few times until he gets the message. Let the drivers handle it themselves.
That's basically how Our Niki handled Their Ayrton. Put that little twat in his place.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Khablam posted:

F1 is in the middle east East-east europe because the money doesn't come from actual fans attending.
Actual F1 venues have largely been struggling. German GP isn't secured for 2017, neither is Brazil.

Only because Bernie charges the tracks so much money they need to put the ticket prices beyond what the local population is prepared to pay. So long as the paddock club is full Bernie gives not one gently caress of how bad an empty stadium looks on TV, and in fact has thought it an advantage because then it justifies him brokering a deal with some dusty shithole and getting a nice commission on it. gently caress Bernie.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It's raining :D

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Ross brawn says; he has been giving independent advice on f1 to liberty, Bernie is not immortal, he regrets not spending Enough time with the merc board and he found out about Lowe from Mclaran. He's worried about following and overtaking but looking forward to the increased speed in 2017.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I have been fan of handing running of F1 over to Ross Brawn for a long time, if Liberty actually do it they will have won me over

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It's that time of the year when Martin does something good and relevant. Just called out Toto over him phoning Jos Verstappen about max and then asked him if he had made him angry with a poo poo eating grin on his face. (He had)

E: I hope they repeat that new bit they showed at the start about the third place drama tomorrow. Note please, the timing of the audio.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Seb's car is in bits.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Ferrari are poo poo

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

ferrari's hilarious incompetence is really the best thing about the sport these days

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

That and Nando

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Thanks Ants posted:

That and Nando

Nando up in 8th, great way to start my day

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

i can't wait for when nando wins his first race next year and the camera cuts to JB in the garage celebrating like a proud father

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I get a weird feeling that this track will benefit the McLarens

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Button is mutton.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
So I had a thought the other night. Imagine if Sainz got bumped up from TR to RB and got Danill's seat...everyone would be praising him as they are :frog: Since it's really the car and not Verstappen's "skills." It was really a career make or break moment where one of them was allowed to skip some rungs on the ladder. Kinda disappointed it didn't work out that way and Big Daddy Verstappen beat someone in the back of the RB garage to give his frog spawn the seat instead of Cool And Good driver Carlos Sainz :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Max is a better racing car driver than Carlos.

• Locked thread