Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Vox Nihili posted:

got this today when i unsubscribed an account from the HRC email list

Hey you forgot this loving gif at the bottom of the page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also this isn't capitalism's death throes, this is capitalism powering up to Capitalism 2

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

mannerup posted:

he meant death throes

I got that but just what does it mean for capitalism to have death throes and how does he know?

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Admiral Ray posted:

I got that but just what does it mean for capitalism to have death throes and how does he know?

he doesn't

nobody knows what is going to happen next

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

NecroMonster posted:

capitalism is literally in it's death throws

i wonder what comes next, and i wonder if I'll live long enough to have any clue

corporate serfdom

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

corporate serfdom

I always wanted to meet the Pinkertons. Swell folks, just swell.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Yinlock posted:

also this isn't capitalism's death throes, this is capitalism powering up to Capitalism 2

gibson was right that weird ol bastard

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/allinwithchris/status/797228417364230144

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Darkman Fanpage posted:

corporate serfdom

I was about to post but i got an alert that a rich person needs a ride to a strip club

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Serf posted:

there is no way that capitalism dies and doesn't take all of us with it

yeah one of the problems with the "no gently caress it burn it all down one's as bad as the other" apathy is that you accelerate at light speed into the wall with the rest of us and nobody just rides it out.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
If you guys are still feeling shook about this election

Nite Crew is going to play two good classic movies tonight

You should come and decompress, and forget about it for a while and chill with us on this friday evening~ :h: :beerpal:

For your sanity, seriously.

We are playing two double features, back to back at 10pm Eastern. 9:30 we always have our pre-show.

The movies tonight, in playing order are:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Serf
May 5, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

corporate serfdom

don't kinkshame

FAUXTON posted:

yeah one of the problems with the "no gently caress it burn it all down one's as bad as the other" apathy is that you accelerate at light speed into the wall with the rest of us and nobody just rides it out.

full communism now

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

If you guys are still feeling shook about this election

Nite Crew is going to play two good classic movies tonight

You should come and decompress, and forget about it for a while and chill with us on this friday evening~ :h: :beerpal:

For your sanity, seriously.

We are playing two double features, back to back at 10pm Eastern. 9:30 we always have our pre-show.

The movies tonight, in playing order are:

you know, ive never actually seen heathers and im excited

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

I feel like I missed all this making GBS threads on the white working class when it was happening. Or does calling out Trump's rhetoric as racist count as demonizing all white people?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Serf posted:

Civil disobedience has always been and will always be a tool for political action in America

Thinking that we're gonna beat the fascists with words along is some chump talk

uh bluh bluhuhuh but our respectability!

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

global trade is literally breaking down, the large intercontinental shipping companies aren't making any money anymore

people aren't getting paid enough in order to buy the goods and services the capitalists both offer those same people AND are supposed to pay them to produce or perform

less goods and services being sold the less money the capitalists make the less goods and services the capitalists are willing to produce

so the capitalists are consolidating and taking the final step to squeeze the last bit of profit out of the workers, replace them with robots

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Nov 12, 2016

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Serf posted:

Thinking that we're gonna beat the fascists with words alone is some chump talk

have you considered votes ??

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

"Dude theyre not racists, they just help them win in exchange for empty promises - totally different." - fuckin facebook and twitter and poo poo.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

haha the picture on the 2nd one is what did it for me

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

mossyfisk posted:

hm did anyone try telling Malcom X this?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Pomp posted:

uh bluh bluhuhuh but our respectability!

all that poo poo should've gone out the window when people started carrying literal loving assault weapons around in public because America is a land of the crazies, but spineless centrists were too busy wringing their hands to oppose these fuckers in the only way that works

mossyfisk posted:

yeah, we just won this thing called the popular vote, maybe you should check it out

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

lmao at this garbage outlet

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

if i seriously protest i might get hurt!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

jezebel is such a sad shithole its not even funny. i am sad they didnt die with gawker.

good??? i mean moore is a clown, but he is right.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

im bart simpsons bulge

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
the country's catalyzing moments in this country's creation include dumping a shitload of product into a harbor, and picking a fight with british soldiers until they panicked and killed civilians and politicizing the gently caress out of it and people are are worried about loving commutes

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

MrWilderheap posted:

I feel like I missed all this making GBS threads on the white working class when it was happening. Or does calling out Trump's rhetoric as racist count as demonizing all white people?

i'm still not convinced the white working class, rather than the landed white middle class, the elderly, and a lack of dem/progressive/leftist/minority enthusiasm for clinton, were responsible for the results

everybody on the right and on the far left keeps saying it but none of them provide me with anything other than anecdotes and spite when i ask them to prove it

it smells a lot like everybody just buying into a narrative the right has been using forever

Baku fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Nov 12, 2016

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Pomp posted:

the country's catalyzing moments in this country's creation include dumping a shitload of product into a harbor, and picking a fight with british soldiers until they panicked and killed civilians and politicizing the gently caress out of it and people are are worried about loving commutes

a lot of dudes got tarred and feathered too. one guy got it twice. feel bad for that guy.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The only reason hero to privileged liberals everywhere MLK was eventually taken remotely serious instead of stomped into the dirt was because there were people in the wings openly ready to gently caress poo poo up

All protest is a show of force.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Pomp posted:

it's like people forget all the loving times where armed resistance has been necessary. the battle of blair mountin, the black panthers, the weathermen, etc

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

a lot of dudes got tarred and feathered too. one guy got it twice. feel bad for that guy.

:rip:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
reminder that people died for your minimum wage

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

"im just a tax collector i dont even like this job my dad made me get it stop!"

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i forget, what's humanities oldest, deepest, and most easily understood language again?

is it.... is it french? that seems wrong, what am i talking about here.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Serf posted:

it's like people forget all the loving times where armed resistance has been necessary. the battle of blair mountin, the black panthers, the weathermen, etc

i'm sure you're at least partly aware of this but it's not a matter of forgetting, most schools don't talk about that poo poo and the popular narrative of the civil rights movement is that pacifist hero mlk jr got blacks equal treatment by standing around and letting people punch him in the face until their arms got tired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

jezebel is such a sad shithole its not even funny. i am sad they didnt die with gawker.

good??? i mean moore is a clown, but he is right.

you know, since he's from a region that affected this election maybe we should forgive him like nate silver

also

https://twitter.com/maddow/status/797161371825737729

• Locked thread