Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

PhazonLink posted:

That sounds like the stupidest chaos timeline. Donnie wins, but somehow the Senate and Congress flip blue.

gently caress, let's make it more stupid and say the state goves also flip heavy blue.

Trump winning alone is proof that the timelines are in chaos. Its not actually impossible for Congress and state govts to flip. Hell if you want to get really weird, there could be a divide within the GOP congress where the NeverTrumpers do battle with the Trumpists with the Dems playing the spoiler - helping to things like infrastructure spending or whatever passed but blocking some of the crazier poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Mantis42 posted:

Trump winning alone is proof that the timelines are in chaos. Its not actually impossible for Congress and state govts to flip. Hell if you want to get really weird, there could be a divide within the GOP congress where the NeverTrumpers do battle with the Trumpists with the Dems playing the spoiler - helping to things like infrastructure spending or whatever passed but blocking some of the crazier poo poo.

I think its clear we're in the worst timeline. They're going to happily work together to gently caress over america; the only question is the degree and the speed.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

botany posted:

No that did not definitely happen outside of your imagination. Also is your theory now that Snowden was sitting on additional information he didn't give to the Guardian that he was bargaining with? Info that never saw the light of day? Where is that info now? How did he transport it when we know he destroyed all harddrives after the hand-off in Beijing?

I never said that he was offering Brazil classified documents. I said he was offering them classified information, aka things that Snowden knows and that are also classified. He offers to support Brazilian counterintelligence efforts in the letter, do you think that he's offering to mop the floors or do you think that he is offering them insider information?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
There are serious divides in the Republican party, and compromises will be have to be made. For example, the neocons may have to agree to new anti-obscenity laws to get the evangelicals to agree to re-impose sanctions on Cuba.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo
That professor who predicted the election saying now that he thinks Trump will be impeached by his own party just makes a whole lot of sense. He's fought with most of them on the way to victory, and anything less than a full rear end-kiss from them will get loud defiance from him as a response. Look at how fast they turned on Paul Ryan.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Telephones posted:

I wonder exactly how scared they are of his volatility. Do they understand that he poses a real existential threat to world peace or do they just not care?

I honestly don't think he will be a bigger threat to global stability than any other GOP candidate was. Back in the primaries they pretty much all took the stance of indiscriminately bombing the hell out of the Middle East because ISIS.

I do wonder how the establishment Republicans feel about Trump's foreign policy of "let Russia do whatever they want".

VH4Ever posted:

That professor who predicted the election saying now that he thinks Trump will be impeached by his own party just makes a whole lot of sense. He's fought with most of them on the way to victory, and anything less than a full rear end-kiss from them will get loud defiance from him as a response. Look at how fast they turned on Paul Ryan.

Impeaching him would pretty much be handing the next election to the dems though. They have control of everything right now. If they want to keep it that way, they have to appear competent and united. If they spend that time ripping each other apart then their voter turnout will drop like a rock.

I feel like predicting anything in a Trump world is futile though so who knows.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

QuarkJets posted:

I never said that he was offering Brazil classified documents. I said he was offering them classified information, aka things that Snowden knows and that are also classified. He offers to support Brazilian counterintelligence efforts in the letter, do you think that he's offering to mop the floors or do you think that he is offering them insider information?

Information that isn't in the documents that have been published. So he's offering them his expertise? That's your scathing indictment? What exactly do you expect him to have stored in his brain that isn't in the hundreds of thousands of documents he took? This is starting to verge wildly between outright conspiracy theory and banalities.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Internet Kraken posted:

I honestly don't think he will be a bigger threat to global stability than any other GOP candidate was. Back in the primaries they pretty much all took the stance of indiscriminately bombing the hell out of the Middle East because ISIS.

I do wonder how the establishment Republicans feel about Trump's foreign policy of "let Russia do whatever they want".

Yeah, but they didn't talk about abandoning our NATO obligations or encouraging Japan to militarize again.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/797217172305145856
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/797217459736629250
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/797218444596969472
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/797220159584870400
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/797221285801631744

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
"different countries have different understandings of financial crime and that's okay"

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Moscow had contacts with Trump team during campaign, Russian diplomat says

Tadaaa :jazzhands:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

He's going to make so much loving money. Might actually hit billionaire status.

Going off precedent for the election season and Trump doing pretty much every single thing he accused others of doing, does the evidence of him rigging the election come out before or after he's sworn in?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

fknlo posted:

Going off precedent for the election season and Trump doing pretty much every single thing he accused others of doing, does the evidence of him rigging the election come out before or after he's sworn in?

I already saw a few things in either this thread or the election thread about "increased botnet activity" in key states, but I don't know how reliable that is.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

fknlo posted:

During the ceremony. It'll turn out reporters had this story all ready to go but for ~some reason~ didn't mention it.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
trump is much more predictable than i think people here are giving credit for. the two things he cares about are himself and people liking him. he'll pass legislation from congress because it'll make people near him congratulate him, and the rest of his focus will be toward policy that explicitly boosts his own businesses. if he tries to gut nafta he will guaranteed include loopholes that allow his own construction projects to continue unhindered. attempts at foreign policy bravado will be hampered by how easily he's bribed/blackmailed by foreign stakeholders in his business, although iran might not be able to get in on that.

social issues will obviously be horrible with what congress sails through his office, but they'll be compounded by his using the department of homeland security (who he has already exempted from his proposed federal hiring freeze) to carry out revenge for petty grudges from throughout his life and the campaign.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

I expect Trump to make visible examples of any Republicans who step out of line so that the others stay cowed. All he needs to do is say the Trump equivalent of "Who will rid me of this troublesome priest?" at a rally.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah but see Hillary was worse and more corrupt bexause

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Wow what a loving revelation except it's normal for presidential campaigns to talk to foreign countries because those countries want to know what's going to happen. The Clinton camp talked to a lot of different countries, presumably including middle eastern dictatorships, but also european countries who got poo poo scared Trump might get elected.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Spaced God posted:

I already saw a few things in either this thread or the election thread about "increased botnet activity" in key states, but I don't know how reliable that is.

I saw that too but obviously haven't put a lot of faith in it since I've only seen it that one time and no one else seems to have run with it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

When are Trump, Putin, and that Duterte dude gonna sit down for a meeting pictures of which will be in history books?

In a bad way, I mean

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/stevesilberman/status/797185105844277248

So this happened.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Look, you really just need to give him a chance and see how things will turn out.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

I want to take Bill Burr's face and rub it in this like a puppy who pissed all over the floor.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

botany posted:

I want to take Bill Burr's face and rub it in this like a puppy who pissed all over the floor.

Puppies don't learn that way

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

botany posted:

Information that isn't in the documents that have been published. So he's offering them his expertise? That's your scathing indictment? What exactly do you expect him to have stored in his brain that isn't in the hundreds of thousands of documents he took? This is starting to verge wildly between outright conspiracy theory and banalities.

You're asking whether it's even feasible for Snowden, a person working in an NSA facility, to have additional classified knowledge beyond what was contained not just in the documents that were stolen, but specifically in the documents that were published? Is this a joke?

E: furthermore, even if we restrict the question to information contained in the leaks, whether or not that information was already given to journalists is irrelevant to whether or not he was offering classified information to Brazil. It effects the moral impact, but not the fact that it happened, contrary to your original position that it didn't

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Nov 12, 2016

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

zegermans posted:

Puppies don't learn that way

I know, I just want to do it to Bill Burr :v:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Internet Kraken posted:

Impeaching him would pretty much be handing the next election to the dems though. They have control of everything right now. If they want to keep it that way, they have to appear competent and united. If they spend that time ripping each other apart then their voter turnout will drop like a rock.

I feel like predicting anything in a Trump world is futile though so who knows.

if the trump U case goes south for him they might jump on it though because it means that pence will be the president and they'll have a full 2 years to utterly destroy the country

of course this has about as much chance of happening as him not making it to 270 in the EC because of faithless voters

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

QuarkJets posted:

You're asking whether it's even feasible for Snowden, a person working in an NSA facility, to have additional classified knowledge beyond what was contained not just in the documents that were stolen, but specifically in the documents that were published? Is this a joke?

I want to know if you have any proof for what you're claiming or if this is just your gut feeling.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
So when does Russia "leak" it's intelligence etc.. on Trump or is that just blackmail?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/797221054372528128

DNC interm is hanging out with Milo.
Because gently caress the world

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Spaced God posted:

https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/797221054372528128

DNC interm is hanging out with Milo.
Because gently caress the world

In times like these, you can always look to Dinesh D'Souza to put things in perspective.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
Nigel Farage too lmao

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/JillDLawrence/status/797189675538595841

hahahahahahahahahahah GOP wrote a lot of checks they know they can't cash.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I'm half Mexican and I have long hair and look native.

I've already had two interactions with white people that I don't think would have happened otherwise. Bad ones, to be specific.

It's going to be a long 4 years.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Why would Putin release that information (if they have it)? An easily-manipulable White House is much more valuable than a White House in disarray.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Jesus Christ that is the single worst lineup for anything I can imagine. did Enoch Powells restless howling specter have a scheduling conflict, because im astounded it isnt on there

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
You guys can blame racism till your face turns blue but at the end of the day she lost the rust belt to a republican with less votes than mitt romney. The millions of democrats that stayed home didn't make an active decision to gently caress over minorities and it's frankly obnoxious to say so. White supremacy didnt win with less votes than 2008 or 2012, democrats just lost. There was no surge in racists there was just apathy over Hillary.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Holy poo poo Hassan beat Ayotte by literally 0.1%.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Winkie01 posted:

This reads exactly like the slow shamefacedly walking back of pro Brexit talking points after it won. Right down to the details. Truly, history repeats itself, apparently a lot more swiftly than we expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Winkie01 posted:

And thats a big one.

• Locked thread