Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

SlothfulCobra posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot, RID is the sequel to Prime, which was supposed to somehow be in the same genre as War for Cybetron. Interesting way of calling back to that.

I kind of feel these are a step down from the wacky designs they had earlier in the show. Nothing can top the crab car in my heart.

The Crab Car just received his first Warrior toy recently, though. As did two different versions of the Skorponok mold.

Bludgeon looks amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The MSJ posted:

The Crab Car just received his first Warrior toy recently, though. As did two different versions of the Skorponok mold.

Bludgeon looks amazing.

I really need that Bisque.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The Maverick Decepticons loving own and they're the best way to do beastformers going forward, I need Bisk and Paralon real real bad.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Rhyno posted:

No part of the show is actually good.

making up original characters that are all bizarre different combinations of animal robot and vehicle was imo very good, even if their characterizations were basically "what funny accent does this one speak in".

it gets really tiring that everything must be g1 over and loving over again.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Particularly when the main line is already as G1 as it can get.

I can't say no to more Bludgeons though. And I gotta get Bisk somehow.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

The Maverick Decepticons loving own and they're the best way to do beastformers going forward, I need Bisk and Paralon real real bad.

I saw a shitload of Paralon's at TRUs in Illinois. Skorp has popped up at Meijer (saw three today when I got Fracture). Is Bisk an exclusive?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rhyno posted:

No part of the show is actually good.
What about the part of it where it isn't machinma's combiner wars? I'd say that's pretty good!

Blackheart posted:

Particularly when the main line is already as G1 as it can get.
I don't think there technically is a main line

Also a lot of people don't consider movie and post as G1. The new Astrotrain probably makes those people weep salt.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Hemingway To Go! posted:

even if their characterizations were basically "what funny accent does this one speak in".

hey so it's just like G1

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spiderdrake posted:

What about the part of it where it isn't machinma's combiner wars? I'd say that's pretty good!

I will agree with that because holy poo poo.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Rhyno posted:

I saw a shitload of Paralon's at TRUs in Illinois. Skorp has popped up at Meijer (saw three today when I got Fracture). Is Bisk an exclusive?

No, but Paralon is. And Starscream, for now.

Spiderdrake posted:

I don't think there technically is a main line

Also a lot of people don't consider movie and post as G1. The new Astrotrain probably makes those people weep salt.

You're probably right, I'm just used to everyone calling the "generations" and associated sublines the "mainline". gently caress them though Astrotrain rocks. Can't wait to see Blitzy and Octane too! I just wish I had some money now.

Was the machinima thing that terrible? Guess I don't need to bother then.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

No, but Paralon is. And Starscream, for now.

Well Paralon is just a repaint of Skorp so unless you need him to be purple the mold will be available. I need to pick up a Megatronus and Thunderhoof and I think I'll have every warrior class bot.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The main line is whatever line is supporting/supported by the primary media. In 2015/2016, that has been RID.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Rhyno posted:

Well RID is a sequel to Prime. But they didn't release a figure for that. This pretty much means he's coming back in a new body.

No, Soundwave was in RiD already, he was straight up the Prime drone model:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAtOaPH-QZA

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

BRO.

MP-36 looks better than any 3P 'tron so far.
The more I see of it the less I like it. From the front it looks great, but any other angle makes him look like a panely mess. Look how hollow his arms are. (I do love how happy he looks to be flying though)

Then his gun mode has the back of his head sticking out the bottom, and his arms don't line up with his chest.

And on top of that he's more expensive than any other Masterpiece figure since MP10, even Ultra Magnus, who's a bigger figure. I want to support the Masterpiece line, but it's getting to be a hard sell...

Anyway, go get your Liokaisers everyone: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HSB6639

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

For Canadians, here's your Liokaiser: http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/transformers-generations-platinum-edition-combiner-wars-liokaiser-action-figure/6000196148811

Yeah no I don't understand either, note: ships in a shopping bag taped around the box with a receipt for men's boxer-briefs still stuck to the side.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Knormal posted:

The more I see of it the less I like it. From the front it looks great, but any other angle makes him look like a panely mess. Look how hollow his arms are. (I do love how happy he looks to be flying though)

Then his gun mode has the back of his head sticking out the bottom, and his arms don't line up with his chest.

And on top of that he's more expensive than any other Masterpiece figure since MP10, even Ultra Magnus, who's a bigger figure. I want to support the Masterpiece line, but it's getting to be a hard sell...

Anyway, go get your Liokaisers everyone: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HSB6639

That's actually not a bad price, if my job hunt succeeds I might have to set aside some money from my first paycheck for it

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The Doctor, I wish you had private messages so I could send you one about Secret Santa Business.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Sounds like someone needs Plat for his SS present.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The Doctor, I wish you had private messages so I could send you one about Secret Santa Business.

There's an email address in the post?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

7) SHIPPING DEADLINES:

Royal Mail last posting days: http://www.royalmail.com/greetings

USPS Holiday deadlines: https://www.usps.com/holiday/

Here's Canada Post's deadlines: https://www.canadapost.ca/mailingdates

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Anime-Export's got MP-36 for $154. They also just put up a bunch of reissues, including Soundwave, MP-10, Emperor Starscream, and the cassettes. Shame there's no all-in-one like the american soundwave though.

http://www.anime-export.com/search?search=Masterpiece

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Finally can get that last tape pack I needed.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Knormal posted:

That's what really irks me about his gun mode, the way it doesn't line up there just stands out so much. I do like the figure otherwise, but I wish it had come out during the MP-10 aesthetic era and not the more cartoonish look they're going for now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Anora posted:

No, Soundwave was in RiD already, he was straight up the Prime drone model:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAtOaPH-QZA

That's pretty much what we already said.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Going to try this here, did anyone get Delta Magnus and NOT want the extra Ultra Magnus faces? I'd pay handsomely to get my hands on some.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
So Brainstorm was surprisingly easy to acquire after all. I didn't even realize Walgreens had an online store. Pretty great figure. It helps that it's based on what was already a pretty nice mold.

Also got Monkeypiece Optimus Primal yesterday. The back of the legs in gorilla form are kinda a bummer but I think the figure overall is pretty great.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin
Masterpiece Primal's die-cast mace comes in a tiny banana box. :3:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I can't believe a gimmicky banana box is pushing me closer to buying that fucker

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
It's totally valid. Embrace the banana

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
How do you get that? I ordered Primal from BBTS and didn't get the mace

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

catch22 posted:

I think it was an asian marketplace exclusive. Only certain retailers had access to it.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Nov 12, 2016

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

There's an email address in the post?

I apparently have the visual acuity of a web crawler bot. Sorry.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Pssh, there would be no manufactured banana boxes on prehistoric Earth. My immersion!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Marmaduke! posted:

Pssh, there would be no manufactured banana boxes on prehistoric Earth. My immersion!

The Vok had vastly diversified industries.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I don't even care about beast wars toys but drat if that's not a nice primal.

Do I open a new wing for the collection?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat right you do.

Some Amazon seller had the next wave of Titan Masters for $22 shipped so I pulled the trigger on those, saves me the effort of driving around looking for them. All the major Etailers have Liokaiser up but I'm holding out to see if Diamond will stock it. And my MP Primal shipped! Wheeeee!

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

catch22 posted:

Basically what Rhyno said, but BBTS does have it. It was a separate pre-order though.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK12328&mode=retail

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

:q:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Rythe posted:

Walmarts in the NC area have finally gotten the next wave of Titan Wars and they are on sell for $10.

This makes me ungodly happy for some reason, Mindwipe can tuck his feet under the Ikea shelving and hang upside down.

Oh poo poo, I'm really diggin' that bat. I'm gonna have to see if they got wave 2 in my area now.

the guy from Semisonic posted:

Masterpiece Primal's die-cast mace comes in a tiny banana box. :3:

What?! That's amazing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Finally got my Soundwave. like the robot mode, not so much the other modes. The instructions are an absolute disaster though, a mostly grey robot being displayed on a grey background. Just an amazing level of ineptitude.