Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Berious posted:

Heard a lot about this show but never checked it out until recently. I listened to the first few episodes and didn't really grab me at all. Seemed like just a lot of weird monkey cheese. I like weird but I was expecting something with more plot. Does that develop?

I'll repeat what I said in the serialized fiction podcast thread:

It's very much in the Buffy style: start each season with episodic stories, with subtle background elements that build to a major confrontation at the end of the season. The story arcs get stronger later on in the series, so you might like that better. Of course, then some fans of the early episodes say "I liked it better when it was just creepy stuff being narrated and not so much story." *shrug* Can't please everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Jurgan posted:

It's very much in the Buffy style:

well I hope that means we'll someday do own versions of Hush and Once More With Feeling

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.
I would greatly like to see how you pull off Hush in a podcast format.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Dark Grapefruit posted:

I would greatly like to see how you pull off Hush in a podcast format.

That mid September one was probably closest. Where you are listening for the monster.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Just listened to the latest one. I figured that all the obvious deaths wouldn't happen. But did not expect Purple to bite it, or for Cecil to be so affected by it. Honestly I figured someone random like John Peters, you know, the farmer? would get killed off.

Hell of a way to cool down on my walk, but as always loving it!

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

drat it, this made me cry even more than Ghost Stories. :smith:

I was fine until that "I don't care" at the end..

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Yeah that was brutal.

So, going by scheduling looks like we'll hit episode 100 in January? Hope they've got something special planned for that milestone.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

when is the next episode?

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams

GreenBuckanneer posted:

when is the next episode?

Late Wednesday night. They usually aim releases for the 1st and 15th of each month. The last month has been different due to OHCotA preview episodes.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.

Amateur Sketch posted:

Late Wednesday night. They usually aim releases for the 1st and 15th of each month. The last month has been different due to OHCotA preview episodes.

It has been consistently the 1st and the 15 of the month since June 2012. There has never been any change to that schedule.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Earwicker posted:

well I hope that means we'll someday do own versions of Hush and Once More With Feeling

Man I hate Buffy but Once More rules and if you guys did a musical episode that would rule

Do it

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Amateur Sketch posted:

I recently listened to that and didn't like it. Alice is dead however was good.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

maxnmona posted:

It has been consistently the 1st and the 15 of the month since June 2012. There has never been any change to that schedule.

Except for hiatuses (hiati?).

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Oh my god, NV episode 100 on the 15th, featuring every guest VA they've ever had

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Mokinokaro posted:

Oh my god, NV episode 100 on the 15th, featuring every guest VA they've ever had

I think they specifically said "almost every guest." There may be a few holdouts.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.

Jurgan posted:

I think they specifically said "almost every guest." There may be a few holdouts.

listen again

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

maxnmona posted:

listen again

Okay, it said "every guest we've had in our almost five years," and I think I switched the words around and heard "almost every guest."

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
hodgman when though?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Well, it's official: Cecil and Carlos are married! I was expecting the whole thing to be a fake out, after which I would have left a flaming bag of dog poop on Fink's front door, but they actually went through with it! Woohoo! I also loved the meta-text of the Weather as a love song to the fans.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Just finished the new episode. I started crying at the weather. Thank you Joesph and the entire WTNV cast and crew. The past year has been a strange one for me and the weird town you all built has been such a comfort, even when staring into the face of a devil dog.

Here's to a hundred more episodes.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
I wasn't sure how you were going to fit in everyone when I saw the episode was only 30 minutes long, but you guys did it. That was just a great feel good episode.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Dec 15, 2016

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
:3:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Submissions for "The Weather" are now open for the first time in over two years.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm gonna send in a track of me rapping over a beat composed of farts

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Congrats Strong Bad Night Vale on your 100th email episode! :toot:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Congrats on 100 episodes guys!

Was very happy to hear from Computer again, I went back and listened to A Beautiful Dream after this newest episode.

There will be fewer ice cream flavors, but they will be better.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'd fallen behind on Night Vale, but I managed to get caught up just in time! Congratulations on 100 episodes!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Congratulations on 100 episodes, and on a stellar 100th episode!

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
L'chaim!

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Good ep

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Cecil's speech being backed by the same music that played during the "lights in the sky over th Arby's" segment of the first episode is just *kisses fingers*

Dimloep
Nov 5, 2011
This was such a great episode. Congrats, everyone! Thank you for all your hard work over the years.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

I feel like I've asked this before but is the outro to 79 - Lost In The Mail available to download/buy anywhere?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

yo we have some tours coming up, come and see us!

we are doing a few final Ghost Stories shows on the west coast in February

and then we are doing a longer tour of new show called All Hail on the east coast, the south, and the midwest in April

http://www.welcometonightvale.com/live-events/

Kazy posted:

I feel like I've asked this before but is the outro to 79 - Lost In The Mail available to download/buy anywhere?

yeah I am going to put the stuff from that episode up once I redo my website, which I have been meaning to do for a while

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I don't know if there's a separate thread for OHC but I just wanted to say that it sounds like whoever foes the foley work for it is having a blast. :)

Bolingbroke
Jan 4, 2015
I am really loving OHC. It's extremely soothing and has a magical quality that always characterised audiobooks for me as a child that I've never quite been able to capture since. I don't know what kind of audience it's netting (none of my friends who enjoy Night Vale have listened to it, despite my prodding) but I hope it sticks around. I think it's something genuinely special.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Yeah I'm liking it as well, though none of my Night Vale fan friends seem to be able to get into it (they didn't like Within the Wires either, but liked Alice Isn't Dead.) Guess they need more of a narrative.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
I'm not really into Orbiting Human Circus either, and I think it's that I don't like the janitor for some reason. I do love the Orchestrel (Orkestrel?) idea though.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

vortmax posted:

I'm not really into Orbiting Human Circus either, and I think it's that I don't like the janitor for some reason. I do love the Orchestrel (Orkestrel?) idea though.

Same here, and for the same reason. I'm so-so on Alice Isn't Dead, love Within the Wires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Been listening to OHC today too and I have to say I don't like the Janitor either. The character itself as well as the voice and delivery are all very annoying to me, which I'm bummed about because I'm loving the rest of the podcast.

For the record, I dug the absolute poo poo out of Alice Isn't Dead and couldn't get into Within the Wires.