Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
So I know asking an NPC who has a figure to "Give me Something" gives you their picture the first time you ask. If you call them again after that once you're able to do they give you a piece of furniture from their RV stash if you chose the "Gimmie" option again, even if you're just using the card or does it just give you another picture of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

Athaboros posted:

Let me see your maps!

There was only one animal there above that segment of beach when I moved in, then the other two moved in blocking the path I want to make. One is that clown sheep that everyone hates.

At least my neighbor ended up being my favorite animal, Cube.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

I downloaded the update and thought briefly about blowing it all away and starting fresh, but then I started running around the perfect town I spent ages working on with a lot of people's help and man, there's no way I can get rid of all of that. I'd rather buy a second copy of the game (which isn't actually that bad of an idea). I'll still get it appraised in the morning, though.

But the new campground thing seems neat and I wouldn't mind starting to play a bit more in the next few days.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I've been playing every day since the update so I guess I'm hooked again, I'm gonna go through the last X pages and add friend codes so I can play with you guys

here's my friend code:

2294-6273-4972

I have peaches ;)

edit-
Okay, I've added thirty friend codes from here back to page 260, between here and my last post basically. I'll do my best to add friend codes posted on future pages too

.TakaM fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Nov 11, 2016

Dana Scully
Dec 25, 2010

hey scully, wanna break into the dean's office?

I really like my map, especially where my house is (before Frita moved in front of it). Having the shop, station, and town hall all on a line with the tree up there too really pleases me.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Athaboros posted:

I think it would be fun if we all posted our town layouts. I'm going to sell mine soon (even though it's only appraised at $18mil), and I'd love to see how you guys have laid yours out!

Here's mine -- even though it has a 'secret cove' beach, I'm annoyed with the river and how it all ended up looking.

Let me see your maps!

I wanted water to be the key feature of my town. Bridge placement is meant to make the town feel larger by forcing you to take long routes to access the halves. I also hate north/south fishing due to the world curve so a good east coast was vital.

e: My Dream code is 4D00-0010-039C come see my perfect town.

Reiley fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Nov 11, 2016

Quitte
Nov 2, 2011

nee-deep

Demolished my third bridge because I still need to unlock a few more bridge designs. I'm really happy with my layout in general. Secluded beach, my house in the middle surrounded by the small river and all the services in the north close to the station. I'm even happy with villager house placement after giving two idiots the boot, replacing them with Stinky and Gaston who settled in great spots.

Quitte fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Nov 11, 2016

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe

Quitte posted:

Demolished my third bridge because I still need to unlock a few more bridge designs.
Is this a thing? I thought all bridges you can build were the same design, that rope bridge style.

And how can I discover more things to build? My list of public works projects is still kinda meager.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

Played for 15 more minutes and I'm hooked again, great. I'll start adding people starting with this page and .TakaM.

Friend code: 5000-2458-3284
Dream code: 5A00-0016-2030

I'll leave my gates open periodically throughout the weekend.

Quitte
Nov 2, 2011

nee-deep

IAmKale posted:

Is this a thing? I thought all bridges you can build were the same design, that rope bridge style.

And how can I discover more things to build? My list of public works projects is still kinda meager.

There are 6 different designs and you unlock them just like all the other public works projects but only if you have less than three in your town for some reason.

Leaving my FC here for people who might want to add me 1418-6690-5893

Quitte fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Nov 11, 2016

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
Been gone for a few days, and so many new players. YAY!! :D I now have more than 20 new goons added, who need to add me back. PLEASE add me, Animalia loves visitors, and I love to visit other towns. So please, please check to see if you missed me!

Friend code: 1005-9371-4550

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Maps!
Twoson:

Summers:

Chronicler of Dongs posted:

I'd rather buy a second copy of the game (which isn't actually that bad of an idea).
I very much enjoy my second town. Join the Double-Mayor club.

IAmKale posted:

There is a way to get new public work projects, but it's not very quick.
Here's a quick guide I wrote while I was doing my PWP farm this morning. Let me know if you have any questions.
http://imgur.com/a/WH2HP

Edit: Would people be interested in doing a Fashion Bash this weekend? It's been while since the last one happened.

rhoga fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Nov 11, 2016

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

This isn't up to date with bridges and villagers, but this is my current town. I just don't have my 3DS handy to get a new shot.

While I like the thought of starting over with a bunch of bells, I can't bring myself to lose this layout. It's so good!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The Able Sisters had a seemingly new shirt in today called the Good Fortune Shirt,.

I don't know whether or not it'll give me good fortunes if I wear it or if I hang it up in my room. It'd be false advertising if it didn't.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

rhoga posted:

Fashion Bash

Yesssssssssss

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Here's mine:

Generally been trying to keep the eastern/northeastern side as the more urban part of town, based on the town hall + retail locations. Sometimes the villagers cooperate, sometimes not.

Also you can see where I'm building a replacement Stonehenge, the old one was right in front of the campsite entrance. I think I like the new spot better anyway.

Canned Panda posted:

This isn't up to date with bridges and villagers, but this is my current town. I just don't have my 3DS handy to get a new shot.

While I like the thought of starting over with a bunch of bells, I can't bring myself to lose this layout. It's so good!

There is something weirdly satisfying about that plaza and river.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

This is the layout I've been rolling with since release.

The little peninsula below my house was useful as a nice little flower garden, and it still is, but now I just have flowers everywhere

rhoga posted:

Would people be interested in doing a Fashion Bash this weekend? It's been while since the last one happened.
:mmmhmm:

FrictionlessEmu
Jan 24, 2011

Here's my layout. I've finally gotten it so the place is entirely covered in flowers, outside of a few designated orchards and small areas surrounding each rock. :)

Also I realized I haven't posted my friend code yet - it's 2766-9200-8571. I'll add on some of the codes from people who've posted on this page and anyone else who adds me.

Does anyone have the Callie and Marie splatoon amiibos, btw? I really want to buy some of their stuff but I haven't gotten to anyone's town who has them in their campground.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

FrictionlessEmu posted:

Here's my layout. I've finally gotten it so the place is entirely covered in flowers, outside of a few designated orchards and small areas surrounding each rock. :)

Also I realized I haven't posted my friend code yet - it's 2766-9200-8571. I'll add on some of the codes from people who've posted on this page and anyone else who adds me.

Does anyone have the Callie and Marie splatoon amiibos, btw? I really want to buy some of their stuff but I haven't gotten to anyone's town who has them in their campground.

I've got both and I can put one of them up today for you.

FC is 2793-0601-2483

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

How are you guys getting a picture of your bottom screen? I thought the game only lets you take pictures of the top.

Anyway here is my town of Illyria:

I've never liked having sections of the beach inaccessible, so that was the most important factor to me even before river shape. But this town hit all the right notes for me - minimal ponds, a nice clean shape, and town buildings mostly out of the way from the center. Even my villagers thought it'd be nice to largely move in all along one street :3: My only quibble is that the campground entrance is right next to the town hall, it's a little awkward.

Not sure how I'll do the layout on a finer level yet, but so far I want to fill the north section of my town with pine trees and give it kind of a Pacific Northwest feel (yeah, I know the beach is facing the wrong way...) since I played Life is Strange recently and really liked the aesthetic. The game doesn't put any kind of hidden restrictions on how many pine trees can be growing or anything like that, does it? I heard they won't grow if they're too far to the south so I thought I'd ask to be safe.

FrictionlessEmu
Jan 24, 2011

Pixeltendo posted:

FC is 2793-0601-2483

Awesome, thanks! I'd have a preference for Marie but either is fine.

I've added you, and I can come by your town whenever you have a chance to open your gates. And... maybe come by again with one of my secondary characters since it looks like I'd want to order more things than would fit in the 3-items-per-day limit.

e: You can take a picture of your bottom screen using Miiverse. Save it to your photo album, access your Miiverse account on your computer and download it.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

FrictionlessEmu posted:

Awesome, thanks! I'd have a preference for Marie but either is fine.

I've added you, and I can come by your town whenever you have a chance to open your gates. And... maybe come by again with one of my secondary characters since it looks like I'd want to order more things than would fit in the 3-items-per-day limit.

e: You can take a picture of your bottom screen using Miiverse. Save it to your photo album, access your Miiverse account on your computer and download it.

Will do, the gates are open now :)

FrictionlessEmu
Jan 24, 2011

Thanks again! Looking forward to the delivery tomorrow so I can dress up as a famous squid.

I have a normal Splatoon amiibo and also a Tom Nook one, by the way, so I could help out people who want to order from either of those. And I also have lots and lots of hybrids around my town, and I can offer breeding pairs to people who are missing a particular type and want to start growing some.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Anybody got a good turnip price today?

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Played for 15 more minutes and I'm hooked again, great. I'll start adding people starting with this page and .TakaM.

Friend code: 5000-2458-3284
Dream code: 5A00-0016-2030

I'll leave my gates open periodically throughout the weekend.

FrictionlessEmu posted:

Pixeltendo posted:

FC is 2793-0601-2483

Added all of you as well as .TakaM

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Yeah, let's do a

A FASHION BASH is a clothing swap. Everyone comes out of it looking very fashionable.

1. The BASH starts in your town. Get a full outfit to donate: Hat, Accesorry, Top, Bottom, Socks, and Shoes. Also get some wrapping paper.
You can replace the hat and accessory with a helmet. You can also replace the Top and Bottom with a dress.

2. Come to Summers!
At my town square, there will be small piles of wrapped clothing, sorted by type.

3. Grab a present from the hat pile, open it, put it on. Wrap the hat you brought to donate, and drop it in the pile. Don't forget to donate to keep the Bash going!

4. Repeat this process for each pile! Skip the accessory pile if you got a Helmet, skip the Bottom pile if you got a Dress.

5. For MAXIMUM FASHION, let Harriet pick your hair style. Set the slider to max formal, and use the bottom-most answer every time.

6. You are now High Fashion Superstar. Take a picture. Post it for everyone. Take your picture in the photo-booth for lasting memories.

If you are not on my Friend List, send me a PM, message me in the Discord, add me on steam, or make a post here.
My FC is 0001-3312-4455
I'll have the Bash going from today through Sunday, and my gates should be open the whole weekend, except when I'm adding peeps or sleeping.

Images from Past Bashes:

rhoga fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Nov 12, 2016

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

edit: ^^^^ We've a Discord room?

Added the above folks. My FC is 3668-7290-5168.

I downloaded the update and thought briefly about blowing it all away and starting fresh, but then I started running around the perfect town I spent ages working on with a lot of people's help and man, there's no way I can get rid of all of that. I'd rather buy a second copy of the game (which isn't actually that bad of an idea). I'll still get it appraised in the morning, though.

But the new campground thing seems neat and I wouldn't mind starting to play a bit more in the next few days.

Dongs! I was just thinking about Crackton today because of who's in my campsite:

Yeahhhh, about that-

rhoga posted:

Would people be interested in doing a Fashion Bash this weekend? It's been while since the last one happened.

:yeah:

Squats fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 11, 2016

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
I am super in for this Fashion Bash

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

IRL Wife Genovera and IRL Friend Rastaccu are the first to bash.
Let's see how it went.

I don't know if Genovera was a squid or a kid in the Before picture, but the After picture is clearly a "shady hotdog executive".

While Rastaccu got the bold look, "crazy Grandma had too much to drink and is coming in for a hug"

Giant Boy Detective posted:

edit: ^^^^ We've a Discord room?
Yep! In the OP: https://discord.gg/pfN42Ex
It's not exactly a hotbed of activity, tho

rhoga fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Nov 12, 2016

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Just a word, folks. If you don't donate to the Bash, the Bash doesn't work. If you take an outfit, leave an outfit.

Edit: vvvv Added you!

rhoga fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Nov 12, 2016

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

rhoga posted:

Yeah, let's do a

Can you add me, please? I need to get in on the fashion!
4725-8279-7831

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Does reporting a villager to Isabelle actually do anything? There's a villager in my town who wears a horrible pink/yellow plaid shirt, and I've reported him for bad clothes twice but his outfit hasn't changed

FrictionlessEmu
Jan 24, 2011

As far as I know, reporting a villager will just remove any custom design clothes, in case you pick up a Streetpass villager from someone who drew an offensive shirt design or something like that. Sadly you can't use it to get rid of normal shirts the game provides, no matter how hideous - I had a moldy shirt infestation in my village at one point that lasted several months.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

Giant Boy Detective posted:

Dongs! I was just thinking about Crackton today because of who's in my campsite:

Yeahhhh, about that-

FRIG OFF ASTRID NOBODY LIKES YOU.

GBD! I saw Lucha today and immediately thought of you. He hasn't mentioned how much he misses you lately, but I'm sure he will!

Animal Crossing: building friendships through mutual hatred of your neighbors.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Our IRL friend Rhin participated in the Fashion Bash too.

Before, a track boy.

After, a spring fresh bounty hunter, but what's with that moustache?

I want to see more Fashion Bash pictures!

Genovera fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Nov 12, 2016

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

gentle pete posted:

Does reporting a villager to Isabelle actually do anything? There's a villager in my town who wears a horrible pink/yellow plaid shirt, and I've reported him for bad clothes twice but his outfit hasn't changed

I suggest just mailing the villager something more tasteful until he/she actually changes into something. Although there's always the chance that their house will just have a bunch of clothes in place of furniture.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Zuzie posted:

I suggest just mailing the villager something more tasteful until he/she actually changes into something. Although there's always the chance that their house will just have a bunch of clothes in place of furniture.

man, it makes me so angry when I send a villager some clothes and they just put it on display in their house

i want you to wear it. wear the clothes!!!

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Closing the Fashion Bash for the night, it'll be back open in the morning.

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
Aw, I missed the fashion bash? Bummer!

Anyway, Animalia's gates are open, if anyone feel like coming over for a visit. As always, you can help yourself to ALL the flowers on the beach, every single hybrid is there. The non hybrids are all parent plants, if you want to up your hybrid chances. But please leave my other flowers alone. Care for some fruit? Then harvest my trees. All of them. Yes, even the perfect cherries. All yours if you want fruit. Left some spare furniture in front of the train station for you to pick up, anything that is for sale is all yours. Have fun! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Arghhhh really want a Bob amiibo card but they are like £20 on eBay. He was my favourite villager in my GameCube town but have never managed to get him in New Leaf

Who are your best villagers?
I currently like Lionel, Vladimir and Cousteau but I am fickle and change frequently.

Really want to kick Kidd out, his house was built in my flower garden in front of my house...

• Locked thread