Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
it improved Erina, I'm optimistic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Tomie knows me posted:

NO. GODDAMNIT.

Oh come on, like this wasn't telegraphed A MILLION MILES AWAY, with how they were going on about how the Polar Star dorm was like an independent nation and how there are a bunch of empty rooms and poo poo.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
There's a couple of other things that have happened assuming the spoilers are real: Tsukasa's opponent for the third stage was Isami and I now wish that was the match we spent 8 weeks on

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Compendium posted:

it improved Erina, I'm optimistic

:same:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Happy anniversary food manga

And goodbye to the other food manga

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
http://mangastream.com/r/shokugeki_no_souma/191/3793/1 It's up

E: Now how do I go about voting in a Japanese popularity poll

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 10, 2016

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

The last page hurts even if they'll probably overturn it later. :negative:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
This is a pretty good chapter and the kind of thing I read Shokugeki for, it's actually pretty dense and visually pretty much confirmed Saito's working with tuna without saying a word about it, the cat's out of the bag and the "sword" is out of it's sheath.

So now Souma's just below Erina like he was gunning for since the start of the Autumn Elections. I think a fight's coming pretty soon, the big question to me is: how badly does he lose?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

TheKingofSprings posted:

This is a pretty good chapter and the kind of thing I read Shokugeki for, it's actually pretty dense and visually pretty much confirmed Saito's working with tuna without saying a word about it, the cat's out of the bag and the "sword" is out of it's sheath.

So now Souma's just below Erina like he was gunning for since the start of the Autumn Elections. I think a fight's coming pretty soon, the big question to me is: how badly does he lose?

While not necessarily with Erina, I'm really hoping that Soma gets a match with a particularly disgusting ingredient coming up. Like Durian Fruit or something else. It'd be a good "guaranteed" elimination for him by Central that is mitigated by his long running battle with his dad in disgusting combinations.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

If he doesn't win the final cook off with Peanut Butter Squid, or whatever he had in the first chapter, this manga will have been for nothing.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

bladeworksmaster posted:

The last page hurts even if they'll probably overturn it later. :negative:

If Isami's out, that probably means a Takumi revenge match. Same for Hisako and Erina or maybe even Nao. Nikumi though, idk who's try and fight for her to get back in besides Souma.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I assume after the current Director is defeated with cooking and the Old Director is reinstated, everyone who has been kicked out by Central and all the clubs will be reinstated.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Gyges posted:

I assume after the current Director is defeated with cooking and the Old Director is reinstated, everyone who has been kicked out by Central and all the clubs will be reinstated.

I think the expulsion virtually guarantees Azami is out sooner rather than later.

Xelkelvos posted:

If Isami's out, that probably means a Takumi revenge match. Same for Hisako and Erina or maybe even Nao. Nikumi though, idk who's try and fight for her to get back in besides Souma.

Come to think of it, two of the people expelled are extremely close to two of the people with Souma, Souma has three friends in total with him right now and there are three stages left in this advancement exam... :unsmigghh:

If nothing else, this chapter showed me a really plausible reason for Erina to have a match against Souma: she might hate her dad but an offer to reinstate Hisako if she defeats Souma might actually be enough.

E: I wonder how that fan that mailed the author a pair of custom made silver mezzaluna charms for the Aldini's birthday a few months ago feels now?

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Nov 10, 2016

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

:laffo:

I love this manga so loving much :allears:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'm loving dying oh my god

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the best part is how that isn't even a food reaction

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

That reaction kind of justifies this whole drawn-out match.

Also the fact that they both basically made bear nuggets with dippin' sauce.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Ethiser posted:

If he doesn't win the final cook off with Peanut Butter Squid, or whatever he had in the first chapter, this manga will have been for nothing.

It's not even that bad a combination. Lightly breaded calamari tossed with stir-fried bell peppers and red onion, and served with peanut sauce sounds great, and I pulled that out of my rear end.

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Nov 11, 2016

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
souma doesn't automatically know what ingredients go together so he throws a bunch of poo poo at the wall without prejudice about what should stick getting in the way. most of the time he fails, and even when he succeeds he usually just recreates a preexisting technique or dish. experimenting is souma's primary talent, but that doesn't mean that his failures aren't failures.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I know it's not meant to be taken this way but "I will give up my life's work for you, Hayama" grates me a bit.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, her kid joined the food ss. drastic measures were necessary.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

blizzardvizard posted:

I know it's not meant to be taken this way but "I will give up my life's work for you, Hayama" grates me a bit.

also let's be fair, the shiomi seminar was just the vehicle for her life's work, nothing prevents her from piddling around in a polar star lab she'll just have a fleet of handsome boys securing her funding instead of getting it as a matter of course

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

blizzardvizard posted:

It's not a great thing either way, but it is definitely better if you remember they're supposed to have a Mother/Child relationship rather than Woman/Man. Not that the art even tries to make that clear.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

It's not a great thing either way, but it is definitely better if you remember they're supposed to have a Mother/Child relationship rather than Woman/Man. Not that the art even tries to make that clear.

according to the art everyone's loving tho.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think it is very clear that hayama has joined souma's harem now

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
maybe he will take nikumi's place and wardrobe

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

oh please jesus god please god yes

hopefully without re-sizing the clothes so the flame bikini tops are just hanging off him

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:syoon:

Nikumi will be missed but her sacrifice won't be in vain.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Nov 11, 2016

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Begemot posted:

That reaction kind of justifies this whole drawn-out match.

Also the fact that they both basically made bear nuggets with dippin' sauce.

And one of the sauces was honey-mustard.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
It's kind of strange that the author seems to want to group Megumi and Takumi together.

I guess the two of them being third and fourth most popular has something to do with it?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

TheKingofSprings posted:

It's kind of strange that the author seems to want to group Megumi and Takumi together.

I guess the two of them being third and fourth most popular has something to do with it?

Literally rivals for Soma's affection

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

TheKingofSprings posted:

Clearly this is so Takumi can lose first, and Megumi can avenge him for maximum dramatic effect.

please i'm begging, let megumi be badass again

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
sadly, i suspect that bringing together an anti-hitler faction was mostly so they could lose dramatically. maybe one or two of them will win their matches, but for the most part they are fodder.

megumi doesn't exactly get a lot of focus these days, so it isn't looking good for her.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Eej posted:

Literally rivals for Soma's affection

Takumi and Erina maybe, but the author's said on Twitter that Megumi just really respects Souma.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Takumi and Erina maybe, but the author's said on Twitter that Megumi just really respects Souma.

gently caress him and gently caress this manga then

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
megumi should find a better love interest than souma.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

megumi should find a better love interest than souma.

She did, he's Italian, handsome and will never be wanting for a steady job

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Make Megumi Happy Dammit

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Megumi x Alice, make it happen Tosh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Logicblade posted:

Megumi x Alice, make it happen Tosh!

Alice deserves some sort of Alice clone or alternate cooking dimension Alice.