Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
:ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

reality check: progressives will do nothing and become the simpering centrist dogs they've always been and hope for the GOP to gently caress up enough that they have a chance to retake the Presidency in 2024

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

where the gently caress has trump claimed he's not going to repeal aca

where?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

One of the downtown high schools in my city had a student walkout which, according to my brother, was signaled with a student pulling a fire alarm.

The school administration straight up told all the parents and the press that it was actually a glitch caused by the sprinkler system repairs they were secretly doing, and because they were simply exiting the building in response to any fire alarm as they are trained to do, no students will be facing any disciplinary action beyond being marked absent for "any class time they miss" not counting classes cancelled due to zero attendance of course. The kids were all over the news with signs and stuff so nobody is under any illusion.

Mad loving props to those admins.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

That's a nice Republican to keep in the shed post-Trump.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
trump and multiple GOP aides have walked back "repeal all of ACA" all day today and yesterday

turtle walked back a bunch of stuff about coal today too.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

NecroMonster posted:

where the gently caress has trump claimed he's not going to repeal aca

where?

Edit: misread my bad.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

turns out obstructionist rhetoric gets really hard to follow through on when you're the party in power!

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

TayIor Swift posted:

i want a boyfriend >_<

I'd be your girlfriend :wink:

But I don't think you're into that and I'm super lovely at relationships

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Most dictators like dogs. They enjoy unconditional love and loyalty.

Cats, on the other hand, requires putting up with some poo poo.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

TayIor Swift posted:

i want a boyfriend >_<

Yours was the oppo dump I missed the most

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Schnorkles posted:

trump and multiple GOP aides have walked back "repeal all of ACA" all day today and yesterday

turtle walked back a bunch of stuff about coal today too.

hm turns out it was fracking that has killed coal can't gently caress with fracking since in the petroleum industry gives us more money than the coal industry so eat poo poo coal miners

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

also i've been reading a lot about 1968 guess it will be fun to live in it

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Concordat posted:

Most dictators like dogs. They enjoy unconditional love and loyalty.

Cats, on the other hand, requires putting up with some poo poo.

they are work, but they are so much worth that work

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Darkman Fanpage posted:

hm turns out it was fracking that has killed coal can't gently caress with fracking since in the petroleum industry gives us more money than the coal industry so eat poo poo coal miners

turns out that even if you deregulate all of the things coal isn't profitable at all sooo

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/797294479904571393

https://twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/797295051445587968

it's gonna be bad

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it would be amazing if the republican party actually took the needs of the working class to heart and helped them

it would also be totally counter to the republican party

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Schnorkles posted:

turns out obstructionist rhetoric gets really hard to follow through on when you're the party in power!

oh poo poo! we gotta so something?!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

what will be bad is if trump makes john bolton secretary of state.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
"shocked when he won"

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

a.lo posted:

oh poo poo! we gotta so something?!

paul ryan's 'plan' is complete political suicide and nothing more than a talking piece to put heat on a democratic executive to try and wring small concessions.

the gop basically agrees on 'deregulate some stuff' and past that it's a shitshow

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Schnorkles posted:

reminder that the GOP is so hosed because they are not prepared to govern right now~

Yeah keep in mind 2012 ushered in a lot of Tea partiers in with the standard GOP ranks.

United against an enemy the issues could be swept under the rug easily but now they have to work together.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

like, their options are "actually do something", "do nothing/bad things and become even more the villain in everyones minds" or "fascist takeover and purges"

i don't like these chances, personally

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4DjctmnmPI

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i think comparing trump to hitler is unfair. to hitler. hitler had ambition and a vision of a greater germany. not saying that it was a good thing just that he had bigger ideas than seeing his name on everything. trump is more of a run of the mill populist strongman bent on feeding his own ego at the expense of his country.

pretty sure trump has a vision of a greater america that includes marginalizing millions of people. I think painting Trump as a stupid idiot who has no plans is a bad idea at this point, that notion made sense before he actually won everything. That he's appointing some of the most racist public voices in the US(that aren't straight up members of the KKK) to his cabinet and transition team is to me at least pointing to the notion that someone on his team has a goal.

In the end though, even a stupid idiot can be inspired/pushed by his stupid idiot supporters to actually follow through with stupid idiot poo poo

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Does he realize that presidents work on the weekend?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

does this mean we get to complain about the amount of time he spends on the golf course like they did with obama? :mrgw: time to work on my golf jokes.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

NecroMonster posted:

like, their options are "actually do something", "do nothing/bad things and become even more the villain in everyones minds" or "fascist takeover and purges"

i don't like these chances, personally

it's.. pretty hard to do a fascist takeover of the american system. federalism kinda makes things problematic.

right-leaning supreme court justices are also much more likely to take a dim view of the federal government making onerous demands of the state governments. kennedy and roberts have been working to design a new legal category around disallowing "federal coercion" of state governments

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Vladimir Putin posted:

Does he realize that presidents work on the weekend?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

probably not

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Schnorkles posted:

turns out that even if you deregulate all of the things coal isn't profitable at all sooo

is there a reason why we (Australia) have done so well out of coal over the past 10-15 years and America hasn't?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

basically in order to do all the things you'd need to do to side the country towards authoritarianism you'd probably need a left leaning supreme court who agrees with strong federal power

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Schnorkles posted:

it's.. pretty hard to do a fascist takeover of the american system. federalism kinda makes things problematic.

right-leaning supreme court justices are also much more likely to take a dim view of the federal government making onerous demands of the state governments. kennedy and roberts have been working to design a new legal category around disallowing "federal coercion" of state governments

i dunno, what if you just shoot everyone who doesn't agree with/work with you the way the nazi's did?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor Spaceman posted:

is there a reason why we (Australia) have done so well out of coal over the past 10-15 years and America hasn't?

too much money invested in it so no one has the balls to change it. the only politicians that have guts in the US are the terrible ones apparently.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

NecroMonster posted:

i dunno, what if you just shoot everyone who doesn't agree with/work with you the way the nazi's did?

i am inclined to believe that this won't happen.

I guess if I am shot and killed in a fascist coup you can laugh at my corpse.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
“It’s so great our enemies are making themselves clear so that when we get in to the White House, we know where we stand...If [Graham] felt his interests was with that candidate, God bless him. I would never judge anybody for exercising their right to and the freedom to choose who they want. But let me just tell you, Mr. Trump has a long memory and we’re keeping a list.”

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Doctor Spaceman posted:

you have china and the rest of asia to sell to

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

a lot of american coal is really lovely coal too from my recollection, though i am no expert in coal

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

literally no one took the nazi's seriously either, until the nazi's had enough power to just kill anyone who dissented

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

NecroMonster posted:

literally no one took the nazi's seriously either, until the nazi's had enough power to just kill anyone who dissented

okay cool, thanks.

• Locked thread