Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

wtf is miltank doing at the top of your list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

mabels big day posted:

Croagunk FTW. Looker FTW.

looker's croagunk is dead bitch

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

It's SuMo because "sumo" is a word.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

All of them have cartoony proportions at least, and most have something going on that's unusual like bony protrusions or giant jaws or a huge mustache.

Even Herdier is based on a specific kind of dog, which gives it at least some kind of middling visual charm. The previous forms of the Legendary Beasts were just plain-looking mutts.

Yeah, but being plain, forgettable pokemon is part of why it's amazing that they turn into these unique and beautiful looking dog things. If pre-form entei looked like some kind of weird proto Entei, it'd be lame.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

mega beedrill this gen

leech life buff+fell stinger buff+mega speed buff 👌👌👌👌👌👌👌

also mega swampert getting to pop swift swim first turn from his pal pelipper 👌

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
what was the fell stinger buff

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

it got bumped to 50 base power and gives a +3 buff on kill

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Countblanc posted:

BP raised from 30 to 50. Attack Boost on kill raised from +2 to +3. :getin:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

pokemon babe #5

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Supremezero posted:

... I'm assuming you don't see the obvious problem with this.

DP wasn't a problem, why is SM

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Dr. Fetus posted:

BP raised from 30 to 50. Attack Boost on kill raised from +2 to +3. :getin:
:eyepop:

I read about the BP bump, but where'd you get info for the stat boost? Does it straight up say "drastically" in game instead of "sharply"?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

mandatory lesbian posted:

DP wasn't a problem, why is SM

DiPe is worse

Also SuMo is fun to type and say.

SUMO!

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Ruggington posted:

MEGA BEEDRILL BUFF BOIZ

Please do a Top Pokemon Buff Boiz list after your Top Pokemon Babes list, tia

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Banette, Lucario, Houndoom, Manectric, Pinsir, and Absol are also pretty big winners with the Mega Evolution turn order change.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
SM is fine. If you don't put the & in the middle for the joke then it's just a normal abbreviation and using two letters is for remakes, like FRLG, HGSS and ORAS that have two words.

OTOH it doesn't matter and you know what people mean whenever you see Pokemon SM or Pokemon SuMo.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it's sumo, cheers

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

HORMELCHILI posted:

Pre-ordered Moon on amazon prime, and its saying that it doesn't have a delivery estimate yet. Does that mean I won't be getting this on release date?

I think it's just what they say when they can't ship it right this second. There's a good chance you'll get it release day but this is my first time preordering them on Prime so I don't have any past experience with it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

on the bored wop posted:

Please do a Top Pokemon Buff Boiz list after your Top Pokemon Babes list, tia

7) wigglytuff

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

When saying SuMo, this sound effect plays from somewhere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq2A-AYw4bE

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Just want to point out that speed changes means Mega Ray is even more unstoppable now. Nothing new in Gen 7 to knock it off it's throne, even gimmicky stuff like Pyukumuku.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

coincidentally, also number 4 on the babes list

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

Banette, Lucario, Houndoom, Manectric, Pinsir, and Absol are also pretty big winners with the Mega Evolution turn order change.

wait, whats this about?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

mabels big day posted:

wait, whats this about?

Oh, Metagross too.

Turn order is now calculated after taking into consideration a Mega Evolution's stats and abilities, not before.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Xerneas is also an absolutely unbelievable horror if it manages to get Z-Geomancy off. +1 Attack +1 Def +3 Sp. Attack, + 3 Sp. Def, +3 Speed. You have to spend a turn charging but sweet merciful Satan have pity on anything trying to stand in it's way afterwards.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Captain Fargle posted:

Xerneas is also an absolutely unbelievable horror if it manages to get Z-Geomancy off. +1 Attack +1 Def +3 Sp. Attack, + 3 Sp. Def, +3 Speed. You have to spend a turn charging but sweet merciful Satan have pity on anything trying to stand in it's way afterwards.

How does Z-Geomancy work? Is it White Herb-able?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

That would be an interesting feat, since you need to hold a z-stone to use a z-move.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

What happens if you use Mirror Move or Copycat to copy a Z-Move? For that matter, what do Z-Mirror Move and Z-Copycat do?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

The Pokemon Babe Bronze Medalist at #3 is

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
boo this man

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Captain Fargle posted:

Just want to point out that speed changes means Mega Ray is even more unstoppable now. Nothing new in Gen 7 to knock it off it's throne, even gimmicky stuff like Pyukumuku.

The idea of trying to stop a super strong pokemon by making something even stronger is how we got to Mega Rayquaza in the first place! Smogon won't let it touch any tier and VGC won't allow Megas for Year 1 period. Hopefully year 2 will have a no legendaries clause as well.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

After playing the first ten minutes of SuMo I really wish we could have our mom be the reoccurring rival character instead of generic little brother who will never have a chance at being as cool as us

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Supremezero posted:

That would be an interesting feat, since you need to hold a z-stone to use a z-move.

Oh duh. Forgot about that

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

After playing the first ten minutes of SuMo I really wish we could have our mom be the reoccurring rival character instead of generic little brother who will never have a chance at being as cool as us

Morality System in place: You can visit your mom often times as you get Fly early on. Failing to visit her will result in harder and harder battles.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
http://pastebin.com/d5Hed1cw

Here is all of the status z-moves and effects. Shout out to z-movified conversion with +1 all stats on porygon-Z plus shadow ball

Edit: oh yeah "reset user stats" is white herb style so it just removes stat decrements without taking your boosts

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

The Second Babenest Pocket Monster's character is:

:eyepop:💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

+1 boost to tall stats immediately upon using the Z-Move. Geomancy then plays out normally, starting with it's charge turn.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Apparently you lose your avatar if you get banned so I need a cool new avatar of something from the Popplio line, tia

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i didnt even know fell stinger was a move until just now

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

cheetah7071 posted:

Apparently you lose your avatar if you get banned so I need a cool new avatar of something from the Popplio line, tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

cheetah7071 posted: