Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

FB Scoops is saying Jeff Tedford is close to finalizing a deal to take over at Fresno State.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I'm ready for a new generation of Tedford QBs

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Alaois posted:

I'm ready for a new generation of Tedford QBs

hell yeah :cool::respek::cool:

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

MourningView posted:

Hawaii is not good but they're way better than I thought they'd be. The rando they hired seems like he might be ok

Yeah. We all like him a lot. He's gutsy and takes chances which is the kind of poo poo you have to do with a team like Hawaii.

I mean we opened the year with an onside kick. How can you not love that?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Tedford to Fresno State has been made official. $1.6mil/year

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
If Charlie Strong can beat WVU then a TCU team that has looked pretty beatable is all that stands between him and locking down the job for another year (I'm giving him the Kansas win). With 8 regular season wins, an active 5-game win streak, and a chance to keep it going in a bowl game, I think there's no question he stays.

At 7 wins, it might be quite the conundrum. Assuming Louisville beats Houston, is a 9-3 or 8-4 Tom Herman a clear upgrade over a 7-5 Charlie Strong? Are we going to pay $18m in buyouts to fire our whole current staff, on top of whatever it takes to get Herman and a whole new staff in here, just to find out? All I know is, whatever move we make will almost certainly bite us in the rear end in a way that seems completely foreseeable in hindsight. If we pass on Herman, we'll get utterly humiliated in our bowl game and Herman will take some other team to the playoff in his first year while Texas flounders. If we fire Strong to go all-in on Herman, we'll spend another four years wandering in the wilderness with him while Strong spends a year killing it as a DC before landing a HC gig in the ACC or SEC and winning a ton of games there. It is known.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Komet posted:

Lol, some radio dude in Nashville is hyping James Franklin up for the Tennessee job.

As if Franklin would rebuild Penn State from the ground up into a top 10 team to leave to take on a dumpster fire. Tennessee isn't even a lateral move from Penn State at this point.

lol at this whole post

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

lol at this whole post

Shoop thought it was a step up.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
His goal was to get a HC job, and the profile is definitely higher in the SEC. The presumption also was that Tennessee was loaded with seniors but PSU would be rebuilding a bit and Franklin might be under heat.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Demon Of The Fall posted:

lol at this whole post

LOL!!!!!! Nothing about this post is factually incorrect!!!! Haha.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean he never says Penn State is good so technically that is true.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Penn State is pretty dang good.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Given the events of the past 10 years or so, how could any coach pass up the Tennessee job? eSpECially for a historically garbage program like Penn State? I can't comprehend it!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
This argument is dumb anyway because nobody in Knoxville wants James Franklin as the HC.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Baaaaaaaaalllss

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Welp, that should do it for Helfrich and Hoke.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Joey Freshwater posted:

This argument is dumb anyway because nobody in Knoxville wants James Franklin as the HC.

It is a lot to swallow to have to aspire to Vanderbilt's level of success

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Roasted Donut posted:

It is a lot to swallow to have to aspire to Vanderbilt's level of success

This is a better burn than I expected, Vandy finished better than Tennessee every year Franklin was there.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Uw working on extending Peterson up to 10 years. Jeez, I know he's good but that seems a bit excessive.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

kayakyakr posted:

I mean, the only coaches in the nation who are pretty much guaranteed to get you titles would be Saban and Meyer.

They wouldn't be getting #1 recruiting classes in Oregon unless that $10 million was for bag men.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
So i think we can say that Helton's seat has definitely cooled off

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake
So Georgia State fired it's coach. Not super shocking as he was 9-38, but he did make a bowl last year (but opened 2-8 this year).

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I dunno if I like it but I don't think sumlin survives. With one more loss he's definitely gone

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

PrinceRandom posted:

I dunno if I like it but I don't think sumlin survives. With one more loss he's definitely gone

He is 0-2 against the terrible state of Mississippi this year, maybe it's not the worst thing in the world.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

God the interim coach situation for Oregon is dire if Helfrich is canned mid-season. Interim Coach Brady Hoke is a nightmare, the LB coach who was demoted from DC last year (Pellum) would be just as bad. On offense, OC Matt Lubick is relatively unknown since OC was Scott Frost's position until he took the UCF job. It would be cool to recognize RB coach Gary Campbell's contribution to the program over the many years.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

got any sevens posted:

Uw working on extending Peterson up to 10 years. Jeez, I know he's good but that seems a bit excessive.

Didn't Notre Dame give Weis a 10-year extension after losing to USC? We know how that worked out

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Maxwells Demon posted:

God the interim coach situation for Oregon is dire if Helfrich is canned mid-season. Interim Coach Brady Hoke is a nightmare, the LB coach who was demoted from DC last year (Pellum) would be just as bad. On offense, OC Matt Lubick is relatively unknown since OC was Scott Frost's position until he took the UCF job. It would be cool to recognize RB coach Gary Campbell's contribution to the program over the many years.

I think Greatwood would be the best choice in this situation.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

Didn't Notre Dame give Weis a 10-year extension after losing to USC? We know how that worked out

Maybe ND incepted them as revenge for Ty Willingham.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Maxwells Demon posted:

It would be hilarious if Hoke became Interim HC when his historically terrible defense is the main reason everyone would be getting fired. I'm rooting for it

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Hoke's explanation on how Oregon managed to have 14 defensive players on the field after back to back Stanford timeouts at one point:

"They were in a different group one time and then another group and we were in a group and we didn't get enough guys in the other group off the field"

jesus christ

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Hoke is gonna be a really awesome dline coach and recruiting coordinator for someone next year

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I've just realized one potential downside to hiring Ed Orgeron as head coach for LSU, regardless of whether he's good or terrible. It would make scanning threads really difficult when people are talking about Oregon.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

A.o.D. posted:

I've just realized one potential downside to hiring Ed Orgeron as head coach for LSU, regardless of whether he's good or terrible. It would make scanning threads really difficult when people are talking about Oregon.

It already is :smith:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

A.o.D. posted:

if he gets the LSU job he can emerge as his final form and take the name Rémy Gumbogator

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

PrinceRandom posted:

It may depend on which schools are looking. If LSU keeps Orgeron and Texas keeps Strong, we may make the jump if/when we get steamrolled by LSU. I'm not sure what type of coach we'll go after though.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I'd be pretty shocked if the boosters who got Miles fired are going to be satisfied replacing him the Ed Orgeron, regardless of how the rest of the seasons goes.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

SeaborneClink posted:

It already is :smith:

Don't worry, no one is talking about Oregon anymore.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I want Head Coach O in my life again

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
So who's going to win the PJ Fleck sweepstakes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

So who's going to win the PJ Fleck sweepstakes?

Desperately praying it will be WMU (it will not be WMU)

• Locked thread