Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Some of the issues faced by post-op ostomates are:

1) Initial anxiety due to physical changes & fear of injury
2) Feelings of loneliness or a sense of rejection
3) Inability to achieve an erection / lubrication / orgasm.

what's it mean if i experience this pre-op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Would deffo kill myself if I had to get a stoma and colostomy bag.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

:same: :barf:

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Nov 3, 2016

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Sorry dizzle

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

A colostomy bag makes it easier to fling poop at people that displease you. That at least is something worth living for.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

GutBomb posted:

Sorry dizzle

Worst part isnt the indians losing, its all the fucks who only tuned into game 7 writing articles "Is it FINALLY time to change the indians RACIST logo"?

No shame in losing by 1 point in the 10th inning in game 7 :) See you in 2035

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Worst part isnt the indians losing, its all the fucks who only tuned into game 7 writing articles "Is it FINALLY time to change the indians RACIST logo"?

No shame in losing by 1 point in the 10th inning in game 7 :) See you in 2035

I didn't say it during game 7. I said it during game 1

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Bentley Continental is cool and good.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Snow? I LOVE SNOW!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Where has the 570S been all my life? That thing rolls off the line perfect; I had a hard time finding ways to tune it up to 900 without diminishing the driving experience.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

ethanol posted:

Some of the issues faced by post-op ostomates are:

1) Initial anxiety due to physical changes & fear of injury
2) Feelings of loneliness or a sense of rejection
3) Inability to achieve an erection / lubrication / orgasm.

what's it mean if i experience this pre-op

I think it means you own a miata!!!!!

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

I was happy to see that Kalashnikov has a boring corporate logo that a babby like me could easily re-create

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

A Handed Missus posted:

I was happy to see that Kalashnikov has a boring corporate logo that a babby like me could easily re-create

You got the logo right, but you forgot an A in the name.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

wolrah posted:

You got the logo right, but you forgot an A in the name.

that is pretty messed up :(

mistakes have been corrected

like and subscribe to xPOLKAx for all ur Trump Pence desires!!

A Handed Missus fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Nov 7, 2016

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
I forgot about the forza app. I can get 350k a week from having all the forza's since 3. You have to open it every week but free money. Not sure if pc has the app.

Tighran
Jun 28, 2004

DogonCrook posted:

I forgot about the forza app. I can get 350k a week from having all the forza's since 3. You have to open it every week but free money. Not sure if pc has the app.

It does. Across all games I get like 23 million each time... but only 600k of that is in Horizon 3.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Can we talk about For a Apex in here ?

Also why does the forms app not use for a 1 or 2 for bonuses ?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
What?

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

jonathan posted:

Can we talk about For a Apex in here ?

Also why does the forms app not use for a 1 or 2 for bonuses ?

I don't think those games were built the required online functionality to sync up their progress that all of the games from FM2 on have had.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Xbox Live's system-wide Clubs feature apparently went live today, so I grabbed Goon Racing Club. It's publicly visible but requires approval right now. All members can invite people, and I've invited a the people on my friends list who are on the spreadsheet in the OP.

Anyone who is a leader of one of the existing in-game groups bug me and I'll make you a leader on this too.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

So the game no longer crashes. That's cool. It's a really good game

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Haha sorry. Up all night working.

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus

wolrah posted:

Xbox Live's system-wide Clubs feature apparently went live today, so I grabbed Goon Racing Club. It's publicly visible but requires approval right now. All members can invite people, and I've invited a the people on my friends list who are on the spreadsheet in the OP.

Anyone who is a leader of one of the existing in-game groups bug me and I'll make you a leader on this too.

3 members - things can only get better 😁

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

wolrah posted:

I've joined!

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
Major kudos to the Australian public works department, who is able to rebuild fences and telephone poles, and replace trash cans in between laps of circuit races. They're a crackin' hooley dooly repair team!

My eyes got a little blurry during a 3 lap Goliath public championship race and I slammed into the grandstands right in front of the finish line. Good thing my S1 class car had plenty of power so I just spun my wheels trying to go in reverse then forward again and it took me from 1st to 7th place. DAMMIT, MY XP!

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Were they ever talking about bringing Forza 6 over to PC instead of just Apex? Fingers crossed that FH3 does well enough that Forza 7 gets to be Windows 10.

AFAIK First party games are gonna be Windows 10. If its a console exclusive it should now be a Windows exclusive. This means Halo, Forza, and all sorts of other things are either build side by side or ported from the get go.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

snograt posted:

3 members - things can only get better 😁

Up to 6 now, I just got back home and approved all pending requests.

edit: I tried to start inviting everyone on the spreadsheet, but it'll only allow me to invite people on my friends list. I've been lazy about adding people to my friends historically and it's a bit tedious, so I just added the names I remember racing against a lot in previous games and sent them invites.

As I understand it anyone who's in should now be able to invite anyone on their friends list, plus anyone can still find it and send a request to join, so hopefully we can get the group filled in with most of the regulars at least over the next few days

wolrah fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Nov 12, 2016

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

wolrah posted:

Up to 6 now, I just got back home and approved all pending requests.

edit: I tried to start inviting everyone on the spreadsheet, but it'll only allow me to invite people on my friends list. I've been lazy about adding people to my friends historically and it's a bit tedious, so I just added the names I remember racing against a lot in previous games and sent them invites.

As I understand it anyone who's in should now be able to invite anyone on their friends list, plus anyone can still find it and send a request to join, so hopefully we can get the group filled in with most of the regulars at least over the next few days

Cool, sent invites to those on my list.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I just invited a bunch of guys from AUGR, GTCC, and SAEG, as well as the new GRC folk.

I really hope 7 has the club garage.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
I just installed and played Forza Apex (why not it is free!) and what the bloody hell, the force feedback and steering in that game are amazing. Not only can you feel the road and tell before you start to slip, the car doesn't become a hot oversteering mess the instant the wheels start to give. In Horizons 3, if ever I hear the chirp of a tire breaking loose, forget it, I am going sideways into the woods. With an xbox controller I do great in both. How can the two games be so different in their wheel implementations in that one is completely unusable and the other is everything I want it to be?

I can barely even drive down the road with the wheel in FH3, and racing is impossible without a million rewinds. Apex is great right with the default settings, is there a way to make Horizons work the same way?

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
No. Don't use a wheel in Horizon games.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

CapnBry posted:

I just installed and played Forza Apex (why not it is free!) and what the bloody hell, the force feedback and steering in that game are amazing. Not only can you feel the road and tell before you start to slip, the car doesn't become a hot oversteering mess the instant the wheels start to give. In Horizons 3, if ever I hear the chirp of a tire breaking loose, forget it, I am going sideways into the woods. With an xbox controller I do great in both. How can the two games be so different in their wheel implementations in that one is completely unusable and the other is everything I want it to be?

I can barely even drive down the road with the wheel in FH3, and racing is impossible without a million rewinds. Apex is great right with the default settings, is there a way to make Horizons work the same way?

Yeah I've noticed the steering feels more squirrelly in FH3 than Apex. Granted, I kind of expect that from my Koenigsesgesgegegsegsegg Regera, but not from a rally car. Then again, I'm also a big dumb babby who still uses automatic transmission (and should really practice more with manual), and my garage is a hot mess of the ultimate edition's free cars, a bunch of classic/modern muscle and a smattering of offroad/buggy/barn jobs. Also, in hindsight this has nowhere near enough stickers, spoilers or lights

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

GET ER DONE

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Hexenritter posted:

Yeah I've noticed the steering feels more squirrelly in FH3 than Apex. Granted, I kind of expect that from my Koenigsesgesgegegsegsegg Regera, but not from a rally car. Then again, I'm also a big dumb babby who still uses automatic transmission (and should really practice more with manual), and my garage is a hot mess of the ultimate edition's free cars, a bunch of classic/modern muscle and a smattering of offroad/buggy/barn jobs. Also, in hindsight this has nowhere near enough stickers, spoilers or lights

I believe in you.

Also, installing updates that hopefully include the live club thing. This is me bugging you, wolrah.

I don't have the features yet but the update seems small-ish.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Now if only I understood the first thing about classes, upgrading and tuning. About all I know at this point (coming into this from mostly arcade racers, a few hours of Apex and a few hours of PCars) can be mostly broken down into:
"tyre compounds look like a good idea but everything else is better value for class number:effect"
"handling > *"
"soften the rear sway bar a bit"
"don't floor the brake"
"be done braking before you enter the curve, accelerate out of the apex"
"e-brake is for chumps"
"I am a scrub and won't be able to drift until I get the hang of manual transmission"
"do not use the auto-upgrader"
"I could sit and Roxbury to Ingrid is a Hybrid all day"
"lol I paid $100 for this"

I enjoy the game a lot and it's definitely scratching my itch in a different way than PCars. I just think I need to git gudder.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Nov 12, 2016

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Not Keket taught me something super-valuable (and I'm still working on it):

Drifting: Is not totally about gearing or HP, but it's especially not about steering inputs.

You initiate the drift in the way you now how, then you keep it going with the throttle. Steering neutral. Switching directions, ok that's gonna be step two.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Obligatory Pursuit Special post

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Dr. Faustus posted:

This is me bugging you, wolrah.

Got ya.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Dr. Faustus posted:

Not Keket taught me something super-valuable (and I'm still working on it):

Drifting: Is not totally about gearing or HP, but it's especially not about steering inputs.

You initiate the drift in the way you now how, then you keep it going with the throttle. Steering neutral. Switching directions, ok that's gonna be step two.

Aside from 800HP monster twin turbo engine swaps, suspension tuning has the greatest affect on drifting outside of raw technique. High HP just makes it easier to power over but you can basically drift anything RWD with proper clutchkicking and enough speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Hexenritter posted:

Now if only I understood the first thing about classes, upgrading and tuning. About all I know at this point (coming into this from mostly arcade racers, a few hours of Apex and a few hours of PCars) can be mostly broken down into:
"tyre compounds look like a good idea but everything else is better value for class number:effect"
"handling > *"
"soften the rear sway bar a bit"
"don't floor the brake"
"be done braking before you enter the curve, accelerate out of the apex"
"e-brake is for chumps"
"I am a scrub and won't be able to drift until I get the hang of manual transmission"
"do not use the auto-upgrader"
"I could sit and Roxbury to Ingrid is a Hybrid all day"
"lol I paid $100 for this"

I enjoy the game a lot and it's definitely scratching my itch in a different way than PCars. I just think I need to git gudder.

E brake is not for chumps.

Drifting is throttle control more than anything you can probably do it with an automatic.

Forza tune on android or go look for an excel database for tuning. I use forza tune to get my spring stiffness and damper settings in the ballpark and then tweak from there. The stock settings for race suspension are always way too stiff, and this makes them especially bad for horizon considering the terrain.

Alternatively don't go past sport suspension and stick to tuning with sway bars and differential till you get a feel for it.

• Locked thread