Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Teenage Fansub posted:

All-Star Batman #4

This is clearly an impostor! Batman hates Rock 'n Roll!

ImpAtom posted:

I guess I need to get Renew Your Vows.

Please do, we gotta support this thing or it might not make it! :ohdear:

Edit:
New page, have a panel!

Marvel: NOW what?!

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Nov 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Just popping in to let everyone know that the Spider-Man comic on the last page is on Comixology and if you don't buy it, you've let Spider-Man down.

Her lil suit looks like Ben's :3:

SonicRulez fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Nov 10, 2016

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Yvonmukluk posted:

I don't know what I like most; Spider-Storm's design, "With Great Stilts", or the fact that everyone's on a first-name basis with Thor.

Speaking of Thor, while not technically "official" funny panels, this guy redrew all of Thor #163 for Inktober rewriting the dialog and even recreating the ads.

From his instagram; that's some seriously good Kirby perspective-ing there.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Batman hates Punk!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yvonmukluk posted:

Please do, we gotta support this thing or it might not make it! :ohdear:

Edit:
New page, have a panel!

The only man to successfully transform a cow into a nanny is hilarious AND accurate for the character's history.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

SonicRulez posted:

Just popping in to let everyone know that the Spider-Man comic on the last page is on Comixology and if you don't buy it, you've let Spider-Man down.

Her lil suit looks like Ben's :3:

Aw, now you made me miss Spider-Girl.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

Batman hates Punk!

Who wrote this and how can we ensure they end up with the runny shits as punishment?

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Yvonmukluk posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the only song Batman likes is Neil Young and Crazy Horse's 'Hey hey, My My (Into the Black)', and was inspired to take up the cowl due to seriously misinterpreting the song.

SomeJazzyRat fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Nov 10, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Who wrote this and how can we ensure they end up with the runny shits as punishment?

Are you kidding me, Batman's description of Punk should go into every album's liner notes.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Lurdiak posted:

Are you kidding me, Batman's description of Punk should go into every album's liner notes.

Yeah, most punk bands would love to be described that way.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I gave up on Batman after We Are Robin, is that guy in yellow with the bat-chuks Duke?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah, most punk bands would love to be described that way.

Like over half of modern musical genres would love to be described that way, and by Batman no less.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Scaramouche posted:

I gave up on Batman after We Are Robin, is that guy in yellow with the bat-chuks Duke?

No, that's supposed to be Dick, believe it or not. And this came out in the nineties.
EDIT; Oh wait you were looking at the thing from the last page.

Honestly I would have thought that Bruce would have a taste for classic British punk from being raised by Alfred since he was eight.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I don't believe Batman really listens to music, though he may study it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Riddler went through a whole phase where he did a lot of references to pop music lyrics so Batman memorizes everything that hits the top 100.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
that's what he says, but really bats is just a big karaoke fan

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Scaramouche posted:

Yep.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55zpDpTbAiw

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

I'm depressed that I can't find video, but I just remembered a classic bit from the original BTAS Riddler episode.

quote:

BATMAN: "When is the Minotaur's owner as high as an elephant's eye?"
ROBIN: Hmm. . . Mockridge owns the Minotaur, but what's as high as an elephant's eye?
BATMAN: Corn.
ROBIN: Corn?
BATMAN: An old song lyric; before your time.

Flew right the gently caress over my head as a kid.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Riddler needs to have an enemy called The Questionnaire who points out how there could be multiple solutions to his riddles.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

That would be Gerard Jones and Gene Ha's magnum opus Batman: Fortunate Son. And that's not even the funniest thing in it.

Go on. Just guess when he listened to rock and roll for the first and last time.

Batman pondering the social significance of I Am the Walrus may be the funniest thing I've ever read.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Oh my god, did Bruce's parents take him to see "Oklahoma!" the night they died?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yes, father. i shall become... a singing cowboy!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

FAT BATMAN posted:

Oh my god, did Bruce's parents take him to see "Oklahoma!" the night they died?

I can't remember for sure but I think the justification is that Bruce Wayne was a young tearaway punk for a while when he was a teenager.

The best part of that comic is that the villain is a Kurt Cobian stand-in called Crowe who whinges about sell-outs, and when Batman punches him out, he yells, "TWIST AND SHOUT, MR CROWE!"

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
This seems like as good a time as any to bring up Lego Batman's self-recorded track, "Untitled Self-Portrait"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqv_LUStxDw

I can only hope that The Lego Batman Movie explores this further.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Doc Hawkins posted:

I'm depressed that I can't find video, but I just remembered a classic bit from the original BTAS Riddler episode.

Flew right the gently caress over my head as a kid.
I don't have it anymore, but I had exactly this episode on VHS when I was a kid :3: I watched the hell out of it.
The word they wanted was another name for corn, 'maize'- The maze at the amusement park.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

qntm posted:

This seems like as good a time as any to bring up Lego Batman's self-recorded track, "Untitled Self-Portrait"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqv_LUStxDw

I can only hope that The Lego Batman Movie explores this further.

Did not expect this to actually make me laugh aloud. Well played, Lego Cinematic Universe.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

That would be from Batman: Fortunate Son by Gerard Jones and Gene Ha. The part with Bruce pondering I Am The Walrus is when he basically locks himself in the cave and studies rock music for a whole day to understand the villain. The villain is basically a delusional Kurt Cobain being manipulated by an evil record company guy.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I've read this issue half a dozen times, it was only when someone pointed it out that I noticed that Riptide is making the air quote gesture with this hands

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gaz-L posted:

That would be from Batman: Fortunate Son by Gerard Jones and Gene Ha. The part with Bruce pondering I Am The Walrus is when he basically locks himself in the cave and studies rock music for a whole day to understand the villain. The villain is basically a delusional Kurt Cobain being manipulated by an evil record company guy.

I think Gerard Jones would have been maybe 40 when he wrote that, so not the sort of age you'd expect a guy to be going all, "I don't trust these teen-agers with their rocking and rolling muzak!"

Maybe he just read the wrong Chick tract:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Nothing angers Wonder Woman more than a really bad wedgie!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
She really needs to get her cups properly sized so she gets proper support.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think Gerard Jones would have been maybe 40 when he wrote that, so not the sort of age you'd expect a guy to be going all, "I don't trust these teen-agers with their rocking and rolling muzak!"

Maybe he just read the wrong Chick tract:

Supposedly it was to actually honor the great rock and rollers of all time...but something went horribly horribly wrong.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

At the risk of hyperbole this is the greatest achievement in art and writing in all of human history.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Jerusalem posted:

At the risk of hyperbole this is the greatest achievement in art and writing in all of human history.

Wrong.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Why do you look like a mango?" does make a powerful argument in its favor, I have to admit.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
For some reason, I find Adam Warlock being mistaken for Randy Travis hilarious.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
would be funnier if it was randy savage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Look, if we're talking mainstream 90s midwest bumpkin country, if anything Adam Warlock is Alan Jackson.