Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

phytodabs is back online and theyve got pure cbd spiked with terpenes to taste like specific strains of real weed now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Mnemosyne posted:

You should do it once for the novelty. And the ability to peruse and sniff 25 different strains before making your selection.

(Though in the ~2 year timeframe it takes to get recreational sales up and running, NY will hopefully be voting on their own legalization.)

I've already gone to dispensaries in Seattle and Portland as well as to weed coffeeshops in Amsterdam (my preferred model), I kind of doubt Massachusetts will have a particularly cool spin on it. though I'm sure I will go check out a place anyway next time I go visit my parents

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
Weed is legal here now recreationally (on the 1st), so I was thinking of taking it up sparingly. I was a big stoner for a long time but anxiety when smoking that suddenly came up made me have to stop. Any ideas on the legitimacy of this? I found it while searching poverty goat's terpenes (which I've never heard of): http://cannabisdigest.ca/black-pepper-relieves-cannabis-anxiety/

It sounds like woo but I'm not sure.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Modest Mouse cover band posted:

Weed is legal here now recreationally (on the 1st), so I was thinking of taking it up sparingly. I was a big stoner for a long time but anxiety when smoking that suddenly came up made me have to stop. Any ideas on the legitimacy of this? I found it while searching poverty goat's terpenes (which I've never heard of): http://cannabisdigest.ca/black-pepper-relieves-cannabis-anxiety/

It sounds like woo but I'm not sure.

Just anecdotal, but I tried black pepper a few weeks ago when I got wrecked from too many edibles and it didn't do a drat thing that I noticed.

My advice is to add some CBD to the mix, which you can do in a variety of ways. You can buy a strain with a high CBD content, but some of those strains have so much CBD and so little THC that some people find they don't really get high from it. You can buy a little of a high-CBD strain and a little of a regular strain and mix them together in whatever your preferred smoking receptacle is. That way you get enough CBD to keep the anxiety from happening.

You can also buy a pen that dispenses a tiny amount of CBD-infused lotion that you rub on your wrists. It's absorbed through your skin in about 15 minutes and decreases anxiety. You don't have to use it when smoking until / unless you find yourself anxious, so you can employ a wait-and-see approach.

I have several varieties of these pens, and they're great. There's one that they make under the Mary's Nutritionals line which is legal to buy via mail order that is CBD with basically no THC at all. That one only works for me if I'm using it in conjunction with smoking to combine it with some THC. The one they make under the Mary's Medicinals line is more like 50% CBD and 50% THC and that one is amazing for use even without smoking. I have legitimate prescriptions for benzos, and I haven't used them at all since I discovered this pen.

I would also recommend checking strains on a site like Leafly, because regardless of CBD content, some strains are more likely to make you anxious. Probably don't smoke Green Crack.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Mnemosyne posted:

Just anecdotal, but I tried black pepper a few weeks ago when I got wrecked from too many edibles and it didn't do a drat thing that I noticed.

My advice is to add some CBD to the mix, which you can do in a variety of ways. You can buy a strain with a high CBD content, but some of those strains have so much CBD and so little THC that some people find they don't really get high from it. You can buy a little of a high-CBD strain and a little of a regular strain and mix them together in whatever your preferred smoking receptacle is. That way you get enough CBD to keep the anxiety from happening.

You can also buy a pen that dispenses a tiny amount of CBD-infused lotion that you rub on your wrists. It's absorbed through your skin in about 15 minutes and decreases anxiety. You don't have to use it when smoking until / unless you find yourself anxious, so you can employ a wait-and-see approach.

I have several varieties of these pens, and they're great. There's one that they make under the Mary's Nutritionals line which is legal to buy via mail order that is CBD with basically no THC at all. That one only works for me if I'm using it in conjunction with smoking to combine it with some THC. The one they make under the Mary's Medicinals line is more like 50% CBD and 50% THC and that one is amazing for use even without smoking. I have legitimate prescriptions for benzos, and I haven't used them at all since I discovered this pen.

I would also recommend checking strains on a site like Leafly, because regardless of CBD content, some strains are more likely to make you anxious. Probably don't smoke Green Crack.

Sweet! I'll try that next time I smoke thanks. Things have really changed in the last 10 years.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Even more recently than that, the dabs thing didn't start showing up around me til like 2013-2014, and vape-able tinctures have only really been around for a year or 2 as well IIRC

Also that phytodabs site looks sweet, anybody have any experience with them? The pure concentrates are tempting since I guess you can dab them like wax/crumble, but IMO dabbing on a rig already looks enough like freebasing meth as it is, dabbing a white powder onto my nail might be too much :haw:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the only white powder i want up my nose is cocaine

If you haven't smoked for 10 years and anxiety is a concern then I suggest taking a small hit and waiting 15 minutes before smoking more because the stuff they have now is pretty goddamn strong.

Also ask the person behind the counter, they can probably recommend a strain that will be better for anxiety.

soupbone sal
Oct 29, 2016
Picked up 2 joints at the pot store. Smoking half of one and saving the rest for later.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it's just like that sublime song, 'smoke half a joint'

soupbone sal
Oct 29, 2016
Hey, I got poo poo to do today man.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
ah it's ok i'm just razzin ya

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

soupbone sal posted:

Hey, I got poo poo to do today man.

that's right you have another half J to smoke!

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I still have that half a cone to smoke too

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
they need to hurry up and just make weed legal everywhere thatd make my life so much easier

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

thathonkey posted:

they need to hurry up and just make weed legal everywhere thatd make my life so much easier

Weed-thread.jpg

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I jus wanna garden you stupid government

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Update: about to smoke that half a cone

Currently holding in smoke

Jestery fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Nov 11, 2016

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
smoke report: it's smoky

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

thathonkey posted:

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Where to get weed in barcelona por favor

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
(I know there are endless legal clubs here but what ones are good senor)

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Oberleutnant posted:

(I know there are endless legal clubs here but what ones are good senor)

Wait there are legal clubs in Barcelona

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Kelp Me! posted:

Wait there are legal clubs in Barcelona

Hundreds. They're private clubs so you have to join and pay a yearly sub (like €20 usually) and can get high at the venue or buy and take home.

You also usually need to be referred by an existing member, but that's just a legal figleaf afaik. The clubs are completely open and public facing, but exist in a legal loophole as far as i understand.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-mEDPlJHEM

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Kelp Me! posted:

Even more recently than that, the dabs thing didn't start showing up around me til like 2013-2014, and vape-able tinctures have only really been around for a year or 2 as well IIRC

Also that phytodabs site looks sweet, anybody have any experience with them? The pure concentrates are tempting since I guess you can dab them like wax/crumble, but IMO dabbing on a rig already looks enough like freebasing meth as it is, dabbing a white powder onto my nail might be too much :haw:

I got some phytodabs CBD (the pure stuff) and a vape pen for a friend who is near the end w/ some nasty cancer and it's been amazing. It apparently helps a ton with the pain. She loves weed too but w/ all the opiates it fucks her up too much to be an all day thing.

I did nothing but CBD one night when it first arrived and just kept hitting that poo poo and it definitely reminded me of something in the realm of xanax/soma phsyically without any euphoria, retardation or amnesia.

americong
May 29, 2013

as a goon with a chronic dissociative disorder, why the gently caress do people take dissociatives, especially compared to the almighty weed

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

americong posted:

as a goon with a chronic dissociative disorder, why the gently caress do people take dissociatives, especially compared to the almighty weed

sometimes you want to stop being you and force your brain into a multicolored silence

americong
May 29, 2013

Black August posted:

sometimes you want to stop being you and force your brain into a multicolored silence

i guess it's different when it's involuntary and sometimes happens while driving on the interstate, tbh

americong
May 29, 2013

anyways i'm done moaning, i haven't gotten high since yesterday but tomorrow i'm gonna watch anime with sangria and a bowl

it's gonna own bones

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

americong posted:

i guess it's different when it's involuntary and sometimes happens while driving on the interstate, tbh

poo poo yeah if I was disso'd going down the highway at 80mph I am pretty sure I'd be about 5 seconds from a bright and beautiful ninety car pile up

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

americong posted:

anyways i'm done moaning, i haven't gotten high since yesterday but tomorrow i'm gonna watch anime with sangria and a bowl

it's gonna own bones

weed was a gateway drug all along, to anime

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
the hairs are like little tentacles, when you think about it

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

more like urotsukidouja

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

poverty goat posted:

weed was a gateway drug all along, to anime

can confirm

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

poverty goat posted:

I got some phytodabs CBD (the pure stuff) and a vape pen for a friend who is near the end w/ some nasty cancer and it's been amazing. It apparently helps a ton with the pain. She loves weed too but w/ all the opiates it fucks her up too much to be an all day thing.

I did nothing but CBD one night when it first arrived and just kept hitting that poo poo and it definitely reminded me of something in the realm of xanax/soma phsyically without any euphoria, retardation or amnesia.

but i want like 1% euphoria can a certain terpene blend provide that??? this random cbd cartridge i got is borderline depressing.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

hmm that Balance™ "full-spectrum" poo poo looks really loving interesting actually

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

High again

Hope all is well thread

Hope all is weed thread
Lol

soupbone sal
Oct 29, 2016
Earlier I ate some weed and listened to Grimes. Then I bought a new aux cord for my cassette player and I went to the car wash. Good times.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Am high, been playing my NES Classic like a consumerist chump. Feels pretty good. Metroid is the poo poo when you have maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

hell ive smoked it