Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

I haven't heard the word "subsumption" in a while. What happened to subsumption?

e: yodacatte

]

Bubbacub fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Nov 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Bubbacub posted:

I haven't heard the word "subsumption" in a while. What happened to subsumption?

It got subsumpted

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

The parallels between citizens and bitcoiners are staggering, to say the least

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Say it ain't so, Chris! :qq:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

hakimashou posted:

:rip: neurotic jew

Wot happened?

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

MeLKoR posted:

I have a feeling this sale is going to bomb spectacularly.

Yeah, with back to back sales the product has to get more desirable over time otherwise everybody just blows their wad on the first one.

It's not all bad news though, he just needs a bit of a rest before they milk him again that's all.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

D_Smart posted:

Wot happened?

People toxxed if hillary lost

A mod bitched out and gave people a way out by donating to rainn, cementing the fact dnd is a lovely biased forum considering the fact bernie toxxers were never given that option

Lowtax apparently didn't know and said ban the fuckers, just not perma

Hundreds of people were banned in the past two days Lmao

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hahahaha, oh lordy! See guys? I might have skipped over this pearl if it weren't for the tag.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Blunderstorm posted:

A mod bitched out and gave people a way out by donating to rainn, cementing the fact dnd is a lovely biased forum considering the fact bernie toxxers were never given that option

Bring back LF, this is why we need Maoism Third-Worldism! :jihad:

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

Only time I went into dnd was to see the river if tears after trump was called

Now there's a sweet liberal tears thread in gbs and I never have to go back to that poo poo hole

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Blunderstorm posted:

People toxxed if hillary lost

Lowtax apparently didn't know and said ban the fuckers, just not perma

Hundreds of people were banned in the past two days Lmao

but isn't neurotic jew perma banned?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Blunderstorm posted:

Only time I went into dnd was to see the river if tears after trump was called

Now there's a sweet liberal tears thread in gbs and I never have to go back to that poo poo hole

But... I am a D&Der. :smith:

I'm all for laughing at the liberal tears because the alternative is crying along.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

but isn't neurotic jew perma banned?

Ban was reduced if you donated to rainn iirc

Maybe he didn't

I dunno

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

But... I am a D&Der. :smith:

I'm all for laughing at the liberal tears because the alternative is crying along.

I voted for Hillary

But I'm also not a whiny man child which is why the liberal tears are so funny to me

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

MeLKoR posted:

What I mean is that perma toxxes shouldn't be a thing in the first place, at least not group perma toxxes, at least not thousands of people, jesus. Just seems incredibly stupid to cut off such a big part of the community forever with no chance of return. It's not like there are dozens of millions of goons.

e: and yes, I'd say the same if it were thousands of trumpers getting permabanned over a dumb bet.

This is sad. A Neurotic Jew was a good poster. Also always read his posts in Aliens-Paul Reiser voice, which was fun.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

The Titanic posted:

This is sad. A Neurotic Jew was a good poster. Also always read his posts in Aliens-Paul Reiser voice, which was fun.

If you're dumb enough to post in a toxx thread then you gotta deal with the consequences IMO

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

The Titanic posted:

he should make a new acc called " not neurotic jew"

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Blunderstorm posted:

If you're dumb enough to post in a toxx thread then you gotta deal with the consequences IMO
is there an upside to a toxx post?
Like I read the urban dictionary

" If blablabla, I'l do lalala"
But if you win, do you gain anything?

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Blunderstorm posted:

I'm just happy that the forum upgrades will soon be fully funded.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

No lol

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

I have a feeling this sale is going to bomb spectacularly.

Well if they fudge the numbers with other sources of funds (debt etc) or if they just make it up then it is going to be difficult to really know.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

well then its just plain stupid lol.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I'm sure Chris is trying to figure out how to log into his account now to respond. He just needs that Gary guy to come help him computer good.

Don't worry backers, Chris has your best interest at heart. All the vacations he took on your dime, and playing director for the movie game you didn't back for, he does it for you. He is selfless. :allears:

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

this is all I can see when I see Ortwin

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Blunderstorm posted:

This is true too, but it's always disappointing to lose good posters to something like that. Because there were so many maybe they assumed it more of a joke or something. I don't know.

It is what it is though, I hope he comes back. :)

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

well then its just plain stupid lol.

Multiple posts in it saying it was the safest toxx thread on the forums were funny tho

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Blunderstorm posted:

I voted for Hillary

But I'm also not a whiny man child which is why the liberal tears are so funny to me

That's good for you yanks, I mean it's done you are already starting to think how you are going to deal with it. This side of the pond we've dealt with Brexit, now Trump/NATO concerns, there's probably President Le Pen sometime during the next decade if not right away, maybe a cascade of other nationalist governments, the Russians are bound to get more frisky, Erdogan is turning into Putin 1.5 and who knows when Daesh will strike next.

The 21st century isn't looking very M.E.G.A.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

MeLKoR posted:

Ah, OK then. I think my blood pressure must have spiked when I looked at the pages and pages ban list.

It's their own fault. Everyone knows what they are getting into if they toxx, and perma-toxx is their own choice on top of that. You gain nothing by getting your toxx right, except smug self-satisfaction, and lose your account if you are wrong. It's just a bad bet that nobody should take. They've even been given a reasonable way out, so, any fault is only on themselves.

I'd like to see A Neurotic Jew back myself, and I hope he does come back, but he's the one who chose this.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

The Titanic posted:

I'm sure Chris is trying to figure out how to log into his account now to respond. He just needs that Gary guy to come help him computer good.

Don't worry backers, Chris has your best interest at heart. All the vacations he took on your dime, and playing director for the movie game you didn't back for, he does it for you. He is selfless. :allears:

People are mad at Roberts for making a movie game instead of a spaceship shooter? It's 1994 all over again!

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Just got a check in the mail. I'm FREEEEEEE MOTHERFUCKER.

It's hilarious holding a paper check I made some fucknugget sign for a whopping 35 bucks. I'm gonna make a copy, frame it, and hang it on the wall as a reminder of "Never Again"

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

XK posted:

It's their own fault. Everyone knows what they are getting into if they toxx, and perma-toxx is their own choice on top of that. You gain nothing by getting your toxx right, except smug self-satisfaction, and lose your account if you are wrong. It's just a bad bet that nobody should take. They've even been given a reasonable way out, so, any fault is only on themselves.

Be that as it may the forums would still be a poorer place if we had permanently lost hundreds/thousands of goons to a stupid bet. Case in point: NJ.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Free A Neurotic Jew! Derek, show us your powers!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Not, it's the D&D equivalent of two guys ripping off their shirts and start pushing and circling each other ineffectually. What can I say man... D&D... it happens... :smithicide:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Nov 12, 2016

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Blunderstorm posted:

Ban was reduced if you donated to rainn iirc

Maybe he didn't

I dunno

He posted his donation to RAINN. He'll probably just have to contact a mod to fix things up. If I understand correctly, making the donation will reduce a perma-ban to a normal ban, and reduce a normal ban to a (I think) 72 hour probation. The specific advantage of trading the normal ban for a probation is you don't lose your various account upgrades, avatar, platinum, archives, no-ads, which are all lost upon banning. A Neurotic Jew went out of his way to specifically perma-toxx, so, oops.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Thronde posted:

Just got a check in the mail. I'm FREEEEEEE MOTHERFUCKER.

It's hilarious holding a paper check I made some fucknugget sign for a whopping 35 bucks. I'm gonna make a copy, frame it, and hang it on the wall as a reminder of "Never Again"

lol!

Sounds like a good plan. Good job, friend! :)

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Urgh, Politics.

Have some nostalgia.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

That's good for you yanks, I mean it's done you are already starting to think how you are going to deal with it. This side of the pond we've dealt with Brexit, now Trump/NATO concerns, there's probably President Le Pen sometime during the next decade if not right away, maybe a cascade of other nationalist governments, the Russians are bound to get more frisky, Erdogan is turning into Putin 1.5 and who knows when Daesh will strike next.

The 21st century isn't looking very M.E.G.A.

But if we were again in the 20th we would be in the middle of the first, with more bad things to come along the century. And brexit is good for UE, just bad for english people. Now we just have to attach big motors to their island and push it to the other side of atlantic, where it belongs as a 51th state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

I'm worried about this dudes history with meaningful relationships.

• Locked thread