Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

Actually I think you'll find that removing incompetent failures from important positions of power is, in fact, Cool and Good.

Stop strawmanning.

Removing incompetent people is good.

Ideological purges are not.

Presumptive candidates stacking the DNC is either good or bad.

Pick one and stick with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Bernie is not the presumptive candidate

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

Bernie is not the presumptive candidate

Until he rules out running he is.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Xae posted:

:what:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Xae posted:

And there it is.

Anyone pointing out the problems or hypocrisy of the Glorious New Order is an enemy. They are the other side.

You're either with us or against us.

It took you 5 days to become what you bitched about. That has to be a new record.

we're in open war still, our side and your side. if you want us to adopt your principles, or take it easy on you because of some weird idea of fairness you're insane. our party is drat near dead after this election. we are perilously close to the repubs having control enough to change the constitution. this is a fight for survival now

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Xae posted:

I am really skeptical of putting forward a candidate who will need to survive to the age of 87.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

What do we know about Duckworth and why should we hate her?

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Condiv posted:

we're in open war still, our side and your side. if you want us to adopt your principles, or take it easy on you because of some weird idea of fairness you're insane. our party is drat near dead after this election. we are perilously close to the repubs having control enough to change the constitution. this is a fight for survival now
(When you see Sanders, substitute in "Sanders or his hand picked successor")

You are in full panic mode. Don't even try to deny it.We are not at war. Our "sides" are not at war. Do not give in to panic.

A very effective attack against Clinton was that she was a "party insider" and she "stacked the deck". This worked because she was and did. She stacked the DNC.

Now, if Sanders does the exact same poo poo Clinton did it opens him up to the exact same attacks. Plus the added charges of hypocrisy and flip flopping.

In 2020 if some Newcomer tries to run an campaign against Sanders that Newcomer can now rip into the Sanders and taint him.

"My side" is trying to get you to stop loving up like Clinton did. Don't automatically assume everyone pointing out flaws or criticism is at war with you.

Ellison should get the chair. But some olive branches (vice chairs) should go out to others. Others with strong progressive background understand "The King is Dead. Long live the King".

We need to avoid internecine conflict, not embrace it.

Part of that should be trying to depoliticize the administration Primary process. Lets get it away from presumptive nominees or power brokers being able to control the administration of the Primary process. Lets learn from the mistakes Clinton made instead of running around in a panic and repeating them.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the problem isn't "rigging" in the general sense it's that they apparatus is supposed to chose the better and more electable candidate (that's the entire reason superdelegates came into being) and they failed.

there was also a lot of dumb poo poo like sanders winning a state handily but getting half the delegates or somehow losing delegates.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Xae posted:

(When you see Sanders, substitute in "Sanders or his hand picked successor")

You are in full panic mode. Don't even try to deny it.We are not at war. Our "sides" are not at war. Do not give in to panic.

A very effective attack against Clinton was that she was a "party insider" and she "stacked the deck". This worked because she was and did. She stacked the DNC.

Now, if Sanders does the exact same poo poo Clinton did it opens him up to the exact same attacks. Plus the added charges of hypocrisy and flip flopping.

In 2020 if some Newcomer tries to run an campaign against Sanders that Newcomer can now rip into the Sanders and taint him.

"My side" is trying to get you to stop loving up like Clinton did. Don't automatically assume everyone pointing out flaws or criticism is at war with you.

Ellison should get the chair. But some olive branches (vice chairs) should go out to others. Others with strong progressive background understand "The King is Dead. Long live the King".

We need to avoid internecine conflict, not embrace it.

Part of that should be trying to depoliticize the administration Primary process. Lets get it away from presumptive nominees or power brokers being able to control the administration of the Primary process. Lets learn from the mistakes Clinton made instead of running around in a panic and repeating them.

Labour is a big stinking fart showing that this kind of think does not work. Third-wayers would rather see the right rule forever than their own party actually turning left when the crunch comes down.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

MiddleOne posted:

Labour is a big stinking fart showing that this kind of think does not work. Third-wayers would rather see the right rule forever than their own party actually turning left when the crunch comes down.

Then purge and part run far to the left.

You'll just end up handing Trump another 4 years.

Groovelord Neato posted:

the problem isn't "rigging" in the general sense it's that they apparatus is supposed to chose the better and more electable candidate (that's the entire reason superdelegates came into being) and they failed.

there was also a lot of dumb poo poo like sanders winning a state handily but getting half the delegates or somehow losing delegates.

That dumb poo poo worked both ways and should be fixed.

All pledged delegates should be assigned out of a Primary Election. gently caress Caucuses.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

you don't seem to grasp that sanders would have won. and pretty easily. that's why these moves are occurring.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Xae posted:

You are in full panic mode.

drat straight, donald trump is president. maybe you missed it?

your side was in clear control and flubbed a vital election in the most idiotic ways. and now we are having the possibility of no left representation for a long, long time. now we are in the middle of a war for the heart of the party. that's the facts

people who cling to neoliberalism are going to be purged because its a decrepit ideology which has led us to the brink

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

you don't seem to grasp that sanders would have won. and pretty easily. that's why these moves are occurring.

Actually he would have lost badly

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

Proving counter-factual is, by definition, impossible.

If Bernie turns out 1% more of the base he wins handily.

If he loses 1% of the base he loses handily.

You are running around claiming that Clinton losing by less than 1% is a huge defeat while ignoring that the Left's signature issue, Single Payer, lost in Colorado by 60 points.

Get real if you think he could have won easily.

Condiv posted:

people who cling to neoliberalism are going to be purged because its a decrepit ideology which has led us to the brink

I doubt you can even define Neoliberalism with out going to Wikipedia.

There is a drat good reason why we had the word filter. They should just word filter it to "human being". It is a meaningless pejorative at this point.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

zegermans posted:

Actually he would have lost badly

this is why we will never win again.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Xae posted:

You are running around claiming that Clinton losing by less than 1% is a huge defeat

Against the most unpopular candidate in modern history! This was not the republican A-team, literally the only presidential candidate less liked than Hillary is Trump himself. It shouldn't even have been close and yet here we are.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Groovelord Neato posted:

Well, except for Bloomberg maybe ruining everything.

The real mistake was that Sanders wasn't VP. :(

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

theflyingorc posted:

Tim Kaine was a nice guy and all but goddamn the Clinton/Kaine ticket was about as uninspiring as Gore/Lieberman

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

Yeah actually, what is the story there. I never caught the story here during the down-run of the primary's.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

theflyingorc posted:

Honestly anyone other than a blue dog like Kaine would have been a smarter choice, his selection screamed of a "lets pull from the right" and hope to steal R voters who we have been calling racists for months, instead of say picking a minority candidate to completely lock up those voters, or a progressive candidate (not necessarily Bernie) who would shore up her "progressive" rhetoric which at least here in the PNW no one was actually buying.

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Nov 12, 2016

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Trying to appeal to disaffected republicans was a mistake from the get-go, especially with Hillary Clinton. If you have evangelicals voting by 50 point margins for a thrice married sexual predator just because of his (R), there's no reason to believe actual issues could change a dedicated republican's mind.

Sanders as VP would have been a much better idea. Or maybe some dark horse populist from one of the states she lost, but that'd require way more hindsight than literally anyone had prior to Wednesday morning.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Jack2142 posted:

Honestly anyone other than a blue dog like Kaine would have been a smarter choice, his selection screamed of a "lets pull from the right" and hope to steal R voters who we have been calling racists for months, instead of say picking a minority candidate to completely lock up those voters, or a progressive candidate (not necessarily Bernie) who would shore up here "progressive" rhetoric which at least here in the PNW no one was actually buying.

Well, he helped secure Virginia, which has value.

But yeah, if i could go back in time and change one thing about the Clinton campaign, it's Sanders as VP

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

The Dems overreached. Their hubris made them overconfident and made them think they could grab states that haven't been blue for ages, if ever. Well, turns out they didn't go blue, and in fact many blue states went red this time.

The biggest lesson from this is to never, ever take for granted what you already have.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

e: dblpost

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Xae posted:

I doubt you can even define Neoliberalism with out going to Wikipedia.

There is a drat good reason why we had the word filter. They should just word filter it to "human being". It is a meaningless pejorative at this point.

wow you're salty

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Condiv posted:

wow you're salty

So yeah, you can't.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jack2142 posted:

Honestly anyone other than a blue dog like Kaine would have been a smarter choice, his selection screamed of a "lets pull from the right" and hope to steal R voters who we have been calling racists for months, instead of say picking a minority candidate to completely lock up those voters, or a progressive candidate (not necessarily Bernie) who would shore up here "progressive" rhetoric which at least here in the PNW no one was actually buying.

Kaine' not a blue dog

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Pollyanna posted:

The Dems overreached. Their hubris made them overconfident and made them think they could grab states that haven't been blue for ages, if ever. Well, turns out they didn't go blue, and in fact many blue states went red this time.

The biggest lesson from this is to never, ever take for granted what you already have.

Blue Dog With Two Bones

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Kaine' not a blue dog

Picking a white democrat from the south will have them seen as a blue dog regardless of their actual positions and Kaine seemed to mostly be pretty bland and similar to Hilary with a little more folksy down home religion.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Xae posted:

So yeah, you can't.

if i posted anything in response to you you'd say i looked it up

isn't that right?

you're just real salty cause I mentioned neoliberalism and said it was a decrepit ideology

democrats pursuing free-market bullshit and deregulation got us here. poo poo like nafta and the TPP got us here. we need to put that kind of policy behind us if we're gonna turn things around

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010
So I guess we are at the purge part where leftist who sat out get to come and poo poo on the rest of the coalition who bothered to vote. Leftist are so weak can't get organized for midterms or gov races or statehouse races but now it's time. Lol

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

people like you are so ungodly dumb. no wonder this happened.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
ConservatismLiberalism can't fail, it can only be failed.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Greataval posted:

So I guess we are at the purge part where leftist who sat out get to come and poo poo on the rest of the coalition who bothered to vote. Leftist are so weak can't get organized for midterms or gov races or statehouse races but now it's time. Lol

Its ok though, people are really going to vote for a Command Economy. Deep down everyone is just waiting for a return to planned economies of the 20s and 30s.

The problem is the messaging, that is all.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how can you be sarcastic or smug when you just loving lost. and people told you we had a winning candidate way before.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

how can you be sarcastic or smug when you just loving lost. and people told you we had a winning candidate way before.

Sanders has been in Washington for just as long as Clinton and yet accomplished less. His history puts him squarely into "literal communist" territory. He is a Jew in a pro-racism election whose closing argument consisted of "these global interests are bleeding you dry!" to shots of Jews.

He would have lost the populist message to Trump easily while bring out an even lower share of black voters than Clinton.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

a worse candidate than sanders almost won. i don't see how you clowns don't get it.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

zegermans posted:

Sanders has been in Washington for just as long as Clinton and yet accomplished less. His history puts him squarely into "literal communist" territory. He is a Jew in a pro-racism election whose closing argument consisted of "these global interests are bleeding you dry!" to shots of Jews.

He would have lost the populist message to Trump easily while bring out an even lower share of black voters than Clinton.

Yes, I suppose this is why he was crushing Trump in the polls. Thanks for your received wisdom, duder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

a worse candidate than sanders almost won. i don't see how you clowns don't get it.

Name one Legislative Accomplishment of Sanders during his 40 years in public office.

• Locked thread