Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i'm the single ad buy in lubbock texas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Turns out the vanity candidacy run by incompetent delusional millionaires and cheered on my meme loving retards was us all along.

:burger:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Thoguh posted:

Crime stats are lower in communities that are terrified of being noticed by authorities? Huh.

Literally the opposite, actually

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10940-013-9210-5 posted:

Results

Findings from the analyses suggest that temporal change in overall homicide and drug homicide rates are significantly related to changes in immigration. Specifically, increases in immigration are associated with declining rates for each of the preceding outcome measures. Moreover, for several of the homicide types, findings suggest that the effects of changes in immigration vary across places, with the largest negative associations appearing in cities that had relatively high initial (i.e., 1970) immigration levels.

so immigration usually decreases violent crime in most communities but immigration to segregated neighborhoods (with more immigrants already there) actually have the opposite effect

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Well, can you imagine a future where a party might nominate someone party loyalists love but independents hate, costing them the general? That would be a huge mistake. Better to nominate someone independents are also willing to get behind, which is why a fairly run primary that gives them a voice is a strength.

But Republicans could infiltrate the primaries and nominate somebody worse than HillaHAHAHA

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

mrmcd posted:

Turns out the vanity candidacy run by incompetent delusional millionaires and cheered on my meme loving retards was us all along.

:negative:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

mrmcd posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avr7enrZuJQ

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

I know primary chat is discouraged but as a outsider I would like to point out this: remember when trump started praising Bernie and most democrats though it was a atempt to piss off clinton or steal Bernie voters? And went "oh he's praising Bernie he must be really afraid of Clinton".trump said "I don't agree with Bernie but at least he's honest"and then the whole lying,crooked Hilary thing started? I have a feeling that trump knew exactly what he was doing,polarizing the dem base. I think he knew his only chance was against Clinton, because if he went against Bernie,the underdog label would be on Bernie,the working class label would be on Bernie,the anti establishment label would be on Bernie and that would leave trump as ONLY the loudmouth racist misogynist rear end in a top hat. I'm bringing this up because I think behind the narcissism and ego theres a raw political instinct to trump,and if democrats are expecting his presidency to be a endless cavalcade of stupid mistakes they will be disappointed.

reading this thread as been uplifting. There's a bunch of people not woke,but awake.if you guys manage to clean up your house you should get in touch with the progressive left in the eu,because I think we can help each other out,in solidarity.there's a lot of people here looking at what happened in Nevada and taking notes.

Finally,ed.balls.

Antifa Poltergeist has issued a correction as of 19:39 on Nov 12, 2016

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Thanks Obama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hiey5KmidRo

Jaminjami
Jan 26, 2015
https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/797486365248090112

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

In retrospect all the people saying "Can you imagine where the polls would be if Obama was running against this guy?!" should've been a warning sign.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

mrmcd posted:

That's a cool story but kind patronizing to people in those towns and believing poo poo like that is a good way to lose elections.

I'm from Weirton.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

BERNIE IS A WHITE SUPREMACIST IM VERY WOKE

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/kirstendavisi/status/797486574258782208

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

These interviews owned and show why Bernie would have been the better canidate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCnrQZbqIQU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

loquacius posted:

When does Bill Gates get his biopic anyway, is the problem that he's not as much of a douchebag as Zuck or Jobs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HanDefyIjNg

It's really good imo.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Nonsense posted:

BERNIE IS A WHITE SUPREMACIST IM VERY WOKE

please ignore my fat paycheck

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/samsteinhp/status/797509723360808961

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Jason Kander is pretty cool?

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

lol if you thought there wouldn't be a civil war

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I've heard good things about Kander. I was waiting a bit since some people floated doubts about the first guy before I sounded the horn to everyone i know to call our congressman

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I've heard good things about Kander. I was waiting a bit since some people floated doubts about the first guy before I sounded the horn to everyone i know to call our congressman

The worst part of picking him would be that tarring him with the national Democratic Party will make him unelectable in Missouri.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I hope Jason Kander tries again. Does he have to wait 6 years to run again? Or does Missouri have US Senate coming up in 2018?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

comedyblissoption posted:

licking the boot of wall st and not criminally indicting ANYONE for the 2008 crisis or the loving robo-foreclosure scandal is entirely on obama and the democrats. you can't loving fall back and try to blame the republicans here.

there were loving criminal cases there. federal judges were publically appalled when the obama doj and sec were just going after fines for mass fraud and wondered why they weren't going after criminal charges based on the cases for the fines.

people are loving pissed about it and the wall st financial institutions are one of the most unpopular institutions in the united states if not the most unpopular

and then you push a candidate who is funded gigantically by wall st and got millions of dollars of in giant bags of money of personal enrichment raining down on her head and put her at the top of the ticket

just lmao at anyone crying over the dems losing

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Nonsense posted:

I hope Jason Kander tries again. Does he have to wait 6 years to run again? Or does Missouri have US Senate coming up in 2018?

Claire McCatskill (D-MO) is up for reelection in 2018 (and she's probably doomed).

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

foolish Hill Folk will argue that it's impossible to prosecute wall street crimes and avoid looking at real history such as Savings and Loan scandal response by government.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Patter Song posted:

Claire McCatskill (D-MO) is up for reelection in 2018 (and she's probably doomed).

Can he primary her? She was engineer of the hate-progressive train.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Zikan posted:

more epic Clinton campaign failure

https://twitter.com/jimtankersley/status/797492671631790084

im gonna get off the internet and smoke now

lol

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
hey guys

Remember back in summer Clinton campaign decided to spend $0 in PA and let the SuperPac do the heavy lifting cuz they thought it was a safe state and we just assumed they had magical internal polling data and that it was a good move

gee those were good times

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Bernie please come back.

I'm sorry.

PLEASE FIX THIS!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/breakingpol/status/797515757068447745

https://youtu.be/X7XbukdoGmM

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

pathetic little tramp posted:

Yeah anyone saying the idea is to finally magically appeal to those republicans from cities like Steubenville Ohio and Weirton West Virginia is deluding themselves. They will never vote for you, because you cannot sufficiently lie to them like Republicans do. Try to explain to a Steubenvillain that "We literally cannot build a new steel mill, it will cost half a billion dollars and the only reason we were able to build it in the late 40s was because we used illegal immigrants that your grandparents promptly kicked out of town once the task was done." Or try to explain to them that said steel mill will have about 10% of its original workforce because steel production is heavily automated. They just refuse to get it, and that writing has been on the wall for 35 years. But they keep voting for politicians who promise them it'll all be back any day now.

Cities like Weirton woke up one day in 1981 to see a note on the fridge from the steel industry that said "Went out to pick up some cigarettes, be back soon." And they've been holding onto that note ever since. Any time they go out to dinner with friends they say "Oh yeah I'm sure he just got lost or maybe he decided to buy me a present! He must be planning something big for our anniversary!" while the rest of the country just sort of smiles, nods, and feels a deep sense of sadness. This year a con man showed up and said he knew where the steel industry was and he really misses her and he wants to come back, but he just needs a little bit of money. The con man can get the steel industry to come back if only she'd just give the con man a little bit of money. Well, Weirton gives the con man her whole life's savings and the rest of the nation comes by and has an intervention. Weirton gets pissed at the intervention, screams "Don't you say that! The steel industry is coming back! Trump said so!" and pulls out a gun, killing us all. Weirton is sitting there now, rocking back and forth, corpses of the rest of us strewn around her, waiting for a knock on the door that's never going to come.

You can't appeal to that level of delusion. You have to shore up your support in cities like Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, that got upset for a few years, but then came to accept the past was the past and have been recovering since.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:allears:
I think it goes deeper than that Madame Secretary.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Yeah she had great momentum like when a plane loses all its engines.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I'm trying real hard not to think accelerationist thoughts but everything I'm reading about the incompetence of the Hillary campaign is stunning. Maybe it's better to take the L now and regroup for critical 2020 rather than the almost guaranteed wipeout 4 years after a Hillary presidency which would have been obstructed to hell and accomplished nothing anyway.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

lol Hillary's final mistake will be to get the Democratic Party so mad at her that they go "full communism now" out of spite for the Clinton era

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Confrontational interventions are considered poor practice and not taught anymore. They make the helpee feel attacked and puts them on the defensive, making them unwilling to peruse intelligent solutions.

You have to empathize and understand the helpee's concerns before you can get anything done with them, and they have to feel you do before they'll consider what you say.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

this is one of those things which is true, but you really shouldn't have been in a position where it was enough to stop you

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

nachos posted:

I'm trying real hard not to think accelerationist thoughts but everything I'm reading about the incompetence of the Hillary campaign is stunning. Maybe it's better to take the L now and regroup for critical 2020 rather than the almost guaranteed wipeout 4 years after a Hillary presidency which would have been obstructed to hell and accomplished nothing anyway.

i might agree with this if it wasn't trump and trumpism winning at her expense

this year really was different

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Astroclassicist posted:

HOW WERE THEY THIS BAD AT THEIR JOB? :negative:

Silly Dems.

I mean it's only 30 years of experience, millions of dollars and the fate of the free world depending on it, why not simply forget to campaign in the swing states!

:morning::kingsley::question:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Princess Di posted:

Silly Dems.

I mean it's only 30 years of experience, millions of dollars and the fate of the free world depending on it, why not simply forget to campaign in the swing states!

:morning::kingsley::question:

ho hum more electable candidate yooooo eeeeeee ohhh

• Locked thread