Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
New tournament coming, reward will be a new guy from the upcoming movie, not the shoretrooper again:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/76197/new-tournament-tank-takedown-tinkering#latest

Also, they're saying that the tank raid is going to be balanced, but no timeline was provided.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Hmm guess I'll be stuck with a 4* Shoretrooper for a while, is it worth gearing him to replace STH in a Wiggs arena team?

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Vodos posted:

Hmm guess I'll be stuck with a 4* Shoretrooper for a while, is it worth gearing him to replace STH in a Wiggs arena team?

I'll let you know in 2 stun guns. So about 5 months :suicide:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

New tournament coming, reward will be a new guy from the upcoming movie, not the shoretrooper again:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/76197/new-tournament-tank-takedown-tinkering#latest

Also, they're saying that the tank raid is going to be balanced, but no timeline was provided.

Fuckin' good. Jesus. As of right now, it's borderline impossible for any guild that isn't easily farming T7 Rancor... which is insane. Normal raid should be farmable for guilds that are farming T6 Rancor.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Here's roughly what it takes to takedown Heroic:

But, on the plus side, it's supposed to get a lot easier, so maybe it won't be as bad soon? I honestly think Heroic is in a good place, relatively, because at 85 it will be doable by a non-whale guild. If it was finishable by a non-whale guild at 80, we would all be really disappointed at level 85.

Normal needs about 1/4 - 1/2 the health though. The last one we did was still like 4 refreshes, and it's just such a loving slog.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
QGJ just doesn't have enough 80+ members, I think.

We have about 10 consistent damage dealers.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I ran into a Lando (L), QGJ, Emperor Palpatine, STH and RG group in Galactic War.

Jesus loving christ that is a painful wall of impossibility. I really want them to bring Palp back already as I could field an identical group. Please let them bring him back soon :(

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
No dice,

can I interest you in a Yoda event?

... again...

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Chilichimp posted:

QGJ just doesn't have enough 80+ members, I think.

We have about 10 consistent damage dealers.

I think a merger with GGA might be needed for us to be able to do anything in the tank raid.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MichiganCubbie posted:

I think a merger with GGA might be needed for us to be able to do anything in the tank raid.

How is this not already a thing?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

iGestalt posted:

I ran into a Lando (L), QGJ, Emperor Palpatine, STH and RG group in Galactic War.

Jesus loving christ that is a painful wall of impossibility. I really want them to bring Palp back already as I could field an identical group. Please let them bring him back soon :(

That's actually my favorite match in pvp. Palp, rg, b2, qgj, Rey destroys it. B2 drops the taunts, rg and palp stun londo until he dies and then it's all over it it's 5 on 4.

If it's gw, the key is stuns and dispels. Dakka, AJ, QGJ, sunfac whatever it takes.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Chilichimp posted:

For whatever reason GGA just doesn't seem to care?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Is GGA still a thing?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
IGD actually could use about 8 or so folks that want to move over, we have 3 free spots and a couple guys that haven't logged in for weeks. I don't want to cripple QGJ though. If anyone wants to make the jump, as long as you have one 7* guy we will take you.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

two_step posted:

IGD actually could use about 8 or so folks that want to move over... I don't want to cripple QGJ though.

It would be nice to consolidate the most active players, but yeah I totally agree.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Qgj has like 12 people who do good at the raids. Would prefer it if all of us could go if anyone was going to move.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Jerkface posted:

Qgj has like 12 people who do good at the raids. Would prefer it if all of us could go if anyone was going to move.

Yeah, but I'd feel bad abandoning all the other players too.

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

MichiganCubbie posted:

Yeah, but I'd feel bad abandoning all the other players too.

Please don't leave me, I still need to leech 2000 more guild coins so I can buy Jawa Engineer.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

IGD actually could use about 8 or so folks that want to move over, we have 3 free spots and a couple guys that haven't logged in for weeks. I don't want to cripple QGJ though. If anyone wants to make the jump, as long as you have one 7* guy we will take you.

I have an alt again, I'll come join you guys.

e: I don't quite have a 7* on him though, so I won't really be helping -- but guild coins

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Nov 13, 2016

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

I have an alt again, I'll come join you guys.

Tabs has been rocking both accounts for a while now. It's funny at watch them level at the same exact time :)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jerkface posted:

Lets get poo poo going that way.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Gotta be honest, I'm ready to jump ship because doing that loving tank every day with no rewards for weeks to come is loving frustrating. I skipped 2 days and am still 3M ahead on damage done.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Looks like we had more active people than I remembered in IGD, but still have spots for 2 or 3 more

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
So i have started playing this and I am wondering if the Samsung pack is still available because I am playing on a Samsung galaxy tablet and haven't got it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Vodos posted:

Gotta be honest, I'm ready to jump ship because doing that loving tank every day with no rewards for weeks to come is loving frustrating. I skipped 2 days and am still 3M ahead on damage done.

After like 2 weeks, I stopped entirely.

I just picked it back up again, but drat, man... It sucks being able to hang top 10 after not participating for like 10 days.

Applied to IGD, the guild I helped found *single tear drop*

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Nov 13, 2016

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?
Gonna apply to IGD hope there is still some space

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Well GGA, there you go, plenty of room in QGJ now I should think. Wanna merge?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I can also move to QGJ so that a more deserving account gets this spot.

Also:
Tip of the day: Save GW Coins AND battles ... may be very useful in the near future!!!

No clue what that's about.

E:server seems to be down

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Nov 13, 2016

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

E:server seems to be down

Indeed. Woo, free crystals, probably!

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Considering QGJ just lost a few heavy hitters to IGD, maybe we should start thinking about a actually doing a merger with GGA. How many active players are over there? I can't check right now, but we probably have around 11-14 spots.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Throw my vote in for a merge. I've pretty much given up on raids because I hate them and they take so long but if we can get enough people to do T7s of the Rancor again then I'll probably start contributing to them again.

dandaman
Dec 30, 2005

Is IGD full?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

dandaman posted:

Is IGD full?

Game is down so I can't check, but I think we may have one more slot, or two if mal moves. I think we also have 2 accounts from Tabenya in IGD, we could probably get her to move one to a different guild.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
Yay free crystals, I really doubt they're doing server maintenance on a Sunday. You'd think by now they'd have a different message for "something's gone tits up" rather than just the server maintenance message.

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010
I'd like one of those IGD slots if QGJ folks are jumping over

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Get your poo poo alt out of IGD, Mal, the we need the fuckin' space. :grin:

QGJ and GGA should merge, we don't have enough dudes to field 3 guilds anymore.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Get your poo poo alt out of IGD, Mal, the we need the fuckin' space. :grin:

QGJ and GGA should merge, we don't have enough dudes to field 3 guilds anymore.

I'm out. Maybe we should split into a t7 rancor/t6 tank and a t6/t5 rancor guild?

The Drifter
Apr 21, 2006
Should GGA merge into QGJ or vice versa?

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
GGA should move into QGJ as itll be less people to move around. Get your asses into QGJ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Ahdinko posted:

GGA should move into QGJ as itll be less people to move around. Get your asses into QGJ

This is what needs to happen. List your ally codes on here and we'll make sure you get in.