Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

TheMaestroso posted:

Hmmm, I already have two caverns...

You're in for some fun times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

suicidesteve posted:

Yeah I already banned him from Caleb's chat. He said something that essentially came down to people in Africa have no value.

Thank you.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

odiv posted:

LSV was all about the Harambe meme for a while

There may be a slight difference between enjoying the strange jokes surrounding a dead gorilla and actual white supremacist thought.

Perhaps.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I'm sorry your reading comprehension is terrible. Did I say "therefore he's a white supremacist"?

There's enough of an overlap that it was discomforting, that's all. I've had it up to here with weak defenses of racist bullshit "But in this case 'white is right [pepe]' OBVIOUSLY meant the magic colour blah blah blah...".

I'm not going to apologize for wanting to know where people stand on this poo poo, especially right now.

edit: and to be more on topic, how is everyone finding Kaladesh draft? :v: I'm kind of off it right now for some reason though I've really enjoyed it.

odiv fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 12, 2016

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

There may be a slight difference between enjoying the strange jokes surrounding a dead gorilla and actual white supremacist thought.

Perhaps.

Harambe is a meme because white people were upset about a gorilla being killed instead of a black child, and the outrage about it was significantly louder than the outrage about extrajudicial killings of black people happening around the same time.

Most Harambe meme people are at minimum low-key racist.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

The local stores were sold out of the Commander 2016 deck I wanted and I looked all over yesterday and never found it. I went to Walmart today and the rep stocking the tcg section was just about to unpack the new decks so I got the Breed Lethality and Invent Superiority decks for myself and a friend to play with, we're both new to commander.

So if you can't get them at a LGS or your LGS is raising the price of the two in demand ones today is a good day to check Walmart, the rep said they started stocking at their stores this morning.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

Harambe is a meme because white people were upset about a gorilla being killed instead of a black child, and the outrage about it was significantly louder than the outrage about extrajudicial killings of black people happening around the same time.

Ok

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

I am pretty sure the point of the meme was to make fun of people being over the top angry about a gorilla dying. I don't think that is racism. Stop trying to make up silly things to be angry about.

Modern viewership higher than the standard GP. Modern is the best.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Sickening posted:

*Limited GP

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Sickening posted:

It is and I'm super-salty about my LGS always scheduling its Modern FNMs on days I can't attend. The last two have been that way and I just learned they're doing the next one the day after Thanksgiving, when I'm going to be 800 miles away at my parents' place :( I busted my rear end to put together Titan Breach and I'm never gonna get to play it at this rate.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

C-Euro posted:

It is and I'm super-salty about my LGS always scheduling its Modern FNMs on days I can't attend. The last two have been that way and I just learned they're doing the next one the day after Thanksgiving, when I'm going to be 800 miles away at my parents' place :( I busted my rear end to put together Titan Breach and I'm never gonna get to play it at this rate.

look up a card shop near your parents place to play at?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Man all I knew was a dead gorilla and "dicks out for Harambe."

Maybe what you should really be mad about are the zoo keepers who didn't pay G to regenerate him.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
Tom Ross vs Jeff Hoogland grudge match on SCG

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Dehtraen posted:

Tom Ross vs Jeff Hoogland grudge match on SCG

Shoot Hoogland in the head.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Star Man posted:

Shoot Hoogland in the head.

some extremely cool posts from normal people on this page

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

little munchkin posted:

some extremely cool posts from normal people on this page

I'll settle for Hoogland crying like a baby in his motel room packed with seven other nerds tonight instead.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Star Man posted:

I'll settle for Hoogland crying like a baby in his motel room packed with seven other nerds tonight instead.

The life hoogland leads is all the punishment he deserves.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Sickening posted:

The life hoogland leads is all the punishment he deserves.

I am okay with this.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Boswell is the worst commentator.

DoctorOozy
Jun 22, 2013

Like you get in packing paper?

Bugsy posted:

Boswell is the worst commentator.

Eye of Ugin is not a card in Tom Ross' list for some reason...

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

C-Euro posted:

What area are your parents living in? There's probably a game store doing modern somewhere within an hour or so drive of there. You just gotta look.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

DoctorOozy posted:

Eye of Ugin is not a card in Tom Ross' list for some reason...

lol are you serious?

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

Star Man posted:

lol are you serious?

Yes, he actually said that. At first I thought it was a bad attempt at a joke but if it was he needs to go back to pun school or something

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

TwistedNails posted:

look up a card shop near your parents place to play at?

What area are your parents living in? There's probably a game store doing modern somewhere within an hour or so drive of there. You just gotta look.

Because when I see my parents for the first time in 3+ months, I'm definitely going to ditch them to play a children's card game :v: Thanks for your concern though.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

So is anyone at SCGCOL? Did it hit capacity? If so, that makes what, the last 5 big modern events that went to the max? The people love modern.

The PPTQ scene for standard has been terrible attendance wise. Only the grindiest grinders are showing up. Are TO's not allowed to pick the format?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

It's almost like people are finally tired of paying into a format that constantly requires you to spend 100+ dollars for a relevant deck!

Like seriously wotc you need to figure out how to make this game cost less. You know, like Pokemon did.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
What if Standard switched to limited-sized 40 card decks with 3x max of any one card?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

It's almost like people are finally tired of paying into a format that constantly requires you to spend 100+ dollars for a relevant deck!

Like seriously wotc you need to figure out how to make this game cost less. You know, like Pokemon did.

By God WotC will ride that binding verbal contract and their own company into the loving ground to protect their cardboard investors if they have to

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

whydirt posted:

What if Standard switched to limited-sized 40 card decks with 3x max of any one card?

what if i pull down my pants before every match and poo poo on my opponents deck

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sickening posted:

So is anyone at SCGCOL? Did it hit capacity? If so, that makes what, the last 5 big modern events that went to the max? The people love modern.

The PPTQ scene for standard has been terrible attendance wise. Only the grindiest grinders are showing up. Are TO's not allowed to pick the format?

Top 8 at a standard PPTQ today was 4 BG 4 WU. It's getting a little stale.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

mandatory lesbian posted:

what if i pull down my pants before every match and poo poo on my opponents deck

Counterspell isn't even Modern legal though.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
Standard FNM has not fired two weeks in a row at my local shop, the people that show up just play modern.

whydirt posted:

Then the mill deck reigns supreme.

mcmagic posted:

Top 8 at a standard PPTQ today was 4 BG 4 WU. It's getting a little stale.

PPTQ occurred in my area today, I didn't go but a friend went and he said everyone was playing BG or WU with a handful of people not on either.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
What's wrong with Standard, currently? Is it just that the format feels "solved" too quickly, or is the treadmill too apparent now?

Asks the guy thinking about getting into Standard

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Veyrall posted:

What's wrong with Standard, currently? Is it just that the format feels "solved" too quickly, or is the treadmill too apparent now?

You know how the "problem" with Legacy is that the strongest card is Island?

It's like that, but Plains. Every new set/rotation.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
Seems like Wizards might have to figure out why White keeps edging everybody else out, but it's probably because they just tend to put the most efficient abilities in White or White-Aligned cards.

Sadly and ironically, the best joke with the best punchline for that sentence is best left unsaid and unfinished.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
GB is arguably the best deck ATM.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
and R/B zombies is a pretty decent counterpick to flash

gets rekt by delerium though.

Also people might not have attended this weekend because perhaps they realized there was something more important to do than play wizard poker?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Count Bleck posted:

You know how the "problem" with Legacy is that the strongest card is Island?

It's like that, but Plains. Every new set/rotation.

Well if you want to beat Islands in legacy you know what you play?

That's right, Plains.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Veyrall posted:

Card pool is too small, communication and strategies for testing are better than ever before.

You might be talking about currently, but RtR-INN is the one standard I've seen since I started playing in NPH where the format never felt entirely solved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

TheKingofSprings posted:

You might be talking about currently, but RtR-INN is the one standard I've seen since I started playing in NPH where the format never felt entirely solved.

That standard had a bunch of good decks in many different Thragtusks I mean flavors.

• Locked thread