Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Scionix posted:

i cant tell if you've missed the point by an incredible margin or are trolling me. a bold strategy

"People who think slavery is bad are histrionic. I know how I'll prove it - I'll remind them of that bad thing, slavery!"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
White woman mod silencing a woman of color calling out racism, yep we got a feminism here boys.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Uh excuse me, #notallwhitefeminists

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

How about you get your teacher to help you look up the word "disenfranchised" before you try to weigh in on this one, kiddo.

lol if you think that accounts for the full 90 million

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

now that was some vintage slashie posting I tell you what

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Homework Explainer posted:

pretty sure there were abolitionists in the 18th century idiot

Yeah and they were considered extremist religious fanatics

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Homework Explainer posted:

pretty sure there were abolitionists in the 18th century idiot

John and Samuel Adams for starters.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i must not ruin good threads

ArgumentatumE.C.T. has issued a correction as of 15:34 on Nov 12, 2016

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm extremely progressive, that's why I subtly shame women for being irrational by referring to legitimate anger as "histrionics." drat. So woke. loving love my @NewBalance shoes and my #TwoForFiveAtMcDonald's.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
we should be making fun of stupid stuff people are doing now, not cruel stuff people did centuries ago

ArgumentatumE.C.T. has issued a correction as of 15:35 on Nov 12, 2016

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm extremely progressive, that's why I subtly shame women for being irrational by referring to legitimate anger as "histrionics." drat. So woke. loving love my @NewBalance shoes and my #TwoForFiveAtMcDonald's.

Unless you're going to put a big flashing BLACK WOMAN IRL under Tiny Brontosaurus' name, you shouldn't assume every other goon is posting with that in mind.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

When did he do this?

not sure but its one of the opening clips here

https://youtu.be/XqEddipbpkw

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

hello everyone lets please keep this thread on subject thank you

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

FactsAreUseless posted:

holy poo poo is there a Two for Five At Mcdonalds???

fk i dont think ill have time to make it for the deal because i have this groupon at outbacks, 1/2 off on blooming onions if i donate a dollar to breast cancer research

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Real👏Liberals👏Never👏Give👏Up

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Soiled Meat

Liberals love themselves an army of pillaging, genocidal rapists swarming across a continent, while their nominal queen is being an ineffectual moron, pouting in a literal ivory tower and getting former slaves / peasants killed through negligence, huh.

Surprise.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

imo, the brands are about to become extremely un-woke

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

devtesla posted:

Real👏Liberals👏Never👏Give👏Up

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

social media and consumerism is a cancer

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

this poo poo makes me want to drink and die. the only decent one is Bartlett because he at least fits the message sorta. and why is doctor strange there? is it just because the movie came out recently.

steinrokkan posted:

Liberals love themselves an army of pillaging, genocidal rapists swarming across a continent, while their nominal queen is being an ineffectual moron, pouting in a literal ivory tower and getting former slaves / peasants killed through negligence, huh.

Surprise.

you arn't wrong. dany is a loving moron in that show and only gets by in the last seasons through "luck" and bullshit.

to sound like a stupid sadbrain nerd if anything the DNC were the Starks. decent moral core but making dumb retard decisions that gently caress them over and retarded amounts of ideological "purity" they broke in the worst situations possible. they underestimate their enemies and piss away their base of support until they get betrayed and slaughtered. yeah they rebuilt but they actually had to change, just like the DNC has too.

basicaly. build up a actual progressive(not this ivory tower twitter poo poo) populist party that helps both minorities and white poor/working/blue collars. Let the GOP run itself into the ground with its poo poo policys and awful social believes and try to fight them tacticaly.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

this poo poo makes me want to drink and die. the only decent one is Bartlett because he at least fits the message sorta. and why is doctor strange there? is it just because the movie came out recently.

you arn't wrong. dany is a loving moron in that show and only gets by in the last seasons through "luck" and bullshit.

to sound like a stupid sadbrain nerd if anything the DNC were the Starks. decent moral core but making dumb retard decisions that gently caress them over and retarded amounts of ideological "purity" they broke in the worst situations possible. they underestimate their enemies and piss away their base of support until they get betrayed and slaughtered. yeah they rebuilt but they actually had to change, just like the DNC has too.

basicaly. build up a actual progressive(not this ivory tower twitter poo poo) populist party that helps both minorities and white poor/working/blue collars. Let the GOP run itself into the ground with its poo poo policys and awful social believes and try to fight them tacticaly.
No you see you are a racist if you say this. I know this as a middle class white liberal.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Last two posts is literally why I probated to stop another loving derail over the bitterness.

keep it on topic

Like yea, I get it. But keep this about #Woke #Brands

If you really have to air grievances about racism, D&D is over there. It devolves into flaming/trolling too much for this subforum. D&D is the best place to keyboard warrior about it. Here we are just too loving wasted and casually flippant so don't take it personal if we just don't want to put up with it, we blow off steam in here.

There are also 2 other saltmine threads atm such as the DNC Autopsy thread that would fit a really solid post like that Dapper_Swindler which I agree with 100%

But keep this about Wokeness and Brandness.

I'm going to just start probating if you can't chill out and mock corporate messaging aimed to placate people into feeling like they actually did something important today.

Lastgirl has issued a correction as of 22:13 on Nov 12, 2016

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/benandjerrys/status/796779102736941056

https://twitter.com/benandjerrys/status/797131028624187396

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

Last two posts is literally why I probated to stop another loving derail over the bitterness.

keep it on topic

Like yea, I get it. But keep this about #Woke #Brands

If you really have to air grievances about racism, D&D is over there. It devolves into flaming/trolling too much for this subforum. D&D is the best place to keyboard warrior about it. Here we are just too loving wasted and casually flippant so don't take it personal if we just don't want to put up with it, we blow off steam in here.

There are also 2 other saltmine threads atm such as the DNC Autopsy thread that would fit a really solid post like that Dapper_Swindler which I agree with 100%

But keep this about Wokeness and Brandness.

I'm going to just start probating if you can't chill out and mock corporate messaging aimed to placate people into feeling like they actually did something important today.

thanks(i think)

I guess i don't get why people wrap themselves so hard in their fictional media security blanket. honestly the fallout from last few days reminds me of all those weirdos on deviantart who make "sad"fanart are whenever a "bad thing happens"

poo poo like this. but on a more "mainstream" scale.

basicaly the left had their "end of history and age of enlightenment and progress" dream blown the gently caress out and are now broken as gently caress and are turning to fake characters for inspiration.

i mean i saw someone on facebook with this as their profile.

its just sad. i mean she is a minorty and i am sure she is scared shitless and i dont blame her, but gently caress the logo is awful, i mean the black rebel coat of arms is ok, but the saftey pin ruins it.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 22:53 on Nov 12, 2016

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

thanks(i think)

I guess i don't get why people wrap themselves so hard in their fictional media security blanket. honestly the fallout from last few days reminds me of all those weirdos on deviantart who make "sad"fanart are whenever a "bad thing happens"

poo poo like this. but on a more "mainstream" scale.

basicaly the left had their "end of history and age of enlightenment and progress" dream blown the gently caress out and are now broken as gently caress and are turning to fake characters for inspiration.

i mean i saw someone on facebook with this as their profile.

its just sad. i mean she is a minorty and i am sure she is scared shitless and i dont blame her, but gently caress the logo is awful, i mean the black rebel coat of arms is ok, but the saftey pin ruins it.

No it was sincere, it was a pretty good take imo.

It's really more less about trying to wrap around it and "get it" because you won't, a lot of the fear is understandably irrational and hysterical after being told for months what a huge disaster Trump would be ( and he will be, but this is going off the track because there are more relevant forums and threads for serious issues like this than this thread's tone, which is why the angry woke rants are :chloe:)as it is more about mocking relentlessly at consumerist branding of movements/charity.

the safety pin is silly and should be mocked relentlessly, that is the issue here. Im glad to play along ignorantly for laughs because its very out of place until someone angrily quotes this and explains why im an idiot and i should feel ashamed for not knowing what this safety pin truly represents in the wokest of our democracy.

i do like the black rebel coat of arms cos star wars owns though

Now excuse me, I have a star wars car wash charity to get woke to for the make a wish foundation :o:

stay woke to this, because its for a great cause

Lastgirl has issued a correction as of 23:36 on Nov 12, 2016

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

No it was sincere, it was a pretty good take imo.

It's really more less about trying to wrap around it and "get it" because you won't, a lot of the fear is understandably irrational and hysterical after being told for months what a huge disaster Trump would be ( and he will be, but this is going off the track because there are more relevant forums and threads for serious issues like this than this thread's tone, which is why the angry woke rants are :chloe:) as it is more about mocking relentlessly at consumerist branding of movements/charity

the safety pin is silly and should be mocked relentlessly, that is the issue here. Im glad to play along ignorantly for laughs because its very out of place until someone angrily quotes this and explains why im an idiot and i should feel ashamed for not knowing what this safety pin truly represents in the wokest of our democracy.

i do like the black rebel coat of arms cos star wars owns though

Now excuse me, I have a star wars car wash charity to get woke to for the make a wish foundation :o:

stay woke to this, because its for a great cause

make a wish foundation is pretty great, i used it when i was younger, went to Lucas ranch and saw the vaults and then lucas arts when it was still cool and alive and got a ton of games. seriously everyone should donate to make a wish. ill dig up some pics of the trip. it was like 11 years ago.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
what does the safetypin mean?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Cyron posted:

what does the safetypin mean?

from what i can tell, it means that minorities/oppressed/all that are safe with you and have nothing to fear. the concept is nice but some people have taken it to retarded levels.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

http://www.cbr.com/rebellions-are-b...FB-P&view=lista

so this was just shitted out. I mean at least star wars sorta "fits" the narrative better.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 00:21 on Nov 13, 2016

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx

Dapper_Swindler posted:

http://www.cbr.com/rebellions-are-b...FB-P&view=lista

so this was just shitted out. I mean at least star wars sorta "fits" the narrative better.

Oh my loving dear Lord.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

snakeandbake posted:

Oh my loving dear Lord.

the loving internet left(least the think piece jackoffs) have learned nothing from this.

https://twitter.com/GeorgeAylett/status/797531138403270656

poo poo like this. seriously, they care about poo poo like this.

https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/797561050224676864

also fullmac got triggered bad today by some dumbass channer. he has like 20 loving tweets bitching about it, the last few days he has acutaly been smart(progressive+populism is good) but now he is sliding back into being a "critic"

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 00:37 on Nov 13, 2016

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
To be clear, Lainey Gossip owns and unironically this.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/gogreen18/status/796894236750688256
https://twitter.com/HogwartLogic/status/797446158859849728
https://twitter.com/LauraLikesWine/status/796397130655080452
https://twitter.com/JinkxMonsoon/status/796393489843949568
https://twitter.com/JasCephasJones/status/796391727431090176
https://twitter.com/SalimAlSamar/status/796349117123411968
https://twitter.com/LisaGaskarth/status/796372498266882049
https://twitter.com/NoTweetsByBilal/status/796244050886148096
https://twitter.com/Nicola_Hume/status/796233538672726016
https://twitter.com/BombayBanta/status/796225480789663744
https://twitter.com/ElafElhamy/status/796218650856452100

i found these on the dem thread. WHY VOLDIMORT. if we are going to compare poo poo, at best i would compare pence to umbrage and thats it. trump is more of a mix of joffery and littlefinger, i guess. also the one at the end cracks me up. see only to bad people have ever existed. hitler and voldimort.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 00:52 on Nov 13, 2016

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen
I'm torn between mocking them incessantly and hoping it's just their dumbass way of understanding that they have to get out of their stupid Twittersphere circlejerk and start engaging with people in the real world.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

G.C. Furr III
Mar 30, 2016

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i found these on the dem thread. WHY VOLDIMORT. if we are going to compare poo poo, at best i would compare pence to umbrage and thats it. trump is more of a mix of joffery and littlefinger, i guess. also the one at the end cracks me up. see only to bad people have ever existed. hitler and voldimort.

dems comparing poo poo to hogwarts is like retarded as hell but heres my take on what should be the actual comparCLICK HERE TO CONTINUE READING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Dapper_Swindler posted:

from what i can tell, it means that minorities/oppressed/all that are safe with you and have nothing to fear. the concept is nice but some people have taken it to retarded levels.

I consider people feeling safe around me "normal" without need to broadcast it. I wonder why others have that pathological need to signal their tolerance?