Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

MacPac posted:

installing renters in good delve delve pockets with awesome truesec

doing that means they'd have to stop camping our supercaps into 93PI :ohdearsass:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
I'm the guy trying to compare my internet space empire to a drug dealer in the breakfast club

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

4th Horseman posted:

We had an almost real discussion about the war in the 'rename the imperium thread'. Lots of directors effort posting it was really nice. Atrum, icorion and kendarr, etc. (I know sleepy bees are no longer directors). It was nice to hear different analyses of why and what went wrong. People were talking about what was done wrong, and honestly that gave me more confidence in leadership than anything else that's happened over the last year.

:shobon:

For Kimsemus and Sharkbaitwhatever: I don't know either of you, but permit me to give you some advice. If you want back into GSF--for which you were allegedly banned for creating too much drama--the best means to do so is unlikely to include nailing yourself to a cross on these forums and railing about the injustice of your ban. Here's the thing: you've done a pretty good job explaining why your bans were probably unjustified. Here's the problem: nobody gives a poo poo.

If your goal is truly to join GSF, the justice or injustice of your banning doesn't really matter. This isn't a case of, "If only the other person acknowledges a set of facts, then I win." You're trying to convince another human being to do something, and human beings--Dear Leader included--make most decisions emotionally. To wit: they are far less interested in some bullshit drama in Archeage, and far more interested in how much drama you are likely to cause. The immediate past being a reasonable shortcut to predict the immediate future, their conclusion can lead to only one thing.

If you were serious about rejoining GSF, the best approach would have been to quietly send a note to Dear Leader, explain the situation, and ask if he might reconsider sometime in the future. You don't need to bow or scrape or give verbal fallatio: just approach it like one person asking another person for a favor.

Anyways, good luck!

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

CainFortea posted:

Kimsemus, Daco has not yet been kicked from GSF. You couldn't manage to hit this goal. Just keep this in mind.

The fact I'm kept around is one of the big reasons I think it's so great. Also why these others want in so much -- it's the best. I hope I don't ever get kicked out. I'll certainly never leave, and besides my horrible awful words I don't really hurt anyone.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
I got a 4 day row row row yer boat for saying "dank memes" in a thread after marks actually posted a meme he probably got off reddit. :laffo:

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

Daco Vato posted:

I got a 4 day row row row yer boat for saying "dank memes" in a thread after marks actually posted a meme he probably got off reddit. :laffo:

Your "dank" was used to mock his meme posting. I would have let it go, but I'm not the arbiter of goodpoasting standards.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
All memes must die. There were no memes on goonfleet dot com when I left. What have you people been up to?

Did something happen to Deadtear?

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Nov 12, 2016

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Ynglaur posted:

:shobon:

For Kimsemus and Sharkbaitwhatever: I don't know either of you, but permit me to give you some advice. If you want back into GSF--for which you were allegedly banned for creating too much drama--the best means to do so is unlikely to include nailing yourself to a cross on these forums and railing about the injustice of your ban. Here's the thing: you've done a pretty good job explaining why your bans were probably unjustified. Here's the problem: nobody gives a poo poo.

If your goal is truly to join GSF, the justice or injustice of your banning doesn't really matter. This isn't a case of, "If only the other person acknowledges a set of facts, then I win." You're trying to convince another human being to do something, and human beings--Dear Leader included--make most decisions emotionally. To wit: they are far less interested in some bullshit drama in Archeage, and far more interested in how much drama you are likely to cause. The immediate past being a reasonable shortcut to predict the immediate future, their conclusion can lead to only one thing.

If you were serious about rejoining GSF, the best approach would have been to quietly send a note to Dear Leader, explain the situation, and ask if he might reconsider sometime in the future. You don't need to bow or scrape or give verbal fallatio: just approach it like one person asking another person for a favor.

Anyways, good luck!

That is how I handle situations. But i don't think that is the goon thing to do, and Kim is well...Kim...so.

justsharkbait fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Nov 12, 2016

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

justsharkbait posted:

That is how I handle situations. But i don't think that is the goon thing to do, and Kim is well...Kim...so.

What is "the goon thing to do?" Badpost until someone lets you in?

Put another way: is what you are doing working?

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Zephyrine posted:

I'm in the metaphorical antechamber and might be allowed to rejoin one day.

Which is the best Eve related news I've had in months.

http://records.viu.ca/~johnstoi/kafka/beforethelaw.htm

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Very possible! But I'll take my chances because Eve has nothing else worth pursuing.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 12, 2016

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

cravius posted:

I'm the guy trying to compare my internet space empire to a drug dealer in the breakfast club

There's no doubt worse ways to have a mid-life crisis, I can't think of any, but :shrug: let the man dream.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
not nearly as good a one liner as the last one, xolve

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Blazing Zero posted:

not nearly as good a one liner as the last one, xolve

They can't all be 10 5's

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar
There are other goon like groups out there, they are just harder to find and join.

Unless you've pissed off The Mittani directly, you can generally get back in as well. It just takes a bit of persistence and friends in the inner circle helps.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Hey, Zephyrine, if you're stilling selling discounted skill injectors, I'll take nine - contract them to Sazas Azaph please. Gotta get Wing Command V done before the patch lands.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

goninzo posted:

It just takes a bit of persistence and friends in the inner circle helps.

I have some outer circle friends who offered to help and the conversation went something like this:

Friend: You left horde?
Zeph: Right. It wasn't the place for me.
Friend: You should join GSF
Zeph: I had hoped to but I'm not sure I'd be let back in
Friend: Nonsense. I'll talk to some people and we will work it out. No problem.
Friend: Oh god. Oh dear god no. Oh wow. Eh... Have you considered Snuffbox?

---

Slight dramatization but that was the gist of it. I wonder what he heard...

LemonDrizzle posted:

Hey, Zephyrine, if you're stilling selling discounted skill injectors, I'll take nine - contract them to Sazas Azaph please. Gotta get Wing Command V done before the patch lands.

Contract up.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Nov 12, 2016

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I heard bat country was the place for disaffected true goons now that DJ's vanity alliance collapsed

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

unless endie used up all his boosh vouches this year

you may not want to subject yourselves to hazing from the likes of Collapsed Out and DYSON

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

surely jeffraider will take dephyrine into snigg after all the karma he got from that post

i heard they are big on watching movies together on mumble

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Orange Red Bull posted:

i heard they are big on watching movies together on mumble

friendship goals.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

We should create a holding Corp called Commissar or Purgagoons or something. We could assign a mostly-afk director as CEO and everything.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Ynglaur posted:

We should create a holding Corp called Commissar or Purgagoons or something. We could assign a mostly-afk director as CEO and everything.

Goonheim

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Serve penance on the goonheim as it sails the sea of lost souls. Sion can be the ferryman.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Hes not banned or anything so that wouldn't really fit the theme.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Hes not banned or anything so that wouldn't really fit the theme.

I thought the ferryman was legit and only the souls were lost?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Evilweasel did you kick the goons dot txt guy's dog or something?
https://twitter.com/Goons_TXT/status/797544678623248385

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

facultas posted:

Mandozer kept being let back in because Endie wouldn't stop whining about giving him more chances and kept vouching for him.

I think Blawrf vouched him the last time iirc.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Evilweasel did you kick the goons dot txt guy's dog or something?
https://twitter.com/Goons_TXT/status/797544678623248385

probably, who is he

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

vulvamancer posted:

I think Blawrf vouched him the last time iirc.

blawrf vouched mandozer back in then mandozer left peacefully to ISRAD. He was then let back a second time (since he left peacefully) at which point he awoxed.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Nov 12, 2016

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

evilweasel posted:

heres my question, if those friends are so important that kim simply must play eve with them

uh

why is nobody going "you know who i want in goonswarm? kim, thats who, free kim"

literally the strongest defense anyone offers is "well, uh, not that i know the guy at all maybe he shouldn't have gotten kicked"

Free elusif

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

evilweasel posted:

probably, who is he

Forums search is saying that the guy who started the account jumped off a bridge years ago, so possibly a ghost? :iiam:

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

My heart goes out to all the purged goons, fairweather goons and otherwise fallen goons. It'd be nice if we could all just be friends. But that poo poo falls outside my box, and I recall a time where people only knew when they stepped over a line by if they got unceremoniously purged or not. See talon Bristi, see enigma77 or whatever, see that sadsack that sponsored his scam victim, or half a dozen other casualties from the 2013-2014 era. I don't believe my contributions, leadership or directorship have at all insulated or protected me from getting :commissar: if I gently caress up bad enough.

But I kind of miss that era where the only indication you hosed up was your head rolling across the ground.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Daco Vato posted:

literally just got done telling people not to say dank and you went and did it you whiny gently caress

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
trump fascism spreading to gf.com? cant believe it

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
:hitler:

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

meatmccartney posted:

Your "dank" was used to mock his meme posting. I would have let it go, but I'm not the arbiter of goodpoasting standards.

Yeah it's whatever. Oh boo hoo I can't post on our dead forums for three more days. Putting me on RO is probably cathartic to him -- even REO Xenuriawagon talks poo poo about how fangless he is on Imp discord (I seent it dot jpg and yes I told him to shut the gently caress up but I saw it a little bit after it was said.)

When I wanted Deadtear to get his modship back I knew that getting my wish would mean lots of read onlys for me. A bargain at twice the price to me if he modded the way we all thought he would when he returned.

Thing is -- he hasn't. He's not even in elysium. He left early on because he couldn't kick xen and the art of uria maintenance repeatedly. They're handling him and he's being way more restrained than I think he would be otherwise, generally speaking. Not to me personally, but I'm stfupaco.

Today is my fourteenth wedding anniversary.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
why would i be in the worst channel possible? i dont want nor need director attention unlike the rest of you, and just because I have carte blanche doesnt mean I need to destroy everything I gaze upon

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i'll run goonheim for a small loan of 1 billion isk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

why would i be in the worst channel possible? i dont want nor need director attention unlike the rest of you, and just because I have carte blanche doesnt mean I need to destroy everything I gaze upon

yeah but you gotta admit that you hand out a lot less ROs than you bet people expected you would upon returning.

modding is a thankless job. Just... throw down more ROs. The dank meme poster and the guy who says "dank memes itt." Marksalot's a bro he wouldn't care about one. ROs make goons feel goony. Unleash the withered hand of justice upon all, not just the low hanging fruit (dacocodo?) Use it as a teaching tool for more who walk the path of the goon.

• Locked thread