Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I wanna smooch him so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Last Maelstrom run gave me a Decisive Lightning Staff and a loving Nirnhoned Restoration Staff.

8 runs in the last 3 days and 80% of it has been garbage.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

sluggo is mad posted:

Quick derail to let you guys know my dog was found today and he's back home. Have a dog pic:

Now run pledges with me, need to try out a new gear setup on my lizplar tank.

SOMEONE GET THIS DOG A CHEESEBURGER, STAT!

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I'LL PUG VET PLEDGES WITH YOUR DOG ANY DAY SLUGGO

e: ok, also with his feeder

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
is this game good yet and how many days will it take me to get to cap now?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

is this game good yet and how many days will it take me to get to cap now?

Yes, and with the scaling and huge bonus to a random dungeon per day, levelling is very quick now (you just missed a month of double exp gains).

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
It's the best single player MMO out there, now more than ever. In many aspects you'd judge a regular game by it's better than what Bethesda has been pumping out. And if you get tired of questing on your own there are some other people to do things with right there.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Dumbasses complaining about 70k healthplar builds wiping out entire groups in PvP, the idiocy is real.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Man leveling up enchanting is turrrrible. It seems slower than the 3 equipment crafts, and you get about 10% as much stuff to deconstruct. There's no secret technique I'm missing here is there?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Nope, enchanting is 3x worse to level than anything else.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

I am getting back into this after having quit a couple months after launch. Is there a quick start guide to get me back up to speed or something? I am probably going to be rerolling completely. If I want to play a typical sneakthief/archer type character is Nightblade or Sorc the way to go?

Shazaam
Nov 23, 2010

Enchanting seems the worst, by far.

Deltiasgaming.com has a bunch of builds which has a nightblade archer/thief focus.

On a side note, if i decide to buy gold (like 100k), what are my chances of getting banned these days? Then again, any of you old players who have too much gold want to sell any?

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

A lot of the builds I've been looking at seem to be focused around total min maxing, which I guess is the point, but is there a good stamina nightblade build for bow/dual weild, as those are the weapons I enjoy most. I am fairly unfamiliar with the game, so it's hard to tell who has the right idea from the ones i'm seeing.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
So here's the unwritten ESO manual:

Solo Play:
-Do whatever the gently caress you want. The content is trivial with an IQ above room temperature. It's an Elder Scrolls game.

Group PvE:
-DW is the primary weapon of choice for Stamina DPS. When someone says "that sucks" in the context of Stamina, they mean "compared to dual wielding."
-Bows are not a viable primary weapon (~70% the damage of Dual Wielding). They are an excellent secondary weapon. I will attempt to vote kick anyone using a Bow as a primary weapon in any instanced content.
-2H aren't really viable either, but it's better than a Bow. They don't make good secondary weapons. I don't care if people use a 2H in normals, but in vets, kickaroonie.
-Things get fuzzier for Magicka DPS because there are far fewer brain dead Magicka DPS than Stamina. Any kind of destruction staff is fine, Fire excels single-target, Lightning AOE, Ice for CC/survival. Dual-wielding Swords is a viable option for some Magicka classes, notably Templar. Resto Staff is a fine back-bar choice, mainly for how quickly it can regenerate your Magicka with heavy attacks.
-Only tanks should use 1h/Shield. No exceptions.

PvP:
-Really it comes down to the meta at the time, but 2H deserves a special mention for essentially being designed with PvP in mind. It's great all by itself, but it really shines due to the fact it can fill in any gaps in your class kit. Does not apply to Magicka.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Thanks, I always end up with choice paralysis whenever I go too far down the YOU HAVE TO HAVE THIS hole.

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

The secret to leveling enchanting is to find a buddy who is also leveling enchanting. When you decon another characters glyphs you get significantly more XP.

Edit: it's still the slowest profession to level, but you never need it on more than one character.

bradybunch fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Nov 11, 2016

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
The secret is to not do it but still collect the materials and let someone who's already done leveling it craft poo poo for you. Because gently caress trying to level it yourself, you'll get there eventually but there's no point in trying to grind.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
Does the sorcerer active ability 'Dark Conversion' allow you to slot fewer points into Magicka? Is it useful? It seems useful :eek:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
You always want to go all either Stamina or Magicka, never mix and never health.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

AHHHHH FINALLY

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
So I just got the Imperial Edition; what's a good guide to my leveling Roman legionnaire-wannabe Dragon Knight?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

OMG sriracha pudding! posted:

Does the sorcerer active ability 'Dark Conversion' allow you to slot fewer points into Magicka? Is it useful? It seems useful :eek:
If this were a game with 7 hotbars a la vanilla wow (no idea how it is now) it would be useful, but since you have to choose only 5 skills per bar it's really bad.

boho posted:

Group PvE:
-2H aren't really viable either, but it's better than a Bow. They don't make good secondary weapons. I don't care if people use a 2H in normals, but in vets, kickaroonie
Uh what, this is news to me. Rally?

valuum fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Nov 12, 2016

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

valuum posted:

If this were a game with 7 hotbars a la vanilla wow (no idea how it is now) it would be useful, but since you have to choose only 5 skills per bar it's really bad.

Dark Conversion and its morphs are pretty drat good, and unless you can perfectly animation cancel wrecking blow spam consistently then 2handers are an overall DPS loss over Dual Wield that make up for it with heals from Blood Craze and Bloodthirst.

Also apparently pukeknight is like top-tier for Maelstrom arena so looks like I have to put some work in on Fayid now.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Oh I also forgot, can someone throw an invite to @awdism?

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

boho posted:

So here's the unwritten ESO manual:

Solo Play:
-Do whatever the gently caress you want. The content is trivial with an IQ above room temperature. It's an Elder Scrolls game.

Group PvE:
-DW is the primary weapon of choice for Stamina DPS. When someone says "that sucks" in the context of Stamina, they mean "compared to dual wielding."
-Bows are not a viable primary weapon (~70% the damage of Dual Wielding). They are an excellent secondary weapon. I will attempt to vote kick anyone using a Bow as a primary weapon in any instanced content.
-2H aren't really viable either, but it's better than a Bow. They don't make good secondary weapons. I don't care if people use a 2H in normals, but in vets, kickaroonie.
-Things get fuzzier for Magicka DPS because there are far fewer brain dead Magicka DPS than Stamina. Any kind of destruction staff is fine, Fire excels single-target, Lightning AOE, Ice for CC/survival. Dual-wielding Swords is a viable option for some Magicka classes, notably Templar. Resto Staff is a fine back-bar choice, mainly for how quickly it can regenerate your Magicka with heavy attacks.
-Only tanks should use 1h/Shield. No exceptions.

PvP:
-Really it comes down to the meta at the time, but 2H deserves a special mention for essentially being designed with PvP in mind. It's great all by itself, but it really shines due to the fact it can fill in any gaps in your class kit. Does not apply to Magicka.

Congrats, you've just become the build version of JackBadass. Bolded is when I started laughing IRL.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

valuum posted:

In PvE Rally is only worth it if you don't have a source of 20% weapon damage in your class kit (only Templar), don't want to drink potions, don't have a DK running Molten Weapons, and don't use a set that gives you the buff passively (I don't remember the set name).

You give up Endless Hail and Poison Arrow for Rally.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

Congrats, you've just become the build version of JackBadass. Bolded is when I started laughing IRL.

Except it's true? I haven't seen anyone perform well with 2handers since they hosed up animation cancelling and gave dual wield a shitload of self-healing capabilities, with or without Maelstrom drops.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I'm spoiled from playing with goons, but every time I get a pubbie dps that's dw/bow they do so much worse than a pubbie with a 2h. Maybe because dw/bow is way easier to gently caress up.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Where do I get the information on the Discord server used by ESO goons?

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Aramek posted:

I'm spoiled from playing with goons, but every time I get a pubbie dps that's dw/bow they do so much worse than a pubbie with a 2h. Maybe because dw/bow is way easier to gently caress up.

So what are some good dw/bow builds then?

Screw it, I'm bored of looking, I'm just going to follow this whether its good or not http://alcasthq.com/rampage/

Davoren fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 12, 2016

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

That build looks good to me. Very, very gear dependent, but all the "look what I can do on the leaderboards" videos are extremely "for the camera" as it were. Try it out, see how it goes!

PureRok posted:

Where do I get the information on the Discord server used by ESO goons?

https://discord.gg/mehDM8z

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Oh boy I can stay in IC now that they introduced those alchemy bags.

500 tel var for about 18 reagents.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Aramek posted:

That build looks good to me. Very, very gear dependent, but all the "look what I can do on the leaderboards" videos are extremely "for the camera" as it were. Try it out, see how it goes!

https://discord.gg/mehDM8z

Yeah, I'm not interested in being best of the best, I just want something that works, so even if I don't stay on top of gear it'll probably be good enough for me. Got a lot of levelling before I really settle into something anyway I suppose.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

We'll make you stuff. What's your @username? We'll invite you to the goon guild.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Scyantific posted:

Oh boy I can stay in IC now that they introduced those alchemy bags.

500 tel var for about 18 reagents.

Sounds like a bad TV:Gold ratio unless you get lucky with Columbines/Bugloss/whatever else idiots buy idk I have max Alchemy and never use it.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

boho posted:

Sounds like a bad TV:Gold ratio unless you get lucky with Columbines/Bugloss/whatever else idiots buy idk I have max Alchemy and never use it.

It looks like it's more weighted to drop the more in-demand stuff. So if the math on the forums is anything to go by, we're looking at a 15k TV/60k gold ratio, or 4:1.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Aramek posted:

We'll make you stuff. What's your @username? We'll invite you to the goon guild.

I @mrdavoren, but I never worry about gear in mmos too much until I reach max level, changes too quickly until then.

Iseult
Apr 21, 2010

hoc est bellum
Hell Gem
Could I get an invite on @Aureliana please?

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Scyantific posted:

Except it's true? I haven't seen anyone perform well with 2handers since they hosed up animation cancelling and gave dual wield a shitload of self-healing capabilities, with or without Maelstrom drops.

Partly, sure, but reality is that most people out there running dw/bow aren't you, man. They're loving pubbies with 14k health and a build they barely understand and why oh why do I keep dying over and over. Sure, animation cancelling on WB isn't what it used to be but, like, I got over it in about an hour and found the new rhythm and both my stam DK and my stam sorc do a drat good bit of DPS while also not dying.

But just LOL at booting people using 2H. Can we just go back to hating bowblades like it used to be cool to do? Also you goddamn kids just won't get off my lawn, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogdor_666
Mar 12, 2010
Please invite @dredd70 to the main guild. Thanks :) also im Ebonheart.