Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I feel like my post has self righted the thread. FORWARD!

E: Dogge

Xaerael fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Nov 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

MilesK posted:

I'm worried about this dudes history with meaningful relationships.

Cry Citizen.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Holy gently caress, these people don't need the suicide hotline, they need the domestic abuse hotline.

This is the most :psyduck: thing I remember reading in a good while. Seriously, READ IT! :siren:

e: I started underlining sentences but then realized that there wasn't a single one that I didn't :monocle:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/663935098652233729

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

he should make a new acc called " not neurotic jew"

I'd go with Bizarro Woody Allen.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Xaerael posted:

I feel like my post has self righted the thread. FORWARD!

E: Dogge

What a cute husky, they are a special breed. Sorry for your loss.

Here is my husky

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

Take it away, Kenji!

I'm going to pan-to-oven cook a chatueaubriand over christmas. I've now got a cast iron skillet, and I'm going to have a practice-run by cooking one tomorrow.

I want to use the Kenji-technique by salting it advance then leaving overnight in the fridge.

I like the science of Kenji's method, so where can I find out more about this steakmiester?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Interesting, another 1000 page script about how CIG did nothing wrong, right after the previous one. :tinfoil:

Star Citizen: Showing roadmaps to a community such as ours is utopic nonsense

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

MilesK posted:

I'm worried about this dudes history with meaningful relationships.

I have had friends that kept asking me for money and never paid me back or did anything in return, they aren't friends anymore.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

LMAO

Ben's long list of qualifications such as and and also would surely have him pulling down 6 figures elsewhere.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

My body is ready! :awesome:

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Has anyone actually asked Ben straight out if he is still employed by CIG? I'd love to see his attempt at an answer.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MeLKoR posted:

Down with nazi mods!

Derek, mein führer, don't pay attention to this filthy traitor who wants to protect neurotic jews.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The remember the pledge thread is the best ever and CIG must not have been paying their forum moderators because somehow it is still uo.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Beexoffel posted:

The Promoted Tweet for his birthday has some sound advice:

I'm quoting this post because it's just that good.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Blunderstorm posted:

People toxxed if hillary lost

A mod bitched out and gave people a way out by donating to rainn, cementing the fact dnd is a lovely biased forum considering the fact bernie toxxers were never given that option

Lowtax apparently didn't know and said ban the fuckers, just not perma

Hundreds of people were banned in the past two days Lmao

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Propagandist posted:

I'm quoting this post because it's just that good.
I'm quoting you quoting that post because drat.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Seriously, when ad algorithms are burning the gently caress out of Star Citizen, what is there left for us to do?

The FUD is now fully automated, we're obsolete.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

tooterfish posted:

Seriously, when ad algorithms are burning the gently caress out of Star Citizen, what is there left for us to do?

:vince:

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
https://m.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5cl9zi/is_cod_infinite_warfare_taking_shots_at_squadron/

Trash cans in cod iw have 42 on them.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Wise Learned Man posted:

Has anyone actually asked Ben straight out if he is still employed by CIG? I'd love to see his attempt at an answer.

No point, they really don't have a problem lying.

I'd like to applaud CIG for releasing :lesnick: to get a higher paid job somewhere else, true I'm saying this a few months before it becomes obvious it happened but that can't be helped. I think it's better saying it now and meaning it, than pretending he has any kind of role left at CIG.

I can truly say you were a big part of Star Citizen :lesnick: and I think I speak for many when I say I'll miss your complete incompetence and hilarious self owns.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

I forgot to mention the redacted guys said on one of their streams, the COD IW main battleship is called the Retribution or something and that's the same as Star Citizen (maybe I dunno), also there was something else that seemed like a dig at CIG. Can't remember what it was at the moment, I'll see if I can find the part of stream later.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

Apologies if this is a daft question, but what are the ramifications of a ship having to exist in two instances?

And you run out of SpaceSnax in the galley twice as fast, as long as they are not clipping through the cupboard and fly off into space.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

AP posted:

also there was something else that seemed like a dig at CIG. Can't remember what it was at the moment, I'll see if I can find the part of stream later.

I know what the dig was, it was IW being a released game and SC being anything but.

It's a subtle one I know :D

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Blunderstorm posted:

People toxxed if hillary lost

A mod bitched out and gave people a way out by donating to rainn, cementing the fact dnd is a lovely biased forum considering the fact bernie toxxers were never given that option

Lowtax apparently didn't know and said ban the fuckers, just not perma

Hundreds of people were banned in the past two days Lmao

:vince:

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
http://www.pcgamer.com/the-most-demanding-pc-games-right-now/

List of games that can't run at max settings on the best consumer grade hardware out there.

It's interesting how hard multi-player tanks fps even in games noted for being highly optimized.

Sc pared down is still going to struggle to hit 30fps with 32 players, forget 64, and the "maybe a thousand" comment is grounds for involuntary commitment in my book.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MeLKoR posted:

Holy gently caress, these people don't need the suicide hotline, they need the domestic abuse hotline.

This is the most :psyduck: thing I remember reading in a good while. Seriously, READ IT! :siren:

e: I started underlining sentences but then realized that there wasn't a single one that I didn't :monocle:

These people are completely broken.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

MeLKoR posted:

I like it.

I also never tire of the transparency and how big companies don't do it. I kind of wish they did, because I imagine they tackle problems the same way most software companies tackle problems.

Most dev houses:
Dev: Boss, this isn't going to work well, because [list of issues].
Boss: This sounds like a problem. Let's get the team together and come up with a suitable alternative route.
Development: Speedily continues based on resulting decisions and planning.

CIG:
Dev: Boss, this isn't going to work well, because [list of issues].
Boss: We... we need to ask Chris.
CR [On phone from Hawaii]: You... fucks. Are you trying to waste MY money with these problems? It's going to be done this way, because we're not cutting loving corners. If you can't loving handle MY vision, get the gently caress out of MY company. I'll make sure your next employer knows how you couldn't loving handle a simple loving task.
Development: Stuck because nobody knows how to effectively do this task, and the result is so complex nobody in the future knows how to properly implement and extend it for general program usage.

The only thing open development for CIG shows us is that they are incapable of making basic decisions to make a game, and the amount of work and rework to eventually get to a playable state will be a bug filled, performance disaster.

Much like it is now, it will be tomorrow as well.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Reminder, never not funny.

https://twitter.com/Devourlick/status/667505506668314624

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

No point, they really don't have a problem lying.

I'd like to applaud CIG for releasing :lesnick: to get a higher paid job somewhere else, true I'm saying this a few months before it becomes obvious it happened but that can't be helped. I think it's better saying it now and meaning it, than pretending he has any kind of role left at CIG.

I can truly say you were a big part of Star Citizen :lesnick: and I think I speak for many when I say I'll miss your complete incompetence and hilarious self owns.

Ben went to the hospital when he got the bad news.

:sandance: «He's dying? That's terrible PR! poo poo, give him some boxes filled with trash and send him to the basement to sort it out, that should keep him happy.»

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
https://clips.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/SmilingMallardVoHiYo

https://clips.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/OpenWormBionicBunion

nice meltdown(s)

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

I forgot to mention the redacted guys said on one of their streams, the COD IW main battleship is called the Retribution or something and that's the same as Star Citizen (maybe I dunno), also there was something else that seemed like a dig at CIG. Can't remember what it was at the moment, I'll see if I can find the part of stream later.

https://www.twitch.tv/twerk17/v/100072696?t=23m45s

Still can't remember what the other thing was.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Pretty sure Chris Roberts wasn't wearing 20k watches, and vacationing in Italy prior to Star Citizen.

Oh wait, you didn't get the memo that the employees, yourself included, are worthless and there to be abused wage slaves, endlessly tasked with making an impossible "vision" of ripped off sci fi tropes into a game.

A movie game really.

As for Ben, I hope he never gets a job again anywhere outside of being a service person feeding the needy, so he can atone for whatever sins and funny jokes he made to target and hurt people and generally be as creepy and condescending as possible. :wave:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

This is great and keep doing it but also if you could please link the longer video so I can fully appreciate it.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
:gary: WTFossaurus is flipping out at the viewers demanding he go back to playing Star Citizen whenever he takes a break to play anything else. He's actually literally saying right now "there's no one new coming to the channel, there's nothing new to show, there's nothing new to do, I don't know what you guys want me to do :negative:".

Holy poo poo! :yarg:

e: THIS

loving TOTAL MELTDOWN

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Nov 12, 2016

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

tooterfish posted:

Lol

It's true! Robots took over our jobs! :D

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

AP posted:

This is great and keep doing it but also if you could please link the longer video so I fully appreciate it.

I would but I don't understand twitch or how it works other than the clip button. If it's any consolation I feel the attitude he's projecting today it's going to be a one long in-stream meltdown. It started with someone asking him about the Prowler ship cost, and it's degraded since. This is the only reason I'm watching this right now

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

is there an upside to a toxx post?
Like I read the urban dictionary

" If blablabla, I'l do lalala"
But if you win, do you gain anything?

Nothing but the joy (?) of proving you are right and everybody else is wrong and showing you had the balls to toxx on it.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This is a classy burn. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

nawledgelambo posted:

I would but I don't understand twitch or how it works other than the clip button. If it's any consolation I feel the attitude he's projecting today it's going to be a one long in-stream meltdown. It started with someone asking him about the Prowler ship cost, and it's degraded since. This is the only reason I'm watching this right now

Nevermind, I found more of it you little hero.

https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/v/100658020?t=1h35m0s

:gary:

• Locked thread