Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I've been working on some rewards that shall be set out to all who brought my life back online that will follow similar structure to or in addition to the gofundme backers too. I feel confident everyone will come away happy on this.
I have the full list of cash donors from the trip.

What about insulation and spray foam, are you still wanting that stuff or have you begun retiring to more private environs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm indoors now lol the trip back will be cold for a portion but there is a southerly diversion mom and dad will help towards so I can see them

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

14 BAR RIFF posted:

beginning to button up the rear end in preparation of a drive shaft.

:eyepop:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
14" how would you describe your upper torso size in regards to general clothes sizes? Do you have ape arms, do you have a weirdly long torso etc?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I'm indoors now lol the trip back will be cold for a portion but there is a southerly diversion mom and dad will help towards so I can see them

I doubt Knoxville is along the route but if it is I'll offer a place to crash and tools/funds to fix things that broke along the way.

edit: Looks like a ~2 hours detour but you'd have more elevation to deal with along the KY/TN border

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Nov 12, 2016

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Dannywilson posted:

14" how would you describe your upper torso size in regards to general clothes sizes? Do you have ape arms, do you have a weirdly long torso etc?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8kQvT50GYw

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

NitroSpazzz posted:

I doubt Knoxville is along the route but if it is I'll offer a place to crash and tools/funds to fix things that broke along the way.

edit: Looks like a ~2 hours detour but you'd have more elevation to deal with along the KY/TN border

Tallahassee is similarly open as a Waystation for the Fury Road because who wouldn't want to be a part of this story.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

14 BAR RIFF posted:

D day is under 2 weeks. I can 3 day PayPal for stuff in townnow too, though. Debit card and internet are fantastic assets to continue to have

Tyranid05@ hotmail if any new converts want to skip the mail hassle. But I do have most of everything I need so full honesty a portion of that'd go to the Bulleit and Cancer slush fund. And as before my incredible and immortal respect to those who captured the sun and by their hands brought me to the grasses of this field

The only way it'd not get there in time is if I sent it via media mail, so we're good. I'm making a list of things to pick up in town today, and if I hear back from ExplodingSims early enough today, I can have it on its way to Fury Road by noon.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

You know, eventually the local news is going to send a reporter out there to see just what's gotten the town in such a tizzy.

As an A/V journalist myself, I'm shocked nobody's come by yet. I would've grabbed my gear and hauled rear end out there the instant I heard about it. This is one of those golden soft news stories that writes itself:

"They call themselves 'The War Boys.'"

[cut to shot of shirtless man slathered in grease tinkering with parts as a cigarette dangles from his lip]

"And their story is nothing short of incredible."

...etc.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

So, uh, did the Jeep really burn to the ground last night, or am I hallucinating?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Jeep is dead.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Valkyries appeared to take the Jeep to Vahalla.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

So, uh, did the Jeep really burn to the ground last night, or am I hallucinating?

poo poo is so dead

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

14 BAR RIFF posted:

poo poo is so dead

Salvage the wheel and make one of these

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I finally get up to shower and oh so delicately my glasses go tink and snap in two

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Where this truck is going, you won't need glasses to see.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
You type more coherently without them.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dagen H posted:

You type more coherently without them.

Hunt and pecker

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I finally get up to shower and oh so delicately my glasses go tink and snap in two

Just glue the lenses to your eyes.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I'm half expecting him to break two beer bottles and jab them into his skull.

Oh God that's not a suggestion don't do this.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Hunt and pecker

That you type by slapping the keyboard joyously with your wang makes more sense of some previous posts.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Djdanno, I didn't want a jeep to burn to the ground in my front yard either, so I did it in the back yard. (That sucked.)

If it has 4.10s, a direct 4th, and the 7.50-20 tires (35") it should do around 70mph at 2700-2800rpm. I would keep it well below that though... depending on the condition of the wheel bearings.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

kastein posted:

Djdanno, I didn't want a jeep to burn to the ground in my front yard either, so I did it in the back yard. (That sucked.)

If it has 4.10s, a direct 4th, and the 7.50-20 tires (35") it should do around 70mph at 2700-2800rpm. I would keep it well below that though... depending on the condition of the wheel bearings.

I would keep it well below that, wheel bearings or no, those tires are dry-rotted to poo poo from 40 years sitting in a field and the first time you try to travel at a speed above about 45-50 you're likely to start losing bits off your tires.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

They are absolutely fitting new rubber before it hits the road

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

no bones about it posted:

I would keep it well below that, wheel bearings or no, those tires are dry-rotted to poo poo from 40 years sitting in a field and the first time you try to travel at a speed above about 45-50 you're likely to start losing bits off your tires.

gently caress, I wouldn't even run them above bicycle speed. Tires even 10 or 15 years old are so dried up they have no traction and even less wet traction. I ran the ones that came with my Justy to get home, I could do a rolling burnout through middle of second gear with loving 73hp. And both front tires split so many belts they almost blew out within 2200 miles or so.

Fortunately they are getting replaced before the trip, but he has had difficulty finding 7.50-20 rubber new and all the 20" 35s are like a foot wide, which is too wide for those wheels and that suspension. I could find 7.50-16s on tirerack when I looked but nothing in 20".

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I know nothing about these type tires but a quick google shows plenty available for shipping from lots of places what am I missing? Just curious about it

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I just found brand new 7.00-20s (not 7.50, so you will lose some top speed probably) at a tire shop SOMEWHERE in nebraska! http://www.nebraskatire.com/truck/car (top left corner of page)

E: I think he was looking for them local not internet order. Oh well, probably have to. Also a lot of the google results are 7.50-15s or -16s not -20s.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Well, we had been looking local, since nobody really wanted to gently caress with the split rims situation, and Dan had found a shop willing to do them and had the correct tires for $texas of course.

But after looking again I found this deal: http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Tires-7-5...ydVjGFB&vxp=mtr
Which looks pretty solid. With the way the universe has been treating 14" I'm not sure loving with some rusty rear end rims is in his best interests though. :v:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

If the load rating allows, you could always run only 4 tires on the way home and deal with the other two later, unless those are the tires you intend to keep on it.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I don't really intend on keeping those wheels forever, as I would like to upgrade the transmission and rear end at some point, and would like to get away from split rims in general. But I'll probably just go for all six. At least that way I might be able to sell them all as a set.

ExplodingSims fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Nov 13, 2016

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Im assuming theres nothing more modern in terms of rims that fits that bolt pattern? Our Hino and Isuzu trucks here in AU still run 11R22.5 on a 7.5 x 22.5 rim.

What IS the max GVM of that truck? Cos if you can find a bolt pattern that fits and a 16" rim that clears the brakes LT315/75R16 tyres are rated to 3858lb each. Maybe super singles?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Already considered that... not a chance of a 16 or 16.5 wheel fitting in my estimation, 19.5 (maybe), 20, or 22.5. The lug pattern I don't remember, but it has been discussed in this thread.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Brake drum was 17" across for one

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Well, you could always have the wheel discs cut out and welded to new one-piece rims. Won't be supercheap but it's not uncommon since it's done for the rear wheels on tractors all the time. A good shop shouldn't have problems with centering or rebalancing when doing it.

Like, I'd be surprised if Danno doesn't have a few old tractor rims sans the discs laying around. We use them for firepits here.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Nov 13, 2016

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Another source is Coker Tire here in Chattanooga. They specialize in classic and antique tires, so they'll have whatever you need.

There's a whole page of 7.50x20 bias plies here.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

I used to have a bridge piercing. There's no way these are steady enough to reliably see out of.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dylanthulhu posted:

I used to have a bridge piercing. There's no way these are steady enough to reliably see out of.

They have nose pads too, which carry much of the weight. Supposedly they work well enough to see with but tend to fall off when you bend over.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Cold weather care package sent.

E: Anyone that quotes Warren Zevon - My poo poo's hosed Up deserves a Carhartt.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Nov 13, 2016

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
BROTHERS, IT IS THE DAWN OF A NEW DAY. WE HAVE THE ENEMY ON THE RUN. THERE SHALL BE NO SURRENDER. NO QUARTER DRIVE GIVEN.

WE MARCH TO THE SEA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread